Photo
- - - - -

Flanders in Flames Autumn 2020

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Poll: FiF 2020 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you participate in FiF if it is using RoF?

1. yes (49 votes [94.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.23%

2. yes (3 votes [5.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Raptor341

Raptor341

Posted 09 November 2020 - 22:53

Is there limited supply in this? I'm interesting in joining up

#122 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 10 November 2020 - 13:21

S! Raptor341

Registration is here.   This is on the JG1 Forums. There are several areas there that help describe the event, maps , objectives, plane set, etc.

For 2 seater pilots there are many interesting missions involving landing behind enemy lines as well as finding hidden targets.

This event is Dead is Dead. That means that if you are killed or captured during the session as a pilot, you can not pilot a plane for the rest of the session. You may continue to participate as a gunner in a 2 seater. This is to put emphasis on the importance of your virtual life and dissuade Quake style play. There is also a five minute waiting period after you land before you may respawn.

sig9.png

#123 Raptor341

Raptor341

Posted 11 November 2020 - 03:58

Sounds excellent - thank you

#124 J18=Fritz_Gerald

J18=Fritz_Gerald
  • LocationUnited States EST (Jasta 18 CO)

Posted 11 November 2020 - 12:08

I must be really lucky, because I'm quite horrible with combat and I haven't died yet.

Salute! The Youngest Geezer Around   :icon_e_salute: 
FIF2020f_small.png

#125 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 18 November 2020 - 16:31

S! All

Only two sessions left.

We switch sides for these two sessions. Red team will be Central and Blue team will be Entente.

sig9.png

#126 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 04 December 2020 - 16:52

S! All

Saturday 5, December is our last session for this year.

Remember, Red team is Central and Blue team is Entente. 

sig9.png

#127 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 05 December 2020 - 23:21

I would like to thank the organizers of the tournament for their excellent work! It was great! And also, special thanks to all the participants, our good allies and skilful opponents!
S All !! ))

#128 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 08 December 2020 - 04:51

The FIF 2020 "Fall Campaign" has officially come to an end!

…and with it Flanders In Flames 2020.  Congratulations to both the Blue Team and the Red Team on their outstanding performance!  This tournament wouldn't be able to function without the great pilots who take the time and effort to fly with us every Saturday.

This year was unique, as we found ourselves beginning in Flying Circus and ending in Rise of Flight.  Obviously, none of that was ideal.  But, for both Butzzell and I, it made the most sense for the event's stability.  With the recent announcement of Flying Circus - Volume II, things are looking up for World War One simulations, and everyone involved in the coordination and upkeep of FIF can't wait to see what 2021 brings.

Thanks again to everyone.  Let us lift our glasses filled with our favorite libations and toast our virtual opponents.  Prost!  Salut!

Xmas_truce.png?dl=0

German and British soldiers stand together on the battlefield near Ploegsteert, Belgium, in December 1914.

To celebrate the conclusion of the Fall Campaign, here is the FIF campaign ribbon.

Blue for the Blue Team.  Red for the Red Team. 

Large version:

FIF2020f_large.png?dl=0

Small version:

FIF2020f_small.png?dl=0

And as always, thank you to every pilot who flew!

Without your continued support, this tournament would not be able to function!

The scores for Session B4 are shown on the JG1 forums: https://forum.jg1.or...-december-2020/

Klaiber_long_ROF.png?dl=0
Hals - und Beinbruch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users