Photo
- - - - -

Quick question for Gooseh

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mortoma541

mortoma541

Posted 10 October 2021 - 11:15

After I posted that post about the wonky aircraft selections I had with one career, I learned how to edit the squadron file because you revealed the secret. And right after that I started a mid to late war German career in the Dr.1. I started a Jasta 10 career with Werner Voss in the squadron.

Trouble was, I only flew about four missions in the Dr.1 and then Jasta 10 quit flying it. I didn't wish to start yet another career, so knowing finally how to change things in the squadron file, I simply extended the end date for the Dr.1 until early 1918, about 5 more months than they really flew it (if the start/dates were correct for Jasta 10 to begin with). But now I'm done flying that career because I got "killed" and now forget what the original Jasta 10 start/end dates for the Dr.1 were. Would like to change the dates back to original.

I did happen to look at other Jastas and found that almost no other Jasta ended flying the Dr.1s so early (not even close). But still want to change it back anyway to what it was, even though they only flew it a few short weeks according to the file dates. So if you could look and give me the original dates, I would thank you kindly. Who knows if they got that right or not but it is what it is. 

BTW, I got killed in the Dr.1 because I tried a sudden left turn too close to the ground. Don't try this at home. The Dr.1 has to be coaxed into turning left gently as you might know.

#2 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 10 October 2021 - 13:06

Yeah, so here's the thing. Jasta 10 didn't fly the DR1. Voss flew a prototype (FI 103/17) while at 10 and as far as I'm aware no other DR1s made it to the Jasta. He was the star and he got the plane!

However in order for Voss to fly his legendary crate in the time period he did, Jasta 10 must be supplied with the plane at that given time. There's no way for an ace to fly a plane unless the squadron he is in has it also.

So from an historical perspective, were you to be creating a mission with Voss in it at that particular time period, you could change all the other pilots crates to Albatros or Pfalz (assuming they are automatically assigned a DR1, which I think you'll find PWCG does) and you're off.

Similarly I'm not aware of Voss flying an Alb, he preferred the Pfalz until he got his DR1, which he flew from 28 Aug (maybe?) to his death on 23 Sept. So I just supplied the DR1 to Jasta 10 from mid Sept until 24 Sept only. 

Plane
            {
                Id = 501005; (this is the DR1 code)
                StartDate = 15/09/1917;
                EndDate = 24/09/1917;
            }

Plane 

You can, of course, fiddle with the dates/planes of any unit to your hearts content, if you recall we added the Hanriot to French units. Just make sure you have a copy of your squinf, as mistakes can be hard to rectify!

FYI, there's a very useful webpage for the DR1 at www.fokkerdr1.com  You can see which units were supplied and with it and when:

http://www.fokkerdr1..._In_Service.htm

Does that make sense?

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#3 mortoma541

mortoma541

Posted 11 October 2021 - 08:34

Okay, cool! Thanks kindly....All I need and more.

But of course I started the Dr.1 career as I normally do, I just went in and started changing dates and squadrons until I finally saw the Dr.1 available for Jasta 10, no way to know the squadron file was set for them to only fly it for just a few days. And I didn't care which Jasta it was flown in. I just happened to see it first when I clicked on Jasta 10 as I went through a lot of drop down menus. I didn't bother to look at the info in the squadron file. But I will from now on!!

As a side question, if you added some Hanriots to French units, do the French roundel insignias appear on those Hanriots or do they retain Belgium marking roundels? I have not downloaded any of your edited file structures, have no idea where to get them.

#4 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 11 October 2021 - 17:15

I haven't added Hanriots to any French units, I just tested one to see if it was possible, and it is, since you had asked previously.

The default Hanriot comes with Belgian roundels however. I haven't made skins for any French units at all, just the Germans, some Austrians and the Belgians at this point.

I have made significant headway with the Americans, which are looking very nice.

S!

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#5 mortoma541

mortoma541

Posted 12 October 2021 - 10:03

Awesome.....  B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users