Photo
- - - - -

Losing control input

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kessler2

Kessler2

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:52

I am having difficulties with the simulation losing all control input (both keyboard and joystick) in the middle of the flight. This has happened twice with the Fokker D.VII. Both times I have tried using ALT TAB to switch from the simulation and back again only to find the simulation is not responding any more. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt K.

#2 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:06

I am having difficulties with the simulation losing all control input (both keyboard and joystick) in the middle of the flight. This has happened twice with the Fokker D.VII. Both times I have tried using ALT TAB to switch from the simulation and back again only to find the simulation is not responding any more. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt K.

Hello Matt,

What controller(s) are you using?

…does it use the back of the PC USB port (powered) or plugged into an unpowered hub?

Also, go to settings; to the input tab and make sure your flight controls do not have a >> showing next to them in the ROF Settings applet. This indicates multiple commands with the same key/button/axis assignment and should be changed.

#3 Kessler2

Kessler2

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:12

Hello,

I'm using an MS Sidewinder FF 2, which has an external power source. Also I'm using a Logitech G15 keyboard (USB plugged directly into the PC) and a Logitech USB mouse (also plugged directly into the PC).

I'm not seeing any ">>" in the flight control sections, but I am in others. However these same duplicate assignments seem to be in the default setup as well. Could these be causing me my problems? I don't recall using any of these commands during the troublesome flights either.

Thanks,
Matt

#4 intramile

intramile

Posted 29 June 2009 - 18:27

Thanks,
Matt K.

Hello Matt,

What controller(s) are you using?

…does it use the back of the PC USB port (powered) or plugged into an unpowered hub?

Also, go to settings; to the input tab and make sure your flight controls do not have a >> showing next to them in the ROF Settings applet. This indicates multiple commands with the same key/button/axis assignment and should be changed.

I'm also having trouble with input settings working then not working for no reason, particularly internal padlock view - it works then doesn't half way through a mission?

I'm assigning commannds to a MSFFB2.

How do you get rid of >>. Its everywhere even in default (under camera), and doesn't seem to be reused.

#5 intramile

intramile

Posted 29 June 2009 - 18:35

This is freakin' annoying. If I keep padlock on F8 its fine (usually, but no guarantee LOL), as soon as I asign a joystick command to padlock, internal padlock does not work either soon or at some time. What is going on???

Guys, this is just ridiculous!! Where is the support team.

#6 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 29 June 2009 - 23:18

Hello,

I'm using an MS Sidewinder FF 2, which has an external power source. Also I'm using a Logitech G15 keyboard (USB plugged directly into the PC) and a Logitech USB mouse (also plugged directly into the PC).

I'm not seeing any ">>" in the flight control sections, but I am in others. However these same duplicate assignments seem to be in the default setup as well. Could these be causing me my problems? I don't recall using any of these commands during the troublesome flights either.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Is it convenient for you to swap your mouse and controller USB ports? I understand the stick has it's own power source, but I don't know if that is just to drive the motors of the force feedback.
Not saying you have to keep it like that. Just as a troubleshooting step to see if there is a difference. And I only ask this since you lose keyboard also (and it happens that its USB).

Some >> are OK and not always causes conflict. As long as both are used in different parts of the game. Like space to pass cutscene and space to drop bomb for example. ROF knows which one you want depending on what you're doing and where you are in the game. It's just when both commands are something needed "in-flight" or something that can cause conflict. Sorry, didn't mean to cause a panic. ;)

-Brian

#7 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 29 June 2009 - 23:23

I'm also having trouble with input settings working then not working for no reason, particularly internal padlock view - it works then doesn't half way through a mission?

I'm assigning commannds to a MSFFB2.

How do you get rid of >>. Its everywhere even in default (under camera), and doesn't seem to be reused.

You don't need to get rid of all your >> symbols, just the ones on commands that don't apprear to be working.

I believe you were sayin on other forums that you are assigning padlock to a joystick button. Make sure that same button is not listed as another command.

If you could copy and paste the contents of your input file, I'll have a look to see what we can find.

#8 Kessler2

Kessler2

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:54

[quote="WWBrianIs it convenient for you to swap your mouse and controller USB ports? I understand the stick has it's own power source, but I don't know if that is just to drive the motors of the force feedback.
Not saying you have to keep it like that. Just as a troubleshooting step to see if there is a difference. And I only ask this since you lose keyboard also (and it happens that its USB).

Brian,

I can try that, but I'm losing my mouse too. I'm losing every input device that I have. I'm inclined to think it's not a USB issue since I can still ALT-TAB out of the simulation following the loss of control. I cannot, however, ALT-TAB back in, as the simulation will be "not responding" when I try to switch back. Seems to be more an issue in-game, or with my installation or in-game setup. I'll go try swapping USB ports now.

Thanks again,
Matt

#9 Kessler2

Kessler2

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:04

Brian,

Much to my surprise and delight, that seems to have worked! Thanks much!

Matt

#10 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 22 June 2014 - 20:46

Sorry for the necro bump, but I just had this happen to me today. I alt-tabbed to adjust track-ir settings, and when I alt-tabbed back Rise of Flight would no longer accept any control inputs to the pitch and roll axes. I even tried assigning them to the keyboard (not USB), but without response.

This is also a msffb2 joystick. I can also try moving it to anther USB port, but that's not much of a solution. Thanks mods (panthercules?) for moving this to the appropriate sub-forum.

#11 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 22 June 2014 - 22:02

gav try left click in the ROF window in your taskbar to get back to game. Hopes this helps.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#12 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 June 2014 - 00:43

Thanks mods (panthercules?) for moving this to the appropriate sub-forum.

Wasn't sure if this should be in the tech support or the Hardware & Contollers subforum, but since the focus seemed to be on problems with the MS FFB2 stick, I thought this might be the right choice.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users