• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 06 January 2021 - 18:46

S! All

The war continues!

For this FiF we will stay with RoF.

This FiF will be on the Tarnopol map and have a full 16 objectives. It will use the very early plane set. Yes, the S-16, S-22and Russian N-17 will be included.  The order of secondary objectives has changed from the last FiF.  

Because the map is covered in trees and mountains, there is a special consideration for the Entente. For the General Capture mission, you do not need to land to capture the General. You just fly over him and you will get the capture message. A few seconds later you will get  the area to search message that leads to the secondary objective "Tanks at a Factory".

There are only 2 bases for each team. If you have a lot of players at a base, please have the first ten players pull forward a couple plane lengths so others can spawn in. Otherwise you might loose planes as people try to spawn in but the spawn in slots are full.

New feature: In the past there has been only one Front Line Recon area. You will now see two areas on the map. They are both active. You can do either one to complete the mission. You do not need to do both. This will help create a little more fog of war. The enemy will not know which one you are doing. If you get interrupted on one you can go do the other one instead. Or you can do both at the same time and the one that gets back first completes the mission.

The practice mission is running on the JG1 Server. Mission start time is 11:00 am and runs for two hours. If you get on and there is not enough time to do a mission, you can kill the balloon at the two seater base to restart the mission. Each team has an Air start base  in enemy territory. This is to save time while practicing. It is highly recommended that if you are going to do the special 2 seater missions that you practice them a few times. 

There will be a dry run 23 January at the usual time-  2:pm Eastern North American. Remember the server comes up 15 minutes early so people can get in and make sure they have the proper load out.

Hostilities begin on 30, January.

At this point, the teams remain the same. People that have registered are still registered. We will be looking at the number of players and new sign-ups to make sure the teams stay balanced.

We are still in the process of finalizing a few things and will post more details as they become available.

For info please visit the JG1 forums. There you will find a registration section and a tournament info section. The info section will have maps, plane sets and objectives. Please review the objectives as there are more than last time and the order of secondary objectives have changed.

sig9.png

#2 cpt.chaos_canada

cpt.chaos_canada
  • LocationNova Scotia Canada

Posted 07 January 2021 - 16:09

Deleted, sorry

PP logo1 05.jpg   Let's make this an enjoyable place for all. Help wanted. 
FIF2021w_small.png

#3 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 07 January 2021 - 20:32

S! All,

Registration is now open for the FIF 2021 Winter Campaign: https://forum.jg1.or...gistration-rof/

Please make sure to register, or have your squadron representative mass-register your squadron's pilots. Thanks!

Klaiber_long_ROF.png?dl=0
Hals - und Beinbruch!

#4 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 07 January 2021 - 22:34

S! All,

Registration is now open for the FIF 2021 Winter Campaign: https://forum.jg1.or...gistration-rof/

Please make sure to register, or have your squadron representative mass-register your squadron's pilots. Thanks!

S!  All

Just a brief clarification.

This is not re-registering on the forums. This is a sign in for the event. We just want to know the number of people that want to participate so that we can make sure the teams are as even as possible. 

For new people that register, it may be a few days until you are assigned a team.     Thank you.

sig9.png

#5 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 21 January 2021 - 16:37

S! All

Dry Run is this Saturday at 2:00 pm Eastern North American time. Server comes up 15 minutes earlier so people can load in. This will not be Dead is Dead. We want people to experience and explore as much as possible.

If you are going to do special 2 seater missions, please review the requirements for the mission. You must have a plane with the proper name. Arty spot has altitude restrictions - above 750 m and below 1250 meters. If you do photo recon, be sure you have the photo load out and you see the camera icon when you spawn in.

sig9.png

#6 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 22 January 2021 - 16:52

S! All

Just a reminder.

We only have two active air basses on each side. People that spawn in first will need to move  a few plane lengths forward to let others spawn in. Other wise you could loose planes if people try to spawn and there is no room in the lineup.

The Gotha and S-22 are air start. Please do not spawn in until someone on coms lets you know the flare has fired.

sig9.png

#7 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 01 February 2021 - 01:08

S! All

I was worried that the Winter textures would make navigating too difficult. Well, It looks like people had no problem. The winter textures looked nice. Next year we will use winter textures as well. I was impressed with winter textures on the prison.

castle.thumb.jpg.26cc44ab18df172fd459710

sig9.png

#8 cpt.chaos_canada

cpt.chaos_canada

Posted 01 February 2021 - 03:37

That was awesome!

Thank you JG1!

1st timer here.

is there a place where the teams would review or preplan actions and strategies for the next weekend?

Oh, I just found an yet empty afteer action thingy in discord.

I don't got the hang of it yet, old dogs and new tricks, you know.  :icon_e_biggrin:

CCC

FIF2021w_small.png

#9 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 05 February 2021 - 14:42

S! All

Saturday is session two. Blue is still Central and Red is Entente.

Good luck to All.

sig9.png

#10 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 11 February 2021 - 16:04

S! All

Getting ready for session three.

We will be switching sides. Blue team will fly Entente and Red team will fly Central.

Good luck !

sig9.png

#11 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 21 February 2021 - 00:30

#12 cpt.chaos_canada

cpt.chaos_canada

Posted 21 February 2021 - 22:43

Somehow that video makes me as a red team member, feel blue:icon_e_wink:

Good job Emely.  :icon_e_salute:

CCC  :D

FIF2021w_small.png

#13 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 22 February 2021 - 17:20

S! All

Congrats to Blue Team for their Phase A Victory! 

Well done.

For Phase B We advance the plane set and swap back to Blue team Central, Red team Entente.

sig9.png

#14 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:04

Somehow that video makes me as a red team member, feel blue:icon_e_wink:

Good job Emely.  :icon_e_salute:

CCC  :D

Anyway, we are all on the same team, captain! :-) However, all the work in this video was done by the machine gunner Fe2B. My D.H flew in just to wave a handkerchief goodbye ;-)

#15 cpt.chaos_canada

cpt.chaos_canada

Posted 24 February 2021 - 20:09

Anyway, we are all on the same team, captain! :-) However, all the work in this video was done by the machine gunner Fe2B. My D.H flew in just to wave a handkerchief goodbye ;-)

Hey Emely,
the red teams spy agency claims that they took a picture of you as a blue teams Pilot  :icon_cool:

Please verify if that is really You. :icon_e_biggrin:

Thank You in advance. :P
CCC

Attached Files

FIF2021w_small.png

#16 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 26 February 2021 - 16:33

S! All

Ready to start Phase B.  Plane set has been updated. A minor change from the original set. The S-22 has been dropped and replaced by the HP-400.

Blue team is Central and Red team is Entente.

Please remember that NO weapons mods are allowed. 

Plane mods such as wing cut outs are allowed.

Many thanks to 1PL-Husar_1Esk for the suggestion that changing the forest distance from "Maximum" to "Very Far" to eliminate the forest from flashing in and out.

sig9.png

#17 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 27 February 2021 - 15:46

Update:

The HP 400  is an air spawn at 3000 m.  Maximum fuel load is 20%.  More fuel than that and the plane is unstable.

The Gotha  is an air spawn at 3000 m.  Maximum fuel load is 30%.  More fuel than that and the plane is unstable.

sig9.png

#18 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 07 March 2021 - 17:13

S! All

Update on Phase B session 2.  

Rule :

"The bombing of Icon targets may only be performed by two-seater aircraft that have been designated as a "bomber". Bombers may drop ordinance on any ground target. This includes factories, shops, bridges, ships, supply convoys, supply trains and special airfields to attack."

Red team used an arty spot plane and not a bomber to bomb the factory. The factory mission has been removed from Red team score.

sig9.png

#19 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 14 March 2021 - 18:25

#20 cpt.chaos_canada

cpt.chaos_canada

Posted 15 March 2021 - 13:31

Salute my friend
Thank you for the video

Приветствую моего друга
Спасибо тебе за видео
:icon_e_salute:  
CCC

FIF2021w_small.png

#21 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 15 March 2021 - 20:56

Sometimes this war forces you to do what you don't really like. For example, kill pilots of downed planes so that they could no longer fly, or could not deliver reconnaissance data. Of course this is a game, I understand. But nonetheless .

#22 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 17 March 2021 - 18:46

This week is the final session for this series. 

Due to time changes it will be run on Daylight Time - 2PM EDT / 6PM UTC.

Good luck to all.

sig9.png

#23 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 17 March 2021 - 22:35

This week is the final session for this series. 

Due to time changes it will be run on Daylight Time - 2PM EDT / 6PM UTC.

Good luck to all.

This is not very good news for citizens of those countries where everything is stable - including time ;-)) Now I have to come one hour earlier, which is not so easy, considering that Saturday is my working day.

#24 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 18 March 2021 - 14:18

This is not very good news for citizens of those countries where everything is stable - including time ;-)) Now I have to come one hour earlier, which is not so easy, considering that Saturday is my working day.

Sorry, 

The time thing is a problem.

When I was younger, I thought the time switch was OK. Now I think it is not needed. Pick a time and stick to it.

sig9.png

#25 cpt.chaos_canada

cpt.chaos_canada

Posted 18 March 2021 - 14:27

Emely

So, you are trying to say that you live in a stable "Stable" over there or is this another translation error?  :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:

Just kidding!

Hope to see you in the campaign, just before you shooting me down again.  :icon_e_salute:

CCC

FIF2021w_small.png

#26 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 21 March 2021 - 02:57

The FIF 2021 "Winter Campaign" has officially come to an end!

Congratulations to both the Blue Team and the Red Team on their outstanding performances!

After 8-weeks of heavy fighting in the skies over Kolomyya, the Blue Team has emerged victorious, winning both Phase A and Phase B!

This campaign was extremely exciting, with many great battles.  The early warbirds definitely seemed to add to the challenge, and it was fantastic to see formations of Sikorsky S-22's creep across the front-lines like lumbering titans.

Flanders In Flames will return after a very short break!  Over the next few months, we will be time travelling about 30 years into the future, offering the greater simming community an IL-2-based dead-is-dead tournament for the Second World War called Tanks In Flames.  We hope to see you all there!

Thanks again to everyone who made this Flanders event successful.  Let us lift our glasses filled with our favorite libations and toast our virtual opponents.  Prost!  Salut!

2.jpg?dl=0

German officers of Flieger Abteilung 280 have a party at a house where they are stationed near the Western Front, in this 1918 handout picture.

To celebrate the conclusion of the Winter Campaign, here is the FIF campaign ribbon.

Blue for the Blue Team.  Red for the Red Team.  Yellow just because.

Large version:

FIF2021w_large.png?dl=0

Small version:

FIF2021w_small.png?dl=0

And as always, thank you to every pilot who flew!

Without your continued support, this tournament would not be able to function!

The scores for Session B4 are available on the FIF forums: https://forum.jg1.or...-20-march-2021/

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#27 cpt.chaos_canada

cpt.chaos_canada

Posted 21 March 2021 - 14:04

Hello,

first, a thundering applause to JG 1  :icon_e_smile: 

As a relative new pilot I want to say that it has been a very great experience to participate as often as I could (5times).

The atmosphere during these sessions was the most impressive part.

Being on the com for 2 hrs with likeminded "strangers" is very encouraging.

There is a lot to learn for a newb, but I will try to participate in the next ROF campaign as well.

Not a big gamer here, just a WWI aircraft enthusiast.

---

Question at JG1:

Since you put all the effort in the map, is it possible to let the training map of it be online on a multiplayer server?

I thought it would be a good Idea because that could be a chance for other newbies to train in a more realistic environment with others. 

The navigation was extremly challenging but very interesting at the same time!

I like this map.

Bye for now and happy landings to all.  :icon_e_salute:

CCC

Attached Files

FIF2021w_small.png

#28 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 21 March 2021 - 14:06

S! All

Big CONGRATZ to Blue team. Good job.

sig9.png

#29 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 21 March 2021 - 18:56

Hello,

first, a thundering applause to JG 1  :icon_e_smile: 

As a relative new pilot I want to say that it has been a very great experience to participate as often as I could (5times).

The atmosphere during these sessions was the most impressive part.

Being on the com for 2 hrs with likeminded "strangers" is very encouraging.

There is a lot to learn for a newb, but I will try to participate in the next ROF campaign as well.

Not a big gamer here, just a WWI aircraft enthusiast.

---

Question at JG1:

Since you put all the effort in the map, is it possible to let the training map of it be online on a multiplayer server?

I thought it would be a good Idea because that could be a chance for other newbies to train in a more realistic environment with others. 

The navigation was extremly challenging but very interesting at the same time!

I like this map.

Bye for now and happy landings to all.  :icon_e_salute:

CCC

Glad you had a good time, CCC!  It was great having you flying with us!

FIF should return soon.  :icon_e_smile:

Regarding the maps, I believe Butzzell has considered putting them up on a server for people to just join and play around with.  If there was enough of a demand, I'm sure we could make it happen.

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#30 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 22 March 2021 - 23:59

Sorry,

The time thing is a problem.

When I was younger, I thought the time switch was OK. Now I think it is not needed. Pick a time and stick to it.

I arrived on time that day Mr. General :-) However, this flight did not bring me the happiest surprise. After the defense of our airfield, the command sent us on a raid on the side of the enemy. And there, during the battle, I got into a cloud and lost sight of the ground. In the FiF event, this was my first time when I died through no fault of the enemy .... I must say that judging by the memoirs and statistics of those years, the deaths of pilots from the effects of natural factors almost exceeded the number of cases of their murder enemy pilots.
https://youtu.be/pZ56DXX_oxc (airfield defense)

[media][/mebia/]

#31 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:59

the deaths of pilots from the effects of natural factors almost exceeded the number of cases of their murder enemy pilots.

I have a theory, that along with fatal flight training accidents, more pilots died due to defective "cost effective" manufacturing processes and/or poor or defective material used in the aeroplane building process. Of course any Government subsidised program is open to corruption and/or cutting costs for profit. Believe it or not this very human condition exists today. Some things will never change. The "fog" of war.

#32 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 23 March 2021 - 14:07

The "fog" of war.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users