Photo
- - - - -

Wanna see yourself in the RoF cockpit? It can be done!!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 veltjens

veltjens

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:52

Cool stuff! ;-)

#42 Gimpy117

Gimpy117

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:02

honestly…even if the pilot isnt your face…a better texture would be nice. His face is way too pale…he looks dead.

#43 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:17

S!

Is this mods on stuff ?

Hopefully not.

O_Smiladon

LOL - yes, this requires "Mods on", at least for now.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#44 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:11

Ok, so how do I put in a stock pilot, without a moustache? I have to get that Burt Reynolds guy out of my SPAD 7! :lol: :S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#45 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:17

Ok, so how do I put in a stock pilot, without a moustache? I have to get that Burt Reynolds guy out of my SPAD 7! :lol: :S!: MJ

Just follow the directions given in the first page (about the 5th or 6th post or so) of this thread, but use whatever mustache-free face picture you want to use (it doesn't have to be your own face - it will work with any face picture you want).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#46 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:22

Just follow the directions given in the first page (about the 5th or 6th post or so) of this thread, but use whatever mustache-free face picture you want to use (it doesn't have to be your own face - it will work with any face picture you want).

Cool, thanks a lot Panther! :S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#47 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:46

Revive thread ..... so I wish to alter a pilot face, and the face of the driver of the car on the airfield (for movie purposes), if I can find out what file is being used.

I use ungtp on graphics1 file.

It gives me a bunch of dds files, (in my (null) directory, then stops and says "unknow file type" somewhere about the \buildings\ folder.

I press enter to continue, the ungtp continues to list files and place them.

I now have a \characters folder including the pilot files, but all the files in there are .chr .col .mgm format, no dds to be found.

Has something changed? Is there some trick to get the ungtp to unpack these files?

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#48 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 05 February 2016 - 18:19

Sort of solved - I can use Elephant's mod and inject my required face....

I would still really like to change the look of the driver of the car a little - anyone know where it is?

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#49 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 05 February 2016 - 19:23

How about making it so that when You are inside a cockpit, it doesn't look like You are a ghost? 

You know, the actuall body of a pilot, and his movements inside, depending on what You are doing...

#50 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:35

How about making it so that when You are inside a cockpit, it doesn't look like You are a ghost? 

You know, the actuall body of a pilot, and his movements inside, depending on what You are doing...

I too would prefer an in cockpit body, but that is up to the developers, modders cannot do anything about that.

#51 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:50

Just Devil's advocate here, but in-cockpit body can block line of sight to gauges etc.

#52 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 11 February 2016 - 13:27

Sometimes, but if you have TiR as many of us do now you can look around your knees or whatever is in the way. Just make it a tickable option in RoF2. 

It could also be useful as a check as to where your head could be - from some of the RoF films you see, it appears that many people have their eyes attached to 24 inch long stalks growing up and back out of their heads. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users