Photo
- - - - -

Hard drive bad

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 RAF74_Drummer

RAF74_Drummer

Posted 28 April 2010 - 13:54

Ok, this is really irritating!!! Got up this morning and found out my HD went bad..My question is: After new HD is installed and assuming they cannot save my data, how do I get RoF back on my system?

#2 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 28 April 2010 - 14:01

Could you download the Demo and just log in using your ID? Just an idea as I am not sure. Maybe they have a digital reciept for you to re-download it.

#3 steve451

steve451

Posted 28 April 2010 - 16:15

Just download the demo again and log in. Its as simple as that. Aerosoft have the demo you can download to.www.aerosoft.com type a search in for rise of flight and away you go.

#4 RAF74_Drummer

RAF74_Drummer

Posted 28 April 2010 - 23:10

ok thanks guys

#5 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:47

How Bad?

Wont initialize? Making a loud scraping noise?

There are a few ways you can get your data back, the freezer trick works if the head is touching the frezer trick works well, I have used it a few times. (10 years in IT)

http://geeksaresexy....cover-data.html">http://geeksaresexy....spot.com/2006/0 … -data.html

EDIT -!# Use a USB HDD Caddy, Leave it in the freezer while you try to recover your data, remember that if it works your time is limited so get your data as fast as possible.#!-

If its the chip you're screwed unless you can find the same firmware board, even one revision out would be dangerous.

#6 Mormac

Mormac

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:09

You might with boot new drive and get in the hard drive thats not working and get your stuff out.

#7 BillyBishopFan

BillyBishopFan

Posted 30 July 2010 - 17:14

May I suggest getting a SSD (I got 40GB intel) as you new hard drive for ROF. Loading times are under 10 seconds for me now…..truly is the best upgrade I've ever done for $115 bucks :-)

#8 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 30 July 2010 - 17:28

When you installed your SSD was it just plug and play or did you have to install software and or programs to make it run good in windows?

#9 BillyBishopFan

BillyBishopFan

Posted 30 July 2010 - 17:39

When you installed your SSD was it just plug and play or did you have to install software and or programs to make it run good in windows?

Hi Viper, the only thing I did was format it. It was very easy. I must say this again - best upgrade I've ever done for that amount of money. Loading times almost killed the experience for me before..now I'm flying more than waiting :-)

EDIT: Windows 7 64bit…fyi

#10 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 30 July 2010 - 17:44

Gotcha, I was looking at getting one, everything larger then 32gb is astoundingly high in price. 32gb would barely leave room after a new install of win7 64 like I have. I would have to get a second one and either raid them or run the games from the second one. Load times are only a mild irritant to me now spending money irritates me more so I may wait a year for the prices to drop. Thanks for the input though.

#11 BillyBishopFan

BillyBishopFan

Posted 30 July 2010 - 17:47

Gotcha, I was looking at getting one, everything larger then 32gb is astoundingly high in price. 32gb would barely leave room after a new install of win7 64 like I have. I would have to get a second one and either raid them or run the games from the second one. Load times are only a mild irritant to me now spending money irritates me more so I may wait a year for the prices to drop. Thanks for the input though.

That's the thing, my Windows 7 experience is fast enough right now without an SSD as boot drive. So I'm only using it for games that have long loading times. Currently I have DCS Blackshark, ROF, FC2, on there, with room for another 2 or 3 games.

It's basically a dedicated SSD for a few select SIMs that need help with loading times.

You are right though, waiting a bit would be better, so you can just put it all on one drive…I couldn't wait haha

#12 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 30 July 2010 - 18:30

I gotcha, win 7 loads fast for me as well, so I may buy the 32gb one just for the games.

#13 VonHelton

VonHelton

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:39

I'll be glad when those SSD's drop in price. Less moving parts to wear out, AFAIK.

:geek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users