Photo
- - - - -

Steam DLC trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chickimotoz

chickimotoz

Posted 28 April 2020 - 11:02

Hello! I couldn't find a related topic here so I am posting a new one.

I have a problem which might not be one, but I am asking nevertheless.

I bought a bunch of steam DLCs which say they include BOTH planes and their modifications like additional gauges etc. I can use all the planes and everything runs great until I try to change gauges, which I can't and the game tells me to buy them in store and then sends me to the website where it says I already own everything needed.. Then I go back to RoF where I get a notification all my purchases are recognised by the game and will be availiable 'the next time I fly", but no matter how many times I wait and restart the game all modifications remain locked, although all other content like planes themselves or new campaigns is there. Is it just me being stupid and doing something wrong (like not buying the Ace Pack or something) or am I really stuck in some bug-relaed loophole?

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 28 April 2020 - 16:53

Welcome to the Forums!

When you are starting the game, are you doing it online or offline?  You have to log in online at least once after you purchase any DLC, so that the master server can update your local copy of the game to recognize what DLC you have bought.  After that, you can go back to logging in offline if you'd like.

Also, you cannot mix DLC that you have bought through Steam with DLC you have bought from the RoF store on the same game account, so if you have already been buying stuff through Steam do not buy anything from the RoF store.

None of the above would seem to explain why the planes would be available but the modifications would not be, so there may be something else weird and Steam-related going on that I can't help with (I've never gone near Steam for RoF and am not sure how differently it works), but at least make sure that logging in online doesn't solve your problem, and let us know if you're still having issues.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#3 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:27

that's the problem.  STEAM isn't an honest company.

They have sold me games in the past, and then given me download links that would not work. And when I complained they would tell me that was because it was a game that they do not retail anymore. And when asked why they sold it to me,   they would just block me out of the system completely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users