Photo
- - - - -

Reflected's personal Nieuport 17 skin - La Quiberonnaise

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 17 March 2010 - 16:22

Here's a fictional Ni17 skin I made. Flown by a fictional French pilot from "Bretagne".
It has tricolor stripes on the wings, and "L'Hermine", the symbol of Britanny on the fuselage.

UPDATED:

After talking to Panthercules, I've changed the title of the topic and the name of the skin in order to conform with other personal skins, and also to make 100% clear that I intend to use it as my personal skin.

However: I've changed the skin too: instead of my girlfriend's name, now it says "La Quiberonnaise", so that anyone else can use it too! ;)

NOTE: I intend to use it as a personal skin, so please give me a reason if you vote against it.

Attached Files

#2 hq_Conga

hq_Conga

Posted 17 March 2010 - 16:27

thumbs up for me :D

i was sure you would have posted a SE5a skin first ;)

great job Reflected !

#3 kugelfang

kugelfang

Posted 17 March 2010 - 17:17

nice one, like the pseudohistorical appearance.

#4 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 17 March 2010 - 18:19

Thanks guys! It's nothing like pink and yellow polka dots, I think it could have been a real paintjob as well.

As for the SE5a skin, it's 95% fubar's work, so I he has to post it - and I hope he will.

Keep on voting, remember, if you don't like it, you don't have to download it when/ if it gets included ;)

#5 AI-Neoqb

AI-Neoqb

Posted 17 March 2010 - 20:03

Not valid yet.

First - only one screenshot allowed here - choose what one is.
Second - 14 days period of voting.

Fix both ASAP if you want it to be approved.

#6 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 17 March 2010 - 20:36

I got it Lefty! ;)

(I knew I wouldn't get everything right :lol: )

#7 AI-Neoqb

AI-Neoqb

Posted 17 March 2010 - 20:39

You forget to delete a second screen - fixed this by myself… ;)

#8 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 17 March 2010 - 21:46

Great skin Greg! I'm half Breton myself, i couldn't miss that :D

#9 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:45

Sorry Lefty, I thought the small picture didn't count as a screenshot. Some people were complaining that these pictures are too small to see anything, that's why I posted more & bigger shots.

Fifi, good to hear that. I have plenty of friends in Bretagne, it's my 2nd homeland ;) Kenavo!

#10 AI-Neoqb

AI-Neoqb

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:57

Sorry Lefty, I thought the small picture didn't count as a screenshot. Some people were complaining that these pictures are too small to see anything, that's why I posted more & bigger shots.

You don't have to be sorry at all - just put here one and bigger (1024x768) screnn. That's it…

#11 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 18 March 2010 - 21:26

Well, I think I'll leave this one, because every feature can be seen from this angle.

#12 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 19 March 2010 - 13:23

I'd love to know why those 5 people think this skin shouldn't be available with mods=off . I might even learn from your opinions :roll:

#13 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:21

The number of votes against this skin keeps growing, but not a trace of a comment…can you tell me why? The color is the same as on stock skins, the stripes use the color of the roundels. I was careful not to make the black parts too dark. What's wrong?

#14 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:00

Great looking skin! No idea why the "no" voters tend not to explain why - it's happening some over in the historical polls as well, so you're not alone.

In order to conform to the naming convention in the clarified guidelines (posted here: http://riseofflight....hp?f=112&t=8450">viewtopic.php?f=112&t=8450 ), please make this skin name string start with "z " in all 5 localization sections.

Also, when you update your .txt file, can you please make the uploaded file a "normal" .zip file? (Not sure exactly why, but the devs and/or other moderators seem to want it that way).

Good luck - looks great!

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#15 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 25 March 2010 - 14:40

Only in the txt file? No need to add the "z" to the actual file name? Sorry, it's not entirely clear..

#16 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:37

Only in the txt file? No need to add the "z" to the actual file name? Sorry, it's not entirely clear..

That's correct - the file names themselves (for the .dds, .jpg and .txt files) do not involve the "z " - that only comes into play in the "<displayed paint scheme name>" string in the five localization sections inside the required .txt file. Using one example from your .txt file, the part in blue below is where the "z " should be added (of course, it needs to be added to each of the five sections, not just the ENG one):

ENG:
"graphics\Skins\nieuport17\N17_Bretagne.dds" "z Briton Nieuport" "Fictional Nieuport 17 with tricolor stripes and the sympol of Britanny"

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#17 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:19

OK, updated!

Look, the votes against my skin keeps growing. Why shouldn't I be able to use this as my personal skin?! You know it's really annoying to work on it for hours and hours and you guys just click no without telling me why. You don't like it, don't download it. But let me use it…please.

#18 hq_Conga

hq_Conga

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:07

OK, updated!

Look, the votes against my skin keeps growing. Why shouldn't I be able to use this as my personal skin?! You know it's really annoying to work on it for hours and hours and you guys just click no without telling me why. You don't like it, don't download it. But let me use it…please.

+1

i don't get why someone should vote no to a personal skin,especially when pseudo-historical and "sober" like this one.

I think you must tell why you vote no. There's no «i like, i don't» thing. I could understand on a pink and green hello kitty 1917 skin, but on this one i don't really get the point of voting "no".

My only suspect is that other skinmakers are trying to sabotate someone else's skin in order to get included in the first skin-pack. I really hope to be proved wrong.

#19 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:26

OK, updated!

+1

i don't get why someone should vote no to a personal skin,especially when pseudo-historical and "sober" like this one.

I think you must tell why you vote no. There's no «i like, i don't» thing. I could understand on a pink and green hello kitty 1917 skin, but on this one i don't really get the point of voting "no".

My only suspect is that other skinmakers are trying to sabotate someone else's skin in order to get included in the first skin-pack. I really hope to be proved wrong.

If that's the case, and it's a race between skinners, everyone against everyone, then this skin business is heading in the wrong direction. I for one don't see the importance of polls in case of personal skins at all :?

#20 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:47

Don't think it's a race betwin skinner at all. That would be so stupid!
But i just hope our Russian friends are not playing this bad way of doing (cause nobody give explainations for the "no")…
It's just a thought, hoping i'm really wrong :?
Anyway, will never know…

#21 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:12

Updated!
See first post.

#22 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:05

Hmmm. I wonder if people are voting against the system?
With something like 80,000 users there are potentially 80,000 polls to plough through.
Perhaps the system needs changing.
Cheers.

#23 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:32

I've had the same thing with some of my personal skins. I agree that it's annoying that people are voting 'no' with complete anonymity and no reasons.

As all the skins are going to be approved (or not) by moderators, I don't see the need for public votes anyway.

I'm voting yes for all skins unless I dislike them in which case I don't vote at all rather than voting 'no'.

#24 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:47

I voted for this

#25 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:31

Poll closed; thread locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users