Photo
- - - - -

Discussion on tournament

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 teal

teal

Posted 16 February 2010 - 13:36

Here we can discuss any tournament rules, regulations and other questions.
Please, write your opinions, suggestions and wishes.

#2 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 16 February 2010 - 17:20

HI,

Question, about skins in the tournament: Mods on or off?

How to get into the tournament?

And what if I'm working during the tournament?

~S~

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#3 teal

teal

Posted 16 February 2010 - 17:54

Question, about skins in the tournament: Mods on or off?
It will be able to play tournament with Mods OFF. Special tournament skins for aircrafts will coming soon as well.

How to get into the tournament?
There is tournament web site we are preparing. Its address will be reported as soon as it be ready to open ;)

And what if I'm working during the tournament?
All the participants define a period of their time they may to play. For example: from 19:00 till 22:00.
This period will be in view while the draw procedure. After you get your duel opponent, you contact him and negotiate concrete time what will be fine for you both. All this features will be available on tournament web site I mentioned above.

#4 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 16 February 2010 - 20:01

Thanks for the quick reply, sounds great. :D

~S~

#5 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 16 February 2010 - 23:35

Just had a read, sounds like fun.
I'll be in for when it comes around.

#6 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 16 February 2010 - 23:36

Only SE5a, Camel and Dr1?

Sorry, this game really needs to promote its underdog planes. The very few dedicated servers that are currently running, are already putting a lot of focus on these aircraft. Soon it is all this game will have to offer, despite the other wonderful aircraft that are actually available.

So, not for me, this.

#7 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:16

You're right about that Jorry but I think it's soon going to change with the Fokker DVII F.

~S~

#8 teal

teal

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:42

You are right, there are only 3 aircrafts available for tournament yet. They are was selected due their ability to be a noble fighter :)
But I promise, new aircraft types will be available to fighting in tournament in future.
This is a first tournament, you known. And I hope this is just a beginning.

#9 RR_SKY

RR_SKY

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:36

Who wants to fight - he's fighting. Who does not want - looking for reasons why not.

#10 [Fr]Vylsain

[Fr]Vylsain

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:43

Agree with Jorri at 100%…
ESL far more interesting imo.
But thank you for the initiative… ;)

#11 teal

teal

Posted 17 February 2010 - 13:01

Thanks for thank, Vylsain!
Well, ESL is more interesting, you said? With 5 active players? :lol:
Or maybe, is it because you are one of top players there? ;)
Ok, I'm seriously.. Be please wait a little more time and come to see we has made. Hope, you will enjoy.
And once again, new aircraft types will be able to dueling in future. Not only Dr.I, S.E.5a and Camel.

#12 NakedSquirrel

NakedSquirrel
  • Tester

Posted 17 February 2010 - 13:27

Only SE5a, Camel and Dr1?

Sorry, this game really needs to promote its underdog planes. The very few dedicated servers that are currently running, are already putting a lot of focus on these aircraft. Soon it is all this game will have to offer, despite the other wonderful aircraft that are actually available.

So, not for me, this.

I would like to see the Nieuport 17 in this tournament. It is a very fragile and difficult to fly plane which presents a unique challenge to pilots. It's also under rated and deserves more love.

#13 Vati

Vati

Posted 17 February 2010 - 13:55

It's going to be interesting to hear how will you limit fuel load and prevent abuses :)

#14 [Fr]Vylsain

[Fr]Vylsain

Posted 17 February 2010 - 14:22

Well, ESL is more interesting, you said? With 5 active players? :lol:
Or maybe, is it because you are one of top players there? ;)

Sure it lacks players, some of those who lost their fight left and anyway, RoF hasn't the success of some other sims…
But considering the rules, ESl is far more practical imo.
I don't like the insinuations of the 2nd sentence… Here's a thread to talk about rules, so I do…
Who will be the referees ?

#15 teal

teal

Posted 17 February 2010 - 14:44

It's going to be interesting to hear how will you limit fuel load and prevent abuses :)

Fuel load goes on player desire. So, you may load 100% to be a lazy bear at the air =)

Abuses from player will bring him technical defeat. It's simply =)
Spectators… are little more difficult. Spectators have to be invited by the players. Each player is responsible for spectators he invited. If spectator broke the rules, his player get defeated. Fair deal.

Vylsain"]
I don't like the insinuations of the 2nd sentence… Here's a thread to talk about rules, so I do…
I'm sorry, had no intention to offend…
BTW, there will be the ladder system, which copies ESL's one.

Vylsain"]
Who will be the referees ?
Referees will be invited soon. I can't uncover their names yet.

#16 teal

teal

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:49

Little more about referees.
Group of participants may elect the referee they wanted which is located in same time zone with the group.
This will help to play at comfortable time at first stages of tournament (or even whole tournament at all).

#17 teal

teal

Posted 19 February 2010 - 17:48

we have opened registration on tournament site.
http://riseofflight....hp?f=142&t=7507">viewtopic.php?f=142&t=7507

#18 sgran

sgran

Posted 19 February 2010 - 18:11

Hi. I'm entering this tournament, looks fun. By the way, on the tournament website it says that registration lasts until the 17th. does that mean that the tournament takes place over a few days, or just on March 5th? By the way, the way I understand it, if you're giving participants aircraft they havent yet paid for (I havent got the Se5a or Camel yet) does that mean that we use the aircraft on our accounts indefinately or just for the tournament. It just makes me feel a little bad using aircraft I havent paid for. By the way, can't wait, and also can't wait to see what the arena looks like.

#19 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 19 February 2010 - 18:52

I really like the skins you made for this! And the initiative as well, I don't know if I will participate yet.

Also, the missing aircraft thing is a good idea.

However, please don't claim that "We would like to decorate this First Tournament of this project in the original ROF style" and then "technically perfect".

#20 teal

teal

Posted 19 February 2010 - 19:38

Hi. I'm entering this tournament, looks fun. By the way, on the tournament website it says that registration lasts until the 17th. does that mean that the tournament takes place over a few days, or just on March 5th? By the way, the way I understand it, if you're giving participants aircraft they havent yet paid for (I havent got the Se5a or Camel yet) does that mean that we use the aircraft on our accounts indefinately or just for the tournament. It just makes me feel a little bad using aircraft I havent paid for. By the way, can't wait, and also can't wait to see what the arena looks like.

Thanks for you notice. Dates of registration was fixed already.
Tournament will take place in terms needed to finish it. So, there are no concrete terms yet. We just collecting players who wanted to participate in. So, keep your eye on it.
Aircrafts will available to use since next regular RoF update. I can't say you when this will done, it's a secret =) But you will have a 1, 2 or even 3 weeks to practice new planes before the tournament.
And yes, you can use them everywhere;) You have to do practice, aren't you? =) So, feel it free!

I really like the skins you made for this!

Thanks! =) Very soon, with the next RoF update, we will open tournament skins for downloading. You will be able to use them everywhere, not only on tournament. They are beautiful, i like them =)
And, we will show tournament arena. There are nothing special, but she is very nice too ;)

And Jorri, I understand what you means. We do our best…

#21 sgran

sgran

Posted 19 February 2010 - 22:13

Great. By the way, I'm interested to know about weather and humidity. What will conditions be like for the tournament. Will it be optimised for the type of aircraft used? For example, I remember reading that the Dr1's rotaries suffered during hot summery conditions, and I can assume that this is the case in ROF.

#22 IronLeg

IronLeg

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:00

…..Aircrafts will available to use since next regular RoF update. I can't say you when this will done, it's a secret =) But you will have a 1, 2 or even 3 weeks to practice new planes before the tournament.
And yes, you can use them everywhere;)…..
Does this apply to every RoF player, or only to Tournament players ??
I mean, will these 3 airplanes be available to everyone ?

#23 teal

teal

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:47

…I'm interested to know about weather and humidity…
The weather will be fine ;) calmed wind, temperature about 20-25 C, 14:00 o'clock, July :)
Anyway, both participants are at the same conditions.

Does this apply to every RoF player, or only to Tournament players ??
I mean, will these 3 airplanes be available to everyone ?
Yes, to everyone, but in a case if one joins tournament. I.e. joining will allows player to use such planes everywhere during tournament lasts (+ few practice days). Of course, we want to see this player on tournament with these planes, but he or she may use them everywhere else ;)
All what you need to do is to register on the tournament site and wait a little before the next RoF update.

#24 IronLeg

IronLeg

Posted 20 February 2010 - 17:27

Thanks Teal, but I still don't understand…maybe it's just me…

I see those 3 airplanes are for sale on your site at 5.45 Euros each, therefore I ask:

1) will these airplanes be included "for free" in the next update, and therefore become available to everyone, forever, regardless of Tournament duration ?

OR

2) will they be available (for free) after the next update ONLY to those pilots who will subscribe and partecipate in the Tournament? And in this case, will it be forever or only during Tournaments duration ?

Thanks again

#25 teal

teal

Posted 20 February 2010 - 17:44

Second one. You may not buy these planes on riseofflight.com site.
These planes will be available to you (for free) after the registration on rofchallenge.com site, joining tournament, and when the next RoF update will come.
Then, the planes will be owned by you (for free) while tournament duration. After that they become inaccessible. And in order to use them you should buy them. But while tournament you may use the planes as you wish, without any payments at all.

Note, during registration on rofchallenge.com, you should select the planes you needed.
And, once again, we want you as participant of tournament with these aircrafts =)

p.s.
So, if a man doesn't register on rofchallenge.com, doesn't join tournament, or doesn't select needed crafts here, this man takes nothing. Planes are only for registred participants. Sorry, if this disappoints somebody.

#26 IronLeg

IronLeg

Posted 20 February 2010 - 19:10

It doesn't disappoint me.
Thanks for clarifying it.

#27 ROSS_Borman

ROSS_Borman

Posted 23 February 2010 - 23:45

Again attention to those who register on the site rofchallenge.com!
After registration required to read the rules and click "join the tournament"!
Without this, you do not become members and will not be able to get the missing aircraft for the championship.

#28 teal

teal

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:23

We have opened the training server.
Please check the latest news on tournament site.

#29 ROSS_Small

ROSS_Small

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:02

Important

Hello!
Today we begin distribution of aircrafts with which you wants to play tournament. Needed aircrafts will be received by everybody who have had selected them in the list at registration or profile page. Note what for plane receiving, you have to fill login field with your game login (i.e. e-mail) which is NOT your nickname used in the game! So, aircrafts will be available only for participants who specified their game login. You can check and correct your profile data while it's not late to get your aircrafts.

#30 teal

teal

Posted 26 February 2010 - 16:32

All the requested aircrafts was successfully dispatched to all participants, and by now became available ;) Please check them with your game to see if something wrong with them.
Developer team and Tournament organizer team wish you good luck!

#31 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 01 March 2010 - 18:07

Nice initiative, just signed up!

One important thing for the rules: You mention not using bombs, wich is pretty obvious in a duel. So are we forced to use the full default ammo loadout (with bombs as described) or can we choose how much ammo we need?

S!

vH

#32 teal

teal

Posted 01 March 2010 - 18:42

You can select ammo load as you wish, there is no such limitation on this.

p.s. But of course, there is no reason to load bombs if you can't use them because of rules.

#33 teal

teal

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:50

We are glad to declare the tournament begins. Registration has been completed and the tournament grid generated. In a couple of days we will add all the necessary information about each corresponding duel (i.e. referee, date, time, server, TS, passwords, etc). So, please keep an eye on it.
Grid can be found on tournament site.

#34 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:50

Good luck to all the participants!

#35 teal

teal

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:50

News!
There are a couple of words about awards =)

#36 fokker

fokker

Posted 02 March 2010 - 22:32

I have a problem.
i need to fight between 22:00 untill 01:00.
in the grid i will fight at the 20:00.
i don't stay at home at that hour.
What can I do ?

#37 teal

teal

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:56

Unfortunately this is a common problem for a world-wide events.
You should contact to your opponent and suggest him your time (don't forget to specify your time zone). And after that, contact your referee and describe the issue and solution.

As I see, your opponent have his flight time from 19:00 till 20:00, and you have from 00:00 till 03:00 (in Moscow time zone). Time of duel specified: 22:00. The principle of choosing the time was like: 'Nobody will gain advantage'.

So feel it free to speak directly to your referee and opponent. I am sure, there will be no problems to shift the time up to what you will like.

#38 wolf49

wolf49

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:05

just a quick question. are the posted times on the site for duels on Moscow time, or are they on your selected timezone?
thanks

#39 teal

teal

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:38

All the time everywhere is specified on your local time zone. If you are not logged in, time is shown on UTC (Greenwich).

#40 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:27

Again attention to those who register on the site rofchallenge.com!
After registration required to read the rules and click "join the tournament"!
Without this, you do not become members and will not be able to get the missing aircraft for the championship.
Sorry but I don't see any "Join the tournament" link after registering :?

~S~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users