Photo
- - - - -

Roundels and Crosses - Becoming and efficient WWI pilot in Flying Circus (and in ROF?) from J2_Drookasi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kelp44

Kelp44
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 01 January 2021 - 15:19

On 11/16/2020 at 8:53 AM, J2_Drookasi said:

Some people have offered and are still offering to the WW1 community in various ways. Below is my attempt to provide a guide that could prove useful to a new and even to a not so new player. It is all I would try to teach a new pilot before I take him to combat.

Please tolerate with any mistakes you might find. I am not a writer nor a professional pilot. And please remember that in certain parts of the book I express my own opinions which might not be universally accepted.

I still hope that by reading it a pilot will have an easier time in the WW1 virtual skies. Enjoy it!

Roundels and Crosses - Becoming and efficient WWI pilot in Flying Circus

At this point, I need to offer the appropriate credits to Johan Kylander’s book ‘In Pursuit: A Pilot’s Guide to Online Air Combat’, published in 2006. I had read this wonderful work back in 2011 and it had heavily influenced the way I treat the online air combat simulation gaming. This book had been my inspiration and primary reference material for ‘Roundels and Crosses’. Sections talking about the fear of the online death and of the online pilot’s psychology are mirroring Johan Kylander’s writings and in various pages one will find ideas very similar to the ones found ‘In Pursuit’. I do not claim the originality of those ideas and I have the sincere hope that I have treated ‘In Pursuit’ with the due respect. This paragraph has also been inserted in the introduction of the Roundels and Crosses. Thank you No56_Badger85 for pointing out my omission and for urging me to correct it.

A very fine labour of LOVE :icon_e_smile:

Lots of it wil help for ROF also.

:icon_e_salute: :icon_e_salute: :icon_e_salute:

#2 J2_drookasi

J2_drookasi

Posted 18 January 2021 - 10:19

Thank you Kelp44 for spreading around the word about 'Roundels and Crosses'. I had been playing RoF from 2010 to 2019, before I took the decision alongside the rest of Jasta 2 to move to Flying Circus and leave RoF behind us. Though the book is addressed to Flying Circus pilots in its details, the maneuvers, tactics ans situational awareness tips are all applicable to RoF. After all what I know, I have learned from RoF.

Salute to all the WW1 pilots!

J2_Drookasi

Staffelfuhrer Jasta 2 'Boelcke'

mXZpW8i.jpg?1

#3 Kelp44

Kelp44
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 January 2021 - 18:35

you're most welcome Drook :icon_e_salute:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users