Photo
- - - - -

Logitech GS & G940 Firmware Update

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 O_catarM

O_catarM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:20

only 2 comments about it but both positive.I was happy wit my G940even before this update hope it won't break my joystick :lol:

#42 DummyBoy

DummyBoy

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:59

Hi,

Check this topik:

G940 Reversal bug

The last few page is a discussion for the beta test of this FW.

#43 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 27 June 2013 - 18:43

I decided to dig up this thread because I have an opportunity to buy a G940 for a reasonable price. I can’t stand a stick without FFB, so I have been reading a lot regarding the reverse bug and a person in this tread helped me with his input after I PM him. As it stands, and it will not change anymore, the new firmware just fix the stick, but the rudder pedals and the throttle still have the bug and it will die with the bug, apparently.

But I have been reading people not complaining about it, and as HotTom pointed out, there is a way to use it raw, setting it up in ROF. Does the raw install fix the reverse bug or people just live with it? I like the idea of the G940 because it is complete, people like the stick and the throttle looks nice to operate.

I might not buy it, since it is so polemical, but it will be good to hear more about it. Otherwise I might get a Saitek pedal and a throttle in the future, little by little, because just the Saitek pedals cost the same as the G940.

I appreciate any feedbacks!

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#44 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 27 June 2013 - 19:02

There is a way to fix some of the issues. As far as I know it's an easy fix but you will have to open up the unit and do it yourself (or let someone do it for you). I even saw a thread about in on the RoF forums a while back. Maybe a search will help you out there.

I don't own one,so I can not comment about the quality of the Joystick. But I've read that some units just overheat after some time and then it turns off the FFB until it is cooled down. This propably doesn't happen with every unit,some people where lucky and got a flawlessly working unit from what I have heard.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#45 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 27 June 2013 - 22:04

There is a way to fix some of the issues. As far as I know it's an easy fix but you will have to open up the unit and do it yourself (or let someone do it for you). I even saw a thread about in on the RoF forums a while back. Maybe a search will help you out there.

I don't own one,so I can not comment about the quality of the Joystick. But I've read that some units just overheat after some time and then it turns off the FFB until it is cooled down. This propably doesn't happen with every unit,some people where lucky and got a flawlessly working unit from what I have heard.

Yes, I have read about the mods done in the product, but then it would be too radical and I would have to study it. What I hope is that if you plug it out of the box, ROF will do the rest. The software might be the problem.

#46 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 27 June 2013 - 22:17

Forget the Logitech software (get the driver update, of course!). If you map it using the RoF Options pages you will have zero conflicts.

#47 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 28 June 2013 - 00:23

Forget the Logitech software (get the driver update, of course!). If you map it using the RoF Options pages you will have zero conflicts.

Thanks, HotTom, I just purchased it. I'll give it a try! It will arrive in four days and I'll post my first impressions.

Thanks, guys!
Cheers,

#48 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:14

I think you'll like it! Let us know!

#49 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:31

Yes, for sure!

#50 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:54

Hi, HotTom, my G940 arrived! So far so good and I have not experienced any problems! I didn’t upgrade the firmware and I don’t know what that can do for me, but I am kind of wary about it. Maybe it will mess up the feeling that I have now or maybe mine already came with a revision and firmware. I just calibrated it, didn’t install any software. What did you gain when you updated the firmware?

When I flew with it for the first time I felt the difference right the way, to have rudder pedals and throttle. The rudder especially, because it gives you way more control of the airplane. And I set some nice commands on the throttle stick, like zoom, radiator and altitude throttle; reload on the little finger trigger at the stick and that kind of stuff.

The rudder seems to be less smooth than the axis in my old Logitech, but it can’t compare with the control that I have now. And maybe I can leave it smoother adjusting the curves.

Really cool, thanks for the incentive, because I would probably not buy it without your feedback. Now that I know how it is, I was going to refer to the Brazilians in this forum, because the price was a bargain over here, but it was the last one. Maybe it wasn’t selling because of all the angry people complaining about it (lucky me).

Cheers :S!:

#51 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:06

Go ahead and do the firmware update. It didn't give me any problems and cured a few with the original version. I never tried running it without the update so it was impossible to tell any difference.

Unless they seem to be causing problems, I generally use the latest drivers for everything.

I don't know what all the bitching was about except some of the problems were from lack of quality control with the hardware. Logitech should have fixed the problems with the rotary controls in the throttle once they became aware of it. I (and some others) had a problem with the force feedback motor overheating. I returned the first one that was doing it. They replaced it for free and the replacement has been working fine for several years.

#52 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:15

Got it, I'll check the Logitech forum, because I remember that I read some posts explaining what had changed with the new firmware. I also need to know which firmware I have.

Thanks,

#53 SYN_DerHesse70

SYN_DerHesse70

Posted 02 July 2013 - 14:04

Hello Contiusa!

I'm a happy owner of a G940.

I really recommend the update of the last firmware and driver. It is a big difference. The center spring force is complete different with the last update.

Congratulations to this flight system. I would buy it always again. ;)

#54 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 02 July 2013 - 14:45

Hello Contiusa!

I'm a happy owner of a G940.

I really recommend the update of the last firmware and driver. It is a big difference. The center spring force is complete different with the last update.

Congratulations to this flight system. I would buy it always again. ;)

Thanks, DerHesse70, I was just thinking about the spring force, which I adjusted to not have some steps. That would be a good improvement :D I'll maybe upgrade with more spare time during the weekend. Indeed, the system is awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users