Photo
- - - - -

Error 4 wrong email or password

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GrimlyTh3Lad

GrimlyTh3Lad

Posted 07 September 2020 - 12:43

Rightyho, basically I am new to this game despite wanting it for years. I created an ROF account on ROF United, but it said Error 4. I installed it off their website and verified my account, but it keeps saying error 4! Please help!

#2 Leftenant_Gerald

Leftenant_Gerald
  • LocationUnited States EST

Posted 07 September 2020 - 14:31

I seriously need to make a video about how to fix this error, Go to your main Rise of Flight Folder, should be under Program files(x86) then 1C777 or something like that, then Rise of Flight/data scroll down until you find the startup.cfg file, open it as a text file, near the top there should be two sections that say "your email" and "your password" replace those with your email and password then save it and open rise of flight up.

Salute!

-FF

Begrüssen! The Youngest Geezer Around   :icon_e_salute: 

PP logo1 25.jpg

#3 MamaShrekDing

MamaShrekDing
  • LocationIts kinda cold in winter and hot in summer...

Posted 09 September 2020 - 18:26

Hello grimly, There is another way to solve this if you are not quite as technical inept as falcon might assume :) (sry falcon)

You can just go into the startup menu and hit update-let it do its magic and it should be solved!!! Yippe!

However, if the doesn't work, you will have to go and do as flying falcon instructed.

Hope it helps, MamaShreK D

#4 Leftenant_Gerald

Leftenant_Gerald
  • LocationUnited States EST

Posted 09 September 2020 - 18:52

I usually assume that when people get this error it is because they haven't entered their info into the startup.cfg because that is what the majority of people haven't done, and it was the cause of not doing that, that resulted in my receiving that error when I was first starting. 

Begrüssen! The Youngest Geezer Around   :icon_e_salute: 

PP logo1 25.jpg

#5 CybaGirl

CybaGirl

Posted 01 November 2020 - 22:29

Hello everyone.

Having the same issue with Windows 10 Pro x64.

I have this issue with an earlier version of the installation program and I have added my login and password to the startup.cfg file. But still I get this Error 4 and saying my user name and or password is wrong. Even though I know it is right as I can log in to the ROF website using the same information.

So thinking I will do the update which I did. Then ran the recovery option as suggested in another thread and now when I click on the yellow ROF icon nothing happens. The mouse pointer seems to animate for a few seconds and then stops.

I never see a loading screen or anything unlike when I had the previous version installed.

I have downloaded and installed both versions of 2005 and 2008 Microsoft Visual C++ but still nothing will load for me.

So does anyone have any idea as to what is going on and how I can resolve this issue please as it's driving me nuts not being able to play this game especially when I have purchased all content from the online website.

Thank you.

#6 domo.turbo

domo.turbo

Posted 09 November 2020 - 16:38

I seriously need to make a video about how to fix this error, Go to your main Rise of Flight Folder, should be under Program files(x86) then 1C777 or something like that, then Rise of Flight/data scroll down until you find the startup.cfg file, open it as a text file, near the top there should be two sections that say "your email" and "your password" replace those with your email and password then save it and open rise of flight up.

Salute!

-FF

Something is not OK

I have made the indicated startup.cfg fix, which only pre-fill the logon data, (+made the recomended update as well) but the first logon fails "as usual".

(the account is activated - other way could not write here either)

Any other hint?

#7 domo.turbo

domo.turbo

Posted 09 November 2020 - 17:05

I want revoke my previous comment, since the issue solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users