Photo
- - - - -

Syndicate TDM server Featuring Historical Mission

• Please log in to reply
714 replies to this topic

#41 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 14 May 2010 - 14:00

maybe you would be interested in this mission? http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=9758

If you would like anything about it changed to suit your needs exactly, let me know

We'd love to host it! Thanks Chill31 :)

I will try to get this put on the rotation today!

#42 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 14 May 2010 - 14:08

Thanks bliss and SYN members, and Vanderstok of course!

Ming

Thanks Ming! The best recognition is that you (as opposed to many) actually spelled my name right! It's Vanderstok , not Vanderstock. Not my real name of course, but stolen from a Dutch WW2 fighter pilot: Bram van der Stok http://en.wikipedia....am_van_der_Stok">http://en.wikipedia....am_van_der_Stok

#43 Wandalen

Wandalen

Posted 14 May 2010 - 14:26

feel free to hop on our public ventrilo chat server at syndicate.vent.nfoservers.com:11310 (Be warned we drink whiskey and cuss strange perversions at each other constantly. Not to mention we are all insane :D )

Salute!

Sounds like a perfect match for me.. ill be there soon (again)

Realy enjoy your server with its good balance and settings!

Keep up the good work ! Cya soon in the viritual skies of ww1

~S~
Wandalen

#44 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 14 May 2010 - 14:40

Hi Wandalen! Thanks for the kind words.

I will enjoy our conversations in ventrilo again :)

///

Chill31 - Your mission is now up and in the rotation on the server. I'm gonna give it a whirl right now :D

#45 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 14 May 2010 - 14:44

Wow! Thanks for all the kind words fellas. We really want to make this as fun as possible for everyone :D

You can find more about us here: http://riseofflight....=110177#p110177">viewtopic.php?f=131&t=9845&p=110177#p110177

We hope to see everyone on coms in the server. Feel free to hop on our ventrilo :)

#46 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 14 May 2010 - 15:31

Yep, it ran very well. Hope to see much more of this!

Oh, and I've uploaded another mission: Douai, March 1918.

I found the Jasta's in the area at March 12th, 1918 but I don;t know which RFC squadron were facing them. Anyone? I think 3 sqn was there at least.

Thanks so much Vanderstok! Map has been added to the rotation :)

#47 Wafflz

Wafflz

Posted 14 May 2010 - 16:26

Teamspeak?!? We should be waving our arms around and waggling our wings :D

Great server, I enjoyed playing on it last night. Reminds of the old Warclouds servers on IL-2 which were my favorites back when I played that online.

#48 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 14 May 2010 - 18:07

Ha!
I was just lining up a bomb run on an airfield when an EA spawned right in front of me (I think it was Readyman). The urge to drop a stick of bombs on him was almost irresistable but I could see that he was still eating his breakfast (bacon and eggs I think!). I circled away in an act of unbridled chivalry and the blighter took off and shot me down.

S!

Unsporting Cad :x ! Obviously doesn't play cricket then :? Sounds like fun :)
Get on and give it a go - it's a good relaxed atmosphere - until some bounder shoots you down.
S!

Yeah, sorry about that piggy :)
But as I recall, you put a bullet so close to my right ear, that I jumped out of my seat. It was so real, so close, and so unexpected. Very startling. One inch to the left would have cleared my sinuses…
In my discombobulated state I flailed around this way and that firing. Somehow you must have gotten in the way!

#49 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 14 May 2010 - 18:15

Ha!
I was just lining up a bomb run on an airfield when an EA spawned right in front of me (I think it was Readyman). The urge to drop a stick of bombs on him was almost irresistable but I could see that he was still eating his breakfast (bacon and eggs I think!). I circled away in an act of unbridled chivalry and the blighter took off and shot me down.

S!

Unsporting Cad :x ! Obviously doesn't play cricket then :? Sounds like fun :)
Get on and give it a go - it's a good relaxed atmosphere - until some bounder shoots you down.
S!

Yeah, sorry about that piggy :)
But as I recall, you put a bullet so close to my right ear, that I jumped out of my seat. It was so real, so close, and so unexpected. Very startling. One inch to the left would have cleared my sinuses…
In my discombobulated state I flailed around this way and that firing. Somehow you must have gotten in the way!
:lol: I'd forgotten that!.. I didn't mean to blacken your character old chap. It was great fun!
S!

#50 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 14 May 2010 - 19:06

///

Chill31 - Your mission is now up and in the rotation on the server. I'm gonna give it a whirl right now :D

hey Bliss. Isnt new team speak a better tool for team chat?

#51 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 14 May 2010 - 21:10

///

hey Bliss. Isnt new team speak a better tool for team chat?

Tvrdi - It could be. I have yet to try the TS3. We have always liked the features and voice quality of ventrilo. You should get it and come join us :)

#52 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 14 May 2010 - 22:16

Gents, thank you very much for fantastic server with such potential. And also for hosting such awesome, community made missions! S!

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy
http://1pl.boo.pl

#53 SYN_Ricky

SYN_Ricky

Posted 14 May 2010 - 22:19

Just flew a couple of hours on this server tonight and really had a great time !!

Managed somehow to shoot down two Pfalz in the winter mission above the lake, then on the next one I had a really long running fight with =IRFC=Tvrdi (who had shot me down just earlier), he in Dr.I and me in a Spad, I sweated a lot on that one…absolutely great fun !

Game ran flawlessly for me, no lag or warping 8-)

#54 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 14 May 2010 - 22:30

Just flew a couple of hours on this server tonight and really had a great time !!

Managed somehow to shoot down two Pfalz in the winter mission above the lake, then on the next one I had a really long running fight with =IRFC=Tvrdi (who had shot me down just earlier), he in Dr.I and me in a Spad, I sweated a lot on that one…absolutely great fun !

Ricky your tactic was brilliant…barely could catch up with you! Our fight was really long. Enjoyed every second. BTW I shot you down earlier just because you was still climbing after takeof and I had an alttitude advantage.
This server rocks. Full real, bad weather, limited visibility, real dogfights (stalks, high alt dogfights, tactics etc.)…This is what I waited….This is where ROF shines…

#55 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 14 May 2010 - 22:51

Ricky your tactic was brilliant…barely could catch up with you! Our fight was really long. Enjoyed every second. BTW I shot you down earlier just because you was still climbing after takeof and I had an alttitude advantage.
This server rocks. Full real, bad weather, limited visibility, real dogfights (stalks, high alt dogfights, tactics etc.)…This is what I waited….This is where ROF shines…

+1
EDIT: ended up with a pre-arranged dogfight over Verdun. I was seperated from my brains on the first pass!
S!

#56 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:08

SYN Bliss,

What did you think of the mission? Did you find anything you would like changed?

The first 10 minutes after the mission starts is kind of slow, but after that it seems to be quite fun. I have an updated version I will post tonight.

#57 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:53

It was GREAT fun!
Hope to see you on again. :D

#58 =IRFC=AirBiscuit

=IRFC=AirBiscuit
  • LocationNaples, FL USA

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:56

Note: we are an adult clan and you will get to hear adult language at times, so keep those little ones ears covered!

Swearing too?! That's like my 2nd favorite sport. I'm in LOVE with this server!

=IRFC=Air Biscuit

http://quetoo.org

#59 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:24

Had another good session tonight on the Verdun map, probably my favorite of the maps/setups I've seen so far.

#60 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:27

It was fun. When we tried to wing up, Jay, I was immediately engaged by two DVa's while you were fighting another bandit. I had to extend out quite a ways to get the separation necessary for a spiral climb.

#61 =IRFC=AirBiscuit

=IRFC=AirBiscuit
  • LocationNaples, FL USA

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:37

Yea, good times. Actually my favorite part of tonight's flying was the mock dogfight we did, SPAD vs SE5a. A lovely turning dance from 2km all the way down to 0m.

I got a couple kills, but they were an Albatros and Pfalz, both of which take an enormous amount of punishment to bring down. By the time they're all battered and bruised, I'm bored – I wish they'd just break apart already :lol:

=IRFC=Air Biscuit

#62 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:53

Bliss

Here are a couple of new versions.

Changes include more frequent AI recon planes, different weather sets, and a new historical plane set.

Attached Files

#63 Dietger

Dietger

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:34

A great server indeed!

Now RoF comes to shine there for once with lots of great moments, you fly "finger on the map",
swivelling all a round the "clock" on the way over the front!
Thats the server for me, Thank you for the efforts,
I love the maps! Lots of nice fellows to meet and fight with.
If you never made it into MP so far, I recommend: start on this server, you'll not regret it.
Very immersive. Dog fights are much different from CTF, higher up( if you wish), much more thinking and planing a head and lots of surprises too!
RoF comes to live here.

Dietger

#64 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:39

can we merge this topic with other one about the same server?

#65 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:18

can we merge this topic with other one about the same server?

Done

#66 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:40

If you never made it into MP so far, I recommend: start on this server, you'll not regret it.

Actually, if someone is new to online air combat, they might find the server settings a little harsh. No gps on the map, no icons, no externals, etc.

#67 =IRFC=AirBiscuit

=IRFC=AirBiscuit
  • LocationNaples, FL USA

Posted 15 May 2010 - 13:49

Yea. I would suggest that they start on a server with some helpers to get their bearings, and then migrate over to this place once they know what they're doing. There were actually a few newbies on last night who were completely lost and did not have a good time.

=IRFC=Air Biscuit

#68 Laser

Laser

Posted 15 May 2010 - 13:56

Perhaps the single helper needed on a 'warming' server would be to show on the map where each plane is. This is also useful when you have limited time, say you hop in a server for a quick 5-15-30 minutes round.

While this is making possible for everyone to gather in the same point where action is, new players still need to decipher friend from foe from plane silhouettes, still need to climb if they want to destroy the 2-seaters, still need to look at the map and compare it a little with their current in-game situation. And also screenshots containing the map showing the planes look cool :P

#69 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 15 May 2010 - 18:19

A little ventrilo help pls.

I entered syndicate.vent.nfoservers.com:11310 as the host name but it wouldn't recognize it.

I must be doing it wrong. I haven't used Ventrilo in awhile.

How should I be entering the Host Name?

Thanks,

HT

#70 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 15 May 2010 - 18:37

A little ventrilo help pls.

I entered syndicate.vent.nfoservers.com:11310 as the host name but it wouldn't recognize it.

I must be doing it wrong. I haven't used Ventrilo in awhile.

How should I be entering the Host Name?

Thanks,

HT

HotTom - Sounds like you almost have it right. There's 3 steps you have to do to connect:

1.) Create the name of the server, ie: "Syndicate"
2.) Enter the IP of the server: "syndicate.vent.nfoservers.com"
3.) Right below the IP you have to enter the port number - "11310"

And then the connect button should be visable. Once inside you need to go to setup and configure your outbound/inbound communication by setting your brand of mic through the drop down (if usb) and, if you have a sound card, you sound properties/system etc.

Hope this helps :)

#71 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 16 May 2010 - 17:32

Got it! Thanks!

HT

#72 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 16 May 2010 - 18:04

Gents,

Nashash was kind enough to make a video of dogfighting in our server. This is on one of our small, quick action maps.. And, yes, It's snowing like crazy :)

enjoy!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6MeLtQP3rN0">

#73 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 16 May 2010 - 21:17

was very lagy tonite….I got one master server discon. (error 10009). It seams something is not right with master server (again).

#74 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 16 May 2010 - 22:56

Not had a single 10009 myself tonight, and I've been on from around 7pm to 11pm UK.

Until we know what end has the problem (the client or the master server) there is little we can do about it.

Spent some time early this evening in SYN server and saw no lag or warping whilst waiting for the other hellequins to arrive. Had a ping of 140 to the SYN box from here, what was yours Tvrdi?

#75 RAF74_Raptor

RAF74_Raptor

Posted 16 May 2010 - 23:16

Great Server Fellas I got my Second Online Kill inside. Good Deal

#76 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 16 May 2010 - 23:54

IF you get 10009 while playing my mission, it is probably do almost entirely to the size of the mission. I am working to cut it in half to preserve resources and reduce 10009 errors….

#77 Kwiatek

Kwiatek

Posted 17 May 2010 - 00:03

These night server was laggy like the hell. Even AI bombers were laggy.

In the eveninig was better - no lags ( at lake map) but then it was horrible. I saw some other people also have the same lags. My mates have it also. So it looks that patch doesnt fix laggy servers completly :(

#78 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 17 May 2010 - 00:07

The ROF master server was down earlier today in the AM, for about an hour or so. It slowly picked back up and seemed fine in the pm for me. As I was hearing a few complaints about lag in the server (even though there was 6-8 of us on vent with none), I did some research and it appears on the very large intense maps the cpu's are going crazy trying to keep up with all the action and are at 100% load. At the same time, I did a speedtest on the server (had almost 30 players in) and you can see it's not a bandwidth problem. I'm gonna try keeping the smaller maps on for the time being and see if that's the case. I would like to see the server with 30 or so people to test for lag on a smaller map. Maybe a dumb question, but does this game support quadcore/dual core cpu's, or does it only use one?

Here's the bandwidth speedtest with 28 players on the server. As most of you know, upload speed is what is important when hosting. Don't know why the download speed showed so low, but it's not really used anyways.

#79 SYN_Per

SYN_Per

Posted 17 May 2010 - 00:10

I only had one 10009 error and no major lag issues. Keep up the good work Bliss! :D

#80 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 17 May 2010 - 00:22

I grabbed and ran Chill's mega-mission on Hussars (the one with three flags in NML), the same mission I joined at around 7pm UK time on SYN server, and that mission took our CPU load up to 52% on Hussars with nobody in it at all.

I have been experimenting since 1.012 arrived with the DF mode for the dserver. It does use all available cores, I called up taskmanager when RDP'ed into the dedi-box to make sure.

With the TDM missions Matt has created I can even lock dserver down to a single core with little apparent cost to the gameplay with 24 slots open. There were a couple of guys mentioning lag, but the vast majority were having no problems. Still testing what we can get away with when the RoF server is running so I don't compromise the various other gamservers that live alongside it on the dedi-box.

Matt's missions hardly add to CPU load as dserver sits at around 22% to 24% in idle and 25% running the missions with players onboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users