Photo
- - - - -

Flanders in Flames Autumn 2020

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Poll: FiF 2020 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you participate in FiF if it is using RoF?

1. yes (49 votes [94.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.23%

2. yes (3 votes [5.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:22

Just tested the JG1 server and ping is 222 for me but seems okay. It's listed as being in UNK. Where's that? (United Kingdom?) Thought it was in the US. Or is it? 

#42 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 17 September 2020 - 15:54

Hey I have an idea.

The in game maps ( the actual map not the mission ) are a bit crap.

With some fiddling around I could possibly make a better one for use.

( set up a second screen to display this new map )

It's been an idea of mine for ages....

Will have a go at it and post up a pic. If it's met with approval I will make it better.

The mission map is up for practice for a while yes?

"Starting 14 September, I can have the server up from 3 pm to midnight Brisbane time."

If this is so, I can use the mission to make a really excellent map with all the right stuff in the right places.

Um... is there any reason why this is bad idea? Is it cheating?

S!

Knalp.

Will you be commanding in this year's event ?

#43 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 17 September 2020 - 16:32

The in game maps are posted with high enough resolution so they can be printed or displayed on a second screen. Many people do one of those options to help them with navigation.. 

sig9.png

#44 J18=Fritz_Gerald

J18=Fritz_Gerald
  • LocationUnited States EST (Jasta 18 CO)

Posted 04 October 2020 - 13:20

Would it be alright if I missed the first one? I have a previous commitment that I can't cancel, I would be able to attend most if not all of the other ones

Salute! The Youngest Geezer Around   :icon_e_salute: 
FIF2020f_small.png

#45 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 04 October 2020 - 15:21

Real life comes first ! No problem.

sig9.png

#46 J2_drookasi

J2_drookasi

Posted 06 October 2020 - 05:19

Jasta 2 regrets to inform the community that we are not going to participate in FiF 2020 Autumn campaign.

We have the out-most respect for the JG1 efforts, and especially for Butzzell's, on promoting the WW1 gaming both in RoF and in FC. We would be more than happy to support any of their projects, as I believe we had done in the past. Unfortunately though, taking into account all the facts, the discussions and the complains in the FC forums, the withdrawal of the Adler Legion from the FC BLACK SEPTEMBER V campaign (namely because of the damage model), the ideas that pilots going back to RoF could act as protestors on what is conceived as lack of attention on FC from the developers side, Jasta 2 gets the feeling that running this FiF in RoF goes beyond the scope of recreation and takes the form of a protest against the developers something like: 'If you do not listen to us, then we do not want your product'.

To put our ideas in short wording, we do not believe that by rolling back to the past are offering something for the future. We do not want the number of pilots that will play in FiF Autumn 2020 to be used as an indication of disappointment or dissatisfaction on the FC. Maybe we are overthinking about it and we are becoming schizophrenic, but this is an aspect that we believe we need to consider.

We are not going to prohibit any individual Jasta 2 pilot to participate and we wish to JG1 all the best.

J2_Drookasi

Staffelfuhrer Jasta 2 'Boelcke'

mXZpW8i.jpg?1

#47 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 06 October 2020 - 14:16

S! Drookasi

Jasta 2 will be missed.

This FiF is NOT being done in RoF as a protest. FC is the future of WWI sim and is still in development. As it is developed it will be used.

The two basic reasons for doing FiF in RoF are:

1. Between FiF, Bloody April and Black September we have exhausted the map and planes.  People are tired of the limited map and unbalanced plane set. The current DM makes the limited plane set even more unbalanced.

2. RoF offers, more maps, more planes, Balloons that flare, no airfield radar, better airfields, no soggy ground and an acceptable but not perfect FM/DM.

The decision was between the same slice of plain bread every day (FC) or a slice of a  pizza one day, Apple pie the next and then ice cream (RoF).

At this time RoF has more to offer. It was that simple.

More of a step sideways not backward.

sig9.png

#48 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 06 October 2020 - 18:33

Working this weekend so I will not be available. Looking forward to the other sessions.

#49 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 06 October 2020 - 19:49

I'm not attending the FC forum anymore so I'm out of the loop, but I think many people came back to ROF not as a way of protest, like myself, but because ROF is way better at the moment and FC is virtually unplayable for me. I simply can't fly there anymore as long as the DM is the way it is. And here I can fly the Nieuports!

Although at the end of the day our actions ends up like a manifest, and I'm OK with that too because the developers have been out of the loop since I play this game.

Although I will not be able to attend FIF 2020. My schedule is too hectic to attend events, but I support the initiative.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#50 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 06 October 2020 - 22:42

Whether FC is "still in development" is debatable. However, I came back to RoF primarily because of the devs continuing silence over well documented issues and future development. Not to mention ignoring specific FC questions/concerns or locking and removing threads. This hardly inspires confidence in FC's future. And to not even bother to call it one way or the other is insulting to me. For 6 months or more!  So people falling away is just a natural progression of this kind of bizarre behaviour. I guess FC customers don't matter. Too small a market to even bother with it seems.

#51 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 06 October 2020 - 22:51

What possible reason is there for them “to call it one way or the other?”  That would be really stupid if they haven’t actually decided one way or the other.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Knalp!

#52 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 06 October 2020 - 23:46

S! Drookasi

Jasta 2 will be missed.

This FiF is NOT being done in RoF as a protest. FC is the future of WWI sim and is still in development. As it is developed it will be used.

The two basic reasons for doing FiF in RoF are:

1. Between FiF, Bloody April and Black September we have exhausted the map and planes.  People are tired of the limited map and unbalanced plane set. The current DM makes the limited plane set even more unbalanced.

2. RoF offers, more maps, more planes, Balloons that flare, no airfield radar, better airfields, no soggy ground and an acceptable but not perfect FM/DM.

The decision was between the same slice of plain bread every day (FC) or a slice of a  pizza one day, Apple pie the next and then ice cream (RoF).

At this time RoF has more to offer. It was that simple.

More of a step sideways not backward.

It simply can't be more well said than that. 

#53 knalp

knalp
  • LocationNew Zealand. ( ex. Scotland )

Posted 07 October 2020 - 20:51

Working this weekend so I will not be available. Looking forward to the other sessions.

Are you bailing out on me already. Who else is going to hold my hand ??? You promised!

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

normal program will resume momentarily...

#54 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 07 October 2020 - 22:29

Ah dinnae ken but I may pop in as a merc to replace klugsy.  :)  I'll no' be holding anyone's hand to be sure. Dinna fash lad. Dae ye ken whit a mean?

4am!  :o  Aye 'tis a slog. :(

#55 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 07 October 2020 - 22:33

Jasta 2 regrets to inform the community that we are not going to participate in FiF 2020 Autumn campaign.

You are afraid of what others will think of you. You were afraid that you would be counted among the protesters against the new DM. You are simply scared - it means you are cowards. A fighter pilot is either going into battle or he is not a fighter pilot.

#56 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 07 October 2020 - 22:42

And here I can fly the Nieuports!

Indeed ? ?? Which one 11, 17 or 28? I am very surprised, I was sure that you only purchased Dr1 and Camel))

#57 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 07 October 2020 - 23:03

Whether FC is "still in development" is debatable.

E!

Attached Files

#58 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 07 October 2020 - 23:59

You are simply scared - it means you are cowards. A fighter pilot is either going into battle or he is not a fighter pilot.

um...  You know that this is a game, right?

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Knalp!

#59 knalp

knalp

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:12

A fighter pilot is either going into battle or he is not a fighter pilot.

Этот летающий цыпленок?

нет, это не летчик, а птица!

салут!

кналр.

N17 002.jpg

#60 J2_drookasi

J2_drookasi

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:22

You are afraid of what others will think of you. You were afraid that you would be counted among the protesters against the new DM. You are simply scared - it means you are cowards. A fighter pilot is either going into battle or he is not a fighter pilot.

I am not protesting against the new DM - I have adapted to it. If the DM changes in the future, I will also adapt to it. I am not fighting my battles with what I wish I had, but with what I do have. I am still flying and I am scoring kills by the dozens, flying planes that all the others do not, because of the DM as they say. As to who is a fighter pilot, well, someone who is no longer flying accuses one that has not stopped flying. I am leaving the logical deductions to any person that has a brain. A fighter pilot kills, and kills a lot. An efficient fighter pilots kills a lot without dying. I know Emely that we have different ideas of how a fighter pilot behaves and I am not going to start a 'posts war' here, but the accusation of cowardice is really rich!

J2_Drookasi

Staffelfuhrer Jasta 2 'Boelcke'

mXZpW8i.jpg?1

#61 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 08 October 2020 - 06:19

Этот летающий цыпленок?

нет, это не летчик, а птица!

салут!

кналр.

Och! Ah cannae undairrrrstand yer wee laddae. Will you no' speak in English? Lang may yer lum reek. Gie it laldy.  :icon_e_salute:

#62 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 08 October 2020 - 06:28

um...  You know that this is a game, right?

You know it was comedy, right ?

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#63 knalp

knalp

Posted 08 October 2020 - 11:06

Trying to come to terms with the Hanriot. sigh...

The crippling forward view and the weak as heck wings.

Frankly I would rip off the windsheild if I could. Hecking thing is terrible.

The best I can make do with is quite a pronounced sitting forward position and  

trying to look through all the crud that obscures your sight picture.   

It's not easy.

If the HD1 has TWIN MG's it would be less of a pain... but the clogs on the  

HD2 really devalue the twin mg better sight picture.  

Oh well never mind!

I have three shooting positions,  

Standing up and looking over the top wing.

Leaning out left and looking round the winshield sitting forward or

looking forward through the mess and sitting forward.

Bonus is the nice reverseal by simply pulling back on the stick. Swish.

I really fail to see why the Hanriot should have weak wings.   

Seems at odds with the sturdy structural look of them. Not good.

Game is on auto crash for me if I hard land or crash in game. Quite boring. Mutter mutter.

We are going to kick bottom on Sunday morning! ( Sunday for me right...)

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

#64 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 08 October 2020 - 14:59

You know it was comedy, right ?

No, it wasn’t.  He’s been saying that sort of nonsense for years.  And it’s become pretty clear over that time that he isn’t joking.

Free Knalp!

#65 knalp

knalp

Posted 08 October 2020 - 21:21

I am pleased that FiF has come back to RoF.

FC can get knotted. For various reasons. ( I am a fully paid up FC club member, by the way. )

When FiF etc moved to FC I was, bummed out.   

Now it's back I am not going to miss my chance to FiF in RoF.

If the other FC club members get all pissy about people moving things back to RoF

just remember:  they moved FROM RoF to FC in the first place.

We are going to FiF in RoF this weekend ( if I am correct...) and we are going to enjoy ourselves!

( I will be noodling around on my own sans team speak but available by chat to attack two seaters etc )

Actually some kind of plane/management would be good about now... no one has said anything as far as I can tell...

Well not to me anyway.... not that I expect anyone to include me.... being a newbie merc etc..... AF defense?

Does anyone have a plan ????

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

#66 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 08 October 2020 - 22:48

Does anyone have a plan ????

I would imagine there is indeed a plan.  One of the basics of that plan is likely to be "get on teamspeak".

It will be a much richer and enjoyable experience for yourself and your team mates if you use teamspeak pankl.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your voice or accent btw.

#67 knalp

knalp

Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:42

I would imagine there is indeed a plan.  One of the basics of that plan is likely to be "get on teamspeak".

It will be a much richer and enjoyable experience for yourself and your team mates if you use teamspeak pankl.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your voice or accent btw.

But I don't speak German, judging by the amount of J's in my allotted in my team... comrades. etc.

Team speak, discord, Jg1 forum, rof forum... I AM sick to death of having to 'effing sign up for more 'effing website logins!

I am sick of it! You can't pick your nose on the 'tinternet without en 'effing login and password.

NO !!!! n o !!!!

Fiddle sticks!

mutter mutter grumble jfc ... the future they said!

The future they forgot to tell us about was the SECURITY that you need to make all this stuff VANDAL PROOF!

ok ok I leave now.

S!

Plakn.

N17 002.jpg

#68 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 09 October 2020 - 08:35

I AM sick to death of having to 'effing sign up for more 'effing website logins!

I am sick of it! You can't pick your nose on the 'tinternet without en 'effing login and password.

NO !!!! n o !!!!

Fiddle sticks!

I am in agreement with your sentiments klpna. Why, I was just in Coles today doing my groceries and the whole computer system went down. They couldn't even accept cash. A known legal tender. But I've got a password I said. And a secret code. Paperless society bah humbug. Can anyone do arithmetic anymore? On paper. Computer says no. Outrageous.

Luckily for me I have that Brandy you sent over by express steamer and motor carriage. And the screw hammer! I have made good use of both.

I'm off to the shed!

#69 knalp

knalp

Posted 09 October 2020 - 09:15

It's this weekend! and I have yet to get my buttons on!

and teamspeak ! Oh my gott !  I need a headset!

hmm...

I have to consolidate my excrement!

Screw hammer? What on earth is that????

FiF !!!!!!! woooo!

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

#70 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 09 October 2020 - 15:03

S!

A few reminders.

Saturday, 10, October, at 2:00 pm Eastern North American time,  hostilities begin.    Server will be up at 1:45 so people can get online and see what the targets are.

Please remember their is a flack fence. You need to be higher than 1000 meters to cross the front.

Check Red and Blue team areas on discord to see if there are any plans.

Sorry for the late decision on teams. Teams should try and select commanders or get some type of structure set up.

sig9.png

#71 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 09 October 2020 - 21:22

As to who is a fighter pilot, well, someone who is no longer flying accuses one that has not stopped flying.

It sounds funny, considering that I am flying to FiF, and you are not flying.

If the DM changes in the future, I will also adapt to it.

When they turn FC into SuperMario, you will probably also get good results there as a player. You probably don't care what the laws of the game you play are.

....but the accusation of cowardice is really rich!

There are grounds for such a statement. However, I understand that in order to have a large score in statistics, you have to be constantly careful, almost a coward)) Probably this caution is becoming habitual and not only in flight.

#72 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 09 October 2020 - 22:10

Is this what trolling is about? Can't really remember anymore, blocking people works too well in the forums I usually visit.

#73 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 09 October 2020 - 23:18

Is this what trolling is about? Can't really remember anymore, blocking people works too well in the forums I usually visit.

I’m pretty sure he’s serious.  Which actually makes that nonsense even worse than trolling.

Free Knalp!

#74 knalp

knalp

Posted 10 October 2020 - 06:23

Oh my gosh I am not sure If I am mentally prepared for this....

less than 12 hours to go!

Well at least I have a trigger now on my joystick instead of the space bar!

oh yes, pictures...

GO BLUE TEAM !!!!!!! We are going to kick bottom!

Do we still not have a commander yet ?

No no no . I am not volunteering. No way. uh uh. Nope. Heck no. You're blinking out of your gourd...

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

#75 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 10 October 2020 - 07:59

Do we still not have a commander yet ?

We do now.  ;)

#76 knalp

knalp

Posted 10 October 2020 - 09:28

We do now.  ;)

I am going to have to set a billion alarm clocks to wake up at 0630 hrs sunday morning... heck...

Victory is ours !!!!!!! Blue will prevail !!!  Onwards !!!!!! 

S!

Knalpy.

N17 002.jpg

#77 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 10 October 2020 - 17:27

Best wishes to JG1 for a successful campaign. As I communicated privately to Klaiber last week, individual pilots of Jasta 5 will be participating in FiF. However after extensive polling and discussion between pilots, the consensus was that FC currently represents the future of the WWI air warfare genre, current warts included, and most pilots share the same concerns already expressed by our J2 brothers. S!

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#78 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 10 October 2020 - 20:51

S!

People in North America, especially the USA have some concerns about the glorification of past heroes that had questionable actions or deeds.  Specifically, some people are calling for a Native Americans day Holliday. They condemn  Columbus and wish to change Columbus day to Native American day.

The two are not mutually exclusive. You can do both on separate days or the same day. Celebrate what works for you.

It is the same with Flying Circus and RoF. You can fly whatever suits you. You can fly FC one day, RoF the next and have fun in both.

Running FiF in RoF is not a protest.  It is just a different tool to accomplish the task. 

FC is the future of WW I siming.  When RoF started out, it took a year or so before it was fleshed out. When 777 took over, it started to reach its potential. It will be the same with FC. Give it time.

Unfortunately, after Bloody April, 2 FiF campaigns and Black September, we have beaten FC like a dead horse. People want to see something different. RoF looks fresh and enough people signed up. The interest was there so we went ahead.  

sig9.png

#79 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 11 October 2020 - 03:45

What the hell does any of this have yo to with Columbus?  The fact that he was a murderous scumbag has nothing to do with a WW1 combat flight sim.

Free Knalp!

#80 knalp

knalp

Posted 11 October 2020 - 07:45

We lost ! Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Well heck! NEXT TIME !!!!!

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users