Photo
- - - - -

Campaign Generator usefull downloads (Added new Acer Skin)

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#81 texsTC

texsTC

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:25

Ansirial,
I sincerely hope you will enter some, if not all your generic squad skins, to the polls for admission into no mod gameplay.

#82 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 18 March 2010 - 13:46

I sincerely hope you will enter some, if not all your generic squad skins, to the polls for admission into no mod gameplay

+1

#83 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 18 March 2010 - 17:15

Many thanks for your appreciation, skinning in WWI is a passion for me, both in the historical way and during simulation.

About pubblication, this would be a huge work… more than 100 screens ingame plus descriptions, and, most important thing I already reported, name standard for submission is not compatible with campaign generator…

So skins will be unusable for CG if packed ingame!

At the moment I'm realizing the next skinpack planned: German post spring 18 - a lot of DVII :lol:;

Then I will consider the skin submission.

#84 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 18 March 2010 - 17:31

Just asking…how do I get these to show up when using the capmaign generator. Do I unzip to the ROF data folder or the campaign generator dat folder?? Do they show up automatically when I select the mission, or do I have to select the skin myself..do the AI automatically use the correct skins too??

Just put the skins of each plane in the appropiate skin folder of RoF(NOT the Campaign Generater).Albatros skins in the skins/Albatros folder,Se.5a skins in the skins/Se,5a folder and so on.AI will then have individual skins,your flight and enemy/friendly.If you want a skin for yourself then pick a skin of your choice,rename it with your pilot´s name and put it in the skins/Albatros folder or skins/Se.5a or..

Just to be clear, the correct path will be program files\Rise of Flight\Skins\"aircraft name"
?

And then I don't have to do a single thing to cause them to appear in CG missions?

#85 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 18 March 2010 - 17:37

Just to be clear, the correct path will be program files\Rise of Flight\Skins\"aircraft name" ?
and no…
this is the correct folder: Rise of Flight\data\graphics\skins\"aircraft name"

However skins are packed to copy whole content of rar directly into RoF folder;
That's all,
1. start CG
2. gen a new mission
3. enjoy :lol:

#86 hq_Neca

hq_Neca

Posted 18 March 2010 - 21:59

I just unpacked all those skins in RoF folders. Should it work?
With mods off?
And what about other Se5a's squads pre1918?
I can choose No85 Squad at first date availible but no skins at pack
is it still WiP?

#87 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 18 March 2010 - 22:04

Unfortunately for British pre Spring 18 not all the squadrons are historically available because before that time, there were no exact rules about squadrons insignia;

So I decided to include only sure squadrons.

Just unpack in RoF folder and should work all! With mods off but only with CG missions!

#88 hq_Neca

hq_Neca

Posted 18 March 2010 - 22:12

Thank you
By the way you're doing great job Ansirial :)

#89 hq_Neca

hq_Neca

Posted 21 March 2010 - 14:59

Ansirial, what about two seaters? Is there any skinpack WiP for them, or they are gonna stay default?

#90 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 23 March 2010 - 13:19

One more little remark:

You got no.56 squadron's S.E.5a skins wrong. The fuselage band was used from late august 1917 to late March 1918, when it was replace by the inverted "V". So it's the other way around. ;)

#91 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 12 April 2010 - 14:25

This is great work, thank you -

I am sure PW will come up with a method of assigning skins by date (the modders did it for RB, no doubt it can be done for RoF). Even better (I do not understand why neoqb did not do this) would be to assign every aircraft a unique serial number to which a skin can be assigned. Only a few tens of thousand aircraft altogether.

On the issue of the RFC colours for PC10 and PC12: this is a topic over which modellers conduct terrible wars, almost rivaling the Great War in bitterness! ;) The consensus seems to be that PC10 would be a dark olive green or olive brown drab when new, fading to a brown with weathering. The standard RoF PC10 is probably a little too green. PC12 was more of a tan colour, almost orange. You may have seen these two links already, but …..

http://airfixtribute...t__t_15682.html">http://airfixtribute...m.myfastforum.o … 15682.html

http://www.warbirdco...sh_ww1_home.asp">http://www.warbirdco...sh_ww1_home.asp

No reason at all therefore why you should use the same base colour for every squadron - colours seemed to vary a lot. Personally I like the brown chocolate end of the scale, because I like chocolate. The RNAS squadrons should certainly look very different at least until the formation of the RAF.

Anyway, thanks again!

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#92 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:33

Ooops, having trouble getting this to work -

With Mods ON the skins show up as options in the hanger and I can make my own a/c show up in the mission with the correct jasta skin by picking it from the menu. (Very nice stripey Alb DV for Jasta 4 BTW). The other a/c in my flight wear the normal RoF default skin.

With Mods OFF the skins do not show up on the hanger menu and on starting the mission everyone is in the default RoF skin.

What am I doing wrong?

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#93 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 14 April 2010 - 21:17

Just updated with squadron file to make pack to work again after 4.0

#94 OlPaint01

OlPaint01

Posted 16 April 2010 - 15:00

Hello Ansirial

A real quick question about how your skins in each of the skins packs display in ROF. I noticed with the recent upgrade to ROF version 1.011, Neoqb has added a thumbnail view in the mission hanger screen showing the selected skin. When I select one of your aircraft skins added from a skins pack, I just see a black box. I have downloaded the .JPG files showing all the skins for that pack on a page and all the skins appear to be the correct view orientation and size that Lefty has specified to meet the requirements of Third-Party addon skins. How do I get your skins to show in the thumbnail window like Neoqb's skins display?

OlPaint01

#95 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 16 April 2010 - 17:59

Hello Ansirial

A real quick question about how your skins in each of the skins packs display in ROF. I noticed with the recent upgrade to ROF version 1.011, Neoqb has added a thumbnail view in the mission hanger screen showing the selected skin. When I select one of your aircraft skins added from a skins pack, I just see a black box. I have downloaded the .JPG files showing all the skins for that pack on a page and all the skins appear to be the correct view orientation and size that Lefty has specified to meet the requirements of Third-Party addon skins. How do I get your skins to show in the thumbnail window like Neoqb's skins display?

OlPaint01

This skins are specific for campaign generator and they works also in "mods off" mode, they are intended to be loaded to skin you mates and all the other planes with campaign generator missions in order to give a more involving experience.

About a future publication with neoqb poll system, at the moment I'm working (in my spare time) to prepare last pack - German post spring 18 - after that I will evaluate to prepare a full pack to submit to neoqb poll system.

There are also some technical problem due the naming conventions that will make this packs unusefull if named with neoqb rules, so I'm also waiting campaign generator modification that would make me able to use neoqb conventions and still have working them in campaign generator.

However, when I will prepare them to publication with neoqb poll system I will surely add thumbnail pictures and all the conventions needed, some skins I prepared and already submitted are done to test the system and create a strategy to make me able to publish all in a reasonable time because as you probably noticed at the moment they are more than 100 :lol:

I hope to be able to do all as soon possible to share the experience with the whole community!

#96 OlPaint01

OlPaint01

Posted 16 April 2010 - 21:11

Outstanding!!!
:P
OlPaint01

#97 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 20 April 2010 - 17:30

Waiting for new version I'm working on integration of the skinpacks, now focus on Germans!
My idea is to create complete German skinpack from the Alb DIII to EV;

Here you can find a table with current status, resuming: red blocks with "x" are unknown! If anybody has further details about one or more let me know, I will be able to do that skin too!

Attached File  table.jpg   510.34KB   557 downloads

#98 Bao_SK

Bao_SK

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:59

Hi Ansirial,

I just updated to 4.2 version and replaced squadroninfo.txt with yours but not working ingame.Skins are default.I have also downloaded again all your skinpacks but no good.Any hint?
EDIT
Sorry,sorted out (some "fight" with old version) 8-)

thanks for skins ;)

#99 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:13

Hi Ansirial,

I've already tested your skins in game without Wilson campaign, and i love them 8-)

Now i'm going to give a brand new try to this campaign mode (i'm a bit bored of the too much basic ROF career)…but for each new ROF patch, you'll have to edit/update your file so we can still access your skins?? :shock:

And for each new patch, Pat will have to release a new version? :shock:

That's awfull work :roll:

#100 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:58

Hi Ansirial,

I've already tested your skins in game without Wilson campaign, and i love them 8-)

Now i'm going to give a brand new try to this campaign mode (i'm a bit bored of the too much basic ROF career)…but for each new ROF patch, you'll have to edit/update your file so we can still access your skins?? :shock:

And for each new patch, Pat will have to release a new version? :shock:

That's awfull work :roll:

Squadron file is related to the updates of Campaign generator not to ROF patches, I spoke with Pat to minimize impact of any oh his updated on my skinpacks, at the moment you need only to download Pat CG then with my skins add the revised squadrons file you find in download in the first page of this post.

I hope in the near future - new and complete German skinpack is nearly ready - squad file will be natively compatible with mine skinpacks, I'm waiting Pat about the modification I suggested to do it.

However once new Germans will be ready I will update the pack - there will be 2 squadrons files to switch skins between pre 18 and post 18. This is all I can do to limit the problems and maintain historical accuracy.

#101 OlPaint01

OlPaint01

Posted 02 May 2010 - 16:22

Hello Ansirial

I just finished downloading and installing the RoF Official Skins Pack @ http://777studios.ne...F_Skinspack.exe">http://777studios.ne...F_Skins/Skin_Pa … nspack.exe.

I have discovered Neoqb's method for making the aircraft thumbnails avaiable for viewing inside the Hangar dropdowns:

The directory structure is as follows:

For selectable planes skins - .DDS format - go into

Rise of Flight\data\graphics\skins\"aircraft_type"\ directory.

For example, the full path to a default skin for the N.17 must be:

Rise of Flight\data\graphics\skins\nieuport17\nieuport17.dds

For selectable planes thumbnails - .JPG format - go into

Rise of Flight\data\swf\planes\"aircraft_type"\skins\ directory.

For example, the full path to a default thumbnail for the N.17 must be:

Rise of Flight\data\swf\planes\nieuport17\skins\nieuport17.jpg

The thumbnails are 300x100 pixels, 72 pixels per inch, and 24/16 million colors.

I have been trying to build some screen captures of your skin packs to test this format in the swf folder.

OlPaint01

#102 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 06 May 2010 - 16:38

Updated squadron file to 4.3! Downloadable from first page.

#103 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 06 May 2010 - 21:15

Updated squadron file to 4.3! Downloadable from first page.

Is that about skins changes?

#104 von_Heimler

von_Heimler
  • LocationChilliwack, BC Canada

Posted 06 May 2010 - 21:25

Yes, that file controls the in campaign squadron/jasta skins.

Cheers,

Signature_zpsy2runyft.jpg

"Become an Ace by mastering your aircraft!"

#105 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 06 May 2010 - 21:26

Ok, great!
Cheers

#106 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 07 May 2010 - 15:03

any to 4.4 or just use the 4.3txt?
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#107 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 07 May 2010 - 15:30

4.3 is fully compatible with 4.4,
No variation to squadrons file.

#108 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 07 May 2010 - 16:52

I have discovered Neoqb's method for making the aircraft thumbnails avaiable for viewing inside the Hangar dropdowns

Sorry for the delay of my answer and thanks for your help, at the moment I decided to not use this functionality in my packs because of two reasons:

1. Skinpacks are optimized to work with campaign generator, useful for chose you own skin but not intended for this work;

2. Waiting for a new skin assignation system in Pat Campaign Generator, at the moment the whole pack is in revision, also in order to remove duplicate skins from neoqb pack and, more interesting add new ones for this a very special thank to Dutch2 who shared with me his precious documentation make me able to fill almost all lacks I had with Germans skins.

When I can have something definitive, probably I will complete packs with the preview screens but at the moment create about a hundred of previews on temporary skins could be a work I should redo when definitives will be ready.

#109 OlPaint01

OlPaint01

Posted 07 May 2010 - 22:06

Hello Ansirial

That makes perfect sense to me. The skin thumbnails are just "frosting on the cake". The RoFCampaign is the thing!!! and deserves the emphasis in my opinion.

BTW, has anyone been able to figure out Neoqb's Aircraft Naming convention for the individual .DDS files in the Official RoF Skin-Pack? It appears to be just a hodge-podge of numbers. With so many talented Skinners in our community, I would think that a logical method to locate and identify historical skins from an index would be greatly appreciated.

OlPaint01

#110 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:54

BTW, has anyone been able to figure out Neoqb's Aircraft Naming convention for the individual .DDS files in the Official RoF Skin-Pack? It appears to be just a hodge-podge of numbers. With so many talented Skinners in our community, I would think that a logical method to locate and identify historical skins from an index would be greatly appreciated.

OlPaint01

The numbering in the file names of the .dds skin files for the devs seems to be simply a combination of the country code (first 3 numbers, e.g., "501" for Germany, "101"-"105" for the Entente countries), followed by a 3-digit code for the squadron number - thus, for example, "501002.dds" is the generic/default skin for Jasta 2 (Boelcke) on the German side. The names are the same for every plane type (i.e., 501002.dds is the default Jasta 2 skin for every German plane type), so they're relying on the folder location and not the file name to distinguish the type of plane.

Specific aces have additional characters in the file name - thus one ace/pilot skin in Jasta 2 has the file name "501002_a01", whereas the next ace/pilot skin in Jasta 2 has the file name "501002_a02.dds", and so forth. There doesn't appear to be any particular logic as to which ace gets the "_a01" and which gets the "_a02" - probably just numbered in the order in which they are completed/added into the game.

I'm not a programmer, but it certainly wouldn't seem to be too hard to make some sort of an index based upon that naming structure, though it would have to be able to take the folder location into account for the plane type.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#111 OlPaint01

OlPaint01

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:58

Hello Panthercules

The Dev's numbering convention as you described is a great start. My collection of skins is getting huge and at this point is almost unmanageable. Will you be working the dev's numbering system into the Historical and Fun Skins project? It seems to me that we could eliminate a lot of duplication with a published and up-to-date skins index using this method for reference. I think an 'Aces' sub-index code is really important as well as a mention of the name of the 'skinner' for each design.

OlPaint01

#112 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 08 May 2010 - 13:42

Hello Panthercules

The Dev's numbering convention as you described is a great start. My collection of skins is getting huge and at this point is almost unmanageable. Will you be working the dev's numbering system into the Historical and Fun Skins project? It seems to me that we could eliminate a lot of duplication with a published and up-to-date skins index using this method for reference. I think an 'Aces' sub-index code is really important as well as a mention of the name of the 'skinner' for each design.

OlPaint01

+1

That would be a great idea!

#113 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:12

Hello Panthercules

OlPaint01

Offhand, I don't see any reason why this same file name convention could not be used for the historical player skins being added in - I'm not sure that would work very well for the non-historical ones, so maybe there'll be some entirely different variation for the naming of all of those "for fun" ones that will make it easier to distinguish them from the historical ones. Unfortunately, I still have no idea how the final approval/uploading and integration into the game process is going to work - neoqb has provided no information on that yet. Hopefully the new guy taking over that coordination role from Lefty will be a bit more forthcoming in that regard.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#114 OlPaint01

OlPaint01

Posted 10 May 2010 - 17:47

Hello Panthercules

Well, I guess now we all can agree that with Historical Skins the first three digits of the Numbering Convention designate the Nation code and the last three digits designate the Squadron/Escadrille/Jasta code.

All that remains to do now is agree upon the Numbering Convention Sub-Index code for each Ace-Skin. Remember that each Ace may have had several different skin designs or body colors for various airframes he flew. So each Ace-Skin combo should have a unique Sub-Index code. For example, we know that MVR had flown in several different AlbatrosIII and FokkerDr1 paint schemes. And each should be designated with a unique Sub-code.

Just a thought…

OlPaint01

#115 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 18 May 2010 - 00:12

Hi Ansirial,
Flying the SPA 103, i can't see any of your SPA 103 skin on my mates…
They are in the right ROF folder, and i can fly with it myself, but that's all. :?
Any idea?

#116 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:48

Hi Ansirial,
Flying the SPA 103, i can't see any of your SPA 103 skin on my mates…
They are in the right ROF folder, and i can fly with it myself, but that's all. :?
Any idea?

Have you changed squadron file with mine? You can find it in the first page of topic…

#117 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:59

I don't remember if i did it with 1.012… :?
I'll check tomorrow.

#118 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:36

I don't remember if i did it with 1.012… :?
I'll check tomorrow.

Is not related to game releases, it is related to Pat CG release, when you update CG you should update squadrons file too…

I'm waiting Pat for some modifications to avoid this file update, when available no other squadrons file updates will be needed.

#119 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:57

Is not related to game releases, it is related to Pat CG release, when you update CG you should update squadrons file too…

So there is a problem…i've updated the file when V4.4 was release.
I can see other skins (opponent's skins) but not the SPA 103…
I tried SPA 3 too (when i posted the airfield out of map for this squad), and it was fine :?

#120 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:24

How is named your squadron?
"SPA" or "Esquadrille"?
Check in the CG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users