- - - - -

Sopwith Dolphin spin management?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IanKinzel

IanKinzel

Posted 11 May 2021 - 00:34

Hi all,

I'm finding that with the Sopwith Dolphin, it's like living with my ex again: every little thing I do gets me stuck in a death spiral that just ends with everything crashing and burning.  :icon_lol:

I'm aware of the instructions for how to manage a spin in the Dolphin, but I'm finding that following those instructions either does nothing or just reverses the direction of the spin before my pilot dies.

I'm finding that there are only two settings that address this problem:

#1 - if I turn "AUTORUDDER" on and then do the opposite of what the instruction manual says, then I can get out of the spin

#2 - if I turn "EASY PILOT" on, then the spin doesn't happen in the first place

The problem then, however, is that the Dolphin moves like a brick and I'm getting beaten in turn fights by AI pilots in Fokker Eindeckers.

So...yeah...help plz...

#2 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 12 May 2021 - 11:19

I'm aware of the instructions for how to manage a spin in the Dolphin, but I'm finding that following those instructions either does nothing or just reverses the direction of the spin before my pilot dies.

On this plane, spin recovery can be done without involving the rudder or throttle.

As always, determine the direction in which the plane is spinning. Hold the stick fully back and in the direction of the spin for at least one second, then hold it fully forward and in the direction of the spin.  There's no need to touch the rudder.

In my culture, when one admits to making a correctable mistake, one corrects it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users