Photo
- - - - -

impossibility to stabilize the plane with the joystick (THRUSTMASTER)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FERIGLE

FERIGLE

Posted 15 April 2021 - 16:29

When the airplane is unhooked it moves to the left, if i hold it with the joystick once in the air it does the same thing, it turns to the right and down and falls down.
when i have managed to fly it is very difficult to keep it stable without constantly correcting it with the joystick.
?WHAT CAN IT BE DUE TO?

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 15 April 2021 - 18:33

Hard to tell from that description, but the second part ("turns to the right and down and falls down") sounds like it's stalling out, probably losing too much airspeed by trying to climb too steeply.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#3 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 16 April 2021 - 03:19

First of all I'd make sure your joystick is calibrated correctly.

If it is take a gentle plane for a spin (Albatros D5, definitely NOT Fokker DR1 or Camel) and try the training missions. If you are still having problems post here. 

S!

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#4 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 20 April 2021 - 06:42

at least the poor bugger can GET the game server to HONOR HIS PASSWORD. 

#5 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 02 May 2021 - 17:55

on my install the planes will ALWAYS angle upwards when left to themselves

#6 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:18

In general, with spring-loaded joysticks, all the planes are tail heavy to varying degrees in RoF.

Some (mostly British) have elevator trim that can help mitigate that, but in short, you're going to have that issue with most of the planes unless you:  A> use a Force Feedback stick,  and/or  B>  Adjust response curves.

Gooseh's advice is sound.  Start with (free plane) Albatros DVa, which is both gently forgiving, and capable (in expert hands), and get a sense of how it flies.  If you're experiencing difficulties there, then a more detailed post will help us assist with whatever issue you're continuing to have....

Regards,

4 ~S!~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users