- - - - -

Gooseh's Skins - By Aircraft

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 12 May 2021 - 17:04

Hello all.

I have packaged up the skins I have made for PWCG plane by plane. If you have already downloaded these I would recommend you download these packs anyway. I have added additional skins for each Jasta to overcome a problem with skin assignments within PWCG and have had to jiggle quite a few around to include some aces I had missed. You can just overwrite any currently in your skin folders. Or not, choice is yours!

I have done my best to check all these but I don't have the time to do a thorough job, but in the little bit of flying around I have done, I haven't seen any problems and the sky is a riot of colour!

German Scouts

Albatros D2 - 127 skins - 64MB - 677MB unpacked

Albatros D2Late - 148 skins - 70MB - 789MB upacked

Albatros D3 - 467 skins - 247MB - 2.43GB unpacked

Albatros D5 - 995 skins - 593MB - 5.18GB unpacked

Brandenberg W12 - 22 skins - 4MB - 117MB unpacked

Fokker E3 - 24 skins - 22MB - 128MB unpacked

Fokker Dr1 - 383 skins - 260MB - 1.99GB unpacked

Fokker D7 - 571 skins - 351MB - 2.97GB unpacked

Fokker D7f - 107 skins - 48MB - 570MB unpacked

Fokker D8 - 65 skins - 34MB - 346MB unpacked

Halberstadt D2 - 129 skins - 68MB - 688MB unpacked

Pfalz D3 - 462 skins - 189MB - 2.4GB unpacked

Pfalz D12 - 89 skins - 36MB - 474MB unpacked

Total 3589 skins - 18.6GB unpacked

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

German Recon/Bombers

DFWC5 - 340 skins - 75MB - 1.77GB unpacked

Gotha GV - 55 skins  - 11MB - 453MB unpacked

Halberstadt CL2 - 143 skins - 38MB-  843MB unpacked

Halberstadt CL2au - 60 skins - 15MB - 336MB unpacked

Roland C2a - 105 skins - 41MB - 460mb unpacked

Total 703 skins - 3.64GB unpacked

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently I failed to include Fokker DR1 skins for Adolf von Tutschek so there's 2 of them here:

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#2 Vintagecow

Vintagecow

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:32

Wow, very nice work!

#3 FGTH-Fan

FGTH-Fan
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2021 - 14:07

Thank You Very Much Sir!  :icon_e_salute:

#4 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 15 May 2021 - 13:00

So....if you have downloaded all the skins and they are in the correct skin folders, we can replace the relevant folders and files in PWCG to enable all these skins to appear in game.

Download this.

https://www.mediafir.../Latest.7z/file

Perhaps it would help if I explain probably the simplest way to do this? 

1. Attached File  1.jpg   628.27KB   3 downloads

Open up your main ROF directory. Mine is 'G: 777 Rise of Flight.' Yours may be different. Either way, in that folder will be your existing RoFCampaign folder. 

2.Attached File  2.jpg   622.8KB   3 downloads

Copy & paste the RoFCampaign folder. You now have 2. RofCampaign, which we shall work on and RoFCampaign - copy, safely backed up. Just leave it where it is and you can reactivate it by simply switching them back again. You can have multiple installs. ROF will only use whichever one is named 'RoFCampaign.'

3.Attached File  3.jpg   436.25KB   0 downloadsAttached File  4.jpg   317.68KB   0 downloads

Open up RofCampaign, then open Data then Input.

4.Attached File  5.jpg   626.52KB   0 downloads

You will see 2 folders and a file we need to replace. Aces contains all the data for the aces within ROF. Skins contains all the data for the personal skins available. SquadronInfo contains all the information about each unit, what planes they fly, when and from what airfields.

5.Attached File  6.png   237.57KB   0 downloads Attached File  8.png   246.07KB   0 downloadsAttached File  9.png   239.41KB   0 downloads

Open the folder posted above to your desktop. You can drag and drop (or C&P) the 3 files into your Input folder. This will overwrite the existing data with the new stuff. 

So far so good....hopefully.

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#5 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 15 May 2021 - 13:08

While we are here, go ahead and open up your new Aces folder. We are going to remove someone.

1.Attached File  1.png   207.77KB   0 downloads
In the top right hand corner, do a search for 'bernert'.

2.Attached File  2.png   230.76KB   0 downloads
The results should throw up 2. Fritz & Otto. From my research this appears to be the same pilot, Fritz Otto Bernert. Go ahead and delete Otto. He won't appear in game anymore and I didn't make any skins for him for this reason. If anyone knows different let me know and I can make some skins for him and put him back in his rightful place!

You should now be ready to start playing...your existing campaigns should still be intact, so you can carry on with those. Only the skin options you have and maybe the plane you're flying will have changed..I hope...S!

#6 FliegerEins

FliegerEins

Posted 16 May 2021 - 20:45

Thank you again so much for all this!! I had downloaded all your skins with pics and descriptions before. Now with these newer skins and files, I can delete the old files. We all appreciate all your work-it helps to keep the Great War aviation history alive! I will be more than ready to download any other skins and files that you may want to create (Entente and other Central Powers)! We are indebted to you! Thank you very much! S!    :icon_e_salute:  :icon_e_salute:  :icon_e_salute:

#7 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 20 May 2021 - 09:48

Thank you again so much for all this!! I had downloaded all your skins with pics and descriptions before. Now with these newer skins and files, I can delete the old files. We all appreciate all your work-it helps to keep the Great War aviation history alive! I will be more than ready to download any other skins and files that you may want to create (Entente and other Central Powers)! We are indebted to you! Thank you very much! S!    :icon_e_salute:  :icon_e_salute:  :icon_e_salute:

Thank you. Hopefully you are now able to fit your whole team out with personal skins and the skies are full of funky paint schemes. I am considering having a look at the Entente side of things, starting with the USAS2 seaters...

#8 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 20 May 2021 - 10:25

Nah...

#9 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 May 2021 - 16:38

Gooseh - I did pretty much all the PWCG-related Entente skins I could that I had reference materials for at the time, but I probably didn't manage to get all of the units PWCG has available covered, so I'm sure you could probably find some new ones to do if you're really so inclined.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#10 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 20 May 2021 - 16:51

Gooseh - I did pretty much all the PWCG-related Entente skins I could that I had reference materials for at the time, but I probably didn't manage to get all of the units PWCG has available covered, so I'm sure you could probably find some new ones to do if you're really so inclined.

Cheers, I was looking at the Yankee 2 seaters, since we were messing with the DH4 for the PBS thing and I'd pretty much finished my template for that. There's a ton of cool profiles out there but the units PWCG has are bit more elusive sadly. 

#11 OskarGeiner

OskarGeiner

Posted 04 June 2021 - 14:34

Great job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users