- - - - -

Any chance...?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dravan

Dravan
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 August 2020 - 16:59

So love this game BTW, The career mode is the best... Just wondering if i am missing it  or if it's in game under a different name... is the Morane ( spelling) bullet in game? I see the eindecker, but not the french equivalent which would be the Morane bullet.. basically a racing plane they stuck guns on...?   Just asking, not sure if am just overlooking it somewhere or if it actually goes by a different name.

Thanks,

Dravan

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 22 August 2020 - 23:05

No, unfortunately they never got around to putting the Morane in the game.  IIRC, the earliest French plane would be the Nieuport 11 - the other early planes for logical matchups with the Eindeckers would probably be the DH-2 and the F.E.-2b.  They started with late war planes and worked backwards, and unfortunately the E-III was as far back as they got before moving on.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#3 Dravan

Dravan
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 August 2020 - 13:03

No, unfortunately they never got around to putting the Morane in the game.  IIRC, the earliest French plane would be the Nieuport 11 - the other early planes for logical matchups with the Eindeckers would probably be the DH-2 and the F.E.-2b.  They started with late war planes and worked backwards, and unfortunately the E-III was as far back as they got before moving on.

Drat!  I was a huge fan of the old RED BARON 3D back in the mid 90's  i found Rise of flight just recently .. the Career mode is what sold me on it.. :D

#4 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 August 2020 - 14:43

Yeah - the career mode can be a lot of fun, and has a lot of good things going for it.  You might also want to take a look at PWCG - it takes a slightly different approach but also has some really great features (especially relating to skin usage, since it allows you to assign historically-appropriate skins to all the members of your own squadron and also populates the skies around you with more variety of skins to encounter in combat).  If you don't want to use VR, there's still a lot to enjoy with RoF, before you switch over to the new version, Flying Circus, which does support VR but is otherwise at an early stage of development with fewer planes and less single-player content than RoF at this point.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#5 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 25 August 2020 - 14:43

And do not forget the other WW1 flysim WoFF as it seems a big update is coming.
https://simhq.com/fo...Flanders_Fields
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#6 Dravan

Dravan
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 August 2020 - 13:06

Yeah - the career mode can be a lot of fun, and has a lot of good things going for it.  You might also want to take a look at PWCG - it takes a slightly different approach but also has some really great features (especially relating to skin usage, since it allows you to assign historically-appropriate skins to all the members of your own squadron and also populates the skies around you with more variety of skins to encounter in combat).  If you don't want to use VR, there's still a lot to enjoy with RoF, before you switch over to the new version, Flying Circus, which does support VR but is otherwise at an early stage of development with fewer planes and less single-player content than RoF at this point.

I did get IL-2 FLying circus as well and its cool just not a career mode in it but the mini campaigns are fun. What is PWCG?   I only leanred about RoF and FLying Circus when i stumbled onto a video of a guy rating the top 10 flight sims... can't believe RoF was out this long and i never heard of it.. :| 

#7 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 26 August 2020 - 13:39

Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator.

It's an alternate career option to the in-game one.

In FC it's the only career option at the moment ! But it's kind of semi-official these days.

Both forums have a PWCG section.

Maybe the great man himself will be along to tell you more about it soon.

S!

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#8 Spa124LeDom

Spa124LeDom

Posted 24 October 2020 - 12:52

Hi,

I also got great fun wih RD3D, being part of spa124 and alliance with AB1.

I move lately on RoF but never find the same communoty and events (RB World League ie)

It really missed me,

And there don't found any more server on RoF.

Is there any other, new WWi flight simulator ?

A DCS WWI ??

#9 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 25 October 2020 - 11:39

There are still plenty of servers up for RoF.

Were you logged in with 'mods on' by any chance ?

S!

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users