Photo
- - - - -

Parazaine's Personal Jasta Boelcke Skin

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 23 March 2010 - 18:03

Download Link : http://www.mediafire...z/FDr1_Para.zip">http://www.mediafire...z/FDr1_Para.zip

#2 redbaron1917

redbaron1917

Posted 23 March 2010 - 18:43

I would like to see Werner Voss's Fokker skin complete with his cowl face in this sim –should be in here as a standard.

#3 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 23 March 2010 - 20:44

I would like to see Werner Voss's Fokker skin complete with his cowl face in this sim –should be in here as a standard.

I agree with you. There should be vote pools for 3-4 best historical skins for each plane to be included in game update. Right now we have 3 (T H R E E) Se5a skins in game.
Btw, which one?

#4 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 23 March 2010 - 21:20

Just love your skins 8-)
Of course a big yessss!

#5 redbaron1917

redbaron1917

Posted 23 March 2010 - 21:27

I like the lighter skin but I believe the darker is more historical.

#6 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 23 March 2010 - 21:28

first is more accurate imo…..planes were daubed with olive colored paint. I have always thought the shade in the second version was wrong.

By the way, this is about my skin….if you want to discuss Werner Voss's, start a thread elsewhere lol.

#7 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 24 March 2010 - 00:07

Nice Parazine, always been a sucker for black :)

#8 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:31

guess I must have really pissed some people off to get 9 'no' votes lol

#9 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:06

Gotta love the popularity game, you arent one of the "in" skinning guys so people vote no for you.

#10 =IRFC=MAC

=IRFC=MAC
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:12

Nice looking skin Para. I vote yes. After all it's a personal skin for fun.

#11 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:13

Gotta love the popularity game, you arent one of the "in" skinning guys so people vote no for you.

I think it's more to do with me speaking my mind in multiplayer than to do with skinning….the truth rarely wins you many friends lol.

#12 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 24 March 2010 - 13:41

Well when people are asses if you dont call em on it who will? I gave it a yes vote simply because I think everyone should be able to use their skin and still get their score recorded if they care about the leaderboard.

#13 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 24 March 2010 - 14:00

Thanks.

#14 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:41

Some feedback would be appreciated from those voting 'no'. What are your reasons for disagreeing? I seem to have more 'no' votes than anyone else. I haven't voted 'no' on any poll. If I don't like a skin, i don't vote on it but I appreciate that people want to use personal skins in the game.

If you don't like it, remember, you don't have to download it.

I don't care what your reasons are…i just would like to know them for any future skins I do (unless of course, it has nothing to do with skinning lol).

#15 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 25 March 2010 - 14:06

Like I said Parazine, you unfortunatly arent one of the popular skinners. If its any consolation though anther person has a near split 50/50 on his skin and its a grey one. Some people are petty at least you step up to show people your skins, people like me just use them and appreciate the work involved, then there are the closet artists who criticize things yet never produce a thing. I think that group is the one voting no on you. Only this time they arent commenting just clicking and running.

#16 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:17

I know there are a lot of thinkers and believers in these forums…so here is some info that will allow you to know as opposed to believe, guess, think, etc…

http://www.fokkerdr1.com/103_17.htm

The Voss skin for 103 should be more like the second one. The FI (as opposed to DRI) triplanes were for the most part "unfinished" when compared to the later DRIs. The paint scheme being one of the notable unfinished points…

Please reference the folling website with some fantastic photos of FI 103 (Voss' plane). 103 is unquestionably lighter than the production DRIs. Why? I dont know. Maybe he painted it, maybe they rushed it out of the factory, who knows.

You can also see that Voss airplane doesnt have a yellow cowling or wheel covers. you can see this easily if you look at DRI 454, which is LvRs triplane. When you look at his tripe, notice how the normally white background of the iron cross is dark. Considering the trade mark color of Jasta 11 is red (hence the red cowl, wheels, interplane struts and cabanes) the background of the cross looks more red than green.

at any rate, some "evidence" to help with your thoughts and beliefs on Voss' plane…

#17 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:01

:shock: Again can't understand all the "no"…for one of the nicest skin :(
Incredible!

#18 Xegie

Xegie

Posted 26 March 2010 - 18:24

i woudlnt pick these colors, but i dont understand ppl vote no, thers nothing wrong with it you got my vote ..

#19 j99Kobold

j99Kobold

Posted 29 March 2010 - 00:03

Nice work Sir, i voted Yes

#20 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:52

Please note a couple of things that need attention:

1. Your skin file name ("FDr1Para.dds") needs to be changed to match the others: e.g., "FDr1_Para.dds"

2. Your preview picture isn't too bad, but it probably should be zoomed in a bit more, per Lefty's posted instructions.

Good luck!

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#21 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:51

Edited as per instructions.

#22 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 30 March 2010 - 18:56

Nice skin, I voted for it. :D

#23 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:19

I know there are a lot of thinkers and believers in these forums…so here is some info that will allow you to know as opposed to believe, guess, think, etc…

http://www.fokkerdr1.com/103_17.htm">http://www.fokkerdr1.com/103_17.htm

The Voss skin for 103 should be more like the second one. The FI (as opposed to DRI) triplanes were for the most part "unfinished" when compared to the later DRIs. The paint scheme being one of the notable unfinished points…

Please reference the folling website with some fantastic photos of FI 103 (Voss' plane). 103 is unquestionably lighter than the production DRIs. Why? I dont know. Maybe he painted it, maybe they rushed it out of the factory, who knows.

You can also see that Voss airplane doesnt have a yellow cowling or wheel covers. you can see this easily if you look at DRI 454, which is LvRs triplane. When you look at his tripe, notice how the normally white background of the iron cross is dark. Considering the trade mark color of Jasta 11 is red (hence the red cowl, wheels, interplane struts and cabanes) the background of the cross looks more red than green.

at any rate, some "evidence" to help with your thoughts and beliefs on Voss' plane…

Firstly, i don't see any DR1's to compare the F1's color with in any photos here.

Secondly, it is a fact that yellows in old black and white photo's appear much darker, almost black as the photo deteriorates due to time and oxidation.

Thirdly, the color 'report' is a well-known fake and represents nothing.

The paint used to daub even production models is described as 'olive' i.e. dark green not some light pastel green. Perhaps his F1 was a lighter colour but it would still not be the unrealistic color of the second example Tvrdi posted imo. How you expect to come to hard and fast conclusions of color based on old black and white photos and a fake report is beyond me.

#24 Godswarrior

Godswarrior

Posted 01 April 2010 - 13:11

Parazaine, I voted yes, because we all wanna fly our own colors online. A few months and MP will be a literal flying circus.

I think people are voting no because they are judging even the "for fun" skins by relative historical standards. So if they don't look like they could be historical, then you might get more no's than you want. I think the black and orange is just off putting to some people.

So just take no's with a grain of salt, and hope the yes's outweigh the no's (which your not having any real problems with).

I haven't voted no on any fun ones, but some people might simply because they don't like em :(

#25 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 01 April 2010 - 17:02

There are some truly bright and horrendous historical schemes so I disagree that my black and orange one is 'non-historical'. What about MvR's bright red ones and the ones with flowers all over lol? Thanks for voting yes though.

#26 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 01 April 2010 - 17:08

It's pretty sad that people use your thread to campaign for historical skins when they can't be assed to submit them themselves. I voted for all your skins because I pretty much agree with all you said but most importantly because it is your personal skin(s). :)

This really enrages me actually, some lazy slob just posts "I'd like to see XXX" when he could "easily" do it himself. Obviously it takes time but surely not everyone of us is a professional 2D artist.

#27 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:24

Poll concluded; thread locked.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users