Photo
- - - - -

Syndicate Vintage Missions Fly Again

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 15 September 2020 - 22:54

Salute gentlemen!  I'm happy to announce that the classic Syndicate Vintage Missions will be running again starting Sunday, 20th of September. 

We will try for a 16:00GMT mission start time.  Most Vintage Missions last approximately 2-3hrs, so my hope is to run it in the earlier time slot before the Jasta5 Flugpark Sunday Furball gets well underway.  We will see how this time slot works for everyone.

I'd like to make very clear, this is not an attempt to drive people away from Flying Circus, nor to drive people away from the Jasta5 Flugpark Sunday event and create a division in the WWI flight sim community.

Bringing back the Vintage Mission server is simply providing to our small community what is a viable, working WWI sim that gives us wide ranging options in terms of maps, early-mid-late aircraft sets and historical missions.  FC is a work in progress with great potential and hopefully we are only in the early days of the sim, but in the meantime there is nothing wrong with using what we have. 

So dust off that old sim, reinstall if you need to, download the sim and purchase a few planes if you're new (they're cheap ;)

Good luck all pilots and observers, I hope to see you all in the virtual skies of Rise of Flight!

Cheers,

Cuban

#2 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 15 September 2020 - 23:06

Good for you & hope the flyers show up..

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#3 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 16 September 2020 - 00:34

Welcome news. Which server will this be located on and which country/state?  Sorry if I'm always asking this question but time zones and ping impact my availability. And with GMT do you mean the same time as BST or UTC? Daylight saving makes a difference to me as it converts to either 1am or 2am my time.

#4 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:14

Welcome news. Which server will this be located on and which country/state?  Sorry if I'm always asking this question but time zones and ping impact my availability. And with GMT do you mean the same time as BST or UTC? Daylight saving makes a difference to me as it converts to either 1am or 2am my time.

Thanks Catchov, no problem!  The server name will be "Cuban Syndicate Vintage Mission" it is US based but there are currently no ping limits, so give it a try.  Mission start time UTC 16:00

#5 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:28

Thanks Catchov, no problem!  The server name will be "Cuban Syndicate Vintage Mission" it is US based but there are currently no ping limits, so give it a try.  Mission start time UTC 16:00

Thanks for clarifying Cuban. That'll be 2am monday morning for me. :huh: But I'll try and make it if possible. Maps/ Plane sets? Will server be up for practice beforehand and to check things out? Can anyone just lob in, not being part of a squadron, and just do their best for the war effort?

#6 knalp

knalp
  • LocationNew Zealand. ( ex. Scotland )

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:36

https://www.timeandd...0920T16&p1=1440

( is the above correct? )

Lets go! 04:00 hrs Monday morning... I'm still in!

DH2 VS EIII !!!

S!

Knalp

Spam patrol: on duty and on guard. None shall pass!

I was there: The Great Spam War  of 2019/2020

2020_3_18__7_57_36.jpg

#7 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:28

Yeah 4am Monday morn for you is correct! Put the welder away.

#8 knalp

knalp

Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:33

Yeah 4am Monday morn for you is correct! Put the welder away.

Ha!

I am battling BSR and a Win 7 install that went very very very south. ( A BSOD in this age? You bet! )

Welder is in the shed! I am breaking open my money tin to buy the video card!

I am SOOOOOO going to KICK ARSE in my DH2. ( I always end up under and slightly behind ARTY in his EIII....it's so infuriating...)

S!

Klanp.

2020_3_18__7_57_36.jpg

#9 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:40

I am SOOOOOO going to KICK ARSE in my DH2.

She's a fine kite alright but a bit chilly I find. Thank goodness for hip flasks.

#10 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:35

Teamspeak or the dreadful Discord?

#11 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:38

Thanks for clarifying Cuban. That'll be 2am monday morning for me. :huh: But I'll try and make it if possible. Maps/ Plane sets? Will server be up for practice beforehand and to check things out? Can anyone just lob in, not being part of a squadron, and just do their best for the war effort?

Teamspeak or the dreadful Discord?

LOL, that is an early start indeed, hope you can still make it!  No squadron affiliation needed or specific orders, open to all, jump in/out, either side, any plane, it's all good.  I think we'll start with an early plane set just for something new/old, Battle of the Somme - Sept. 1916 perhaps :)  Starts with Sopwith Strutters / DH2's vs Rolands and EIII's, after completing a few objectives each side advances to N11's/Spad 150's vs. Halb DII's / Alb DII, I think, it's been a while :)

I suppose Teamspeak Oorpii, Wargrounds TS, but anyone is welcome to use whatever comms they prefer, or no comms at all, no rules or regulations :)

#12 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:33

Good to see 1916 again. Better brush up on the early crates. Ping of 231 for me so playable I guess. Hopefully I can make the early morning call. I asked over in the FiF thread but where is UNK?

#13 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:38

Just West of France.

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#14 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 17 September 2020 - 11:01

Jersey?

Cheers yeah thought it was the UK.  :)

#15 No.204_REDMAN

No.204_REDMAN

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:50

S! Cuban, you said mods off correct and I'm glad you're bringing this back. can't wait! 

Salute! REDMAN

#16 knalp

knalp

Posted 17 September 2020 - 20:33

Good to see 1916 again. Better brush up on the early crates. Ping of 231 for me so playable I guess. Hopefully I can make the early morning call. I asked over in the FiF thread but where is UNK?

Hey well we could team up.

In the er.... plane I don't have. the BE thingy... what is it called.

Anyway you can fly and I can gun. OR vice versa.

That way we can sort of get around your bad ping. ( A ping that is shared falls silently in a forest? )

Please tell me you do not use WiFi. OR satellite down. OR Iridium ...

Keep the planes flying!

S!

Knalpy.

2020_3_18__7_57_36.jpg

#17 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 17 September 2020 - 22:08

S! Cuban, you said mods off correct and I'm glad you're bringing this back. can't wait! 

Hey Red! yessir mods off for now.  Glad to have you with us!

#18 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 17 September 2020 - 22:48

Please tell me you do not use WiFi. OR satellite down. OR Iridium ...

None of the above old chap. It's wired. BUT this is Australia. Remember?  They call it "fibre to the node" (node being some way away from my place) and then run it through the old copper telephone lines LOLOLOLOLOLOL to my house. This is the best I could get in my area AND they charge me $75 a month for the pleasure. They can speed it up a bit but the price goes up. And I'm not filthy rich so they can go fuck themselves.

To be candid, It sucks.

If I wanted fibre to the house it might cost me $20,000 to upgrade.

So what's your ping old boy? If that's not a rude question.

#19 knalp

knalp

Posted 18 September 2020 - 00:32

So what's your ping old boy? If that's not a rude question.

Well it says 162 to UNK. oink ?

Attached File  PING old chap.jpg   566.07KB   0 downloads

I just logged into OLD WINGS and professed my love for ARTY. He was as droll as ever. I am sure he is AI..... German probably. U.B.E.R AI. tm

oh god I am stuck in super script! hep!

anyway... oh !

Phew.

Got to dash off to class.

S!

alpnk.

2020_3_18__7_57_36.jpg

#20 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:12

Well it says 162 to UNK. oink ?

attachicon.gifPING old chap.jpg

Swine! Even dear New Zealand has better internet than backward Australia. I am sunk old boy.  :(  And depressed.

If I could I'd move there. And we could drink brandy over an open fire and regale ourselves with bawdy tales of wenches and such stuff. :icon_e_biggrin:

But, oh the humanity, it is not possible. I am sunk.  :(  Again.

Farewell ....

and S!

chatvoc

:icon_e_deadman:

#21 I_Got_Shot

I_Got_Shot

Posted 18 September 2020 - 03:49

G'day Cuban, 

Downloaded etc but will not let me log on. Fritz attempted as well and got a nil RoF server available so I'll try again soon. 

Shot

#22 knalp

knalp

Posted 18 September 2020 - 04:44

Swine! Even dear New Zealand has better internet than backward Australia. I am sunk old boy.  :(  And depressed.

If I could I'd move there. And we could drink brandy over an open fire and regale ourselves with bawdy tales of wenches and such stuff. :icon_e_biggrin:

Farewell ....

and S!

chatvoc

My good man.

You may have crappy internet, but you have pals who won't let you down.

Come to the game ANYWAY.  Have a laugh and try not worry about it.

It's the least we can do!

We may be far away but we are not bowing! Nope!

To the airfields!

S!

Knalp.

2020_3_18__7_57_36.jpg

#23 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 18 September 2020 - 06:53

Thanks Planky old bean. You're a pal.  :)

Okay I'll do it! 

Anzac spirit and all that (don't mention the All Blacks but) ....

To the skies and beyond in my UFO!

S!

hotvocc

#24 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 18 September 2020 - 19:24

Farewell ....

and S!

chatvoc

LOL, we get other pilots with high pings from Austrailia and it out works fine, have no fear!

#25 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 18 September 2020 - 19:24

G'day Cuban, 

Downloaded etc but will not let me log on. Fritz attempted as well and got a nil RoF server available so I'll try again soon. 

Shot

Hi Shot, you mean just logging on to the master server to get the multiplayer server list or connecting to the Syndicate Server itself?

Also, for what it's worth, I had to do a "recovery" on my ROF install when I first tried it, can't remember the exact error but that fixed it.  Just messed up my views but that's all.

#26 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 18 September 2020 - 19:30

Quick note to all, the server will fire up at 1600GMT but if that is too early of a start for any of you, don't worry, we will keep the server up through the afternoon/evening hours, perhaps rolling to an early 1917 map at some point. Looking forward to rolling out the old crates from the hangars! :) S!

#27 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 18 September 2020 - 21:13

S!

Many people have not played RoF in a while. During that time they updated their Privacy Policy. That means you need to update your game. Unfortunately for most people the updater on the launcher screen just crashes.

If that happens, you need to go RoF, bingame, and scroll down until you find the updater file. Starting the updater here should work. It is very quick and there are no other files to update or install.

You should then be able to start the game from the normal Launcher screen.

sig9.png

#28 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 19 September 2020 - 00:09

LOL, we get other pilots with high pings from Austrailia and it out works fine, have no fear!

Thanks Cuban. I was actually on your server last night (aussie time) just to check it out and it seemed okay. :icon_e_salute:

#29 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 19 September 2020 - 00:25

S!

Many people have not played RoF in a while. During that time they updated their Privacy Policy. That means you need to update your game. Unfortunately for most people the updater on the launcher screen just crashes.

If that happens, you need to go RoF, bingame, and scroll down until you find the updater file. Starting the updater here should work. It is very quick and there are no other files to update or install.

You should then be able to start the game from the normal Launcher screen.

Good advice. I'll just mention that you need to update twice. First update loads the 2mb privacy file and the 2nd does a checksum. The checksum will revert all settings to default but that's a small price to pay to get the game fully updated. I've never had to do a recovery or reinstall as others have done.

#30 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 19 September 2020 - 02:10

Thanks for the info Butzzell! S!

#31 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:05

Here....if anyone's wondering...

Attached File  here.JPG   287.92KB   0 downloads

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#32 No.204_REDMAN

No.204_REDMAN

Posted 19 September 2020 - 13:30

Dusted everything off, did an ops ck on TS and the server. Everything's working and ready to go.  :icon_e_salute:

Salute! REDMAN

#33 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 20 September 2020 - 13:58

I'd love to be there but it's unfortunately too early for me this week. I understand efforts have been made not to clash with Flying Circus normal gathering, which is wise.

Thanks for the initiative!

#34 knalp

knalp

Posted 20 September 2020 - 20:42

My apologies, 04:00 and the alarm clock next to my ear were not enough to break my slumber.

S!

Knalp.

2020_3_18__7_57_36.jpg

#35 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 21 September 2020 - 00:56

I slept thru my 2am alarm .... well I heard it ... but next thing I knew it was 4.30am!

I got on shortly after to check it out and 5 or 6 other guys were still on. I just flew around really checking out the map and stuff with no action except, at one point, 3 gothas above and ahead. Which I promptly lost going around and into clouds and losing my bearings! A lucky break for "I got shot" or he would've been dead meat baby from my Camel's twin Vickers. Lol not really. It would've been me probably. Anyway, I'll read the missions and swot up a bit more next time.

I'm sorry I missed the main event. Was it 1916? Apparently there were 24 guys on so that's a good start. I hope the numbers increase.

My thanks go out to Cuban for putting up the event and the server and look forward to future events.  :icon_e_salute: If I can wake up in time.

Finally, I have to say it was great seeing the heavy bombers. Sadly missing in that other sim.

S!

chocvat

#36 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 21 September 2020 - 03:06

S! Chocvat, I was late to the party myself, work ran later than normal :)  However, the map that ran at the start was early 1917 and we did indeed get 25 players so hoping to carry the momentum into next week! Hope to see you all again!

#37 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted Yesterday, 23:54

Missed the announcement (was logged-off). I'll try to be there next Sunday.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users