Photo
- - - - -

Modifying the plane's endurance

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dupxo7

Dupxo7

Posted 01 April 2021 - 18:24

Is it possible to change plane's endurance? For example i would like to change DFW C.V endurance to 3.5 hours (reliable data stated in many books).

#2 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 02 April 2021 - 11:33

Is it possible to change plane's endurance? For example i would like to change DFW C.V endurance to 3.5 hours (reliable data stated in many books).

You can modify your fuel load but that's it.

#3 Kelp44

Kelp44
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 April 2021 - 15:18

On top of the 100% gas go for no payload, no bombs nor ammo and kill your gunner with your sidearm preferably before takeoff )))

Planing course with heavy tailwind might help too :icon_cool:

#4 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:02

Set to unlimited fuel and after 3h of constant flying you will fall asleep while have seen all the edges of the map.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#5 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 03 April 2021 - 13:49

cruise setting vs full throttle may add to endurance.

#6 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 03 April 2021 - 13:56

In RoF, what do you consider to be that plane's current endurance?

In my culture, when one admits to making a correctable mistake, one corrects it.

#7 Dupxo7

Dupxo7

Posted 03 April 2021 - 15:36

Set to unlimited fuel and after 3h of constant flying you will fall asleep while have seen all the edges of the map.

You can laugh but for recon plane it is very important to have best endurance. Many times i had to return from artillery spotting mission too early.

In RoF, what do you consider to be that plane's current endurance?

I don't understand your question a bit. It should be 3.5 hours, sources for example: Kites, Birs and Stuff - Aircraft of Germany A-D", "World War I: A Student Encyclopedia", "World War I: The Definitive Encyclopedia and Document Collection" and "German and Austro-Hungarian Aircraft Manufacturers 1908-1918"

Generally it is strange situation with DFW C.V endurance. In game manual we can read that DFW has 3.5 hrs endurance, in game store 3 hrs, but in game it has only about 2 hrs.

#8 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 03 April 2021 - 17:58

Generally it is strange situation with DFW C.V endurance. In game manual we can read that DFW has 3.5 hrs endurance, in game store 3 hrs, but in game it has only about 2 hrs.

That's what I was asking:  Have you measured the endurance, and if so, how?

From my tests, this plane has an endurance of around 85 minutes.

In my culture, when one admits to making a correctable mistake, one corrects it.

#9 Dupxo7

Dupxo7

Posted 03 April 2021 - 20:13

That's what I was asking:  Have you measured the endurance, and if so, how?

From my tests, this plane has an endurance of around 85 minutes.

Thanks for your data Arty! 85 minutes only? Now it is just sad.

Frankly, I didn't measure it anyway. I just looked on Maximall "Benzihn-Uhr" clock which shows about 130 minutes for 100% fuel load. Plane's description in game also shows 2 hrs endurance.After more than 1 hour true-time gaming + some time accelerating my fuel tank always gets empty, so i assumed that DFW endurance is about 2 hrs.

I unzipped GTP files and i was searching plane files but didn't find any line of code or something which corresponds to plane's endurance. Thats why i am asking for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users