- - - - -

A couple of issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kirt_Grasshoft

Kirt_Grasshoft
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:59

Tried to login to ROF and I keep getting the #10027 "packed data verification have not passed" error. There seems to be a lot of this talked about on the net and an update of ROF appears to fix this, but I am unable to update. As soon as I click on the update button ROF launcher just closes and nothing further happens.

The other issue I have is that some time ago someone (who I know) took over my email address that I have ROF registered to and I am unable to recover this email. I have a new emmail address and I would like to change this on ROF so that I can get support emails and the usual news letters offer etc again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 knalp

knalp
  • LocationNew Zealand. ( ex. Scotland )

Posted 19 July 2020 - 11:59

Old chap. : - )

I can help with the first point:

Run this one and click the update button.

C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\rof_updater.exe

For your information : The settings.exe update button seems to be broken...

Good luck !

Nice weather in Hamilton at the moment. Not raining for change... 

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

normal program will resume momentarily...

#3 Kirt_Grasshoft

Kirt_Grasshoft
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:37

Thanks for your response Knalp

I manged to run the update as you suggested initially it did not work but I persevered and eventually it successfully run the update.

Now to figure out what to do to get my email changed I have contacted support through the 777 sight but have had no responce so far

Thank you for your help I see you mention Hamilton in your post are you from Hamilton?

S!

Chris

#4 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 July 2020 - 17:37

The other issue I have is that some time ago someone (who I know) took over my email address that I have ROF registered to and I am unable to recover this email. I have a new emmail address and I would like to change this on ROF so that I can get support emails and the usual news letters offer etc again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

If they don't get back with you about changing your e-mail, there is a work around you could try.  If you just want to get the email notices from the devs you could probably just create a new forum account with your new e-mail address, at which point I assume that they would start sending you the usual/general emails to your new e-mail address.  You don't really need to change your e-mail as far as playing the game, so you could just keep using your old email/login info to play the game.  Of course, if you're worried about the person who now has your old e-mail address trying to mess with your game account and maybe changing the password at some point, you probably should keep trying to get the devs to change your e-mail address on your game account.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#5 Kirt_Grasshoft

Kirt_Grasshoft
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:05

Thank you all for your help. ROF is now working after running the update and my email has been updated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users