Photo
- - - - -

Error 4 wrong email or password

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 GrimlyTh3Lad

GrimlyTh3Lad

Posted 07 September 2020 - 12:43

Rightyho, basically I am new to this game despite wanting it for years. I created an ROF account on ROF United, but it said Error 4. I installed it off their website and verified my account, but it keeps saying error 4! Please help!

#2 J18=Fritz_Gerald

J18=Fritz_Gerald
  • LocationUnited States EST (Jasta 18 CO)

Posted 07 September 2020 - 14:31

I seriously need to make a video about how to fix this error, Go to your main Rise of Flight Folder, should be under Program files(x86) then 1C777 or something like that, then Rise of Flight/data scroll down until you find the startup.cfg file, open it as a text file, near the top there should be two sections that say "your email" and "your password" replace those with your email and password then save it and open rise of flight up.

Salute!

-FF

FIF2020f_small.png

#3 MamaShrekDing

MamaShrekDing
  • LocationIts kinda cold in winter and hot in summer...

Posted 09 September 2020 - 18:26

Hello grimly, There is another way to solve this if you are not quite as technical inept as falcon might assume :) (sry falcon)

You can just go into the startup menu and hit update-let it do its magic and it should be solved!!! Yippe!

However, if the doesn't work, you will have to go and do as flying falcon instructed.

Hope it helps, MamaShreK D

#4 J18=Fritz_Gerald

J18=Fritz_Gerald

Posted 09 September 2020 - 18:52

I usually assume that when people get this error it is because they haven't entered their info into the startup.cfg because that is what the majority of people haven't done, and it was the cause of not doing that, that resulted in my receiving that error when I was first starting. 

FIF2020f_small.png

#5 CybaGirl

CybaGirl

Posted 01 November 2020 - 22:29

Hello everyone.

Having the same issue with Windows 10 Pro x64.

I have this issue with an earlier version of the installation program and I have added my login and password to the startup.cfg file. But still I get this Error 4 and saying my user name and or password is wrong. Even though I know it is right as I can log in to the ROF website using the same information.

So thinking I will do the update which I did. Then ran the recovery option as suggested in another thread and now when I click on the yellow ROF icon nothing happens. The mouse pointer seems to animate for a few seconds and then stops.

I never see a loading screen or anything unlike when I had the previous version installed.

I have downloaded and installed both versions of 2005 and 2008 Microsoft Visual C++ but still nothing will load for me.

So does anyone have any idea as to what is going on and how I can resolve this issue please as it's driving me nuts not being able to play this game especially when I have purchased all content from the online website.

Thank you.

#6 domo.turbo

domo.turbo

Posted 09 November 2020 - 16:38

I seriously need to make a video about how to fix this error, Go to your main Rise of Flight Folder, should be under Program files(x86) then 1C777 or something like that, then Rise of Flight/data scroll down until you find the startup.cfg file, open it as a text file, near the top there should be two sections that say "your email" and "your password" replace those with your email and password then save it and open rise of flight up.

Salute!

-FF

Something is not OK

I have made the indicated startup.cfg fix, which only pre-fill the logon data, (+made the recomended update as well) but the first logon fails "as usual".

(the account is activated - other way could not write here either)

Any other hint?

#7 domo.turbo

domo.turbo

Posted 09 November 2020 - 17:05

I want revoke my previous comment, since the issue solved.

#8 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 31 January 2021 - 08:04

what are you supposed to do when it DOESNT WORK,,,, and the ROF launcher stops working when you try to update or use recovery

#9 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 31 January 2021 - 08:30

i even verified the data that was in my old pc files. same password and email being used. 

the only thing different is that im on a new system and my game settings are really really more advanced.  my current GPU says "18% in use" when my old system would say 160% system memory in use

is there a validation file i can transfer? i tried transferring the ACCDATA file and contents but that failed to do anything. Really getting to be a pisser as i wanted RoF to be my first foray as its going to be long ass time till i get BoS downloaded at its current 6 hours per 1 GB

#10 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 31 January 2021 - 16:33

what are you supposed to do when it DOESNT WORK,,,, and the ROF launcher stops working when you try to update or use recovery

Have you tried running the updater directly from its .exe file instead of from the launcher?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#11 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 31 January 2021 - 22:23

update text document

ROF update library (build at: Mar 31 2010, libcurl/7.15.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8a zlib/1.2.3, open-vcdiff/ROF-mod+)
=+= Current settings =+=
General:
  recovery mode: no
  forced version: not forced
  installation script: enabled
  stress_size: 0 bytes
  keep user .svc: enabled
Compatibility:
  downloader: v2
  updater: v2
  old style snapshot: yes
Downloader:
  downloading: allowed
  proxy trick: enabled
  rollback size: 65536 bytes
  max timeout: 90 seconds
  connect timeout: 90 seconds
  max timeout retries: 100
  max partial requests: 100
  max mirror retries: 100
Updater:
  cache slot size: 2048 kBytes
  cache slots: 32

Sysinfo:
  Windows version: 6.2.9200 

startup.cfg only accepts my username as valid as thats the only thing it has entered into the file. 

#12 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 31 January 2021 - 22:29

its also strange that the launcher now has a NEW desktop icon.   new one is a medal of a stylized overhead view of a plane in a little wreath of wheat like on a wheat penny.

Old one was the ugly yellow double rings.

#13 J18=Fritz_Gerald

J18=Fritz_Gerald

Posted 31 January 2021 - 22:47

it will change as soon as you go into the updater and update it, wish it would stay on the old one once you updated it, but it doesn't.

Salute!

-Gerald

FIF2020f_small.png

#14 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 01 February 2021 - 00:50

i even went and transferred over ALL files from the rise of flight directory on my old pc.  only 5% of files werent in the new system directory when i did the transfer. 

STILL WILL NOT WORK.   It DID update the desktop icon.    I just said fuck it and uninstalled it all. Just to much damn bullshit with it. Only thing it seemed to want to let me do was to create a new user profile, and go buy the planes again.

#15 J18=Fritz_Gerald

J18=Fritz_Gerald

Posted 01 February 2021 - 01:52

I'm very sorry to hear that it hasn't been working out for you sir. I can't think of anything else I know that would be able to help you maybe Panthercules will be able to recommend something that would help fix it.

Salute!

-Gerald

FIF2020f_small.png

#16 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:27

Almost think its because they have the sale going on, force people to rebuy stuff

#17 J18=Fritz_Gerald

J18=Fritz_Gerald

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:38

I don't think you have to rebuy what you've already bought, I'd just make sure you have the same email and password in the startup.cfg as you have on the RoF website that has all your planes on it. 

Salute!

-Gerald

FIF2020f_small.png

#18 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 01 February 2021 - 03:35

it wont accept the password so far, it just accepted the user name. Even though i reset the password to get into the rise of flight website to make sure of things. 

Oddly enough the launcher did not even look the same when I was trying to use it.   The updater would flash full green percentage complete bars, so would the recovery tab option. 

And last i checked its all null as the system wont let me reuse an activation key that has actually been associated with an account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users