- - - - -

"!NEWBIE Dogfight server" is online.

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#321 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:32

Shnookums is banned for a week for offensive language.

#322 MPcdn

MPcdn

Posted 06 December 2011 - 21:29

Today on NEWBIE Server there was kid that was wrecking the game by shooting down the bomber he was flying in as the gunner. Having to lock the gunner position before each flight made so that new member we were flying with could not be our gunners as planned. We tried to ban him but he left the server. I am not sure what your admin can do but his name is Cornelius2. After his messing up the game several members left and did not return to this server.

is there a way to track his email and ban him?

Thank you

#323 Kelp

Kelp
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 December 2011 - 13:56

Hi Vaal,

Someting up with server since last 1023 update.
Only the TDM are loading, no more CTF missions since.

Btw thanks for the good work on behalf of all.

#324 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 26 December 2011 - 16:20

Oops, it looks like a bug game server, it can not load ctf mission.
Thank you for info.

#325 iowa-1966

iowa-1966

Posted 26 December 2011 - 17:37

Have you fixed the floating buildings and scenery?

#326 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 26 December 2011 - 20:36

I didn't see this thread before. I've just started flying multiplayer and naturally started on the Newbie server. It's great fun and very challenging. Thanks to all for the furious furballs!

Here's a link to a bunch of videos I've made - all were made on the Newbie server within the last week.SimHQ Newbie RoF MP Server videos

Maybe you'll see yourself in there if you've flown lately.

I'm trying to drum up more interest in the multiplayer side of things so leave a comment to bump the thread and hopefully some other folks will see how much fun it is and try RoF or join the MP servers.

Hellshade

#327 Kelp

Kelp
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 December 2011 - 21:26

Yep, some entire forest go floting with trees at different hights.
Also noticed an isle with all it's buildings sky dancing.
Thou badplaced objects seem not to obstuct flying,one goes right through them :O)

Also got some ROF crashes while playing those missions today, did almost never happen before.

However first day I notice this, before it was just the CTF stuff that did not come up.

While those missions need going over, why not put some Nieuports 17 or 11 in some, Vaal, especialy since their fm update they can use some extra attention - like e.g. in the Verdun and Verdun 2 missions?

#328 Kelp

Kelp
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 27 December 2011 - 16:43

Rof update cleared bug causing objects sky dancing and CFT missions are loading again )

Thx Vaal for the good work ))

#329 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 27 December 2011 - 16:47

Np
I added two missions with the earlier aircraft.

#330 Kelp

Kelp
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 28 December 2011 - 23:31

Today I flew the Verdun e from +/- 23:00 to 24:00 and the mission summary held a total of 28 participants, ingame I counted at a given moment 16 active pilots.
I guess this is only a beginning, niewbie users still having to adapt to the new item.
The water seemed deep at the start, I can imagine the surprise of some of the usual crew but enthousias grew throughout while more logged on through the mission.
It was quite obvious that all who did give it a serious try had a swell time at it, me to of course )
At first it was the albs and N17's who did circulate but pretty soon there were also FVII and to the end even some heavy bombers.
Did not see any Fokker E3 or DH2 flying but there was talk about those early ones on choise, so I am confident that it wont take long before those'll add to the furballs.

Thank you Vaal for all the good work, thank you ROF team and studios 777

#331 Kelp

Kelp
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 01 January 2012 - 14:08

Hi Vaal, could you check the planes set on those new missions again?
If both added missions with the earlier planes are "Verdun e" and "Lake e" it seems that the later, "Lake e",does not have those - only "Verdun e".
It is hard to catch on to a specific mission on their rotation, so forgive me if I am wrong.

#332 Kelp

Kelp
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 01 January 2012 - 16:28

Sry, just flying the mission "Lake e" and it is OK. Hope I did not make to much a nuisance of myself.
Thnx Vaal!

#333 MichaelW

MichaelW

Posted 04 January 2012 - 13:55

Deleted - mit euch zu reden ist sinnlos

ich scheiß auf eure Meinung

#334 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 04 January 2012 - 14:42

Why don't you practice flying in single-player?

#335 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 04 January 2012 - 15:02

I find the Newbie Server is only to some degree good for practice,as Manual Engine management is set to Off. It's great to have some quick action,but for real practice you should try out the New Wings Server. There you will sure get some Questions answered aswell,if you have any.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#336 MichaelW

MichaelW

Posted 04 January 2012 - 15:29

#337 MichaelW

MichaelW

Posted 04 January 2012 - 15:32

#338 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 04 January 2012 - 15:53

the planes fuel quant. is fixed to 100 per cent, well try to fly these planes with full tank, they, behave like briks, normally i fly the camel, triplane, fokker dvii, se5a and so on never with more than 25%-30% fuel on big maps and 15-20% on average size maps

They also fly like bricks for the people you are flying against, so it evens out.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#339 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 04 January 2012 - 17:20

From a personal point of view I have to agree with you HenriGermany our setup over at New wings does make for a challenge in flying. I've logged quite a few hours in the Albitros DVa and the Foker VII with 100% and I find that they handle quite well. However flying a Camel with 100% is like flying a full beer narrel.

However in defense of our setup on New Wings we felt that since we are a training server we wanted to train future RoF pilots in a more realistic fuil load enviroment. Now IF you fly our Combat Training Server you will find that you may choose your fuil load as you see fit. This server is populated by some very nice samplings from the community and we use training level (icons on & padlock) setup here. This server is to help new pilots transit to the full realism servers that are out there.

We hope that you will feel welcome on our servers, however do remember that they are for training.

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#340 MichaelW

MichaelW

Posted 07 January 2012 - 16:24

#341 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 07 January 2012 - 16:41

as i noticed the newbie server has been restarted with other settings like no auto mixture for the engine and no automatic engine start, well FBVaal can you change it please

another thing is what i want to say is that a lot of pilots there are like little babies which are crying becaouse of nothing

and next thing WE WANT THE PRO PILOTS GET BANNED FROM THE NEWBIE SERVER WHICH ARE yellowstar and Fritz (he is an russion pilot) and sometimes J9austin

UND NOCHMAL AUF DEUTSCH:

die profis oder pro pilots sollen auf anderen servern fliegen und nicht die noobs abknallen, ihr seit die letzten heulsusen, wenn ich z.b. getroffen werde und bin fast tod oder der flieger hat nur ein flügen dann resette ich und beginne den flug neu - aber wenn einige es so wollen dass man dann abstürtzt und dabei einen ständer bekommen dann bitte (damit meine ich semmel z.b.)

wir werden schon sehen wer fliegen kann und wer nicht ihr heulsusen kleine babies

und die profis von euch können auf den full real server gehen - ihr wollt doch nur die noobs abknallen damit euer ego steigt - wie erärmlich habt wohl im leben keine anderen erfolgserlebnisse traurig seit ihr - vor euch brauche ich mich nicht zu verstecken -
und ihr braucht nicht zu spekulieren welcher Pilot ich denn nun bin - ich hab so einige nicks von denen der ein oder andere bekannt ist und von anderen bereits respektiert wird, weil ich nicht herumhzeule sondern anderen zeige wie man sich in unterzahhl verhält usw usw weil ihr spielt alle unfair - geht zu 6 auf einen spieler los und fühlt euch dann als etwas ganz tolles. Glaubt ja nicht dass ihr die Herren der Lüfte seid, jeder findet seinen Meister - das verspreche ich EUCH!!!!!

Your first problem is this is far from a newbie server. This has been complained about before. They really should change a different name in my humble opinion. You want to fly in a regulated server where you have a chance to learn. Then maybe you should try New Wings.

#342 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 07 January 2012 - 16:45

Henri,you really shouldn't behave like a "Baby" yourself. I was there this Morning/Afternoon,and now i think i know who you are. And no,im no Pro Pilot,but your behavior wasn't by any means Mature at all,or however you may call it. If someone lets you go with a damaged Plane or if he choose to bring you down is really up to him,and not worth complaining about. Sure,there are some really good Pilots,but they are on both sides. And i agree that it sometimes can be somewhat frustrating to get shot down by one of them repeatedly. But hey,you only can grow with your challenges really. If it bothers you too much,then you really should do something else,until you've calmed down a little.

Sorry to bring this up on this Thread,as i think it really isn't the right place for such things.

Rather i'd like to thank for putting up this Server,for us who want a few hours of quick Action now and then.

#343 MichaelW

MichaelW

Posted 07 January 2012 - 16:53

Henri,you really shouldn't behave like a "Baby" yourself. I was there this Morning/Afternoon,and now i think i know who you are. And no,im no Pro Pilot,but your behavior wasn't by any means Mature at all,or however you may call it. If someone lets you go with a damaged Plane or if he choose to bring you down is really up to him,and not worth complaining about. Sure,there are some really good Pilots,but they are on both sides. And i agree that it sometimes can be somewhat frustrating to get shot down by one of them repeatedly. But hey,you only can grow with your challenges really. If it bothers you too much,then you really should do something else,until you've calmed down a little.

Sorry to bring this up on this Thread,as i think it really isn't the right place for such things.

Rather i'd like to thank for putting up this Server,for us who want a few hours of quick Action now and then.

man du kapierst es nicht ich brauche nicht zu lernen ich bin kein totaler anfänger geht darum dass einige leute wie yellow start nicht auf den server gehören die schlachten die newbies ab aber egal jetzt thema ende basta

#344 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 07 January 2012 - 17:17

If you're not a beginner yourself,what's YOUR reason to be on the Newbieserver at all?

Aber ist echt gut jetz,Thema Ende,Basta!

#345 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 07 January 2012 - 17:41

I thought the Newbie server was the place where you can find some Newbies to shoot down!
;)

#346 MAXV88

MAXV88

Posted 07 January 2012 - 19:17

Attached File  Thumbs-up.jpg   20.19KB   365 downloads
:S!:

#347 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 08 January 2012 - 14:14

I am not very happy myself with the name of that server, on the other hand it is pretty common in other games that servers with the name "newbie" in it attract all sorts of skill levels, even those that should stay out.

#348 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 08 January 2012 - 14:48

By all means thanks for the server, but for gods sake change the name or at LEAST make sure it's not on the top of the list.

The Newbie server might be a good bit of fastfood style fun for pilots who want some helpers on, but its the WORST POSSIBLE first multiplayer experience any new ROF pilot can have.

For a sim with such a small community, that has to do its very best to keep every new pilot who decides to try it out, this server is an extremely stupid and counter-productive thing.

And especially with the New Wings server around, as well as a LOT of other community initiatives to help along newcomers (Thinking of all the guys at New Wings, IRFC with Vacu giving observer course and Bender doing the Camelfag and now a plane guide, Josh Echo also giving occasional training, many people on Syndicate and Hellequins always being willing to take along a new guy and helping them setting up their controls and holding them by the hand, yes also myself with many practice events in the past)….the Newbie Server is a slap in the face of this communities' very best quality.

#349 Panthera

Panthera

Posted 13 January 2012 - 20:30

There's been some major issues with lag on the server today (was in 5 min ago actually), what could be the reason for this?

#350 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 13 January 2012 - 20:41

some problems with the network. where exactly do not know.

#351 Panthera

Panthera

Posted 13 January 2012 - 22:42

some problems with the network. where exactly do not know.

Ok, good to know you guys are aware of the problem. Hoping for a fix soon :)

#352 MPcdn

MPcdn

Posted 15 January 2012 - 00:53

The name is the problem. The server is great, so much so that it always has people to play with. For thoese that are not newbies use a plane you are not good at and take more fuel. Fly a bomber so new members can learn as gunners. If the server that day has lots of good pilots then bring out you best plane.

#353 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:52

Project NEWBIE Dogfight server - closed. Questions about the server for newbies - for example in this topic - Newbies, Please Change your name! .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users