Photo
- - - - -

"!NEWBIE Dogfight server" is online.

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#81 redmaniac

redmaniac

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:06

I do like the settings on the server, because i have found it evens the field a little bit, even with the aces there. all the engines are running same heat/rpm/mix so no one pilot is advantaged by experience in that regard. Sometimes it's the only place with any flyers, so you have no choice really, but often you find there's plenty of the "regulars" (experienced pilots we all fly with on any server that's got the numbers) there anyway

Even though I have been flying for ages now, i still regularly get shot down with no kills in mp(full real), just because i have hit my skill level and that's as good as i'll get probably. I don't mind though, i still have fun.
If i can, in the newbie server i will only shoot at the "regulars", and if i see a real new newbie i let them chase me (which is often a mistake :lol: )
As far as I've seen when some one comes in and says they're very new, everyone helps them out and it's better for the newbie. I cant imagine it would be too often there would be a bad experience in terms of foul play. not with what ive seen from the flying community

Cheers
Cassper

-edit-

I have to say the mission (1916 i think) with the alb dII and nieuports is excellent. even better for levelling the playing field. sure, you gotta buy the planes, but they are so so easy to fly, i couldnt believe it. sure, the alb outclasses the neiups by far, but if the more experienced players go a neiup it's tons of fun :)

#82 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:24

Yeah I was suprised to see the TWO server and the other server near empty but the newbie server had 25+ people on it. Saw some familliar faces in there as well :D.

#83 Rivet

Rivet

Posted 27 May 2010 - 15:06

Server name in multiplayer lobby: "!NEWBIE Dogfight server"

This server is for Newbies who want to have their first experience in Dogfight.

I just did and got my a**e handed to me on a plate with salad on the side :shock: .

Think I'll stick to single player and leave the "newbie" server to the experts.

#84 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 27 May 2010 - 15:53

Dont give up. There are some people who need to have their egos stroked by loggin onto the newbie server and shoot new people down. Its a sad thing but humans being what they are will always flock to the easier. That is why TOW and the other major server are all but empty while the poor new people are getting torn up by aces.

Come to the 4aces open server nights. We welcome all new faces and love helping people learn to fly and shoot.

#85 Rivet

Rivet

Posted 27 May 2010 - 16:53

Thanks Viper69, I fully understand the points you make, and to a certain extent I expected it to be a little like that especially with that silly leaderboard system in place (let's rack up a good kill streak with little or no risk) etc, but I never expected the quantum leap it was :shock: .

First, I know I'm competing (probably not the right word in my case), against real people who are much more unpredictable than AI, and even some real life pilots against whom I have as much chance as a snowflake in a blast furnace :lol: and I would never expect otherwise, but the real shock I got was some of the maneuvers they were pulling in certain aircraft.

Example: I thought I'd give myself a chance and took a Fokker D.VIIF thinking that it shouldn't be too shabby in a turn fight. I engaged a Spad that was getting ready to flame my backside, and he just pulled some stunts I couldn't even do if I had a damn F-16 let alone these crates. Of course, I was reduced to ribbons and matchwood in seconds. My experience of the Spad is that it has the maneuvering capabilities of a Mississippi Riverboat and is as stable a gun platform as a clown on a unicycle. Evidently, this is incorrect.

I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. I think it's a case of a good aircraft being flown by a crap pilot getting owned by a crap aircraft being flown by an Ace pilot. I just don't understand how a Spad could turn fight like that.

I don't think I'm too bad at actual shooting, well, maybe I am - it's more being able to maneuver into a shooting position in the first place.

Maybe I'll have another go once I stop cowering under my desk and gibbering, and thanks for the invite to 4aces open server nights.

Having said all that, I really do love the sim itself. Neoqb have done a fantastic job and it's only getting better each update. I may not have posted much but I've been reading the forum and have owned the sim since it's European release last year.

Can't wait to suck as much with the DH2 as I do with all the other aircraft :lol:

#86 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 27 May 2010 - 17:29

First off, dont underestimate the Spad. It is faster than the D7F and can turn that speed into vertical moves and chondels and all kinds of other types of turns.

If you want if I log onto the newbie server we can go off into a corner and I can fly around and you can get some practice. Once your comfortable and landing good hits we can go live and really have fun.

Like I said earlier, dont get discouraged when obvious over experienced people for the server pop in and start gunning people down. (you asshats know who you are)

#87 Rivet

Rivet

Posted 27 May 2010 - 17:54

First off, dont underestimate the Spad. It is faster than the D7F

I realize that. For me it's the plane's only saving grace. I have no trouble running away in it :lol:

vertical moves and chondels and all kinds of other types of turns.
There you go - what's a chondel? :lol:

If you want if I log onto the newbie server we can go off into a corner and I can fly around and you can get some practice. Once your comfortable and landing good hits we can go live and really have fun.

If you don't mind, I'll take you up on that offer but it will have to be another time. Evening meal is just about ready now. I'll pm you for a mutually convenient time if that's ok.

Like I said earlier, dont get discouraged when obvious over experienced people for the server pop in and start gunning people down. (you asshats know who you are)

Oh it's ok. I've been around on this here interweb a long long time. I don't get upset. There's no point. If that's how people want to have fun then fine. I just think "ok", leave and do something else. No point getting all fired up - life's too short. I simply didn't realize that all that was meant by Newbie server was that it had all the game helper's turned on like icons, auto engine management etc, etc.

#88 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 27 May 2010 - 18:49

I am usually at my computer from 7pm est to about 11pm.

Also a chandelle is..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandelle

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Chandelle.gif

Here is a nice video of some maneuvers {url]

I guess had I spelled it right :) its a pretty easy maneuver but it helps utilize a planes high speed to turn and gain altitude, which can in turn be traded for more speed.

#89 Rivet

Rivet

Posted 27 May 2010 - 21:28

Thanks for that info Viper. Much appreciated.

As for the time, it's 10:25pm here in the UK, so I'm guessing it will be 6:25pm in your part of the world.

#90 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 27 May 2010 - 23:00

Thanks Viper69, I fully understand the points you make, and to a certain extent I expected it to be a little like that especially with that silly leaderboard system in place (let's rack up a good kill streak with little or no risk) etc, but I never expected the quantum leap it was :shock: .

While this certainly happens in many games - I'd like to point out that Newbie server does not have ranking enabled, just to let you know.

I've been known to have fun on that server (while not exactly considering myself a "noob") but it's not to rack up easy kills - It's simply because that is were all the folks happen to be flying at that time. If I have a choice of "Full Real" with 2 pilots or "NEWBIE" with 20 - I'll pick 20 almost every time.

I remember early on, getting my arse handed to me constantly in one of the early Russian servers. You can learn a lot if you watch that "expert" who always seems to knock you out of the sky – Try picking a rear base, and before you start the engine and take off - Use the external views (SHFT+F2 and/or CTRL+F2) to "watch" that expert and see what he does - you'll most likely learn a thing or three! *I* sure did doing it that way…

Best of Luck to ya'!

Don't get discouraged!

…and check six!

~S!~

#91 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 28 May 2010 - 00:18

That is why TOW and the other major server are all but empty while the poor new people are getting torn up by aces.

Yes it's fantastic :D I get up I get shot down I get up I get shot down I get up I get shot down I get up I get shot down.

This is really so much fun :D :D :D I love it so much :D I feel really encouraged to continue :D

Thank you all you arseholes out there for making this such a wildy enjoyable experience for NEWBIES :D

#92 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 28 May 2010 - 00:47

This is weird.

I ran Hussars server for several months with most pilot aids turned ON an nobody used it because, I was told several times, that RoF players were "Simmers" and liked to play on full real settings.

Now admittedly our server does get quite busy when I can run it, but with almost full real settings.

It is rather worrying to hear that the very server set up to encourage new players into the MP arena seems to be doing the very opposite.

#93 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 28 May 2010 - 00:52

While this certainly happens in many games - I'd like to point out that Newbie server does not have ranking enabled, just to let you know.

Just took a peep at the server settings on the MP server list and it looks like global stats are actually ON, at least they are right now.

Attached File  Newbie settings.jpg   204.33KB   432 downloads

#94 Gimpy117

Gimpy117

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:33

any chance of balancing the server Planes a bit? seems a bit stacked to me

reguards,

Gimpy117

#95 redmaniac

redmaniac

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:18

First, I know I'm competing (probably not the right word in my case), against real people who are much more unpredictable than AI, and even some real life pilots against whom I have as much chance as a snowflake in a blast furnace :lol: and I would never expect otherwise,but the real shock I got was some of the maneuvers they were pulling in certain aircraft..

I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. I think it's a case of a good aircraft being flown by a crap pilot getting owned by a crap aircraft being flown by an Ace pilot. I just don't understand how a Spad could turn fight like that

I don't think I'm too bad at actual shooting, well, maybe I am - it's more being able to maneuver into a shooting position in the first place.

Can't wait to suck as much with the DH2 as I do with all the other aircraft :lol:

i think the issue here is the fact that the planes fly different in sp than in mp. so, regardless of how many sp hours you do (like i did at first) you go into mp and you're flying a different animal entirely, even if u practice with same plane, same settings on as server, etc.

i've been playing since late last year and i'm only just starting to get to a point were i can get behind people and i'm still hopeless at shooting. but mp games is where all the learning for this game happens for mp flying. catch 22. :)

catchov: Yes it's fantastic :D I get up I get shot down I get up I get shot down I get up I get shot down I get up I get shot down.

This is really so much fun I love it so much I feel really encouraged to continue :D

Thank you all you arseholes out there for making this such a wildy enjoyable experience for NEWBIES :D

cant be the best first go???? sorry for that mate. guess what? everyone goes up, gets shot down, they go back up, they get shot down again. THATS THE POINT OF THE GAME AND WHY THEY IMPLEMENTED THE DF SERVER MODE, ISNT IT? so when u get shot down u dont have to wait….
if you cant have fun doing that, then u probably should stick to sp

P.S. Most of us had to learn mp with Vaal and Wolf above us ;)

#96 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:59

cant be the best first go???? sorry for that mate. guess what? everyone goes up, gets shot down, they go back up, they get shot down again. THATS THE POINT OF THE GAME AND WHY THEY IMPLEMENTED THE DF SERVER MODE, ISNT IT? so when u get shot down u dont have to wait….
if you cant have fun doing that, then u probably should stick to sp

I'm sorry you're quite right. Gosh, what was I thinking ! Now that I think about it, I'm really enjoying being consistently shot down by experienced aces in a newbie server. And I don't have to wait long at all before being shot down again. It's fantastic fun and highly recommended.

I only hope they make the German kites even easier than they already are so I can get shot down a whole lot sooner. Tremendous fun.

#97 Rivet

Rivet

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:39

I'd like to point out that Newbie server does not have ranking enabled, just to let you know.

Thanks WWBrian, I didn't realize that.

I've been known to have fun on that server (while not exactly considering myself a "noob") but it's not to rack up easy kills - It's simply because that is were all the folks happen to be flying at that time. If I have a choice of "Full Real" with 2 pilots or "NEWBIE" with 20 - I'll pick 20 almost every time.

Yes, I also understand the "numbers" game. When I joined the server, it did seem to be the only one that was reasonably populated, so I can understand why other pilots experienced or otherwise would want to join. It's not much of a challenge on your own.

I remember early on, getting my arse handed to me constantly in one of the early Russian servers. You can learn a lot if you watch that "expert" who always seems to knock you out of the sky – Try picking a rear base, and before you start the engine and take off - Use the external views (SHFT+F2 and/or CTRL+F2) to "watch" that expert and see what he does - you'll most likely learn a thing or three! *I* sure did doing it that way…

Best of Luck to ya'!

Don't get discouraged!

…and check six!

~S!~

Good advice Brian, I'll try to follow it. My head feels like it's on a swivel already :lol:

I'd just like to point out that I bear no malice towards the pilots in the server when I was there. Their behaviour was fine and they flew fairly and to the best of their ability which I would expect. The only thing that surprised me slightly was that the said ability was way above mine, which was a tad unexpected on a "newbie" server - but now I understand why. My intention is not to start a flame fest here. Had enough of those in the past on other forums.

Anyway it seems my point has been made previously, by others in this thread. I only skimmed through it and missed some of it. My bad.

Looking forward to getting good enough to make it more difficult for you guys ;) I will now try to take on board some of the good advice and help that has been offered.

Actually, looking at Miggins' post above, it does look as though my point of the more experienced pilot jumping in to rack up some easy kills is a valid one, at least for now. :?:

#98 Rivet

Rivet

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:05

i think the issue here is the fact that the planes fly different in sp than in mp. so, regardless of how many sp hours you do (like i did at first) you go into mp and you're flying a different animal entirely, even if u practice with same plane, same settings on as server, etc.

Now that's something I never realized. So, if I have a joystick profile (curves) set up for a certain plane in single player, I'm going to have to make a whole new one to get the same flight characteristics in multi-player? That would seem to make sense if this is correct.

but mp games is where all the learning for this game happens for mp flying. catch 22. :)

Yes indeedy 8-)

#99 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 28 May 2010 - 17:48

No, you should be OK with the same setups for SP and MP play.

It's not so black and white as redmaniac alludes to, the planes are not that much different, but you tend to fly them (or demand more from them) when online.

I fly the Pf.DXII a lot in SP, it's great, lovely visibility, and with the "dodgy" updated engine it's fast now too, but I have yet to get into a death-spin in the plane during SP for a good few months now, taking the DXII up online is another matter and it seems a lot easier to get into spins, harder to get out of them too.

Probably simply due to me trying to get more out of the plane in the MP environment whereas against the AI I don't feel the need to "push" it so much.

#100 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:51

Well perhaps I'm starting to get the hang of it. I had fun tonight in the Se5a (dang it, she is so gorgeous … why, if she was a woman …. :oops: ) but this time I did not enter into any stupid turn fights but dove down, sprayed, and climbed up out of trouble with those beautiful wings of lift :). I got into a couple of turn fights with D7's and Alb's but I surprised myself by getting away by spiral climbing with just enough turn to put their aim off as I gained height over them without actually out turning them. Or else they got bored chasing me and broke off :lol: But either way I survived for a change. My stats show 3 kills with this pilot. But I think at least one was dodgy cause the guy exited and I was given the kill ?

Toward the end my motor started losing revs so I headed back to my airfield and flew low over a N28 (I think) about to take off. I did a go around, allowing the noop to get airborne and landed successfully by steering between two trees (had no choice, airfield very short). I taxied out of the forest and bumped along back to the hangers. I was just thinking of ending the mission and getting a new kite when on a whim I took off thinking the motor was now sounding alright. However, as soon as I got into the air the revs died to a whimper and I went around again planning to land. Suddenly, a hun appeared on my tail and without power to fight I made a hurried landing on the side of a nearby hill (couldn't make the airfield) and turned her over breaking her beautiful wings :cry: The hun continued to shoot at me but he probably didn't know my motor was crook when he first engaged.

All in all good fun. Chatted to a couple of guys who were very friendly and helpful when there was only 3 or 4 of us on the server. It was also very satisfying to see the Allied pilots ganging up on the Germans in a later session with 12 or so people. It was great to see those Albies and Fokkers go down. But Jesus ! Some of those guys can fight :shock:

#101 Ighten

Ighten

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:00

Yes Im slowly learning to keep that SE5 up and then just dive in and release a small salvo before climbing out to safety again.. Cant say Im hitting much more, I either seem to be too fast and she gets all jittery on me as I try to turn onto the target, or too slow and the guns seem to shake her to pieces, but at least Im living longer than 2 minutes..

#102 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:32

BnZ is more of a patience game. Its alot harder with enemy icons on though. Slashing attacks are harder but also effective.

#103 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 31 May 2010 - 19:46

I have a request for whoever is running the newbie server. Please turn off the Focker DVIIf. This request comes from someone who has most of his online kills using that same plane. The problem with it is it is too easy to fly for us newbies compared to all of the other planes.

Note, I am not saying this plane isn't historically accurate. From what I have read the DVII was a very easy plane to learn to fly and master and that gave the Germans a real advantage. The only thing that evened out the skies over France was the Entnte numerical superiority. I can't think of a way to set that up in game so the only way I can see to even things out would be to remove the DVII.

#104 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 31 May 2010 - 20:44

I would agree, when I fly the central side I exclusivly fly the Alb D3. I somehow feel dirty inside flying the 7F.

#105 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:14

Right. I'm switching to central and the D7F then. I'm sick of being shot down by the uber mother fokkers :x

#106 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:05

I think one of the problems with the newbie server is a massive clamour for central planes (German) because on the current settings they are so easy to fly, Entente (British) planes suffer so much with spins when you get in a turn fight and are difficult to fly but have the advantage of speed so zoom and boom is the only option.

it might help if in the options enemy icons are turned off this would even things out a little and get the newbie to scan the skies a little more than rely on icons.

I would advise those newbie pilots to change sides after each round, or you will find you will limit your choices when joining the big boy servers, and believe me those guys can handle Entente planes, so you need to learn what your opponents planes are capable of, when I was in the other night a Entente complained they were hopelessly out numbered by Central and asked some to change sides to even it out, one newbie said I can only fly German, when asked why there was no reply, I can only assume they thought Entente planes to hard, and they were getting plenty of kills with Central, so why fix what ain't broken.

The thing is eventually you will have no opponents as Entente will be so badly supported the server will not be a viable proposition and newbies will end up in the more advanced servers with all there bad habits (shooting planes before they take off and more) and face a ban wondering why.

Maybe the experienced pilots should drop in and show the newbies what the SE5a and Spad can really do ;) I had loads of fun leading the newbies a merry dance in the spad low flying through tree openings and towns and streets never shot down one of them but 3 crashed trying to follow me :lol:

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#107 hq_Conga

hq_Conga

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:22

i totally agree with Nooney. I do believe that removing D.VIIF and D.VIII would keep the server balance.

I am a Central pilot, yet on this server i fly Entente most of the time cause i find Allies outnumbered every time i log.

German planes are much more forgiving in the hands of a newbie and i find that many entente new pilots feel frustrated and could switch to CP and stick on german planes in order to have some fun/satisfaction, this further worsening the faction balance on this and other servers.

I'd also suggest to raise the number of available SE5a and Spad 13 to reflect historical numerical advantage of the Allies over the Germans and balance the effective flying planeset.

In addition i'd add the N.17 in the Allied hangars, some t'n'b may be fun and resolutive especially at low alt against the albatros, especially (as it often occurs) while camping allied bases :)

Thank you for hosting a Newbie Server, this is a great opportunity for all the MP newcomers to enjoy multiplayer and getting used MP situational awareness wich is so different from ther SP one.

I often play on this server cause it has no stutters or lag for me (livin in EU) and runs very smooth at full settings.

Thank You

S!

#108 slyfutret

slyfutret

Posted 01 June 2010 - 22:20

Following on from Nooney (a top pilot who has indeed led me a merry dance a few times on that server :oops: ) and Karl_Conga's comments, as an entente pilot I would personally like to see more SE5's in place of the Nieuport 28's that I rarely see anyone flying on the server.

I pick the 28 as an absolute last resort as, while I'm sure an old hand would be able to master its quirky handling, to newbies like myself it just makes the chances of gaining in confidence more difficult as the thing feels like a death trap you end up fighting the controls as much as the enemy.

Also, Karl's Nieuport 17 idea gets my vote both for the Turn and Burn factor as well as the fact that, undergunned as it is, its still a far safer mount than its big brother, in my humble opinion.

Other than that, the server is an absolute treasure, many thanks for setting it up and long may it continue. I've had this sim for some time but the multiplayer aspect has always been a bit daunting so the server is just what multiplayer newbies like myself are looking for as a forgiving introduction.

If you're a singleplayer only pilot considering multiplayer please do give it a try, i've had my most enjoyable flights to date on the server and I'm really glad I gave it a shot (even with the 28's, :lol: ).

Plus, as I intend to be flying mainly entente, even if everyone else does go Central you'll still have me to shoot down a thousand times :lol:

#109 =FB=VikS

=FB=VikS
  • Developer

Posted 01 June 2010 - 22:37

SERVER WILL BE DOWN JUNE 2nd from 19:00 GMT till 21:00 GMT
Sorry for inconvenience

#110 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:53

Following on from Nooney (a top pilot who has indeed led me a merry dance a few times on that server :oops: ) and Karl_Conga's comments, as an entente pilot I would personally like to see more SE5's in place of the Nieuport 28's that I rarely see anyone flying on the server.
Looks like VIKS is up to something with the server, Slyfurt has the right attitude and S! to you, I was on last night and felt so sorry for the newbies who had chose Entente, some very very experienced pilots were in there who had been dogfighting in another server with me and Wolf13 not 20 Min's previous and doing very well, then low and behold there they are in newbie server flying central shooting newbies down by the score, I told them that they should be ashamed of themselves and they exited, but never came back as Entente :evil: yes I go on as central sometimes but I don't shoot newbies down, I get on there 6 and fire a volley over there heads then get them to chase great experience for them they get me in the end I don't let the newbie shoot me down on purpose so hats off to the ones who do get me, so what do I get out of it? new friends, more people to MP, an increase in more people to a great Sim, increasing my skills of evasive moves, and the fun of knowing the newbies are close to divorce too because of the hours spent on this drug called ROF :lol:

Oh p.s. Slyfutret don't under estimate the N28 when the action is low level its the best in turn fights, just keep your speed up, it will come into its own when the central clamour glamour gang are sorted out ;)

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#111 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 02 June 2010 - 17:37

Newbie server is GREAT for getting up to speed on situational awareness for sure, especially if, like me, you can fly these birds OK, it's avoiding getting shot down that you have problems with.

#112 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 02 June 2010 - 18:20

I love the newbie server, everyone seems genuinly(sp?) out to have fun. Just have to watch getting straffed on the ground, other then that its good honest fun. I immagine getting straffed on the ground happend in real life so I am not too worked up :D.

#113 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 02 June 2010 - 18:58

Getting straffed on the ground in capture the flag mode seems perfectly ok to me (except whenit's happening to me of course!) I mean the enemy is attacking your airfield, what would you expect. On TDM I always let the other guy get off the ground and up a bit but not in CTF.

#114 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 04 June 2010 - 13:34

Sometimes I think it´s not a Newbie server, but a "relaxing" server.
I saw people out of the top 30 on the leaderbord playing there because it is the only populated server. :?

#115 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 04 June 2010 - 13:41

I find it fun when I stop in, especially lending a hand or some helpfull advice. Even though I personally have no room to give combat advice haha.

For the most part I have not ran into anyone even in the top 30 who is there it seems to beat up on people. I mean it could be that subconciously they are there to get a little ego stroking by burning new people but I like to think everyone is there to have fun. If any new people want to shoot at me let me know and we can find ourselves a quiet section of the map and have some fun.

#116 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 04 June 2010 - 14:17

I have no problem with old hand sstopping in to the newbie server if they are flying for the Entente to even up the sides! I have been taught a few lessons and I believe I have been lead on some great chases by those guys! I try to fly both sides and if it is stacked for the Entente I will always join their side and fly a plane or two into the ground for England or France! But if i see a few names that I know are not newbie flying for them I gladly get into my Focker or Alby and try to seek them out. I try to learn something every time! I'm pretty sure it was Jay who demonstrated BnZ tactics on my ass :oops: I then switched sides and got my first BnZ kill, much more satisfying than the garden variety kill I get in a D7f.

Now when I see the server stacked 2 to 1 for the CP and some old hands flying for the cross I think WTF :?: Often I'll just log out.

#117 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 04 June 2010 - 16:31

In all fairness, when I was playing there was a display bug where you couldnt tell who was on what side. Even logging in no sides were displayed on the population screen. I was asking all the time during the match I was in for a show of hands on who was what. Know how many responses I got, 3 out of 20 people responded.

#118 =MR.FOX=

=MR.FOX=

Posted 04 June 2010 - 17:15

I had avoided the newbie server since it went live (the name just sounded like trouble). but after some reviews I decided to give it a shot, since no other server had players on last night. I must say, it was no fun at all. teams un-even like ive never seen, 4-5 fokker/dr1 against 1 allied. shoulder shooting like crazy, having to dive away because tracers are flying over my head to the enemy in front of me. also had friendlies crash into me about 4 times (due to shoulder shooting). I couldn't stand the gauges or icons, but I took those off easy enough. just not the server for me I guess. but some are having a blast, so by all means enjoy.

#119 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 04 June 2010 - 17:17

Excuse my ignorance but, "shoulder sooting"? Explain please

#120 =MR.FOX=

=MR.FOX=

Posted 04 June 2010 - 17:21

Excuse my ignorance but, "shoulder sooting"? Explain please

that is when you are shooting someone, and someone ( from your team ) comes in behind you ( on your shoulder ) and begins to shoot, forcing you to get out of the way or be shot my him also. usually ends bad. with a crash or friendly getting shot. and enemy looks down at the two falling planes laughing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users