- - - - -

Syndicate TDM server Featuring Historical Mission

• Please log in to reply
714 replies to this topic

#681 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 09 January 2011 - 14:38

matt

Go ahead and pull up the one I sent you as to why I changed the planesets. And it's funny how you claim to know who wins maps on a server you don't frequent. Just FYI with the N28 the allies still win easily 90 percent of the time on the map where you claim to think differently. And you better check your F claim as well. Entente still wins that the majority of the time. I fly the SE5 on that mission every chance I get. I especially like the claim about mission building and not knowing how to delete a plane. I've made several missions that are very complex and running on the server.

So yeah, 99% of everything you've said is just plain ill informed and wrong. Do I really need to post the server logs? Hate to break it to you, but I know more about my own server than you do.

#682 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 09 January 2011 - 14:52

Well now that one is resolved :lol: - On the subject of planesets, the RAF74 Lille bombing HP mission - unlimited camels but the D7f and Dr1 are limited. I only wanted to do some SE5 flying but 15 allies vs 7 Central because of so many camels.

Any chance of limit camels to 3 to match the D7f and Dr1 numbers? I know it's historical to have that many camels and not many Dr1 but there were better D7 around and anyway for balance to prevent everyone jumping in allied.

#683 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 09 January 2011 - 16:22

The Camel was numerous, it's true, but there's nothing historical about a Camel that can run down every CP aircraft before the D.VIIF and D.XII. For that reason, the "it's historical" argument is moot when it comes to loading a mission with lots of Camels.

#684 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:15

If you think the stutters are caused by adding 12 AAA trucks then you are dellusional.

If you had any experience running dserver you would realize this instead of looking like every other uninformed flyer.

No offense but making 2 airfields around a town with to fight at isn't exactly difficult. You act as though you've painted the Mona Lisa.

You guys are soo wrong about 99% of what you said, you're not even worth responding to. Grab a tissue next time.

Wow, I am just humbled by your diplomatic approach here. Once again, you prove what a total asshole you are.

I know you think you have your finger placed squarely on the pulse of the RoF flight community; hell, you even stated in a PM to me "I think most people in rof mp have never played obj based missions. I never said everyone and considering the only sims I know with a thriving mp community is il2 and aces high, I'd say I'd have a good grasp on who has that background." I hate to tell you, when it comes to your claims of knowing who is who in this community (and therefore who is beneath you) you really don't know jack shit.

You really need to drop the high and mighty approach; you are not better or more knowledgeable than any one else in this community. The missions on Syndicate are not so sublimely perfect that they are above reproach. And you certainly aren't the only person in the community with the ability to use the ME.

So please stop with the elitist bullshit and try and treat others in the community with a little respect.

#685 SYN_Per

SYN_Per

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:36

I think all of you need to calm down. I have no knowledge of what has passed between you other than what I´ve read here, but I can see no reason for all this crap you´re throwing at each other, and absolutely no reason at all for Sensenmanns last post…
A bit high strung all of it I think. Shouldn´t you guys get on Vent and try to sort this out? I mean, you all do great work for the community and we do not need fall- outs like this. It´s just sad really.
(But I must say I really think it´s impossible to demand respect from someone and call that same person an asshole in the same piece of text…)
So, please try and sort this. I know Bliss as a decent man with a great respect and interest in the RoF community. And he is a squadie… ;-)

#686 MattM

MattM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:41

There's nothing to discuss.

I asked him to stop changing my missions and he says he plans to keep doing that, so i can't see him being a respectful person.

Drop my missions from your server list and i'm done with this. He always says that he wants to get rid of "airquake" missions anyway, so i don't see him having a problem with that.

I never had a problem with Bliss before his answer to the post i made yesterday. I certainly don't have a problem with any other Syndicate member and i don't intend to change that. I respect that you're running a good server, but i ask for a little respect for mission creators aswell and so far, i'm not getting any respect from Bliss, quite the contrary.

#687 SYN_Per

SYN_Per

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:52

Fair enough I guess.

#688 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:57

It's very simple. Matt made those missions and if he does not want you to change them, or at least wants to be told of it when you do change them, it's your duty to do so. Either that or don't use his missions.

It's shameful to see you use your monopoly position as a person running the biggest server in ROF to be an asshole to people. Because you are.

Those missions are presented as Hellequin missions made by Matt, whether they are running on our server, your server or anyone elses. If you change them to have different planesets or ground objects without letting Matt or anyone else know, Matt will be accounted for it if they don't work.

And so far this has happened with people complaining about stutters as well as planesets, even by the original author of the missions for pete's sake.

This has nothing to do with us disliking you or disliking Syndicate (we don't, we're very happy it exists) or about us stirring up trouble. It's a simple request and you not only ignore it, you're being an utter asshole in the process of it.

Please start taking your responsibility as a community member in a small community, where the only way to keep our heads above the water is to work together and respect eachothers opinions and wishes.

Matt never said his missions are set in stone. If you think they'd work better with a different planeset or other changes made to them, you would have only had to contact him to work it out. By the looks of it, it's too late for that now, though, unless Matt changes his mind. But if you keep going like that I doubt he will.

#689 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 09 January 2011 - 18:07

*pops head in*

Maybe missions should go through an approval process just like skins before they can be used in Mods Off?

No more tinkering unless the author chooses to change it.

*ducks and runs away, waffle in hand*

J5_Hellbender

#690 SYN_Per

SYN_Per

Posted 09 January 2011 - 18:07

I thought you were happy with the solution of Bliss removing the missions? I guess that´s ok, isn´t it?
If there is something else you need to discuss, I still recommend you take it to Vent and have a discussion like the mature men you all are.

#691 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 09 January 2011 - 18:16

hq Squad…you obviously have a major gripe with our server and our personnel. I suggest you find an alternative arena to continue flying in the way you seem to bettter enjoy. First opportunity I get to pass on your request to remove your missions then they will be deleted if they arent already.

I dont expect to see you anytime soon.

S! SYN_Jedders

#692 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 09 January 2011 - 18:28

I thought you were happy with the solution of Bliss removing the missions? I guess that´s ok, isn´t it?
If there is something else you need to discuss, I still recommend you take it to Vent and have a discussion like the mature men you all are.

Of course I'm not happy, Per. I don't think this is the way to deal with eachother in any situation, let alone such a tight community. So I can't hold myself from showing my disappointment.

If one of our mission makers shows offense in a simple request not being followed ends up in such a shit flinging contest, with even the whole squadron being barred from the server, that's just a simple act of abusing your power to undermine the whole of the Rise of Flight community.

We're all trying to achieve the same, and that is making ROF stay for a very long time and the online environment of ROF a positive and inviting place to be. A whole lot of effort and money from a lot of people on all sides goes into this. It's a shame to see you guys putting a line through that.

PM is not the place for this, by the way, it involves (it does now) more than just two people.

edit: just to say, that this unfortunate event will have its rotten resonance in many good things and will disable a lot of community efforts.

We don't need to be barred to decide not to fly on Syndicate for now so don't worry about that, let's leave it out of the equation.

#693 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 09 January 2011 - 18:30

Wow. :(

#694 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 09 January 2011 - 18:35

hq Squad…you obviously have a major gripe with our server and our personnel. I suggest you find an alternative arena to continue flying in the way you seem to bettter enjoy. First opportunity I get to pass on your request to remove your missions then they will be deleted if they arent already.

I dont expect to see you anytime soon.

S! SYN_Jedders

A major gripe with your server and personnel?! Seriously? I suggest you stop and think for a second there… :roll: That's why I and many other hqs play there when I have a little time, sure…Don't inflate it like a Michelin puppet. "the evil hq squad is being mean with the poor SYN guys"

Matt merely requested Bliss not to modify his missions without his approval (a fair request IMO), and in response Bliss acted like a total douche. If the above is your response to all this…so be it.

#695 MattM

MattM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 18:54

He didn't say that he would do that. A simple "yes i will do that asap" would've sufficed. Or alternatively a "i will stop modifying your missions and contact you when i think something needs to be changed".

hq Squad…you obviously have a major gripe with our server and our personnel.
You are seriously blowing this out of proportion, but i accept your request.

#696 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 09 January 2011 - 19:14

WTF?

I go out for a few days visiting friends for my wife's and my friends birthday and come back to this.

You're saying hq is banned from Syn now?

As Eddie says "Way to go!"

#697 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 09 January 2011 - 20:03

If you think the stutters are caused by adding 12 AAA trucks then you are dellusional.

If you had any experience running dserver you would realize this instead of looking like every other uninformed flyer.

No offense but making 2 airfields around a town with to fight at isn't exactly difficult. You act as though you've painted the Mona Lisa.

You guys are soo wrong about 99% of what you said, you're not even worth responding to. Grab a tissue next time.

Wow, I am just humbled by your diplomatic approach here. Once again, you prove what a total asshole you are.

I know you think you have your finger placed squarely on the pulse of the RoF flight community; hell, you even stated in a PM to me "I think most people in rof mp have never played obj based missions. I never said everyone and considering the only sims I know with a thriving mp community is il2 and aces high, I'd say I'd have a good grasp on who has that background." I hate to tell you, when it comes to your claims of knowing who is who in this community (and therefore who is beneath you) you really don't know jack shit.

You really need to drop the high and mighty approach; you are not better or more knowledgeable than any one else in this community. The missions on Syndicate are not so sublimely perfect that they are above reproach. And you certainly aren't the only person in the community with the ability to use the ME.

So please stop with the elitist bullshit and try and treat others in the community with a little respect.

Perhaps you need to read the 1st paragraph that started this crap from your own squad mate and tell me how respectful that was. As I've already stated, I PM'd matt about changing the planesets and why I did so along time ago. You can think I'm an asshole all you want, but that still doesn't change the fact that every single thing I said in response to all the gripes and BS that your squadmates posted about was correct which makes imp and matt wrong in their assumptions. And calling me names and putting words in my mouth really shows your own great level of maturity. The only elitist crap I see here is you and your squadmates being complete jackass's to someone that's spent countless hours and money trying to make a nice MP experience for the ROF community.

I'll gladly take your missions off. Good riddance to a bunch of children.

#698 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 09 January 2011 - 20:46

To start off, I personally have no issues with the Syndicate squadron, nor do I take issue with the server you run. In fact, on the contrary I have (as have others in my squad) repeatedly stated that I have a great deal of respect for your squad and for putting up the server. Having considered the cost and requirements of running a dedicated server in the past, I know very well the kind of commitment you are making.

That said, the only issue I have is in particular with the way Bliss conducts himself on these forums. The original issue with Bliss and myself originated with an issue where Winger and I were commenting on a particular mission, in which we both offered up alternative suggestions. Identifying a potential problem and offering up a possible solution; also know as constructive criticism. The result of this was Bliss claiming we had nothing constructive to offer, don't know what we are talking about, and clearly if we have an issue with a mission it is because we don't know what we are doing. In an effort to avoid a public debacle I moved that conversation to PM, but to no avail as talking to Bliss is like trying to have a conversation with a know-it-all teenager who cannot see anything beyond his limited perspective.

The current issue has to do with my squad mate Matt making a request concerning his missions (contact him regarding any changes or remove them otherwise). A simple request, but instead of a civil response we get another rash of insults and elitism from Bliss. Being tired of his rude behavior I decided it was time to call him out on it.

Again, I have nothing but respect for the greater part of the Syndicate squadron. However, I feel Bliss is a very poor representative of your squad. His borderline sociopathic behavior does not reflect well on the way the rest of the Syndicate members interact with the community.

So it is up to you whether you wish to hold this hq ban on your server or not. Seems a little rash when the real issue is not a squadron thing but a personal one. I would that there were a better way to resolve this issue but so long as Bliss' egocentric, pretentiousness continues to get in the way of any meaningful conversation, I see little hope of making any real concessions.

I currently do not have Ventrillo installed, but if it is the only way in which we can potentially discuss this in a civilized manner, so be it. I will install it and we shall set up a time where myself (and potentially a few other members of Les Hellequins) can get together and hopefully come to some sort of agreement. Please PM me with the details, and I will arrange things on my end.

#699 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 09 January 2011 - 21:03

One general question from a mission creator:

Why do you change other peoples missions?

Yesterday, Tvrdi complained about performance issues on the autumn 1918 b6 mission i created a while ago. I told him that i optimized the mission myself, so that this should not be my fault and i guess it was because of the weather setting i used.

Now i opened that mission and noticed that someone (Bliss? Vander?) added 12 AAA trucks to the airfields.

I told Bliss last time (after noticing that he changed the planesets in those missions without contacting me), that i would prefer it, if he would let me know if he thinks something needs to be changed. By then these trucks were not there.

Now someone again changed my missions.

I honestly don't get why you keep doing that. You know who made the mission (it's in the "author" box when you open the mission, it also has the "hq" in the name), why do you deliberately change other peoples work?

I request now, that you stop doing that please, because the outcome is pretty obvious. In this case you raised the unit count to a level which causes stutters and then i have to read that "the hq missions cause suttters" or something like that, which is obviously not my fault.

So i again ask you to contact me personally (either here on the forum in the release thread, via PM or over at the hellequin forum) and stop changing any of my missions.

Thank you very much.

Regards
Matt

Matt, we concluded performance issues are connected with overcast/poor weather…missions wiht clear weather were OK…..it seams that some of us (probably guys without latest GPUs) have fps drop in missions with overcast/average/poor weather….only then…missions with clear weather are OK….dunno how much AA trucks are allowed per missions and how that relates to stutters (which I didnt have)….probably there is a limit Im sure Bliss is aware of….

guys, Im sorry the whole thing "started" from me (although unintentionally)….We are too small community to allow ourselfs any form of "squad war"…..

I hope you will solve this…its in our interest….

S!

#700 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 09 January 2011 - 21:09

To start off, I personally have no issues with the Syndicate squadron, nor do I take issue with the server you run. In fact, on the contrary I have (as have others in my squad) repeatedly stated that I have a great deal of respect for your squad and for putting up the server. Having considered the cost and requirements of running a dedicated server in the past, I know very well the kind of commitment you are making.

That said, the only issue I have is in particular with the way Bliss conducts himself on these forums. The original issue with Bliss and myself originated with an issue where Winger and I were commenting on a particular mission, in which we both offered up alternative suggestions. Identifying a potential problem and offering up a possible solution; also know as constructive criticism. The result of this was Bliss claiming we had nothing constructive to offer, don't know what we are talking about, and clearly if we have an issue with a mission it is because we don't know what we are doing. In an effort to avoid a public debacle I moved that conversation to PM, but to no avail as talking to Bliss is like trying to have a conversation with a know-it-all teenager who cannot see anything beyond his limited perspective.

The current issue has to do with my squad mate Matt making a request concerning his missions (contact him regarding any changes or remove them otherwise). A simple request, but instead of a civil response we get another rash of insults and elitism from Bliss. Being tired of his rude behavior I decided it was time to call him out on it.

Again, I have nothing but respect for the greater part of the Syndicate squadron. However, I feel Bliss is a very poor representative of your squad. His borderline sociopathic behavior does not reflect well on the way the rest of the Syndicate members interact with the community.

So it is up to you whether you wish to hold this hq ban on your server or not. Seems a little rash when the real issue is not a squadron thing but a personal one. I would that there were a better way to resolve this issue but so long as Bliss' egocentric, pretentiousness continues to get in the way of any meaningful conversation, I see little hope of making any real concessions.

I currently do not have Ventrillo installed, but if it is the only way in which we can potentially discuss this in a civilized manner, so be it. I will install it and we shall set up a time where myself (and potentially a few other members of Les Hellequins) can get together and hopefully come to some sort of agreement. Please PM me with the details, and I will arrange things on my end.

And another attack on me personally. I'm pretty sure Jedders is speaking for everyone when he says if you don't like the way I do things then feel free to enjoy another server. And the request from Matt was already noted back when I PM'd him about the changes I did to his missions. This PM and the mission changes were along time ago hence why the server was still running older versions of those missions. But this whole response today had it appear as if I'd changed them all again. Which I haven't touched in a long time. (since the PM had already went to Matt the ONLY time the missions were changed)

But all of that is water under the bridge as they will not be on the server and neither will your squad. If you want civilized discussion the last thing you do is call me an asshole or any other myriad of personal attacks you keep trying.

It's funny you have the audacity to say anything about me. You should look in the mirror.

#701 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 09 January 2011 - 21:16

It's funny you have the audacity to say anything about me. You should look in the mirror.

You'll note that all my "personal attacks" on you are comments on your behavior, whereas your "personal attacks" are indeed personal, and very much uncalled for.

#702 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 09 January 2011 - 21:28

My behavior is fine. You didn't agree on a discussion about a mission (that for some reason you still hold a grudge about) where I offered to show you just how balanced it was with server logs. Yet in your head because of the planesets only and not the mission or objectives and where planes would be relative to that you still have a grudge in my manner or response to your all out cry of "mission imbalance."

I'm glad you're trying to make yourself feel good about yourself with kindergarten insults and attacks, but holding a grudge over words typed long ago on an internet forum is quite sad and disturbing. If I were to guess I'd say you have some sort of mental health problem.

If you can't stand my bluntness on forums than so be it., but when you talk to military brass all day, the last thing you do is sugar coat anything. It's obviously rubbed off the wrong way on you and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings through typed words on the internet.

#703 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 09 January 2011 - 22:43

I think that's a good idea, would like to hear your response to it. Alternatively, we could make our teamspeak server available for this purpose.

It's in all our interst to talk this out I'm sure, very much like Tvrdi said.

In the meantime, whenever you see the HH or Hellelequins server up any of you are always welcome to join in. Despite what our clash with Bliss here might suggest (let's call it what it is), we have no issues at all with the Syndicate squadron and their members and are still very much grateful for their efforts to keep Rise of Flight alive by running and financing a great server.

#704 SYN_MrWolf

SYN_MrWolf

Posted 09 January 2011 - 22:55

Guys guys, let us all live in peace again. I think we have to consider we aren't all diplomaticly skilled here, and that's why a lot of time posts are missunderstood or blown out of proportion. I think these forums aren't the right medium to discus these kind of things.

I would hate a bann for any squad on any Server. This is most of the time a small but nice community and we should all thrive for synergy and improvement of the whole ww1 flying experience.

I understand Matts point of view from a mission building perspective. But I also understand Bliss feels bein insulted by some older post, since he puts a lot of time in the Syn server. But let's not analyse this too much who is right or wrong. I suggest we respect a sort of copyright on missions of some. Of maybe mission maker could write down if they make their mission open source.

It would be a shame not flying with you HQ guys anymore. I hope we all can keep flying together.

#705 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 09 January 2011 - 22:57

Not my business here, but I'll say I'm glad you guys are willing to sort out your differences over comms.

Since it's not the first time I've seen this exact argument take place (and turn very sour), I believe a more permanent solution should be in order.

I'm not a mission builder, so I can only compare this to something I know, like skins. I don't mind people flying my skins (on the contrary, I'm honoured when they do).

I would, however, be really pissed off if people started changing my skins without my permission.

I once again call for a submitting process where only approved missions can work in Mods Off.

It works for skins, I'm sure it'll also work for missions.

J5_Hellbender

#706 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 09 January 2011 - 23:05

Bender, your suggestion holds ground, but I think the solution to this particular issue has to be found in talking it out rather than introducing new rules. Mutual respect should be enough to keep us away from problems like this.

I guess we agree on that as well since you started your post with that, but I just wanted to keep the focus of this particular topic away from introducing new legislation.

Thanks MrWolf, I feel the same.

#707 MattM

MattM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 23:11

But this whole response today had it appear as if I'd changed them all again. Which I haven't touched in a long time. (since the PM had already went to Matt the ONLY time the missions were changed)
I guess that was a misunderstanding then. I didn't notice the bunch of AAA trucks before and i did fly the missions quite a bit on your server. I don't have the PM anymore, so i can't check if you told me about those changes.

I didn't ask the others to join this discussion btw and i certainly didn't want to make that much of a fuzz about it, because certainly have no problem with any of the members on syndicate (if they had a problem with me before this discussion, please let me know and i promise to avoid whatever i'm done that offended you), including you.

Still, me asking for not changing the missions was legit imo and your answer certainly didn't sound like you take that seriously.

A simple "i didn't change the missions since last time" or whatever would've avoided this situation.

#708 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 09 January 2011 - 23:47

My behavior is fine. You didn't agree on a discussion about a mission (that for some reason you still hold a grudge about) where I offered to show you just how balanced it was with server logs. Yet in your head because of the planesets only and not the mission or objectives and where planes would be relative to that you still have a grudge in my manner or response to your all out cry of "mission imbalance."

I'm glad you're trying to make yourself feel good about yourself with kindergarten insults and attacks, but holding a grudge over words typed long ago on an internet forum is quite sad and disturbing. If I were to guess I'd say you have some sort of mental health problem.

If you can't stand my bluntness on forums than so be it., but when you talk to military brass all day, the last thing you do is sugar coat anything. It's obviously rubbed off the wrong way on you and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings through typed words on the internet.

Bliss, I no longer care about the original mission in question (or any others running on your server). Even when we were discussing it, I said that it is your server so you a free to do with it what you will. My suggestion was just that, a suggestion; you could disregard it if you so choose.

What stands out in my mind is how you chose to address the suggestion, or more importantly, those who made it.

The only reason we are currently at odds is because you continue to berate and belittle others with your snide remarks. Regardless of what excuse you can offer for your behavior, it is not appropriate conduct. When it was me who was under fire, I let it go even though it rankled, but I won't stand by and let my friends be ill used by you.

But I am done with this for the time being, I await your response for when we shall meet on Vent and attempt to resolve this…

#709 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 09 January 2011 - 23:55

As per your request, MattM, your missions have been removed.

It is important to note that anyone who submits missions to our server will be expected to accept changes that we feel are necessary. If you feel that your missions are better left in their original state then please dont submit them to us for hosting.

#710 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 10 January 2011 - 00:10

It's great to set boundaries, Jedders. However, was this made known to Matt before or did you just make it up?

Also, I'll repeat the request initially stated by Sensenmann to talk this out on voicecoms rather than continuing the vicious circle we seem to be in here. This goes for my own squadron members as well; please consider what you say and want to achieve before you post here.

I'm not sure what else there is to be said, but if we both have the benefit of the online Rise of Flight community in mind I'm sure there's a way out of this.

In the meantime, it doesn't seem like SYN has any trouble to not run Matt's missions any more, and in turn we don't have any trouble with no longer playing on your server.

Do we really want to leave it at that?

In the meantime, I'm off to bed, and I sincerely hope the situation will not have worsened by the time I get to view this topic again.

PS: I just edited my post with a few lines, sorry for that.

#711 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 10 January 2011 - 00:20

Bliss, I no longer care about the original mission in question (or any others running on your server). Even when we were discussing it, I said that it is your server so you a free to do with it what you will. My suggestion was just that, a suggestion; you could disregard it if you so choose.

What stands out in my mind is how you chose to address the suggestion, or more importantly, those who made it.

The only reason we are currently at odds is because you continue to berate and belittle others with your snide remarks. Regardless of what excuse you can offer for your behavior, it is not appropriate conduct. When it was me who was under fire, I let it go even though it rankled, but I won't stand by and let my friends be ill used by you.

But I am done with this for the time being, I await your response for when we shall meet on Vent and attempt to resolve this…

I guess you should read your own comments. The most snide or insulting comments over this whole ordeal have come out of your mouth with the continuing name calling and insults.

Your obviously not over the mission as you brought it back up again. And I chose my comments to those certain people who always complain about planesets. I'm sick of hearing the same arguments over and over. And when I offer to show how balanced it is with logs showing just that, noone even cares or bothers to hear it.

The problem that you had along with most others that were whining in that thread is the only thing you thought about was the planes. And on a mission like that, as I've already explained, it would be slaughter to have perfect balanced planeset. And as the logs showed the mission went both ways (very closely scores/kills for both teams) with the lopsided planesets you were bitching about.

And I find it insulting to read a long ass post regarding recent changes that I DIDN'T make to missions and saying have respect for someone else's work when the only thing I was trying to do is make it fair for everyone (when I did change the planesets months ago) At least Gava remembered how absolutely lopsided the early one's were before I changed the planes. If MattM would have came in and said "Hey bliss did you change the missions recently etc?" Instead of saying "don't touch my work and it's insulting to have you who doesn't know anything about the ME or can't even delete a plane to do it." When shit like that gets spoken to someone who's goal is to make the server fun for everyone. You bet your ass I'm gonna say something about it.

If you're going to fire some shots at me, you sure as hell better expect the return fire. I don't put up with shit in RL. And I'm sure as hell not gonna put up with utter bullshit getting spoken about me on this forum. As I've already stated. If you don't like the way I do things. (Which I decide how I do it. Not you.) Then feel free to use the door.

#712 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 10 January 2011 - 00:22

Lets move on, shall we?….

#713 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:08

I agree Jedders, I think all concerned need to step away from the keyboards and take a few moments to consider what the implications are for this game we all seem to like using our spare time to enjoy.

A relatively small online gaming group does not need this kind of thing trumpeting over the official forums (even though that appears to be what I'm doing right now). My aim in this post is to appeal to all concerned to sort this out voice to voice or through PM. Enough with the too and fro of accusations and counter accusations in this thread.

I'm not going to add oil to the fire (I hope) when I say that Syndicate has been a very enjoyable place for me to spend my time flying in over the past months. I've always liked the mission mix rather more than some others in hq as has become apparent over the last several weeks, and it was nice sitting in Vent and chatting away as I took to the air in my indomnitable N28 (or should that be my death-trap N28?).

It will make a hole in my MP gaming not to fly there again, but it was fun while it lasted, thanks Syndicate.

I will still point any new pilots towards Syndicate as a good place to try out MP for the first time as there are ususally players in there willing to give advice on getting into the air (and staying there) with no flight aids active and chilling in Vent was always good for a laugh should the opposing forces decide to share the same channel too.

I'll finish with re-iterarting Jorri's words in an earlier post of his.

Even though we do not have the server resources available to run the HussarHellequin server 24/7 any longer due to the other commitments the ageing dedi-box has to carry, I will try to get it running on it's usual Tuesday night(UK) timeslot (when I'm around to actually get it up and running, none of the other Hussars took to RoF at all really so I'm only Hellequin with admin rights to start the HH RoF server) so please feel free to join if you see it running you will be most welcome.

#714 A.S.Pushkin

A.S.Pushkin

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:22

Attached Files

#715 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:46

Enough.

Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic