Photo
- - - - -

1.011 Update Full Change List

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#121 Caspermilktoast

Caspermilktoast

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:18

Just had a dogfight, 5 on 10 at about 4000m with lots of cloud cover at 3000m….Stunning! This is now "Rise fo Fligh 2" I am very impressed. Its like playing a whole new improved game.

Thanks so much for the hard work guys…

I saw the bomber outlines when i was picking planes in quik mission builder…my mouth is watering!

CMT

#122 Von_Lustig

Von_Lustig

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:48

Shame on you, neoqb!
Now my spouse will definitely divorce me… :lol:
I quickly purchased the Fokker D.VIIF before the lawyer I'll be forced to hire vacuums all my $$! :mrgreen:

#123 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:03

I gave it a try yesterday. The update went smoothly. Let me share my opinion with you:

+ The QMB is amazing. I can't imagine how it could be made better. it's a source of infinite possibilities, you can even scramble with sirens and all that..So many things to set, still easy to handle wow…top notch work there!!!

+ Offline mode - no comment needed. Thank you!

+ The new rain effect - I love it! Now I only fly in rain!!! :D The big drops, and the way they move, always relative to the speed and the direction you look at..The old one was great, but this is breathtaking! - Did I see droplets on my google when I flew through a cloud? If yes, another kudo for the devs!

+ Wounded effect: I had no problems with the eye of Sauron, but this one is 10000x better.
Ecerything goes quiet & there comes that high pitch sound, the image is blurry and bloody. I don't know whose idea it was, but he has a brilliant mind!!! Also, injury is a lot more serious now than before. I reckon this is right. If you get hit by a 7 mm bullet that must have some serious effect on your body. just like in game now. Eddie Rickenbacker wrote in his book that he always aimed at the pilot, and he was able to disable planes in one burst upon surprise attacks. Now it's possible in RoF too. Great improvement there!!!

+ The gameplay seems to be smoother (win7 64 + MS FFB2), better FPS! Thank you!

+ The campaign mode: some OFF atmosphere there!!! I can't wait to have some nice user created ones (56 sqn career and stuff like that )

+ Windsocks: now I know what direction to land in. Thank you!!!

+ IS AI better now? :shock:

- The HDR effect is way too much for my liking so I turned it off. RoF looks perfect without it, so why bother? :)

- Longer loading times! - or at least the QMB missions take a hell of a time to load. Any guesses why?

- The DVIIF is a beautiful plane to fly, but it completely pwns everything else out there. It's too much better than any entente planes I hope it won't be available in every mission online, and if yes, only 1 or 2 otherwise it will completely throw off the balance, and not even that 3 players would choose the entente side against 6-7 centrals. Now it will be 1 entente vs 3 dr1s and 4 D7Fs…I hope I'll be proven wrong.

- The AI seems to do the same maneuver over and over again! He rools on to his back, stick forward, negative G, then he makes a split S. It's like barrel rolls in il2 :(

#124 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:55

S!

Nice changes, been sick for a bit and come back to this.

Viks, I pm you some of my skins hope can get approved.

Also will update the historical skins thread at some point this weekend, been a while, soz been busy irl.

#125 Ogami_musashi

Ogami_musashi

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:45

15. VIEW: "Allow spectators" option completed. Now if it's off, then any user is only able to look from his cockpit or friendly camera operator.

17. PLANE AI: Planes AI settings are now specified not in code but in config files, so now tuning them is easier for modders.

I does not understand these 2 points.pls help :)

Le 15 veut dire que tu as une option serveur pour autoriser ou non les pilotes a utiliser les vues externes.

Plus précisement, si c'est sur Off, tu peux soit etre juste dans ton cockpit, soit voir tes aliés mais pas tes ennemis.

#126 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:57

- Longer loading times! - or at least the QMB missions take a hell of a time to load. Any guesses why?

My guess is that the mission needs to be generated every time you start it.

#127 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:14

My QMB load very fast.

#128 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:11

thx Ogami, nice option

#129 Cobra6

Cobra6

Posted 04 March 2010 - 15:08

26. GUI: MG convergence setting storing added.

Very nice! I was waiting for that :)

#130 =IRFC=AirBiscuit

=IRFC=AirBiscuit
  • LocationNaples, FL USA

Posted 04 March 2010 - 15:45

Reflected, I share mostly the same praises and criticisms you wrote. Specifically, tho..

+ The QMB is amazing. I can't imagine how it could be made better. it's a source of infinite possibilities, you can even scramble with sirens and all that..So many things to set, still easy to handle wow…top notch work there!!!

The ability to save these missions for multiplayer? :)

- The DVIIF is a beautiful plane to fly, but it completely pwns everything else out there. It's too much better than any entente planes I hope it won't be available in every mission online, and if yes, only 1 or 2 otherwise it will completely throw off the balance, and not even that 3 players would choose the entente side against 6-7 centrals. Now it will be 1 entente vs 3 dr1s and 4 D7Fs…I hope I'll be proven wrong.

Agreed. This plane simply rapes everything else in the game. And since the Dr.I wasn't nerfed at all for higher altitudes (it's too fast > 2km), the Central Powers are now equipped to basically dominate the high skies. The SE5a and SPAD are slower than the D.VII(f) at higher altitudes, and of course they can't turn nearly as well. Handling Dr.I's in an SE5a at 3km was hard enough. Fighting D.VII(f)'s is suicide. I fear this plane will really hurt MP. We'll see, tho..

=IRFC=Air Biscuit

http://quetoo.org

#131 Herodotus

Herodotus
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 March 2010 - 15:49

Anyone else noticed a distinct increase in the sound quaity of the engines and MG's for the aircraft? I flew three of my favourites (SE5a, Alby V and Camel) last night and the SE5a sounded like a brute, with the guns giving off a much "punchier" effect. Who needs FFB?

#132 Sirocco

Sirocco

Posted 04 March 2010 - 16:09

My QMB load very fast.

Ditto.

#133 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 04 March 2010 - 16:43

Make sure to turn off all the options at the bottom you don't want, vehicles etc. This seems to speed the qmb loading process.

#134 gabor4122

gabor4122

Posted 04 March 2010 - 18:36

My QMB load very fast.

Ditto.

What do you mean by fast? How many seconds?

#135 Sirocco

Sirocco

Posted 04 March 2010 - 18:54

My QMB load very fast.

Ditto.

What do you mean by fast? How many seconds?

I would have to go back in and test, but first QMB load was noticeable quicker than before, and second was definitely under ten seconds, though it seemed instant at the time. I'll be sure to test it when I have time.

#136 Hidamen

Hidamen

Posted 04 March 2010 - 18:57

Hello All,

I've found a error.

When i load my career (Fokker DVII) it suddenly changes for the hat in the ring mission and one of the weird things that happen besides change from nothing to the HitR mission is that when the mission loads it load totally zoomed to the inferior left corner and nothing on the map as well.

Does anyone faced the same issue or something like it !?

Thanks

Edit 1: Following the record of the error (sorry for the quality)
http://www.2shared.c.../RoF_Error.html">http://www.2shared.c...ile/11846403/99 … Error.html

#137 Flying_Dutchman

Flying_Dutchman

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:32

Hi all,

I have since the update a major fps issue.
Offline it's a true slideshow.
Online its better but hardly playable.

I didn't change any setting on my machine.

Can't find out where this came from, before the update it ran as smooth as silk.
Now its stuttering all over the place.

Any hints?

#138 Stranger491

Stranger491

Posted 05 March 2010 - 20:31

It may be the new effects they added. Try going to the settings and turning HDR off.

#139 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Posted 05 March 2010 - 21:20

Lost my input settings in the start up page where do you go to set up your joy stick cannot get my throttle control to work cannot set any joy stick controls help please . Why did they take out the input map i liked it it was easy to set all controls :?:

#140 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 05 March 2010 - 22:20

My post might be lost here but since latest patch i have S-t-t-u-u-t-ters
(esp. massive stutters in second HitR mission)
and also whenb i try to start a second mission after one is completed i can bet on a
CRASH TO DESKTOP!Really every second time.It could not be much worser than this because all was fine before patch and now it´s unplayable for me.Great :x

#141 Hyneman

Hyneman

Posted 05 March 2010 - 22:34

My game also crashed after trying to start the second mission.
But the rest of the game seems pretty stable, I had no other crash (even no crash in multiplayer).

#142 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:03

Lost my input settings in the start up page where do you go to set up your joy stick cannot get my throttle control to work cannot set any joy stick controls help please . Why did they take out the input map i liked it it was easy to set all controls :?:
I was wondering this as well with the new DVIIF went to set it up in setup and they removed the tag bummer :?

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#143 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:15

14. MULTIPLAYER: System chat messages added (Player connected, Player exited, Player banned, Player kicked, Player pilot killed, Player A shot down Player B).

Pls,can one erase that? in a file perhaps?

#144 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:43

I was wondering this as well with the new DVIIF went to set it up in setup and they removed the tag bummer :?
Got it way hay, go to options in game pick the control you want to change for example cockpit camera view, double click, up comes the same as the start up old tab, (assign key) gentle with the mouse same as last time, pick the button on your joystick,apply,save and hay presto, cam assigned to that button ;)

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#145 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Posted 07 March 2010 - 00:14

Thanks much apreciated

#146 jamie

jamie

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:03

I'm not sure if this bug was caused by the update but I've not come across it before. I went to play a single player career mission for the DRI (logged in online). You select the career mission, the date being 16 June 1918. You are then taken to the mission screen and it correctly displays the DR1. When you go to the hanger to change fuel, ammo etc the Spad is displayed.

Start the mission and you are on the ground in a Spad in an area off the map, in the middle of a fire fight between tanks. Parked on the flight line right next to you is a train sitting on the grass! Take off and try to finish the mission and it won't let you. The only way to get out of it is to exit out of the game or back to the main menu.

These are some screen grabs from the mission discription and the map where you start the flight in the bottom left hand corner completey off the main map.

#147 Eldur

Eldur

Posted 07 March 2010 - 14:45

16 killed my feeling for the radiator control (I never had to look at the sliders in the cockpit, now I have to). I have mixture on a slider anyway, but I don't have another one free for the radiator shutters. Please change it back to the old behaviour and add a switch to enable the smoothing for those who prefer it now. This will make everybody happy.

Seems I have gotten used to it now, so it's no problem anymore :D

And it was a great hint of another user here to map the altitude throttle to the same axis the mixture is mapped to.

#148 [Fr]Vylsain

[Fr]Vylsain

Posted 07 March 2010 - 21:50

lag went worse for me with this patch… :evil:
is it due to implementation of slipstream in MP since 1.009 ?
If it is, maybe it is not so essential since it is very gluton in ressources and, who noticed the modification ?

#149 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:58

Hmm…I've just read through all the threads of people complaining about new bugs that this patch has brought up. I feel exceptionally lucky, because this patch meant a great improvement for me (ok, apart from the loading times), but apparently it made the game unplayable for others. It seems to be the case with every update. I anticipate 1.012, but I also fear it a bit. What if next time I'll be among the unlucky? :?

Good luck to y'all fixing the newborn problems with 1.011, because when it's working as it should, Rof 1.011 is an outstanding sim.

#150 Flying_Dutchman

Flying_Dutchman

Posted 08 March 2010 - 13:55

Rof 1.011 is an outstanding sim.

I completely agree, i'm very happy with ROF (before the patch).
No other sim has the same emmersion as ROF has, imo.
Sad part is, i can't use it at the moment.

#151 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 08 March 2010 - 14:45

See this is WHY they need open betas. Instead we have a cloistered community of beta testers that obviously isnt a wide enough sampling of computer setups. Now we went from people who had framrate issues to people who cant get any frames…bravo.

#152 Lulac

Lulac

Posted 08 March 2010 - 19:23

Just great!!!

After two days plying with new patch 1.011 i thought, thanks goodness, the stuttering is gone…. For those two days simulation run smoothly till this moment!!! The annoying stuttering is BACK ! ! ! :twisted: I just bought new Fokker VIIF and wanted to tray it and then i notice in quick mission builder f***ing thing…

:evil: :evil: :evil:

#153 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 08 March 2010 - 21:07

Somone posted a thread on how he corrected the stuttering on his computer. He is running the sim in winXP mode. I guess he found when he unplugged his joystick the stuttering went completely away, when he rinstalled it the stuttering is back. So he ran in compatability mode with an older OS and I guess its running more chop free.

#154 Flying_Dutchman

Flying_Dutchman

Posted 08 March 2010 - 22:26

Somone posted a thread on how he corrected the stuttering on his computer. He is running the sim in winXP mode. I guess he found when he unplugged his joystick the stuttering went completely away, when he rinstalled it the stuttering is back. So he ran in compatability mode with an older OS and I guess its running more chop free.

Thx Viper i'll try this!

#155 Hidamen

Hidamen

Posted 08 March 2010 - 23:04

Hello All,

After the error that i get I've erased the fokker DVIII career and started a new career with the Fokker DR1 and EXACTLY the same error happened !!!!!!

WTF i can't play career anymore …. after a few missions it goes insane and drop me to the HotR campaign !!

Please neoqb tell me what's happening !!!! im tired of loosing careers !!!! which is the best way to play the game ….

Really thanks

(Hello All,

I've found a error.

When i load my career (Fokker DVII) it suddenly changes for the hat in the ring mission and one of the weird things that happen besides change from nothing to the HitR mission is that when the mission loads it load totally zoomed to the inferior left corner and nothing on the map as well.

Does anyone faced the same issue or something like it !?

Thanks

Edit 1: Following the record of the error (sorry for the quality)
http://www.2shared.c...ile/11846403/99">http://www.2shared.c...ile/11846403/99 … Error.html)

#156 GreyFox5

GreyFox5

Posted 09 March 2010 - 18:29

I have a two monitor setup so I can see my Ventrilo or Team Speak and my system monitoring tools. I use http://www.moo0.com/">http://www.moo0.com/ system monitor and a Gadget for Windows 7 called All CPU Meter V1.2. Yesterday I noticed that since I applied the patch my Dual Core system the CPUs are sitting at 100% usage the whole time I'm in the game and the Bottleneck is showing RoF so maybe there is something spiking the system that wasn't in the game before. I've turned off the grass and basically turned down all the setting that I could and it a little more playable now. But I can still see studdering in game that I didn't have before. I'm going to try running the game in XP compatibility mode and see if that helps me out. I still think this was a good and necessary patch hopefully after some refinements the next patch will resolve these issues.

Cheers!

Fox

Looks like the studdering stopped with using RoF in compatibility mode (XP with SP3) but the Processors are still spiked at 100% and there is a lot of hard drive activity. But the playability is good. :)

#157 Ogami_musashi

Ogami_musashi

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:29

Vylsain"]lag went worse for me with this patch… :evil:
is it due to implementation of slipstream in MP since 1.009 ?
If it is, maybe it is not so essential since it is very gluton in ressources and, who noticed the modification ?

No it isn't.

#158 Sirocco

Sirocco

Posted 11 March 2010 - 15:23

After putting in a bit more stick time I haven't come across a single rof.exe error yet, and I can also view saved tracks without it crashing, which was a big problem before. So thumbs up on that score from me.

#159 =IRFC=AirBiscuit

=IRFC=AirBiscuit
  • LocationNaples, FL USA

Posted 11 March 2010 - 18:53

I still get rof.exe errors within minutes of going online at max settings. In single player, I can run 10 plane furballs all day without any crashes :?

=IRFC=Air Biscuit

http://quetoo.org

#160 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 11 March 2010 - 19:18

A squadmate of mine has the same problem. Ever since the new patch he cant play even when his graphic memory set to <20%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users