Photo
- - - - -

1.011 Update Full Change List

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#41 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:10

Good update, some nice fixes. Would've loved to see atleast one or two flightmodel or damagemodel fixes though. I hope the devs will have time for this in the coming months.

If you want that, provide Neoqb with concrete hard data. This impossible to correct something just by the feeling of some people that, "it is wrong".

I really don't want to go OT, but I don't know what hard data would anyone need to see what's wrong with this picture:

Attached Images

• 2ziy6j4.jpg

#42 Ogami_musashi

Ogami_musashi

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:15

Good update, some nice fixes. Would've loved to see atleast one or two flightmodel or damagemodel fixes though. I hope the devs will have time for this in the coming months.

If you want that, provide Neoqb with concrete hard data. This impossible to correct something just by the feeling of some people that, "it is wrong".

I really don't want to go OT, but I don't know what hard data would anyone need to see what's wrong with this picture:

A new updated FAQ will show up; your example is good.

Your image is a good start, but not enough. What can be concluded from that? We don't see the motion of the plane (eh it's an image), we don't know what you're doing with the stick etc..

Do you understand that it impossible to change something on vague images or feelings?

It was not pejorative, what i wanted to say it is that you know Neoqb is listening (see the change list) but to change it is important to bring hard data and facts!

For example, People complain(ed) about camel being UFO, to maneuverable etc.. etc.. quoting MP experience; Most of them didn't know in MP many fly camels (and dR.I) with as low as 10% fuel; this changes completly the validity of the complain because in reality a 100% full camel is not an UFO at all.

This doesn't mean anything is perfect, it just means that a request has to be valid to be useful

#43 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:18

I know what I wasn't doing: spinning down and smashing myself on the ground…

#44 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:20

Oh boy, my friends will miss me on those WoP multiplayer sessions late night. Back to ROF!!! Thank you NeoQB. :)

#45 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:20

ooo, my pants is gittin tight

#46 Ogami_musashi

Ogami_musashi

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:21

I know what I wasn't doing: spinning down and smashing myself on the ground…

I'm sorry; but would you expect Neoqb to change simply because "i wasn't spinning down and smashing myself on the ground"?

I didn't say your problem was not a problem, i said what you bring is not enough..bring me a track!

I'd be really pleased to relay it to neoqb so that a change can be made later, but clearly an image and a record is not enough.

#47 MattM

MattM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:22

There's been like a few dozen FM dicussions worth reading imho. I think the Pfalz DXII nose-down is pretty obvious anyway, as are most other flaws (spin recovery). I don't want to make this a FM thread also.

Your image is a good start, but not enough. What can be concluded from that? We don't see the motion of the plane (eh it's an image), we don't know what you're doing with the stick etc..
Sorry, but this happens in almost every second multiplayer (or singleplayer) match with the DR1 in it. It's not like this is something that shows up every 10 years or so.

Anyway, back to the update:
Did the input settings disappeard for everyone else or just me? I can only change it ingame and it doesn't seem to recognize my Saitek Throttle properly there.

EDIT: Nevermind, i edited the input file and now it works.

EDIT2: Did the free-flight (take-off) missions disappear also? Or are they hiding somewhere?

#48 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:26

OMG you guys are the damned beta testers, why do we need to supply you with data is that not what you are to be doing? Tell me you have not noticed rounds doing nothing to occupants of a planes fuselage, planes flying with no wings. Crap when a plane crashes from terminal velocity its fuselage gets wrinkled maybe, but the damage model needs more data! hahaha

Other then the obvious arcade crap(kill notification) the patch looks good on paper, but then again didnt they all.

On the topic of kill notification. Wasnt faking being out of control or knocked out a viable tactics used during WW1? Heck the fight Voss was in a pilot did that to escape him. Now we have "Uber weenie has killed Lawn Dart" well at least we got the kill notification to complete the Halo experience.

#49 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:29

and how do you know it is right :mrgreen:

#50 Ogami_musashi

Ogami_musashi

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:32

and how do you know it is right :mrgreen:

read messages carefully, then comment.

#51 hogweed

hogweed

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:35

i guys, your work is great but i have a little big problem.
after game update to 1.011 the planes i bought on store are no more available.
i can only fly the spad!!

please help ^^ maybe there is something wrong with online login?

#52 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:40

…and how do you know it is right :mrgreen:

It's merely a starting point. You know that.

Don't be so challenging just to be challenging. Data is compiled, physics are applied, programmed and tweaked. If there is an inaccuracy in the math, An.Petrovich will address it. You may not get the answer you want, but he's certainly open to discussion.

Now, back to the previously programmed show… :P

#53 Trouble4u

Trouble4u

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:46

D.VIIf is just beautiful! Thanks neoqb!

I'm supposed to be at work right now but spent the past hour playing this game! :mrgreen:

#54 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:49

And I have to go to work now but I hadd a quick in and out and WOW, thank you Neoqb.

I love the new plane and I have the impression that everything looks even better than it already did.

~S~

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#55 Ogami_musashi

Ogami_musashi

There's been like a few dozen FM dicussions worth reading imho. I think the Pfalz DXII nose-down is pretty obvious anyway, as are most other flaws (spin recovery). I don't want to make this a FM thread also.

Sorry, but this happens in almost every second multiplayer (or singleplayer) match with the DR1 in it. It's not like this is something that shows up every 10 years or so.

Anyway, back to the update:
Did the input settings disappeard for everyone else or just me? I can only change it ingame and it doesn't seem to recognize my Saitek Throttle properly there.

EDIT: Nevermind, i edited the input file and now it works.

EDIT2: Did the free-flight (take-off) missions disappear also? Or are they hiding somewhere?

let's discuss it here ok?

http://riseofflight....php?f=49&t=7749">viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7749

#56 Sirocco

Sirocco

26. GUI: MG convergence setting storing added.Hmmmmm…no comments on this one yet? :roll:
If skins or fuel-load would've saved also, i would've mentioned it already (and it would probably be the best feature in this update for me). But since the convergence is the only thing i never change at all, it's not worth mentioning for me. But it's one step in the right direction.

I change convergence and fuel load, so it's a 50% improvement for me. But that's after six months of banging on about it. Hopefully the other items have been added, but not noted. At least that's the hope.

5. MAIN: Dynamic Windsocks added to Fly Now missions, Quick Missions and Fast Co-op missions.

No windsocks in career mode?

#57 ankoufly

ankoufly

Posted 03 March 2010 - 14:55

very good job, Thanks!!!! (hope we ll have some cows in next patch :mrgreen: )

#58 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 03 March 2010 - 15:01

I´m downloading it.

But I have to wait until friday :cry: ….then I can try out the new QMB. :D

#59 =IRFC=Sparrow

=IRFC=Sparrow

Posted 03 March 2010 - 15:02

Salute Devs:

It has all been said.

Many thx:

#60 Baal2

Baal2

Posted 03 March 2010 - 15:04

very good job, Thanks!!!! (hope we ll have some cows in next patch :mrgreen: )

YES, and BIRDS, lots of them :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !!

#61 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 03 March 2010 - 15:15

I change convergence and fuel load, so it's a 50% improvement for me. But that's after six months of banging on about it. Hopefully the other items have been added, but not noted. At least that's the hope.

I have the same hope that it will all be as we would collectively like it to be. I said in the thread the other day SOME of what you ask for is in this release (relative to the storing of hangar settings). The amount of time that there's been "banging on about it" is really irrelevant.

Makes me wonder how some people can be given a $100 bill and still complain about not having one for their other hand. (and no Sirocco, that's not directed right at you)

#62 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 03 March 2010 - 15:32

Just tried a quick flight b4 work and the new quick mission screen & new icons is brilliant, top marks devs, particularly like the choice of enemies not had a chance to look at it all yet, but graphics look more detailed, but darker (contrast) is there a Gamma adjuster? like I said not had a chance to try it all yet gotta go work, Hmmmm shall I phone in sick :lol:

P.S getting a 404 on the bundle page gotta have the new F hope its bundled :)

#63 Sirocco

Sirocco

Posted 03 March 2010 - 15:41

The amount of time that there's been "banging on about it" is really irrelevant.

Of course it's relevant. Six months for a fix? How many months for MP spectate fixes?

I'm stunned you think these timeframes are not an issue in themselves.

#64 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 03 March 2010 - 15:47

Those aren't fixes no matter how badly you want for them to be. They're community requested changes. There IS a difference.

;)

#65 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 March 2010 - 15:53

Yeah, they're more like features than fixes.

#66 Sirocco

Sirocco

Posted 03 March 2010 - 16:17

Those aren't fixes no matter how badly you want for them to be. They're community requested changes. There IS a difference.

MP spectate WAS broken. However badly you want to be pedantic about it.

#67 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 03 March 2010 - 16:29

LOL…believe me, pedantic is the wrong word. No, no pedantry here. Granted, I agree MP spectate, if it wasn't broken, then I don't have a descriptive that suits it, o.k.?, but don't attach your own desires like a rider on a popular political bill that people will pass out of ignorance. Let's keep it in little chunks that are easily chewed.

Or we can go and enjoy the new update for what it is.

#68 =IRFC=AirBiscuit

=IRFC=AirBiscuit
  • LocationNaples, FL USA

Posted 03 March 2010 - 16:51

Granted, I agree MP spectate, if it wasn't broken, then I don't have a descriptive that suits it, o.k.?

The term is "regression," and sadly, they happen all the time in software development. Spectator mode suffered a regression with 1.010; that's all. Yes, it did take a long time for it to be fixed, but we all survived :lol: and 1.011 is looking great.

=IRFC=Air Biscuit

http://quetoo.org

#69 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 03 March 2010 - 16:53

Boy arent we all cheerfull now that we got the beta tester tag :P

#70 =FB=VikS

=FB=VikS
  • Developer

Posted 03 March 2010 - 16:57

i guys, your work is great but i have a little big problem.
after game update to 1.011 the planes i bought on store are no more available.
i can only fly the spad!!

please help ^^ maybe there is something wrong with online login?

We found a problem and fixed it, please check your airplanes availability and sorry for inconvinience.

#71 Sirocco

Sirocco

Posted 03 March 2010 - 17:12

LOL…believe me, pedantic is the wrong word. No, no pedantry here. Granted, I agree MP spectate, if it wasn't broken, then I don't have a descriptive that suits it, o.k.?, but don't attach your own desires like a rider on a popular political bill that people will pass out of ignorance. Let's keep it in little chunks that are easily chewed.

Or we can go and enjoy the new update for what it is.

I'm just going to call a spade a spade, good and bad.

#72 Sirocco

Sirocco

Posted 03 March 2010 - 17:18

Just had time for a quick look, solely at the new quick mission generator.

The first thing, and I don't think this has been mentioned, even in the patch notes, but the second flight I started loaded INSTANTLY. No loading time. That is a huge step forward, and probably the most important change of all, IMHO.

The HDR is a little dark for me, even at 50% gamma. Next time I'll try 80%. The aircraft have a "ghostly" shimmer which I think is maybe a bit overdone. It's attractive, but maybe slightly too much.

I love how aircraft waggle their wings a bit in flight. Again, maybe a touch overdone, but I'll leave that for others to judge.

You can't change location for the missions in the QMG? That's a real disappoinment. Hopefully in time we'll get more mission options, too.

The Camel by default starts with a bomb load, at least it does in the duel mission. Also in the duel mission after shooting down your first opponent another one shows up. That was quite a surprise as I was on final to land. Perhaps I just missed the option to limit it to one.

#73 Ogami_musashi

Ogami_musashi

Posted 03 March 2010 - 17:20

Just had time for a quick look, solely at the new quick mission generator.

The first thing, and I don't think this has been mentioned, even in the patch notes, but the second flight I started loaded INSTANTLY. No loading time. That is a huge step forward, and probably the most important change of all, IMHO.

The HDR is a little dark for me, even at 50% gamma. Next time I'll try 80%. The aircraft have a "ghostly" shimmer which I think is maybe a bit overdone. It's attractive, but maybe slightly too much.

I love how aircraft waggle their wings a bit in flight. Again, maybe a touch overdone, but I'll leave that for others to judge.

You can't change location for the missions in the QMG? That's a real disappoinment. Hopefully in time we'll get more mission options, too.

The Camel by default starts with a bomb load, at least it does in the duel mission. Also in the duel mission after shooting down your first opponent another one shows up. That was quite a surprise as I was on final to land. Perhaps I just missed the option to limit it to one.

Locations are fixed yes, but you have several cities with the 3 types of missions.

Yes Duel missions were initialy one fight missions but now are russian roulette like. This is because QMG is meant to replace the simple missions.

#74 Sirocco

Sirocco

Posted 03 March 2010 - 17:28

Locations are fixed yes, but you have several cities with the 3 types of missions.

Yes Duel missions were initialy one fight missions but now are russian roulette like. This is because QMG is meant to replace the simple missions.

That's good to hear about the cities. That's in there now, or with a future patch? I couldn't see that option at first glance.

Wouldn't the "survive" mission be a better replacement for RR? I can't remember exactly how it was setup, but couldn't you use that to set the number of opponents and number of waves?

#75 Ogami_musashi

Ogami_musashi

Posted 03 March 2010 - 17:34

Simply scroll the map (click left stay pressed) you'll see many cities all over the map.

As for re spawing, this was a very late change so i have not so many answers sorry!

But well you can set the survive the other way if you want only one fight.

My favorite one is skirmish though..you can create monster missions.

#76 Sirocco

Sirocco

Posted 03 March 2010 - 17:38

Simply scroll the map (click left stay pressed) you'll see many cities all over the map.

I'd consider having the map zoomed out at the start in that case. At first glance it looks like those are the only options. I'm sure many people will miss that completely.

#77 Ogami_musashi

Ogami_musashi

Posted 03 March 2010 - 17:40

I'd consider having the map zoomed out at the start in that case. At first glance it looks like those are the only options. I'm sure many people will miss that completely.

Then it will be a surprise when they will mess with the QMB :)

I don't think it is a big deal but hey, we will try to correct that for next time okay?

#78 MattM

MattM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 17:46

OK, had some time testing the new features.

The new wounding/hit effects are awesome. Finally no more Eye of Sauron thingy. I also like it, that the sound shuts of the moment you've been hit.

The new raindrop and bloom effects look great also, much better then the old one.

The QMG is good, too bad it doesn't work for multiplayer. (Planes seem to have some trouble getting into formation at mission start though)

Performance seems a bit better now (i'm running Win7, so that fix might have worked for me, i only had sound stutters on WinXP though).

AI i think has been improved also quite a bit, SE5a's try to outdive you. Not 100% sure though.

Well the DVIIF is of course a beast, will most likely make it even harder now to find servers with balanced teams.

#79 Sirocco

Sirocco

Posted 03 March 2010 - 17:50

Planes seem to have some trouble getting into formation at mission start

I noticed that, too, with a three aircraft flight. Heaven knows what a tangle they'd be in if there were five.

#80 plechacenko

plechacenko

Posted 03 March 2010 - 18:48

Hi all,
I´ve got one question for you - after updating to 1.011 my RoF campaign generator has stopped working - RoF doesn' t see any missions generated in the generator more (but the created missions are really in the folder Missions). Everything was OK before..has anyone the same problem?Need some help. Thanks a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users