- - - - -

ROF GRAPHICS REQUIREMENTS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 25 November 2021 - 13:32

Will ROF run on Intel UHD Graphics 630 if the CPU and RAM exceed ROF minimum requirements?

ROF specifies the Radeon 3800 but the 630 benchmarks higher.  (See link.)

630 plays MS Flight Sim a little shakey but GTA5 smoothly in Youtube videos I've seen.

So what do you think?  Will ROF work with UHD Graphics 630?

https://gpu.userbenc.../m356797vsm8529

#2 VonS

VonS

Posted Yesterday, 19:42

@OP, I suppose there's only one way to find out -- but that one way will have to wait a while in my case until/if I set up a Windows10 (or 11) Bootcamp partition on my Mac Mini 2018 that has the UHD 630 in it. Probably won't hurt to use this utility in conjunction with such an experiment too, to get as many FPS as possible out of RoF on integrated vid. If you load up RoF first on an UHD 630, do tell in the forums here - I'm sure many of us would appreciate the results of the experiment.

Perhaps it will work with RoF considering that RoF is a decade-old sim - might not get 60 FPS on high/max settings but if you can manage about 40-50 FPS minimum - that's just fine and you will be pleased knowing that the UHD 630 has been put to good use. Although, I have to admit, if you can't run RoF at higher than medium graphics settings, to maintain about 40-50 FPS, that's a shame since a lot of the nice aesthetics of the sim. are then lost.

Cheers all and happy RoFing on newish integrated vid. cards (if FPS prove satisfactory at high/max graphics settings),

Von S :icon_cool:

~ FE2 FM & Realism mods.: https://tinyurl.com/FE2fms ~

~ WOFF/WOTR mods.: https://tinyurl.com/WOFFWOTRmods ~

~ WW1 Novel: http://ladyharbury.kissr.com ~

#3 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted Today, 07:27

@OP, I suppose there's only one way to find out -- but that one way will have to wait a while in my case until/if I set up a Windows10 (or 11) Bootcamp partition on my Mac Mini 2018 that has the UHD 630 in it. Probably won't hurt to use this utility in conjunction with such an experiment too, to get as many FPS as possible out of RoF on integrated vid. If you load up RoF first on an UHD 630, do tell in the forums here - I'm sure many of us would appreciate the results of the experiment.

Perhaps it will work with RoF considering that RoF is a decade-old sim - might not get 60 FPS on high/max settings but if you can manage about 40-50 FPS minimum - that's just fine and you will be pleased knowing that the UHD 630 has been put to good use. Although, I have to admit, if you can't run RoF at higher than medium graphics settings, to maintain about 40-50 FPS, that's a shame since a lot of the nice aesthetics of the sim. are then lost.

Cheers all and happy RoFing on newish integrated vid. cards (if FPS prove satisfactory at high/max graphics settings),

Von S :icon_cool:

Thanks for the reply.  Here's my situation:

HISTORY: Been flying a 2004 Cybertron for ROF and FC1 in 2D; and for the past few years, FC1&2 in VR with a Rift CV1.  Then, the motherboard went south.  I wanted to get it working because it has all those original files, accounts, and such; for my CH Controls, as well.

I bought a replacement motherboard but bent a pin installing it.  Decided to buy a new and better gaming computer. 

I got an R7-5800X / 3800 for FCVR on sale; saving $600 USD. 

With the savings we also bought a prebuilt Desktop for browsing, business, and so on.  Based on ROF required specs, that desktop comes with more than adequate CPU and RAM, but the GPU is the Intel 630 and that's unknown to me.

I compared specs and the 630 looks more robust than the ROF recommended Radeon 3800; I think it will work but thought I'd ask..  So thanks again for your reply.

NOW: Looks like we'll find out next week, maybe. 

Plan A:  Boot the new computer and try uploading ROF fresh. 

Plan B; Fix the Cybertron (I have two motherboards in the mail arriving in the next week) and then transfer my original ROF, and CH Controls Folders to the new computer.

I should have results in the next week or so; and yes, I'll make them public.  Might help somebody save money on a new computer; or find an unexpected use for a desktop they didn't think was up to gaming.

And still interested: if anyone is flying ROF with a 630, please sound off about it.

Prosit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users