PWCG Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Porkchopper

Porkchopper
  • LocationFort Walton Beach, Florida, USA

Posted 21 February 2021 - 18:00

Hi Guys,

Just installed and ran PWCG for the first time, and received this error when I attempted to generate my first mission. The zipped log file is attached.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bill

Attached File  PWCG Error.jpg   43.49KB   1 downloads

Attached Files

#2 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 02 March 2021 - 21:26

Hi Bill.

In the absence of those who actually know, I'll take a punt so you don't think you're being ignored!  The AAR process is (I think) After Action Report. If your game doesn't save mission text logs, PWCG can't create a dialogue for your report when you've finished your mission. 

If you have a looksee in your main ROF directory, look for a folder called 'data'. In there will be a text file called 'startup'. It's all listed alphabetically so scroll down until you find it. It should open in notepad or whatever your usual text editor is. I use Notepad++

Open it up and look at the bottom section, you should see this text:

[KEY = system]
bin_log_folder = ""
debug_info = 0
gamelog = 1
keep_binary_log = 0
mission_text_log = 1
modes = 1
reset_configs = 0
show_net_skins = 1
skin_dir = "graphics\Skins\"
text_log_folder = ""
[END]

If yours shows mission_text_log = 0 change it to mission_text_log = 1

That should save your log files so that PWCG can create an AAR.

Note....This may be incorrect....but you can give it a go. What version of PWCG are you using btw?

S! Bon chance.

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#3 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 03 March 2021 - 15:44

Consensus is that the 3.something PWCG version that combines RoF and Great Battles is buggy on the RoF side. 

And we see that you are using that version.

Suggest that you switch to the last RoF dedicated version; 16.3.1 (link below) as, not only is it more stable, you can take advantage of a huge amount of skins made by the community (especially Gooseh!) and these really add to the immersion factor.

https://riseofflight...eeded/?p=695138

#4 Porkchopper

Porkchopper
  • LocationFort Walton Beach, Florida, USA

Posted 19 August 2021 - 00:29

Thank you both for your speedy responses. I'll do both recommendations and report back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users