Photo
- - - - -

We just got an update.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 07 July 2020 - 22:57

Went to the game card image as if I were going to the game. On the line that says News . Graphics, GAME SETTINGS , Sound, Net work I took a screen shot and it wont allow me to paste it here.

Next I went to Game Settings and turned Mods ON  just under 'Language' . This gets me to a page where there are No Servers .

It looks like I could fly OFF LINE, but I almost never fly off line .

#42 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 07 July 2020 - 22:59

Off to try this next

Go to your main ROF directory and open folder 'bin_game' then 'release'.  Find the wee yellow icon and click on it.  You can turn on mods there, and also in the graphics heading you can make your game full screen again, the update windowed mine.

These pictures should help.

attachicon.gifSETTINGS.JPGattachicon.gifMODS ON.JPG

#43 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 07 July 2020 - 23:03

I have done that both ways, and Mods are on, and I could fly alone, but there are no severs to be seen in multiplayer this way . What's next ? I owe you big time  !

Go to your main ROF directory and open folder 'bin_game' then 'release'.  Find the wee yellow icon and click on it.  You can turn on mods there, and also in the graphics heading you can make your game full screen again, the update windowed mine.

These pictures should help.

attachicon.gifSETTINGS.JPGattachicon.gifMODS ON.JPG

#44 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 07 July 2020 - 23:05

Turned MODS OFF and can't get to multiplayer , still .

#45 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 07 July 2020 - 23:05

I'm afraid I can't help you with the MP side of things, I've never done it.

That was the method I used to get into the game as I couldn't get past the error page at all.

Perhaps they've nerfed MP?

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#46 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 07 July 2020 - 23:09

I almost always fly multiplayer. I can fly alone in missions and campaigns by the looks of it .Quick missions too . But That same warning comes up with the MODS are OFF 

I'm afraid I can't help you with the MP side of things, I've never done it.

That was the method I used to get into the game as I couldn't get past the error page at all.

Perhaps they've nerfed MP?

#47 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 07 July 2020 - 23:12

Hmmm....has this to do with their new super-duper anti h4x thing posted earlier?

I didn't know they cared?!!

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#48 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 07 July 2020 - 23:14

. Well I made a screen shot but this system won't let me post it. The 10027 warning you made.

No idea what this means either 'anti h4x " .

#49 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 07 July 2020 - 23:17

I think screenshots are saved as .png by default. You'd need to convert them to .jpg to attach them to a post I think.  

#50 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 07 July 2020 - 23:24

I think screenshots are saved as .png by default. You'd need to convert them to .jpg to attach them to a post I think.  

Thanks for the help. I still have no idea what to do to get on Multiplayer.

I will be back looking for help on that later .

#51 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 07 July 2020 - 23:38

Thanks for the help. I still have no idea what to do to get on Multiplayer.

I will be back looking for help on that later .

You're welcome. I'm sure one of the MP jockeys will know what's what.

#52 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 08 July 2020 - 00:00

Did this Go to bin_game/release folder and double click on rof_updater.exe  Still can't get to the game .

But did you actually updated the game after double clicking on the updater.exe? Did you clicked on update in the box, initiated it, saw that green bar downloading the content (mine was 2mb), the update install was successful? Because what make people unable to login is the lack of the content of the update.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#53 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 08 July 2020 - 00:18

The first few attempts failed, but in time I bumbled my way thru it and got to fly in multiplayer . :)  Is this Cruz too ?

But did you actually updated the game after double clicking on the updater.exe? Did you clicked on update in the box, initiated it, saw that green bar downloading the content (mine was 2mb), the update install was successful? Because what make people unable to login is the lack of the content of the update.

#54 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 08 July 2020 - 02:14

Is this Cruz too ?

Did not get that. If I'm Cruz? In this case, no. I just use one profile since forever. If it's not me out there, it is not me.

#55 127Tom

127Tom

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:30

Again; make sure you run the update twice. first was 2 mb, second was larger. 

#56 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:03

I just did one. Went to check now and it says that I'm updated. I logged in to NFF today with no problems.

#57 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 08 July 2020 - 14:01

I just did one. Went to check now and it says that I'm updated. I logged in to NFF today with no problems.

NFF Cruze is from the same country.

I did what seems to be a 2 MB update. It's working I can fly and die with others LOL

Not so sure I wanna do any more updates. Old games don't get updates... ;)

#58 pasao

pasao

Posted 18 July 2020 - 16:38

Hi all

Two updates in cascade, no idea what they contain. May be loging is more fast now?

Well, almost the game is not disattended yet and receives some attention

First update is a small 2mb patch

Second update seems to be a files verification

Account and views are reset by the way

#59 Dudgeon

Dudgeon

Posted 01 August 2020 - 16:01

I just downloaded the game so I really don't know if it was already included there.

#60 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 02 August 2020 - 17:57

I just downloaded the game so I really don't know if it was already included there.

I don't believe that they have updated the D/L package for the game, so it's probably unlikely that the recent update (whatever it was for) has been included in the D/L game package, regardless of when you D/L'ed it.  On the other hand, it's pretty easy to check - try starting the game and if it works for you and you can join any of the mods off MP servers, you're probably fine.  And if it doesn't work, you should probably try doing an update from the game's launcher (or, if that fails, run the update directly from the Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\rof_updater.exe file).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#61 Guster

Guster
  • LocationNo man's land

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:15

Got a new laptop and reinstalled everything.

I can't run Settings though - it says the "side-by-side configuration is incorrect" - any clue, anyone?

:-)

#62 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:16

Got a new laptop and reinstalled everything.

I can't run Settings though - it says the "side-by-side configuration is incorrect" - any clue, anyone?

:-)

I's a well know issue Guster, if you do a search you'll hit paydirt.

Have you updated though 'settings'?

#63 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:18

Try here, but update first....

https://riseofflight...ide-side-error/

This, perhaps better?

https://riseofflight...use-rof-new-pc/

#64 Guster

Guster
  • LocationNo man's land

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:32

Try here, but update first....

https://riseofflight...ide-side-error/

This, perhaps better?

https://riseofflight...use-rof-new-pc/

Thanks! It works!

:icon_e_salute:

#65 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:27

Champion...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users