- - - - -

Hi

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfkind252

Wolfkind252
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 30 May 2021 - 21:33

I'm new, I just downloaded Rise of Flight, I hope its better that the other flight sim I played

I know I got a lot to learn, but WWI airplanes seen more interesting that WWII planes do, My History teacher said WWI was good war, mainly because they used horses I guess

#2 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 02 June 2021 - 08:06

'A good war'.

Yeah I heard it was great, and the horses really had a good time.

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#3 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:48

My History teacher said WWI was good war, mainly because they used horses I guess

Pro tip = Get a new history teacher ASAP.

#4 x3_BoneAce

x3_BoneAce

Posted 02 June 2021 - 15:34

welcome to the game

#5 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 03 June 2021 - 23:32

It is customary for the English-speaking community to open a new topic for each of its little questions. "Guys, my left egg is itching! What should I do?" And this has been discussed for a week .. "Guys, now my right egg is itching! Advise how to solve this new problem" And this again provokes weekly discussions. And all because the authors of these topics are very lazy - they just need to use the search, and they will get an answer to their questions - and this answer is "Dude, you need to wash yourself."

#6 Steamboat_Willie

Steamboat_Willie

Posted 04 June 2021 - 02:51

Hello and welcome to the club. Steer clear of the frumpy old gucks and you'll do just fine.. There is a wealth of info here, so make sure you do independent research before disturbing anyone's nap with questions. Salute.

#7 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 04 June 2021 - 03:47

. There is a wealth of info here, so make sure you do independent research before disturbing anyone's nap with questions.

If the OP asked a question, it was too subtle for me.

In my culture, when one admits to making a correctable mistake, one corrects it.

#8 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 04 June 2021 - 07:54

Hello and welcome to the club. Steer clear of the frumpy old gucks and you'll do just fine.. There is a wealth of info here, so make sure you do independent research before disturbing anyone's nap with questions. Salute.

Don't be Weamboat Sillie !

#9 Steamboat_Willie

Steamboat_Willie

Posted 04 June 2021 - 12:11

See above for the original statement about questions.

#10 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 June 2021 - 22:41

There is no question there. The dude downloaded the game and opened a new topic for this trifling matter. If by this he wanted to achieve this so that Mickey Mouse would kiss his ass, then we can say that he achieved his goal.

#11 Steamboat_Willie

Steamboat_Willie

Posted 10 June 2021 - 23:35

Having a bad day? Or are you always an asshole?

#12 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 11 June 2021 - 00:19

Having a bad day? Or are you always an asshole?

You have two questions here, and I'm sure you don't give a damn about any answers to both of these questions. So why the hell did you write them?

#13 Steamboat_Willie

Steamboat_Willie

Posted 11 June 2021 - 00:26

It's a fair question. You're acting like a jerk. Is that your normal demeanor?

#14 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 11 June 2021 - 00:31

It's a fair question. You're acting like a jerk. Is that your normal demeanor?

I see you decided to teach me a lesson in good manners) Well, I am listening to you attentively, I already sat down in a chair, took a cup of tea. So get started ;-)

#15 Steamboat_Willie

Steamboat_Willie

Posted 11 June 2021 - 00:55

Ok..short lesson today. Don't be so rude. Work on it. I'm sure you can do it.

#16 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:41

The forum has a new justice warrior - Hooray !

#17 Steamboat_Willie

Steamboat_Willie

Posted 11 June 2021 - 14:10

You're welcome.

#18 Federinz

Federinz
  • LocationSvizzera

Posted 11 June 2021 - 22:52

I'm new, I just downloaded Rise of Flight, I hope its better that the other flight sim I played

I know I got a lot to learn, but WWI airplanes seen more interesting that WWII planes do, My History teacher said WWI was good war, mainly because they used horses I guess

Hello and welcome to Rise of Flight!

I do not know what other flight simulators you previously played and with which plane models, but I hope you'll have some genuine fun.

Early planes are peculiar, for sure. Take your time to get to know the machines, it might be a steep learning curve but very rewarding.

About the "good war", I do not know your teacher's whole argument (nor the curious horses' implication in it either) but I would not call World War One a good war (I'd personally say there is no such thing as a "good war" at all). Stretching my thoughts I MIGHT see what your teacher meant saying that, but still not the best terms referring to 1914-1918.

In any case, you'll find many knowledgeable members in this community. If you have any questions have a good search in the forum or eventually post your doubts. :icon_e_salute:

For the history part, The Aerodrome is a great site and at the very least it will hint to some good litterature about WW1 aviation.

Hope to see you in-game!

Cordially,

Fried

#19 matt1964

matt1964

Posted 15 June 2021 - 19:14

Welcome Wolfkind252.  I've been playing ROF for about two months and I am enjoying the heck out of it.  The campaign mode is every bit as good as the old Dynamix Red Baron.

Save the Ales!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users