Photo
- - - - -

Re: 1.012 - STUTTERS! - SOLVED (KINDA)!

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#81 Hyneman

Hyneman

Posted 02 May 2010 - 21:53

Great that you got those problems fixed! :)
Maybe this tip will also help other pilots.

#82 winger2

winger2

Posted 02 May 2010 - 21:54

MATT, I LOVE YOU!

I uninstalled every version of Microsoft C++++ visual bullshit, then installed the one fro mthe DVD, and RoF is back to normal!!!!!!

Thank you guys for not giving up on me!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Trying that currently. Glad youre fixed Reflected!

Winger

#83 Arrowhead2k9

Arrowhead2k9

Posted 02 May 2010 - 21:57

Where do I find vcredist.exe if I have the download version of RoF?

#84 MattM

MattM

Posted 02 May 2010 - 21:59

\3rd_party\vcredist\vcredist_x86.exe
But you have to uninstall the other versions first.

Well i posted it quite a few times in multiple stuttering threads, but got no answer if that worked or not. It worked for me, and Greg now.

#85 winger2

winger2

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:01

\3rd_party\vcredist\vcredist_x86.exe
But you have to uninstall the other versions first.

Well i posted it quite a few times in multiple stuttering threads, but got no answer if that worked or not. It worked for me, and Greg now.

Looks like it works. Gotta investigate closer tomorrow when more people are on the server an i am not as tired:)

Winger

#86 Arrowhead2k9

Arrowhead2k9

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:10

I can't find that file anywhere. I have the download version.

#87 Laser

Laser

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:13

This may be a fix, but it's not normal imho. The vc redist on the RoF install is the vc 2005 redistibutable, while other applications use and need the vc 2005 service pack 1 which normally fixes issues from the previous one. If you install such a program, it will ask you again to install the new redistributable (vc 2005 sp1), so you'll have to choose either to have stuttering again or not install the new program.

This is the one from the RoF install AFAIK:

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en">http://www.microsoft.../downloads/deta … laylang=en

#88 Arrowhead2k9

Arrowhead2k9

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:19

This may be a fix, but it's not normal imho. The vc redist on the RoF install is the vc 2005 redistibutable, while other applications use and need the vc 2005 service pack 1 which normally fixes issues from the previous one. If you install such a program, it will ask you again to install the new redistributable (vc 2005 sp1), so you'll have to choose either to have stuttering again or not install the new program.

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en">http://www.microsoft.../downloads/deta … laylang=en

I can't seem to run RoF with that version.

#89 Laser

Laser

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:21

Do you have MS .NET 3.5 installed?

#90 Arrowhead2k9

Arrowhead2k9

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:22

Yes, with SP1.

#91 Laser

Laser

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:25

Yes, with SP1.

Funny then, the size of the vcredist from the DVD is 2.682.880 which matches the one from the link i posted. Maybe i'm wrong somewhere.

#92 Arrowhead2k9

Arrowhead2k9

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:30

Maybe size doesn't matter aferall? ;) I have another version of that file which is 2.59M and the game runs but still stutters.

If someone could upload the exact file from the DVD, hopefully that'll do the trick.

#93 Laser

Laser

Posted 02 May 2010 - 22:54

I think i was wrong. You need a 2008 redistributable :P

EDIT: Gah, i am utterly confused. The xml file on the DVD near the vcredist says something about MS 2008, but really you need a 2005 vcredist …

You are right, they are not the same versions. VC 2005 redist from MS site, VC 2005 SP1 from MS site and the VC 2005 redist on the DVD are different in size.

#94 Arrowhead2k9

Arrowhead2k9

Posted 02 May 2010 - 23:18

Could somebody just upload the file from the DVD to this website and post the direct link? Shouldn't take long, it's a small file.
http://www.zshare.net/">http://www.zshare.net/

#95 WWSittingduck

WWSittingduck

Posted 02 May 2010 - 23:38

thats great news greg

and great job matt

tried it on my system, (removing all, and reloading the 2005 c++) and didnt help any.

if at some point someone determines the BEST ver of c++ for this game and xp pro 64 bit, will give it another go.

hopefully, this will assist the devs in pinpointing some of the problems other pilots are having.

Old Fokkers Squad

#96 Arrowhead2k9

Arrowhead2k9

Posted 02 May 2010 - 23:38

Nevermind. I got a hold of the file by re-extracting the web demo download. I found it in a temporary folder. Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing microstutters, but mine are only online and they are very slight. :(

#97 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 02 May 2010 - 23:49

I did as reflected (uninstalled 2008 and 2005 MS C+++ version and reinstalled 2005) but I still have very short microstutters every few sec online, but not on all servers…

so I experienced microstutters on Jasta J99 server…on Esc.69 server I didnt have any microstutters…..

offline is smooth as butter…..

#98 Arrowhead2k9

Arrowhead2k9

Posted 02 May 2010 - 23:53

I did as reflected (uninstalled 2008 and 2005 MS C+++ version and reinstalled 2005) but I still have very short microstutters every few sec online, but not on all servers…

so I experienced microstutters on Jasta J99 server…on Esc.69 server I didnt have any microstutters…..

offline is smooth as butter…..

Same. I think we have a different issue than Reflected, because offline is just fine, but online is a stutterfest all of a sudden. It's a real shame, because the new dogfight mode looks like a blast, but we can't enjoy it yet. :(

#99 1/JSpan_PESO

1/JSpan_PESO

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:03

In my case, not solved in xp32 unistalling and reintalling C++ from ROF disc.Confused about wich version and duplicities of same versions,i mean microsoft version is same than Rof disc???
Not clear.Starting getting bored about this game problems…

#100 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:17

Seems Reflected's stutters were a different flavour to the ones the rest of us are having online. I'm getting a constant single stutter or pulse every 2.5 seconds. They are fairly gentle when flying straight and level, but stronger if I'm looking around at the time. Offline is just fine however.

#101 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:40

Do you guys know which CPU that E69 and J99 are using?

I have a theory about the online component on this, but I'm not sure yet.

If I were to put my DServer up for "Stutter testing", say tommorow - would you guys like to join and see if your getting the stuttering?

If so let me know, and I'll kick it off before I hit the rack…

S!

Gunny

#102 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:54

Make sure you delete every version of that visual C+++ thing, even the ones that look remotely similar.

спасибо талекс for your help! It's good to see someone that Neoqb didn't give up on me!

Dear Devs, please stop making updates, I can't take this stress once again :D

Over the week-end I felt exactly like when I lost my favorite toy car ( a green лада 1200) when I was about 5. :cry: I guess I'll never grow up ;)

#103 winger2

winger2

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:57

Do you guys know which CPU that E69 and J99 are using?

I have a theory about the online component on this, but I'm not sure yet.

If I were to put my DServer up for "Stutter testing", say tommorow - would you guys like to join and see if your getting the stuttering?

If so let me know, and I'll kick it off before I hit the rack…

S!

Gunny

J99ers sserver use some Quadcore i believe. I dont know exactly but i was once told that it was the biggest hardware available when it was bought a few months ago. Also the Internetconnection is a 32MBit backbone from the german Telekom.

Winger

#104 MattM

MattM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:15

Well, the stutters i had and fixed with this method, were that heavy, that i couldn't even fly. So if you "only" experience some micro-stutters, that only happen on some servers etc., this fix shouldn't work for you.

But you can give it a go anyway.

#105 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 03 May 2010 - 15:40

Damn, the stutters are back!!!!
I didn't have the time to test it much yesterday :(
I uninstalled the only C+++ I had to see what's wrong, and the game runs, better than before, actually (it shouldn't work at all). It only stutters occasionally. As soon as I reinstall the visual C+++ it gets worse.

The stutters become more frequent when time is accelerated. It is related to the number of objects in the mission, but I feel that also to the landscape, because now it takes 1 sec to load sometimes. It's acting funny…

:(

#106 MattM

MattM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 16:01

I uninstalled the only C+++ I had to see what's wrong, and the game runs, better than before, actually (it shouldn't work at all). It only stutters occasionally. As soon as I reinstall the visual C+++ it gets worse.
I don't quite understand it. So it ran for you fine and then you reinstalled C++?

You have to uninstall all C++ versions you have. If you then try to start ROF, it shouldn't run at all (because it needs the 2005 version to launch). If you can still run it, it means, that you did not uninstall all C++ versions properly.

You then install the C++ you got with ROF. No 2008 (i didn't find a program yet that specifically needs that).

#107 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 03 May 2010 - 16:16

I don't quite understand it. So it ran for you fine and then you reinstalled C++?

You have to uninstall all C++ versions you have. If you then try to start ROF, it shouldn't run at all (because it needs the 2005 version to launch). If you can still run it, it means, that you did not uninstall all C++ versions properly.

You then install the C++ you got with ROF. No 2008 (i didn't find a program yet that specifically needs that).

I was wrong yesterday when I said that it worked.
So I tried to redo the process and make sure it doesn't work with no C+++.
But it does. How come? How can I possibly uninstall it totally? It doesn't show up in CP anymore…

#108 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 03 May 2010 - 16:19

I think you should really consider installing a bare version of windows xp just for ROF. Should be better for the Dual Core anyway and that way you can make sure you only install stuff you need for ROF while you can keep using 7 for everything else.

Once you buy new hardware you can give 7 64bit another shot, hopefully there will be a 64bit executable by then.

#109 MattM

MattM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 16:30

But it does. How come? How can I possibly uninstall it totally? It doesn't show up in CP anymore…
No idea.

I can't really test it myself right now. I mean i could try uninstalling those aswell, but i usually stick to "never change a running system".

You are running ROF as administrator and without compatibility mode right?

If this doesn't work, i would follow Imps suggestions and install XP on a different partition.

#110 1/JSpan_PESO

1/JSpan_PESO

Posted 03 May 2010 - 16:55

I changed S.O. to xp32 and no joy.I think is not a S.O problem,but game inself.

#111 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 03 May 2010 - 17:00

I definitely won't install a new OS just to see…

I'm fed up with fixing my PC constantly. I've installed 3 different OS since I got RoF.
That's enough for me, bye bye beautiful SE5a's - sniff sniff :cry: - I'll probably buy Wings of Prey or just go back to il2 until they release SoW. :cry:

#112 1/JSpan_PESO

1/JSpan_PESO

Posted 03 May 2010 - 17:06

Same here mate :(

#113 steve451

steve451

Posted 03 May 2010 - 17:35

There comes a point where enough is enough. I have tried everything that people have suggested and have finally come to the conclusion that I cannot get ROF without the dreaded stutters. Everything elsr runs perfectly on my PC. So for me its back to Wings of Prey, something that does runs smoothly on my system. I really feel for all you guys that like me love ROF but who cannot run it properly. For the ones that can I hope you enjoy it.

#114 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 03 May 2010 - 17:53

There comes a point where enough is enough. I have tried everything that people have suggested and have finally come to the conclusion that I cannot get ROF without the dreaded stutters. Everything elsr runs perfectly on my PC. So for me its back to Wings of Prey, something that does runs smoothly on my system. I really feel for all you guys that like me love ROF but who cannot run it properly. For the ones that can I hope you enjoy it.

I feel genuinely sorry for you guys. I am one of the lucky ones (apart from one dodgy patch a few months back). However, I wasn't feeling so lucky yesterday when Windows crashed with corrupt system files. I couldn't get into safe mode or the repair console so I ended up wiping the HD and re-installing XP from scratch (along with everything else). Right now, my PC is not my best friend but my apps run like a dream.
See you again.
S!

#115 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 03 May 2010 - 17:58

OMG we have two types of stutters…huge and massive stutters Reflected experienced, both offline and online (and myself btw, before migrated to win7 64bit) and very short microstutters most folks have (including me) ONLY online on SOME servers..
its still mystery to me why I had the same HUGE stutters both online and offline on XP SP3 32 bit and on Win7 64 they are gone….

is it bad optimisation of the game or this sim is too complex for todays hardware?

#116 Laser

Laser

Posted 03 May 2010 - 17:58

@Reflected

Windows Update just told me a new version of VC 2005 redist is available - maybe for you it runs in the background and installs things automatically? It should be imposible to run RoF without any VC redist installed.

S!

#117 steve451

steve451

Posted 03 May 2010 - 18:23

The strangest thing is the fact that sometimes ROF ran well. I like some of the others un-installed all the Microsoft Visual C + stuff, un-installed ROF, re-installed ROF and all pretty well ok again. Had something to eat, came back and loaded up ROF and guess what, the stutters are back. It almost appears like its in slow motion.I am at a loss to explain why. But I cannot be doing with it any more. Its not healthy.

#118 Arrowhead2k9

Arrowhead2k9

Posted 03 May 2010 - 19:13

Any ideas from the devs? Do they know that there is a problem here?

Please make the stutters go away. :(

#119 rampa

rampa

Posted 03 May 2010 - 21:10

reinstalled the game, then the VC2005 on the DVD, it runs very smooth on my xp 32b. On Windows 7 32b the first run after the reinstallation it went smooth like xp, but later the stuttering was back, no way to to get the game working properly.

#120 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 May 2010 - 22:09

I contacted Han to have a look at this, since at the open beta test forums he made a threat asking for problems with the user version o 1.012, but no reply yet :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users