weird little glitches

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dravan

Dravan
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 August 2020 - 16:43

Hello,

Maybe you guys can help me out.  After a long battle trying to figure out why my Throttle would go haywire on me I got that fixed, Had to uninstall game completely and then re install.   I get weird little errors now, like i fly a couple mission in Career mode and at the end of some missions i get "Error: can't write log"  so i have to exit out and then rerun the mission.

Also i have noticed sometimes i am not getting credit for kills. ( Flying the Sopwith Stutter bomber) I watch my bombs go down I see them hit ships at port in the naval base, I see them explode and sink in the harbor but It doesn't give me credit for the kill, it's done this a few times, also has happened on bombing mission for airfields and supply depots.  Should i uninstall and reinstall again or is there something i can try first.. It seems my game runs good and smooth for a good 10-15 missions but after that things start to glitch out a bit. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dravan

#2 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 15 September 2020 - 01:24

I get weird little errors now, like i fly a couple mission in Career mode and at the end of some missions i get "Error: can't write log"  so i have to exit out and then rerun the mission.

The "can't write log" thing is annoying. I think it's caused by a temporary bad connection to the master server. When you see the image of two connected screens in the top right corner starting to flash, end your mission. Usually it will save your stats to that point and you won't have to replay. Nothing worse than doing a long successful mission right to the end only to see nothing saved or recorded! 

#3 Dravan

Dravan
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 September 2020 - 23:33

The "can't write log" thing is annoying. I think it's caused by a temporary bad connection to the master server. When you see the image of two connected screens in the top right corner starting to flash, end your mission. Usually it will save your stats to that point and you won't have to replay. Nothing worse than doing a long successful mission right to the end only to see nothing saved or recorded! 

Thing is like the Bomb Port mission.. the only thing i get credit for is the twp subs that are there... i got no credit for anything else there... on Bomb Airfield i only get credit if i hit the planes lined up out side the hangers.. even if i hit both a plane and a hanger... on Bomb Factory i only get credit for hitting the larger factory buildings in the corners of the factory area, and if i get a Bomb Supply depot, no matter what i hit i NEVER get credit and neither do my flight mates.... I did at one time get credit for other hits in a bombing raid but it like just stopped.  I have uninstalled and then reinstalled a number of times... doing that actually fixed my throttle problem at least.  

#4 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 16 September 2020 - 00:06

I've only done the airfield attack to date and, so far, the EA are taking off (or are airborne) when I get there. So I dump the bombs on the hangars straight away and then tackle the EA. It's pretty hairy with the groundfire but yeah I've never been credited with destroying hangars.

On another topic, I haven't mastered the recon missions yet. I can never identify the actual recon target? so take out my frustration on lurking hun kites! 

#5 Dravan

Dravan
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:30

I've only done the airfield attack to date and, so far, the EA are taking off (or are airborne) when I get there. So I dump the bombs on the hangars straight away and then tackle the EA. It's pretty hairy with the groundfire but yeah I've never been credited with destroying hangars.

On another topic, I haven't mastered the recon missions yet. I can never identify the actual recon target? so take out my frustration on lurking hun kites! 

recon the target is usually in the center of the given site. I.E  primary site A ( fly to the center and click the eye icon, click A ( if thats the site you are in and then find the land units nearest the center of the site)  If you can't tell what they are the PDF manual of ROF in your ROF folder has a picture of the possible choices and what they look like.  Though when i was doing recon in the fighters i always got the same 2 sites and the correct choices for each were always the same, in A it was an howitzer battery.  in "D" area it was always a command encampment.  sometimes you have to fly lower to see it and sometimes its confussing as two sites will be next to each other.  IF after you make your choice it doesn't give you the "mission accomplished" message you can fly out of that recon site and then go back into to make another choice.  but you have to fly completly out of that grid and then return, you will know you did as the Recon EYE symbol will reappear.  The second area is the secondary objective you know if you chose correctly hit the TAB key after you make your choice if correct it will say something like Secondary objective 1/1 <--that menas you chose the correct site otherwise it will read 0/1.  Though it sometimes takes a minute or two to register.  Hope this helps.

#6 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:37

Yes. thanks Dravan. Very helpful.

Though when i was doing recon in the fighters i always got the same 2 sites and the correct choices for each were always the same, in A it was an howitzer battery.  in "D" area it was always a command encampment.  

And this ^ .... even more so.  :icon_e_wink:  Gotta get my cred up with the recon brass. They're not impressed with my efforts to date. Could be a medal in this! The lasses love shiny things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users