Photo
- - - - -

Unlocking Plane data files ( For mods on obviously ) .

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 knalp

knalp
  • LocationWell it's kind of green and bushy...

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:24

Fiddling around with the Se5a.txt "plane data file".

In mods on if I change anything in the file when I launch a mission the game returns an error.

Attached File  Plane data file error.jpg   192.91KB   0 downloads

So obviously the file gets checked against a hash of the file.

Learn:

https://en.wikipedia...le_verification

Question.

Where is the Hash file kept, can we make a new hash file?

I suppose you could encrypt the Hash file to effectively lock it until it is needed...just to make it even harder to fiddle the books. 

I am considering giving up.

However it is interesting to "unpack the game" so to speak.

I can see why fiddling the FM's DM's and frankly anything else, is a royal pain in the seat...

S!

Knalp.

PS. If the Hash files are encrypted then they who hold encryption key will hold the game by the short and curlies...and maybe FC is a way to rescue assets...just saying...

Spam patrol: on duty and on guard. None shall pass!

I was there: The Great Spam War  of 2019/2020

#2 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 04 May 2020 - 19:11

is it possible to see the creation date of the original plane data file you are trying to alter?

I do remember in the past that some games/programs merely had a method to make sure that critical files were not allowed to have a creation date later ten the original install of the program.

If that's too hard to follow,

if the original file you are trying to alter was created 1/02/2010 at 09:38:22 then alter the UPDATED file to have the same creation time

#3 knalp

knalp

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:12

is it possible to see the creation date of the original plane data file you are trying to alter?

I do remember in the past that some games/programs merely had a method to make sure that critical files were not allowed to have a creation date later ten the original install of the program.

If that's too hard to follow,

if the original file you are trying to alter was created 1/02/2010 at 09:38:22 then alter the UPDATED file to have the same creation time

Well heck. I could give it a try but I seriously doubt it's that simple. But you never know right!

Thanks for the idea!

S!

Knalp.

#4 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:34

Well heck. I could give it a try but I seriously doubt it's that simple. But you never know right!

Thanks for the idea!

S!

Knalp.

some Microsoft and adobe programs used that in the late 90s and early 2000's. we saw how safe they were

#5 Dupxo7

Dupxo7

Posted 22 May 2020 - 15:56

Fiddling around with the Se5a.txt "plane data file".

[...]

Could you tell me what file (or files) do I have to unpack with unGTP to modify certain plane data? Can I modify such thing as plane endurance this way?

#6 knalp

knalp

Posted 22 May 2020 - 22:34

Could you tell me what file (or files) do I have to unpack with unGTP to modify certain plane data? Can I modify such thing as plane endurance this way?

Unpack all the .gtp files.

Look through the list carefully and you will see there are various related files in different places.

The big problem you will have is this:

If you open a text file and change it you will find RoF will warn you there is an error.

This is to do with the file security measures that RoF uses.

I tried to do this and all I got for my efforts were error msg's from RoF.

So RoF has two major security systems for anti cheating. ( or more! )

1) Mods on /off

2) Config files that have been "hashed".

All files that cover specs of planes etc etc have been hashed ( or what ever it is ) and cannot be changed !

A major problem that the Devs have ignored is player involvement in expanding the RoF world.

There seems to be no offical converge of how to do this etc bar some communications in the forum

of which info has been lost in the forum move and/or people giving up etc.

This is all very short sighted of the devs and quite sad.

Like all "open world" games the game itself is good but, the developing of the game further is hugely important.

A good example is Minecraft , it will keep being added to by "player developers".

Case in point is the playable ZEPPELIN.

People were going nuts over that and it could have been a thing if the devs had snapped out of there WW2 trance.

and the argument that RoF is a "finished product" is juvenile at best.

Crack the config files hash security !!! and we could then tweak things, add things... etc.

Good luck!

S!

Knalp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users