Photo
- - - - -

News!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 SlapHappy

SlapHappy

Posted 10 February 2010 - 00:19

I can never understand why so many people want to even things out with the plane set. Life is not fair, war is certainly not fair! I have never seen a combat sim mission as a simple match, like playing tennis or chess. To me it's about immersion and the occasional moment when it just all works out for you. To "even things out" try changing sides for a change or fly coop missions where you can secure an advantage by using tactics and teamwork!

Above is well said. There is more to a sim than dogfighting IMHO!! To make ROF the success it could be I believe a sim should have a Dogfighting option and a Single Player mode. I use both to sharpen skills. But if I want real challenges, I want my wingman, team work, immersion, strategy and tactics at least once a week with a good immersion storyline to boot. Hopefully all will be available in time. Best wishes to ROF!!

#42 Dobbal

Dobbal

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:19

As I read through the 4+ pages of this post, I can't help but wonder what all the fuss and complaining is about. We have a good thing going here guys (and gals), don’t run it down. Sure it’s not perfect, but what is. Have some patience and give the devs a chance to work things out. Ultimately, we will probably have access to every plane that ever flew in WWI. Then, you can pick any plane you want, or not. For me, if they make them, I’ll buy everyone, because it’s a way I can help support the game. You have to remember, if Rise of Flight doesn’t make money for the investors, we won’t have much of a future.

I can also tell by the quality of the game and the addition of little things like the new wind sock, and other small changes requested and provided, that the devs for Rise of Flight have a passion for this game, and that’s key for me. Because you can’t buy passion, you either have it or you don’t, and it can drive you to do great things.

Currently. my investment in this game consists of the game it's self and all the planes, which comes to just a little less than $140.00 US. For this I have a great flight sim that I can either play on line in multiplayer with others, or online in single player mode alone. The graphics are fantastic, and I can immerse my self in the game for hours on end. I’ve been playing for approx 6 months, which averages out to a little more than $23.00 a month, and every month that average goes down. And, I don’t have to spend another red cent, and the devs will still continue to upgrade the game for me. If I want to buy a plane, I do, if not, then I pass, and I still get to play.

Let’s quit complaining about the glass being half empty, and celebrate the fact that the glass is half full with more to come.

#43 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:30

Hey lefty great looking update. Any word on when bulletproof canvas is going to be fixed?

#44 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:56

Hey lefty great looking update. Any word on when bulletproof canvas is going to be fixed?

I have the theory that this only applies to the two recon planes, or even just the breguet because I seem to do fine killing Se5 pilots through the fuselage :)

#45 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 12 February 2010 - 13:03

And I've done fine dying when being shot through the underside of my ride too. I'm quite confident this perceived "issue" is more of a paper tiger than it is a true bug.

#46 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 12 February 2010 - 13:26

Well there definitely is an issue with the breguets, you can shoot them from below all you want without causing any apparent damage ;)

#47 AI-Neoqb

AI-Neoqb

Posted 12 February 2010 - 13:39

Well there definitely is an issue with the breguets, you can shoot them from below all you want without causing any apparent damage ;)

Please stop it here. Talk about this in Feedback and Suggestions sections. No warning yet…

#48 Speedingbullets

Speedingbullets

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:31

Thanks NEOQB

Really looking forward to this.

#49 Endy

Endy

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:41

Dobbal, great post. I'll go with what you said.

[About 7 posts back]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users