- - - - -

ATI Tray Tools or CCC

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 voxman

voxman

Posted 23 April 2010 - 14:11

Hey guys,

Are you using CCC or AT Tray Tools? When I got my card,HD5770, and that was with Cats 912, I was using CCC but had bad problems with flickering and stutters. I switched over to ATTools and that resolved a lot of issues. But I'm not sure I'm optimized. Anybody using ATTools and have recommendations as far as setting?

#2 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 23 April 2010 - 14:44

Hi VOX!!!!!! Great to see you :)

Using 10.3 CCC with no problems. No probs with 10.2 either.

I'm going to Werneck, Bavaria next month to visit my oldest daughter - thought you'd want to know.

Don't know if the "text" thing was fixed for Il2 - but, with ROF 10 series has been great.

S!

Gunny

#3 MattM

MattM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 15:28

I updated from 10.1 to 10.3 a few days ago. I think it improved my performance a bit, but wasn't bad before the update either.

I just use CCC for my HD4830, no ATI Tray Tools.

#4 voxman

voxman

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:12

Hi VOX!!!!!! Great to see you :)

Using 10.3 CCC with no problems. No probs with 10.2 either.

I'm going to Werneck, Bavaria next month to visit my oldest daughter - thought you'd want to know.

Don't know if the "text" thing was fixed for Il2 - but, with ROF 10 series has been great.

S!

Gunny

Gunny! Playing some ZZtop on guitar and thought of you….Bavaria!! sounds like it's gonna be a blast! mmmmBEERMMMM! Be sure to post some pics.

Ok..back on topic….I've got 10.3s installed but used ATI tray tools since I was having all kinds of probs with CCC. Anyway..was looking for some optimized settings with anyone using tray tools.

Text still isn't fixed in IL2…have to run Black Death for a few seconds then it's OK. Actually been playing that a little bit more when I get the time, as I'm enjoying some of the new Mods…ok shhh..enough of that IL2 talk or TB will spank us.

#5 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:42

:)

Well, I'll give you mine - but I've got a quad so I don't know how this scales.

ATI

AA = Level 8X, Filter Box
AF = 16X
Mipmap detail = High Quality
Vertical Refresh (Vsync) = Off
AA Mode = Super-Sample (Takes out all terrain "shimmering" - high load - works fine for me. FPS +60
Triple buffering = Off

I'll post lots of pics…

I'm in the middle of testing things so my ROF settings are 'jacked up'.

Do you want all my ROF graphics inside the game too?

S!

Gunny

#6 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:44

Text still isn't fixed in IL2…have to run Black Death for a few seconds then it's OK. Actually been playing that a little bit more when I get the time, as I'm enjoying some of the new Mods…ok shhh..enough of that IL2 talk or TB will spank us.

10.3 Catalyst release notes listed Il2 text corruption under "Known Windows Issues" - therefore I believe we will see fix in 10.4

So soon, it will all be good, I think

S!

Gunny

#7 voxman

voxman

Posted 24 April 2010 - 14:49

:)

Well, I'll give you mine - but I've got a quad so I don't know how this scales.

ATI

AF = 16X
AA Mode = Super-Sample (Takes out all terrain "shimmering" - high load - works fine for me. FPS +60
Triple buffering = Off

I'll post lots of pics…

I'm in the middle of testing things so my ROF settings are 'jacked up'.

Do you want all my ROF graphics inside the game too?

S!

Gunny

Hey Gunny,

Thanks for the info. Yep, the dual core may hinder things. I'm looking at getting a quad 9400 as I have just enough money for that right now…still have to get a new refrigerator and other things. No worries about ROF graphics settings. I think I'm good there.

#8 RAF74_Winger

RAF74_Winger

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:38

S!

I've a problem with the ati settings tools & ROF. I've tried to set the AA & AF with both CCC and ATI TT to override the game's settings, but the settings won't "take" no matter what I do.

The funny thing is, sometimes the AA settings seem to hold when looking at the aircraft in the hangar, but never in a mission, where I get no AA at all unless I leave it set to "application controlled".

As I say, I've tried it with the Tray Tools and the CCC (not installed at the same time) and tried re-installing the driver. I'm running XP32bit.

Any suggestions? I'm running out of ideas.

W.

#9 Murf

Murf

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:15

I wish I had a suggestion…
All I have had for the last 7 years or so have been nVidia cards, and I have never had ANY issue with them for adjusting the AA or anything else in their control panel.

#10 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:25

S!

I've a problem with the ati settings tools & ROF. I've tried to set the AA & AF with both CCC and ATI TT to override the game's settings, but the settings won't "take" no matter what I do.

The funny thing is, sometimes the AA settings seem to hold when looking at the aircraft in the hangar, but never in a mission, where I get no AA at all unless I leave it set to "application controlled".

As I say, I've tried it with the Tray Tools and the CCC (not installed at the same time) and tried re-installing the driver. I'm running XP32bit.

Any suggestions? I'm running out of ideas.

W.

Try disabling all effects including HDR, and then see if your AA holds. There is a limit to how much AA you can have on any card with effects.

So manual will work up to 8X AA (Box or Edge Detect). 16X AF is also possible with manual control.

S!

Gunny

#11 Gisbod

Gisbod

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:10

Hello Gunny!

We've got the same graphics card & you stopped my shimmers last time! Would you mind having a peek at this topic for me? The shimmers are back! :roll:

I've tried lots of different configurations in CCC?

Thanks!

http://riseofflight....php?f=49&t=9394">viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9394

#12 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:35

Gisbod, do you have these set in ATI CCC

AF = 16X
Catalyst AI = OFF
Triple buffering = Off

I noticed that I left the AI part out - turn that puppy off :) Maybe that's it.

For anyone interested in high AA/AF (8X or more which is just beautiful) you must go to /data and edit the starup.config file (notepad) - set these values to = 0

post_blood_enable = 0
post_bloom_enable = 0
post_blum_enable = 0
post_cinema_enable = 0
post_dof_enable = 0
post_drops_enable = 0
post_effects = 0
post_effects_enable = 0
post_hdr = 0

Now set your AA/AF in catalyst and watch the jaggies and shimmering "bite the dust" :)

Thanks Gisbod - who reminded me of this over at the Nvidea thread.

Notice that your Video memory drops down significantly when you disable post effects in the startup file.

S!

Gunny

#13 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:39

As far as the "patch changes":

Remember before 1.011 when HDR and Bloom were implemented?

In the old versions, there was a global check for effects - that changed in 1.011 - in that you have to go to the file to disable the effects.

This is why things seem to change for people, patch to patch. It's in the last two patches this has been a large issue.

Also, you cannot run more than 4X AA with effects - you never could. If you try to force it with effects you get 0AA and really bad jaggies.

S!

Gunny

#14 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:42

One day, if SLI/Crossfire are ever implemented you should be able to have it all.
It's the access to more than 1GB of contiguous VRAM.
Just be glad you don't have less than 1GB. Then you can't even run High terrain.

If you think this is a horrible state, all I have to say is:

Remember Il2 Sturmovik and "Perfect" mode in 2002. No one could run it.

The perfect video card for ROF would be one which had a single GPU with 2GB. Not a dual GPU (no GTX 295 or 5970). GTX 295 is the worst as it does not even have a full 1GB of VRAM per GPU. You can't even run high terrain on these. A 5970 will at least run high - but won't clock over a 5870.

One thing I don't know about 5970 is if it drives Eyeinfinity setup (2 or 3 monitors) at higher frames in ROF than 5870. You'd think it would, but I don't know. I only have one monitor at this time so it's not an issue for me yet…

If crossfire is ever enabled, I'll scarf up a 2nd 5870 - but until then….

BTW, ATI users - make sure you let neoqb know that you'd like Crossfire functionality - otherwise if they do make the sim compatible with dual-GPU's (I'm not saying that they will),
they might only address SLI.

S!

Gunny

#15 RAF74_Winger

RAF74_Winger

Posted 05 May 2010 - 00:28

Try disabling all effects including HDR, and then see if your AA holds. There is a limit to how much AA you can have on any card with effects.

So manual will work up to 8X AA (Box or Edge Detect). 16X AF is also possible with manual control.

S! Gunny. That did the trick, I was disabling the effects, but not in the startup.cfg. Once I did that, the AA & AF applied correctly in game. I suppose that's also why they showed up in the hangar - I don't think the post effects are shown there.

W.

#16 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:44

Hi guys, I'm a bit behind this week - work sucks.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had the 2GB 5870?

I have a small feeling that this might be the ultimate ROF card. ROF seems very good about detecting and using Vram, as long as it's attached to SINGLE GPU.

On the other hand, it's possible that access to more than 1GB of VRAM is not enabled in the software.

If a user has a 2GB that they are already using, then we could see if the AA jumps to 8X as max AA in user settings…

S!

Gunny

#17 winger2

winger2

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:03

Hi guys, I'm a bit behind this week - work sucks.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had the 2GB 5870?

I have a small feeling that this might be the ultimate ROF card. ROF seems very good about detecting and using Vram, as long as it's attached to SINGLE GPU.

On the other hand, it's possible that access to more than 1GB of VRAM is not enabled in the software.

If a user has a 2GB that they are already using, then we could see if the AA jumps to 8X as max AA in user settings…

S!

Gunny

I would REALLY love to heave a word from Neoqb if its planned to implement Crossfire Support.
Maybe an aproximate ETA would be nice too.

Winger

#18 voxman

voxman

Posted 15 May 2010 - 19:54

Ok…been playing around with graphics…still got the CPU to tweak and WinXP..but I'm having too much fun getting this thing to go. Anyway, with ATI Tray tools, there's no supersample…at least I haven't seen it. Any ATT users found this option.

Gunny, your settings are real nice…and so far the system runs like butta! Hopefully I'll get online tonight (except my daughter is getting back from DC and I'm sure she'll want to show off pics…we'll see).

#19 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 16 May 2010 - 00:27

Yay! The annoucer croaks, "Voxman is in the saddle!"….

Yeah, let's go kill something tonite :)

I've gotta leave for Germany on Tuesday, so I'm up for flying..

I'll be on TX-teamspeak

S!

Gunny

#20 voxman

voxman

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:07

Yay! The annoucer croaks, "Voxman is in the saddle!"….

Yeah, let's go kill something tonite :)

I've gotta leave for Germany on Tuesday, so I'm up for flying..

I'll be on TX-teamspeak

S!

Gunny

So sorry bud..

She got in a bit late then wanted to show her pictures ( 3000 worth)….just got done..and I'm pretty fried right now….

I don't get time these days….it's just like water slippin' away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users