Photo
- - - - -

ROF profiles for the G940 and a review

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zerotown

Zerotown

Posted 05 May 2010 - 16:27

EDIT 21-05-2010: I've updated the profiles for the 5.09 version of Logitech's driver

Hi all,

as some of you might remember, I recently purchased the Logitech G940 for use with this great sim. After recieving the joystick, I found out that both the stick itself and the in-game planes need to be configured, to allow for a better playing experience. To this end, I opened a topic on the subject and started editing both the G940's settings and the different 'control curves' for the different planes I currently own. (I like to thank my fellow forum-members for their input regarding this proces!)

Anyway, when I was finished, I decided that other G940-users might like to benefit from my tinkering. Since my old way of linking to them was a bit unwieldy, I decided to group them in a post on my blog and write a bit on how to install them and so forth. You can find everything here, along with a review (in Dutch) on the G940 itself.

Regards,
Zerotown

#2 Gisbod

Gisbod

Posted 05 May 2010 - 16:47

Thanks Zerotown,

Will have a look through thanks ;) Are you enjoying it? I hope you are as I recommended it so much!

I still think you'd be hard pushed to beat it..

Cheers

#3 Zerotown

Zerotown

Posted 05 May 2010 - 16:52

Yes, I am enjoying both the G940 and the game tremendously! To be honest, it has been quite a while since a simulation has had a grip on me like this. The amount of detail is amazing and the G940 adds a lot to that. Is your game playable again? I remember reading you had a shimmering texture effect after the last update.

#4 Gisbod

Gisbod

Posted 05 May 2010 - 17:25

Yeah, I'm the same as you.. Hadn't played anything in years until I saw RoF and now I'm officially obsessed! Incredible detail and flight model.. Really fun online now too.

I still do have some shimmers which is a bit of a bugger as it was absolutely perfect before.. :(

#5 Damocles

Damocles

Posted 05 May 2010 - 20:56

Trying out your profiles and G940 settings, my initial impression is surprise at how little FFB strength you use, generally 0.27 but much less, 0.1, for the Camel.

For me this feels like stirring a soggy pudding, i.e very little tactile feedback, very odd. :shock:

#6 Zerotown

Zerotown

Posted 05 May 2010 - 21:30

Trying out your profiles and G940 settings, my initial impression is surprise at how little FFB strength you use, generally 0.27 but much less, 0.1, for the Camel.

For me this feels like stirring a soggy pudding, i.e very little tactile feedback, very odd. :shock:

Ah, thank you for your input. It seems I might have made a mistake there… To be honest: I haven't flown the camel a great deal yet, as I seem to have this super-stalling power that makes sure the ground and I become intimate friends every time I take off. I'll correct this tomorrow!

(btw: Might I ask wich strenght-setting you find comfortable?)

#7 Damocles

Damocles

Posted 05 May 2010 - 22:07

I have to admit I was using 100%, but without giving it much thought. I've adjusted it to 50% to give it a go, although it maybe still feels a bit stiff after having given it a quick go. I definitely prefer a solid feel rather than having any mushiness.

Apart from some small differences in the control curves my main difference from what I can tell was not having any return to centre spring strength set. It's difficult to tell if 2% makes much of a difference as of yet.

I don't know if it's just me, real or imagined, but the joystick seems to go slightly limp just as I get to the edge of the flight envelope during a sustained turn and I'm close to a stall (it's not a help btw). I have know idea if this is the hardware, device software or RoF.

#8 Zerotown

Zerotown

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:30

I uploaded a new version of the camel's map and made it part of the .zip file as well. It's stiffer than the previous one (more in line with the other profiles), though I guess it might still feel mushy if you like a really hard centering strength. I'll experiment with this when I've got some more free time on my hands!

#9 IRFC_SmokinHole

IRFC_SmokinHole

Posted 04 June 2010 - 15:51

I personally find a big difference between the force settings slider in RoF and the Force setting in the profiler. I use 100% in RoF and 45% in my single RoF profile for the Logi Profiler. As I have said elsewhere this update has been such a tremendous improvement in precision for me that I removed all stick curves from all planes in RoF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users