- - - - -

Snarling Trolls' Bots Using Names of Bio-Players

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 03 March 2021 - 18:12

As any responsible server operator, I am obliged to carry-out regularly what I call optimistically 'quality audits' of  competing servers. During one of these, it came to my notice in one map, that some of this server's bots had been applied the exact names of known players.  Regardless of whether the players involved have granted permission, I would question the advisability of this action, in that unknowingly the actions of these bots could be confused with those of real players, bringing the latter unjustifiably into disrepute. 

In my culture, when one admits to making a correctable mistake, one corrects it.

#2 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 04 March 2021 - 12:48

That's a reasonable assessment.

However, there will be nothing to oblige seeking permission to use a fictional pilot name.

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#3 ST_Agent86

ST_Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 30 March 2021 - 12:52

I noticed this too.

Attached Files

#4 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 30 March 2021 - 23:36

:icon_lol:

#5 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 04 April 2021 - 01:51

Del

#6 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 04 April 2021 - 01:57

Del

#7 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 04 April 2021 - 02:05

That's a reasonable assessment.
However, there will be nothing to oblige seeking permission to use a fictional pilot name.

I believe that using my name without my permission is a personal insult on the part of the server holder. if I see this, I will not be silent. And I also declare that using the names of other players without their knowledge is a crime. I object to this practice!

#8 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:26

I believe that using my name without my permission is a personal insult on the part of the server holder. if I see this, I will not be silent. And I also declare that using the names of other players without their knowledge is a crime. I object to this practice!

I've rarely been flying ww1 lately, but I think for example one of the bots is called 'Bandit' - who you'll be aware is an ST anyway.

It may be distressing for you to know that I parodied your name on one of my FC maps.....  Dick Emely.

You won't understand, but it's really awfully clever !

And there was never any assertion that you yourself are a 'dick' (I quite like you actually).

You'd need to look up Dick Eme r y to understand my genius.

For the love of a good woman we must not lose our sense of humour.

Salute !

#9 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:10

Attached File  giphy_s.gif   61.72KB   0 downloads

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#10 ST_Agent86

ST_Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 04 April 2021 - 12:21

crimewatch-mcgruff-the-crime-dog-take-a-

#11 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 07 April 2021 - 19:32

For the love of a good woman we must not lose our sense of humour.

Salute !

I always thought well of you, you are generally a comfortable conversationalist and just as a comfortable pilot on dogfight. But here's the thing guys ... I actually find 90% of English humor extremely dumb here, especially those idiotic pictures from the Internet. And probably you should think that someone will simply draw funny (from their point of view, just funny) pictures, and then someone else will come and cut off the head of the author of these pictures.

#12 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 08 April 2021 - 00:02

Dick Emery.

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#13 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:36

Attached File  giphy1.gif   1.7MB   0 downloads

#14 ST_Agent86

ST_Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 08 April 2021 - 13:01

Hey  =VS=_emely

#15 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 08 April 2021 - 14:05

I always thought well of you, you are generally a comfortable conversationalist and just as a comfortable pilot on dogfight. But here's the thing guys ... I actually find 90% of English humor extremely dumb here, especially those idiotic pictures from the Internet. And probably you should think that someone will simply draw funny (from their point of view, just funny) pictures, and then someone else will come and cut off the head of the author of these pictures.

I thank you for your kind words Emely ! But in a dogfight you pump me every time :)))

Humour can be a bit intellectual, but it probably works best when it's dumb. We call it 'slapstick'.

Although much of the dumb stuff is deeper than it may seem at first !

4616056-3x2-700x467.jpg

Salute !

#16 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:40

I always thought well of you, you are generally a comfortable conversationalist and just as a comfortable pilot on dogfight.

Hopefully you're not confusing the real Zooropa Fly with the bot of the same name.  It's especially important for Zooropa Fly himself not to make that mistake; it could trick him into de-spawning himself.

In my culture, when one admits to making a correctable mistake, one corrects it.

#17 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 09 April 2021 - 05:30

Hopefully you're not confusing the real Zooropa Fly with the bot of the same name.  It's especially important for Zooropa Fly himself not to make that mistake; it could trick him into de-spawning himself.

:D

There's not a bot using my name is there ?

That's outrageous !

#18 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 April 2021 - 23:32

I thank you for your kind words Emely ! But in a dogfight you pump me every time :)))
Humour can be a bit intellectual, but it probably works best when it's dumb. We call it 'slapstick'.
Although much of the dumb stuff is deeper than it may seem at first !

Salute !

Hi! The shades and facets of humor even in one nation are very subtle. There is text and there is context. At some time, something may be a joke, at another time, the same joke will be a deadly insult and the beginning of a vendetta. Most of the RoF pilots successfully keep a balance in this matter, but sometimes there are not very successful jokes from different angles. However, despite the huge difference in mentality, worldview and other different things between us, we are united by a great love of flying on airplanes made of canvas and wooden slats .. Yes, and this most often gives us the opportunity to understand each other than not to understand Therefore, we write to each other S! than writing something not very pleasant :-)
On the question of using other people's names for bots, I can say this. The idea itself does not seem attractive or interesting to me. Realizing that it is not a person who is fighting with me, but a bot with his name, I feel only irritation from this game, and try to get away from this stupid battle. In principle, I am against using bots online - this is not interesting, it is stupid. If there are no opponents on the server, I have a lot of my bots in a quick flight.
And if the creator of the maps uses my name for such a bot - I take it as an insult. This is my position, my opinion. I hope everyone understands me.

#19 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 April 2021 - 23:39

As far as I know, bots have not learned how to write messages in chat ... Moreover, bots have not learned to fly so well - so that I would feel the constant risk of death from their machine guns)) Therefore, I am sure that I was not mistaken :-)

#20 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 April 2021 - 23:48

Hey  =VS=_emely

https://www.youtube....h?v=B0sK-VFYtXA

Hi! You wanted to say something by posting this song. I wondered - what did you want to say? :-) I understand for example this ...
https://youtu.be/eiEeSrLdCv4

#21 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 11 April 2021 - 10:16

Just to clarify Emely, I never used anyone's actual pilot name as a bot.

I made a 'comedy' name around them. For Example ST Gary became ST Gory, ST Nooney - ST Looney, Hotlead Coldfeet - Coldlead Hotfeet, etc etc.

The intention was never to offend anyone, and it never ooccured that it would.

It was purely for a laugh, and to maybe get a little interest in FC airquake.

Fear not, the sever hasn't been running for some time anyway since air-quakey action never took off.

S!

#22 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 11 April 2021 - 17:06

Hi! You wanted to say something by posting this song. I wondered - what did you want to say?

The operative phrase is "get over it", which is used to imply to the recipient that they are over-reacting to something.  He would have looked far better just writing it.

#23 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 11 April 2021 - 23:32

I made a 'comedy' name around them. For Example ST Gary became ST Gory, ST Nooney - ST Looney, Hotlead Coldfeet - Coldlead Hotfeet, etc etc.

Fear not, the sever hasn't been running for some time anyway since air-quakey action never took off.

S!

Hi! I have NO complaints about you! :-) Sometimes it is so difficult to speak even one language, and with different languages ‚Äč‚Äčthere are even more problems. I speak in response to the title of the topic, and not to you specifically. If you personally asked me, I would personally give YOU permission to make a bot with my nickname. But only in this case ;-)) See you in the virtual sky, S!

#24 ST_Agent86

ST_Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted Yesterday, 17:43

All in good fun. Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive anyway.... :icon_lol:

#25 ST_Agent86

ST_Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted Yesterday, 17:45

S!

Don't forget  " A Gay Gent"  :icon_e_wink:

#26 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted Today, 10:25

You mean Gay Gent 86 ?

The first word just means 'happy' of course.

S!

#27 ST_Agent86

ST_Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted Today, 14:20

Of course :icon_e_biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users