Photo
- - - - -

Logitech G940

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Kudlius

Kudlius

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:27

I bought Logitech G940 before three month. After some problems I returned it for repair.
Yesterday they gave me totally new item.
And I have same problems like with the old one.
Is your Logitech G940 MiniJoy in center?

Я купил Logitech G940 три месеца тому назад. Потом отдал на ремонт. Вчера я получил полностю новии комплект. Но проблеми тежи.
У вас оси MiniJoy в центре?

Attached Files

#2 Gisbod

Gisbod

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:46

That's odd? Mine's fine.. If it was the same with yr old G940 I guess it must be software related? Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the software?

#3 Kudlius

Kudlius

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:50

I have latest Software 5.08 now and mini joy is not in center approximately by 20 %.

#4 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:44

Calibration information might be bad in Windows registry. Can't remember now what registry keys need to be deleted, but I think there is Logitech utility on the web, which will do this for you automatically.

#5 Kudlius

Kudlius

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:46

Thank You Žalčiuk

#6 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:48

You can try this (on your own risk) http://www.wingmante...bration Utility">http://www.wingmante...om/latest_softw … %20Utility:

#7 Kudlius

Kudlius

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:00

Problem not solved.
I think it is mechanical problem.
I am not able to use it as MiniJoy, but it is good I can use it as Hat Switch because of the Zone Assignment function. But again, I have problems when center point is somewhere near the side and deviation is more than 90 %. And it is always when ZhaltysZ is in my sight :lol:

#8 335th_GRSwaty

335th_GRSwaty

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:16

I hope there will be good news soon and correct the issues.

Copying a post from 1C made by MikkOwl

Forwarding some news from the Logitech support forums, in my own words:

* Logitech Profiler (the main drivers/software) was getting a major rewrite (6.0 - Don't remember) that has been worked on for a long time, since September we assume, 7 months. So long that the bugs of the G940 was really infuriating users, who were kept in the dark about any updates/bug fixes. Enough angry customers and probably to patch the damaged reputation of the G940 has made them divert resources for a minor (but major in importance) update, version 5.09.
* 5.09 is not far from release. Has seen limited distribution to software developers for last minute feedback.
* Focus of release is bug fixes, but not entirely.
* Profiler bug fixes are mentioned.
* Unspecified functionality bugs to be fixed (probably the reversal bug which is pretty major, and was confirmed as being worked on to fix in December 2009).
* Changes/work-arounds of force feedback implementation in third party games (that would be all games that has force feedback support I suppose?). Centering spring force is mentioned specifically. I believe it most likely to be the 'slop' issue in sims such as IL-2.
* One type of BSOD eliminated.
* New capabilities of the device will be unlocked.
* More specifics coming within a week.

http://forum.1cpubli...66&postcount=69">http://forum.1cpubli...g.eu/showpost.p … stcount=69

#9 Kudlius

Kudlius

Posted 29 April 2010 - 13:15

Maybe some WD40 oil would solve my problem?

#10 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 29 April 2010 - 13:30

WD40 can conduct electricity, do not use it. If you have to lubricate an electric device go to a electronic store and get a non conductive lubricant.

Honestly though since this new joystick has the same issues as your old one, I have my doubts its a new joystick. They probably inspected it and reboxed it in a new box. Places are notorious for that. Myself and my cousin always mark our items before we send them back so we know if we just got ours re-boxed.

#11 Kudlius

Kudlius

Posted 29 April 2010 - 13:40

Unless they put in MiniJoy from my old.

#12 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 29 April 2010 - 13:42

You could try connecting it to another computer and see if the problem persist? In that case you should be able to rule out registry and software issues.

#13 Murf

Murf

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:04

Maybe some WD40 oil would solve my problem?

NO!!!! ABOSOLUTELY do NOT use WD40!!! Just as Viper said, it WILL conduct electricity!!!

I also suspect they did not send you back a different joystick, but your old one after a cursory inspection. I have seen it done before by Logitech. IF I send an item back, I also mark it in a manner that is not obvious and only known to me for that reason as well, as Viper said he does.

I had seen the same posting that GRSwaty posted… I honestly believe THAT is you issue. I think it is a software problem.

#14 BOLT

BOLT

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:02

Unplug the joystick then run the clear calibration utility from the wingman team website linked to by ZaltysZ, say yes to removing any entries it pops up(this is removing all old calibration entries). Then plug the stick back into a different usb port (you can plug it back into the original port when you are done) ensure the stick is on a level surface and hands off any controls when you plug it in. Then use the windows calibration utility, part of the calibration process involves calibrating the ministick in the latest version of the Logitech software. The ministick should now be centred regardless of any possible hardware errors as calibration simply works with the values reported by the device.

If you continue to have problems, unplug the stick and do a complete uninstall of the Logitech software as described on Logitech's site, simply running uninstall in windows is not enough as it leaves files and registry entries behind, then re install but do not plug the device in until asked for by the Logitech install program.

A point to add on the use of wd40, it is not just oil, it contains solvents to breakdown rust and other deposits and to dispel water, these solvents will cause damage to a number of plastics.

#15 Butch_Nackley

Butch_Nackley

Posted 08 May 2010 - 21:53

I have the same thing from my minijoy. It is off center in the calibration screen. Always has been since day 1.
I too heard about the new software and I'm waiting for it to see if that fixes it.

#16 Kudlius

Kudlius

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:19

On my own risk I oiled MiniJoy with Handy Oil.
Things are not ok, but are much better. Deviation from center is very small (up to 5 %) and very often it goes directly to the center.
How to do that: pull out Mini Joy knob (it is not fixed) and put couple drops of oil directly on MiniJoy.

Idea is from Saitek. There on new Saitek Aviator (used for consoles) Mini Joy is oiled from factory.

#17 Kudlius

Kudlius

Posted 20 June 2010 - 16:39

I am not able to assign mouse left button for my joystick button.
I select 'Mouse Left Button' in Logitech Profile but it is not working.
Do you use this option?

#18 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 20 June 2010 - 16:54

As I said in another thread (where you asked exactly the same question), install the software but do not use the Logitech Profiler to assign button tasks.

Use only the RoF Control Panels.

Using both guarantees conflicts.

And I agree. Stay away from WD40 as a joystick lubricant. The stuff was invented to clean aluminum airplane surfaces. While it is a great lubricant for some things (sliding aluminum doors) it was not made to clean electronic contacts and can do far more harm than good.

S!

HT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users