Photo
- - - - -

Not steam, but cannot purchase planes or maps (no cart)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Capitain-Kolan

Capitain-Kolan
  • LocationLost in the Pyrenees ( France)

Posted 21 October 2020 - 20:06

OK, first if this question is in the wrong forum, could a friendly mod move it to the correct place for me?

My problem is:-

I downloaded ROF from the site and have been playing for a while so I decided to buy new planes and the channel map.

I open the store, and click on a plane,click on "add to cart". I then click on "cart" and the "sign in" window opens.

I sign in and suddenly there is no cart. If I click the word cart (in yellow) it goes back to the store page with no cart and if I

click on another plane the description page opens, with price, but without "add to cart"

I"m trying to buy eight or ten planes plus the channel map, so the sale thing is a real boon.

I"m sure it's pilot error, but any guidance would be appreciated, (pretty please ;).

PS. I'm really trying to avoid steam if poss.

#2 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 21 October 2020 - 20:23

Maybe sign in first then go shopping? Your right to avoid Steam in this instance..

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#3 Capitain-Kolan

Capitain-Kolan

Posted 21 October 2020 - 20:41

Thanks for the reply Gooseh,

Thing is, if I open store, choose a plane, plane's page opens with price and price with mods AND "add to cart" so I click on add to cart.

This leaves just "cart" so I click on that. Then the 'Please sign in' opens and when I sign in  we go back to the store page. So I click on the plane and   

this time the plane page opens with prices but NO 'add to cart'.

If I'm logged out can't buy till logged in, if logged in, can't buy period !!

Been at it all afternoon, it's getting old :icon_cool:

#4 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 22 October 2020 - 03:26

Did you try logging-in before doing anything?

If you're still allowing persistent cookies on your browser, try deleting them then log-in again, then select your planes.. 

#5 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:55

Well I just went through the process of adding content into my cart, it was all fine and I was able to get to the pay page from there.

So I don't think anything is wrong with the page itself.You could maybe try another browser?  I use MS Edge, in extreme circumstances only, if a page is not behaving like it should and I really need it to.

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#6 Capitain-Kolan

Capitain-Kolan

Posted 22 October 2020 - 22:42

OK, thanks for the replies gentlemen, ready for the facepalm?

I checked my  profile in store:- licence keys:-product name:-ROF steam free to play; Type Steam.  I'm absolutely certain that I dl'd ROF from this site

but I had tried through Steam, ( cancelled) and I did have an active steam account with the same mail address ???

So actions:- 1/ Delete Steam account.(done) 2/. Delete this account. 3/.Delete game from my machine. 4/. Fresh install, create new account using different mail address. 5/. Pray a lot that it works.

Any opinions?

#7 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 October 2020 - 00:16

Sounds like that should work (may be a bit of overkill, but might as well be safer than sorry).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#8 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 23 October 2020 - 20:06

I don't think re-installing will achieve anything.

Can you log-in to the non-steam game at the moment?

#9 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 23 October 2020 - 22:42

I don't use steam nor know anything about it so I'm not sure if therein lies the problem Capitain? And I agree that reinstall and all that other stuff seems to be overkill.

Yesterday, I logged into the store account and purchased 4 items without issue using a visa debit card. I have to say I did have problems last year using paypal which is why I use visa now. 

Anyway, once payment was successful, logged into RoF and presto, the purchased items were there. So the system works. 

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users