Photo
- - - - -

Campaign Generator usefull downloads (Added new Acer Skin)

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#41 phalcon51

phalcon51

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:27

I tried downloading the English skinpack post Spring 1918 and when I try to open the archive with RAR I get the following message: "unexpected end of archive". I tried downloading it twice with the same result.

It seems as if the download is corrupt. Has anyone else had this problem? All the other skinpacks downloaded and installed ok.

Thanks for any help.

#42 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • LocationGood Ol' U. S. of A.

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:38

I opened all mine with winzip and had one encounter a problem, despite the fact that it did finish the unzipping.

Could have been the very same one.

I do know that between the early and the late british skin packs that there are duplicate names of files and they want to over-write each other when trying to compile into a single folder.

#43 Snuffy

Snuffy

Posted 27 January 2010 - 20:28

skinpack GB-18 did have an error … I asked winzip to provide me with the details … here they are hopefully:

Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.1 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.24 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.29 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.32 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.40 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.41 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.56 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.60 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.64 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.74 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.84 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.85 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\se5a\No.92 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\Andrew White C.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\Andrew White.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\No.148 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\No.201 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\No.203 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\No.208 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\No.209 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\No.210 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\No.3 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\No.43 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\No.46 Squadron.dds OK
Extracting data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\No.54 Squadron.dds Error: CRC mismatch in file "data\graphics\skins\sopcamel\No.54 Squadron.dds" in the archive "C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\rof test\skinpackGB-18.rar"

Hope this helps.

#44 Snuffy

Snuffy

Posted 27 January 2010 - 20:32

Ansirial, while you're at fixing this apparent error,

Please be aware that several aircraft paints overwrite each other when they try to install.
If it is at all possible, add early or late to the skin pack names so they are different and don't overwrite each other.

This appears to be a problem with the Se5 and the Camel.

Thanks again for all the hard work. :)

#45 vontroz

vontroz

Posted 27 January 2010 - 23:11

Great skins! thank you very much. I am looking forward to the German packs too.
I had the same problem with squadron 54 Camel.

Well done and thanks again for your skins and hard work ;)

#46 ziher

ziher

Posted 28 January 2010 - 15:19

Amazing work 8-)

#47 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 28 January 2010 - 16:47

Ansirial, while you're at fixing this apparent error,

Please be aware that several aircraft paints overwrite each other when they try to install.
If it is at all possible, add early or late to the skin pack names so they are different and don't overwrite each other.

This appears to be a problem with the Se5 and the Camel.

Thanks again for all the hard work. :)

I know! pre Spring 18 and post Spring 18 are not compatible! You should chose one! This is done because names are fitted to work with campaign generator. Will be the same for German when ready the second pack.

At the moment I'm working on German pack, thanks to Boman, Albatros alpha channel will be replaced with the excellent boman alpha.

This is plan:
1. Tune pre Spring 18 German pack with the precious Dermo references and Boman alphas;
2. Upload German pack - maybe on Saturday;
3. Fix Camel skins - tail fin is too dark;
4. Reupload all the British skins;

I hope to complete these steps within the weekend.
I'm very pleased you are enjoying my skins and I hope to complete planned work as soon as possible.

#48 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 30 January 2010 - 18:35

Plan is complete!
Now British skins are fixed and Germans are in download!
Downloaded and checked integrity…
Enjoy and let me know your opinions

#49 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:35

Great work!!Really´Been looking forward to it!!
I´m back home now again and had a bit time to research.
I noticed a tiny little error.Sorry i know u just uploaded the files today so i´m a bit late with that :oops: but maybe you find time for it later

Jasta 17 Albatros: Completely white tail with black fin
Jasta 19 Albatros: Natural rudder with green fin

Greetings and thank you very very much,
Norman (Der Mo)

#50 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:14

Thanks DerMo, your help is appreciated! Revised both jastas you noticed, probably I will update in few days because I should reupload all the pack. If you notice any other imprecision or historical lack let me know…

For example added jasta 60 with checkered horizontal stabilizers, jasta 60 were formed on January 18 and sent to front only later with Fokker DVII, but campaign generator uses jasta 60 from September 17 three month before his forming…

Tried to contact Pat but unsuccessfully (probably he is changing PC), I would like to give him help with correct squadron plane assignation and operative periods on campaign generator; so I can create some other skins and set correct planes (also in consideration there were mixed squadrons…)

#51 WWSandMan

WWSandMan

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:17

Just wanted to add my thanks for this collaborative collection of skins. The entire collection is very well done and adds a LOT to the sim. Thank you!

#52 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:24

What a tremendous work it must have been to put this together..thank you!

So if I download all these skins and I put them in to the correct folder they'll be automatically used by the campaign generator?

#53 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:35

What a tremendous work it must have been to put this together..thank you!

So if I download all these skins and I put them in to the correct folder they'll be automatically used by the campaign generator?

Correct!

#54 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:40

Oh my Godness! Then how come he and PatWilson still aren't payed by neoqb?

A real, immersive campaign mode with different skins for every unit is what RoF lacks the most. And now it's done by volunteers?
Thank you guys, thank you very much!

#55 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:48

Oh my Godness! Then how come he and PatWilson still aren't payed by neoqb?

A real, immersive campaign mode with different skins for every unit is what RoF lacks the most. And now it's done by volunteers?
Thank you guys, thank you very much!

Neoqb should blush :oops:
.. ;)

#56 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:20

I downloaded the skins and fired up Pat Wilson's campaign. I can't tell you how impressed I was…realistic missions, with custom skins for every unit…this is what I've been waiting for since RoF came out.

Thank you so much for your work!

(note: I find the SE5 skins a bit too dark and too brown. You might want to check out Fubar's SE5a skins, I think he really got the PC10 right.)

#57 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 03 February 2010 - 14:56

Thank you all! I'm very glad my researches and design work is so appreciated!
Soon I will realize next pack too, the post Spring 18 German skinpack!
At the moment I'm enjoying this pack me too :lol: … I'm on October 17 with my campaign, however I planned next pack in a week or two…

More or less these will be next steps:
1. Tune SE5a skins (Reflected you are in right, skins are too dark);
2. Complete post Spring 18 German skinpack - large part is done I need to prepare only DVII and Pfalz DXII, maybe I need to do some other historical researches but not so much;
3. I would like to give some support to Pat for the squadrons assignations, I tried to contact him but probably still in trouble with his PC… Would be great have DIII too with its squadrons and skins…
4. And to finish - important - reupdate pre Spring 18 German skinpack with two skins corrected thanks to DerMo

Any advise you find to give me is very appreciated, I love skins and historical aspects of the game and any clue you have about will help me and all of us to have the most realistic references to play.

#58 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 03 February 2010 - 15:01

Not only too dark, but not green enough.

see this pic: http://cdn-www.airli...8/3/1204386.jpg">http://cdn-www.airli....net/aviation-p … 204386.jpg

I wish you good luck finishing this tremendous work. I think Neoqb should at least give you all the planes for fee :D

#59 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 03 February 2010 - 15:17

Not only too dark, but not green enough.

see this pic: http://cdn-www.airli...8/3/1204386.jpg">http://cdn-www.airli....net/aviation-p … 204386.jpg

I wish you good luck finishing this tremendous work. I think Neoqb should at least give you all the planes for fee :D

Thanks for the picture, I was looking to a couple of pictures I shoot in the Museum of Flight in Seattle and color is exactly matching with the one you post me!

I was looking on Camels too, seeing pictures it seems right, Camel seems generally more olive, it has brown nuances. I need to check if there are any variation series by series…

Sop Trip from pictures is of a fresh green like the SEa5…

#60 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 03 February 2010 - 15:59

I read an interview with an old SE5a pilot somewhere and he said that as new they were fresh olive (like on the pic), and as time went by they became more and more brownish. Another suggestion: have you considered using the inboard roundels for the early skins?

#61 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 03 February 2010 - 17:17

Do you mean the ones without the white thin border?
If so, I read an article on aerodrome (while I was looking to German markings dates) where it says on 1917 British added white thin line outside blue circle, don't know the month, do you know this detail?

Another thing I just read is British adopted "Dark-colored PC10 and PC12 finishes" just before the adding of the white thin border…
Do you have any info about? I will do some researches…

I find this:
PC10 = Olivey brown
PC12 = a milk chocolatey brown

My main passion is on Germans skins, so I need to search in my documentation about British, I'm not so informed as I am on Germans.
But this details are very interesting!

#62 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 03 February 2010 - 17:28

No, I mean that the roundels were not painted on the wingtip but a bit inwards:

The 1 inch white band was present on every aircraft apart from the first series built by the Royal Aircraft Factory.

#63 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 03 February 2010 - 17:29

Do you mean the ones without the white thin border?
If so, I read an article on aerodrome (while I was looking to German markings dates) where it says on 1917 British added white thin line outside blue circle, don't know the month, do you know this detail?

Month when national roundels were underlined with thin white border was May 1917 (only on camoufled surfaces)

#64 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 03 February 2010 - 17:38

I Didn't know that! Great I will tune early British skins with new roundels!
Reading about PC10 and PC12 should I edit something?

Clear about the adoption of PC10 and PC12 at the moment early camo is not involved in campaign generator.

#65 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:41

The SE's color: I was surprised to see that it's actually GREEN! like the US olive drab in WWII.

(NOTE the pics are a bit dark)

this one was taken without flash:

As for the roundels, I'd go for inboard roundels (with white band) for the early pack, and regular position roundels for the late pack.

#66 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:20

These are great pictures! Because is a quick task probably I will update British before second German pack.

In this days, during my free time I'm enjoying… ehm testing my work ;) I hope to do start with updates before the end of the week.

I tried also to contact Pat, he answered me once but soon disappeared, He seemed interested in my help but I think he didn't know about pack I done because He explained me how his skins association system works…

I suggested him to add a system to set skins by period too! A simple system based on naming conventions… I hope to give him a hand before next campaign generator update.

#67 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:34

I suggest you contact him on SimHQ, he checks it more often than these forums.

#68 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:06

I suggest you contact him on SimHQ, he checks it more often than these forums.

Is where I contacted him, I'm waiting there

#69 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:19

Ansirial:
Are your skins fitted to work with ROF missions, using mods on?

#70 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 11 February 2010 - 22:50

Yes sure! Just you have to set the manually.
If you use Campaign generator system will chose and uses skins automatically.

Unfortunately stock RoF functions does not chose automatically skins.

#71 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 26 February 2010 - 14:46

Waiting for Pat, I found an interesting system to update squadron list in order to correct historical inaccuracies (and adding new jastas with, when possible, their skins).

Starting with Germans we have 88 jastas, I'm preparing a list with plane assignations and aerodromes month by month.

It's an hard work, help will be appreciated to understand correct planes used and aerodromes.
Completed this work I will prepare squadron file to update Campaign generator + new skins required.

P.S.: Working also on SE5a… coming soon!

#72 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 27 February 2010 - 18:27

I just received a message from Pat! He is considering the idea to create a fantastic system to make able to create different skins assignations month by month!!!

This means that we will be able to have an incredible historical accuracy skinning changing planes through the whole war!

Some updates on skinpacks will be necessary in order to have an unique skinpack for the whole war

#73 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 27 February 2010 - 23:07

Finally I'm working on SE5a, roundels already moved inside on early planes but…
I've a question is somebody can help me:

I've to chose right color, I find some profiles in PC10 (Olivey brown - the green visible in the photos above) and some other in PC12 (milk chocolatey brown). Pictures are unuseful so do you have any clue?

#74 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:33

I read a couple of interesting articles over the internet…
About PC12 no doubt, it seems the RNAS favorite color and was brown.

About PC10 seems the more common color from the time the British decided to paint their planes.
PC10 was mainly green as depicted by many profiles or recent pictures.

But there is an important thing I read: his chemical formula used a large part of pure iron so original green became soon brown because the rust in the iron! This is revealed also according to many sources.

By these documents I prefer to chose brown because after few weeks the original green became brown.

Should I tune camel color to brown too?

#75 kugelfang

kugelfang

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:48

Great work Ansirial!

This puts RoF to a completely new level of immersion. Really exceptional effort. Thanks very much, in conjunction with CG this puts the product where it should be from the shelve.

Tbh i think it´s kind of a shame that dedicated people like you or Pat have to show neobq how it REALLY should be done. A great combat flightsim doesn´t end at the DM an FM, that´s where it should start. The simulation model is the framework within an immersive and enjoyable content should take place - and this content creates numerous hours of memorable experiances.

regards
Kugelfang

#76 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 07 March 2010 - 16:37

Thank you Kugelfang!
I completely agree with you, and I hope mine and all the other skinners and third party work will give some directions to devs in order to improve historical immersion of the sim.

As I told before in some thread IMHO a plane sim, and especially a WWI sim, must have an accurate skin support to improve involvement, just take a look to any of WWI plane pictures - no one plane is identical to another.

However more skins will be ready soon!

#77 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:21

Just revised topic to include medals too due to imminent release of a new CG!
Stay tuned at the moment I'm revising plane files to correctly match plane types and preparing post spring 18 German skinpack.

#78 mungo1972

mungo1972

Posted 13 March 2010 - 13:02

Hi Ansirial ,
Great work , very impressive these downloads will make the game even more fun to play :D

Thankyou
Mungo

#79 kugelfang

kugelfang

Posted 14 March 2010 - 19:04

Hi Ansirial,

very nice work on the medals!

many thanks again
Kugelfang

#80 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 14 March 2010 - 22:36