Photo
- - - - -

Cannot login to game, online or offline!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Runnybabbit

Runnybabbit

Posted 26 April 2020 - 17:46

Hi,

I've played ROF for some years now without problem, and after a break of a few months, went to login yesterday, and got this message:

"#5. Licence key not activated".

I tried a few times, then removed the game from my pc, and re-downloaded the game, clean installed it, then went to login again, and got the same message. At this point I put a ticket into support, though no response so far. I checked my account, and it still shows all the aircraft I purchased, with keys activated...

I tried again today, same result, and decided to try offline login, and got this message:

"No stored offline account data was found. To login to the game in Offline mode, you should have received account data. Please run your game in Online mode to receive the account data and try again".

Of course, I cannot run the game in Online mode, because of the first message!

Thanking all in advance for any help received!

#2 J18=Fritz_Gerald

J18=Fritz_Gerald
  • LocationUnited States EST (Jasta 18 CO)

Posted 26 April 2020 - 22:41

For me to fix the problem, I had to download and install the Microsoft Visual Studio redistributable packages for 2005 and 2008

FIF2020f_small.png

#3 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 26 April 2020 - 23:31

have you done the big 800mb update lately?

#4 Runnybabbit

Runnybabbit

Posted 27 April 2020 - 08:26

Good morning! Thanks for the replies received so far, much appreciated!

To Flying_Falcon:  Thanks for this tip. I just grabbed the Microsoft Visual C Runtime packages for all the years, with a batch file install, which went smoothly, but alas, no change in circumstance when booting up the game.

To pocketshaver:  If you mean the game update (I can't remember the size, sorry!), then yes, it is fully updated.

To both:  I just checked on the website again, and I think it may be their website that is giving me a problem? I looked at my purchases of aircraft, and whereas I have 18 aircraft, according to their page for me, I have all of them! Just to be sure, I tried to activate each key again, and got the notification that it was already activated. This happened whether it was genuinely one of my purchases, or if it was one I haven't bought..

Sadly, since Saturday, I've had no response to my support ticket (so far..). I will keep you updated though.

#5 Runnybabbit

Runnybabbit

Posted 27 April 2020 - 21:15

Hi all,

Finally got to the bottom of this, and the problem wasn't with the game at all...

It was my anti-malware software! I've used the same program for over 10 years, without any issue. I renewed my subscription for another 3 years for all my pc's, and thought nothing of it, then updated the install of it.

For some reason, my original settings, exempting my games (as well as others to do with work) were erased. As such, the software did it's job, and completely prevented my access to the game online, silently. Now that I know, I've emailed the company concerned.

I'm now updating my support ticket and asking them to stand down.. Thanks to pocketshaver and Flying_Falcon for your help, much appreciated!

#6 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 27 April 2020 - 21:15

are you trying to login into the game in online or offline mode?

you should be able to just go to the email you got when you created your forum account/account for the first time and downloaded the game. It will have your particular install key in it. mine does.

#7 Runnybabbit

Runnybabbit

Posted 27 April 2020 - 22:34

are you trying to login into the game in online or offline mode?

you should be able to just go to the email you got when you created your forum account/account for the first time and downloaded the game. It will have your particular install key in it. mine does.

I think our emails crossed looking at the timing. Thanks for your help, and though I feel a bit daft for not double checking that software, it's the first time it's ever happened in over 10 years of using it. Happy now though, that I can get back to enjoying flying...

#8 mitchjm

mitchjm

Posted 06 July 2020 - 19:57

I just downloaded this game this morning. I created a username and login first. Received activation email. Then I installed it. I can login on the ROF website, no problem. Launch game from from shortcut, no problem. BUT, when I try to login, in either the online or offline mode, it says #4 Wrong e-mail or password.

What gives?

#9 J18=Fritz_Gerald

J18=Fritz_Gerald

Posted 08 July 2020 - 18:34

have you entered in your password and email into the startup.cfg file? it is in riseofflight/data near the bottom, open it as a text file and put in your information if you haven't already.

FIF2020f_small.png

#10 Brumbieman

Brumbieman

Posted 14 July 2020 - 06:29

I'm having the same problem as MitchJM.

Downloaded the game yesterday, installed it this afternoon. Email registration worked fine, created a password but it just says "incorrect password or email" when i try and login to the game and start playing. 

I even rest the password, and it accepted the old one fine to set a new one, but the new one didn't work either. 

WTH?

#11 J18=Fritz_Gerald

J18=Fritz_Gerald

Posted 14 July 2020 - 16:04

Did you enter your old password into the startup.cfg file in riseofflight/data  ?

FIF2020f_small.png

#12 Brumbieman

Brumbieman

Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:21

Can't say I have, no. 

How does one do that?

#13 J18=Fritz_Gerald

J18=Fritz_Gerald

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:21

Go to the rise of flight folder, then go into the sub folder data, scroll down, and find a file called startup.cfg open it as a text file, and enter your email and password into the file in the required sections, be sure to delete that parts that say enter your email and here, and enter your password here

FIF2020f_small.png

#14 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 02 February 2021 - 06:13

how would windows defender in win 10 pro be seen to do this?

#15 FliegerEins

FliegerEins

Posted 10 February 2021 - 04:06

I am getting the same #5 error message with Win 10 Home, and did everything you all suggested. The next message is that I need to activate my key, which did not work. Email address and password already in use. I have not played the game (non-Steam version) in a long time. I also updated both startup.cfg files (one in update folder also). Computer and game updated. Pressing update key now causes the game to crash to desktop. Wondering if I should do a complete reinstall.

#16 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 10 February 2021 - 18:58

Have you tried doing the update directly from the updater's .exe file instead of from the launcher?  That has worked for some folks who were having problems recently.  You can find it here (in the non-steam version - not sure about the file structure of the Steam version):

Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\rof_updater.exe

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#17 FliegerEins

FliegerEins

Posted 11 February 2021 - 02:24

Have you tried doing the update directly from the updater's .exe file instead of from the launcher?  That has worked for some folks who were having problems recently.  You can find it here (in the non-steam version - not sure about the file structure of the Steam version):

Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\rof_updater.exe

Panthercules! Thank you again for your quick response! You helped me 5 years ago with a problem. Yes, I had tried that again. It would not update correctly. Did it again under the Recovery option. Downloaded the checksum, but would not install. Something about the update has the wrong md5 files. It had kicked out my email address and password out of the data\ Startup.cfg file, but not out of the game\release\startup.cfg file. (I inserted my info between the two asterisks on each line, and left them there). I really appreciate your help. Salute!  :icon_e_salute:  :icon_e_salute:  :icon_e_salute:

#18 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 11 February 2021 - 17:52

Sounds like it's still not working, if I understand your post.

Are you sure that you have both the 2005 and 2008 versions of the MS distributable installed?  There are some threads around here somewhere about how to get both versions, which seems to be required now after one of the updates a few months or so ago.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#19 FliegerEins

FliegerEins

Posted 11 February 2021 - 23:10

Sounds like it's still not working, if I understand your post.

Are you sure that you have both the 2005 and 2008 versions of the MS distributable installed?  There are some threads around here somewhere about how to get both versions, which seems to be required now after one of the updates a few months or so ago.

Thank you again for your quick reply!! Yes, I did find that link, and installed both MS distributables. (Thank you to the author of that post, it was Leftenant _Gerald). Even though that did not work either, I received a prompt reply from a member of the RoF Support Team. I have not flown any missions yet, however, all the opening (settings) menus seem to work fine. I am wondering if there is anything else to fix it in the future on my end, should it happen again. Many thanks to you and the Support Team member for a speedy solution and reply!!   :icon_e_smile:  :icon_e_salute:  :icon_e_smile:  :icon_e_salute:  :icon_e_smile:  :icon_e_salute:  By the way, what virtual reality headset do you recommend? 

#20 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 12 February 2021 - 19:27

By the way, what virtual reality headset do you recommend? 

I'm still using my original Rift CV1, so I'm not exactly in a position at this point to recommend a VR HMD.  There are some great VR-related threads on the IL-2 GB forums that should give you a real good idea of the pros and cons of various HMDs.

#21 FliegerEins

FliegerEins

Posted 13 February 2021 - 01:09

I'm still using my original Rift CV1, so I'm not exactly in a position at this point to recommend a VR HMD.  There are some great VR-related threads on the IL-2 GB forums that should give you a real good idea of the pros and cons of various HMDs.

Thank you, again!!  Salute!! :icon_e_salute:  :icon_e_salute: . I remember an old post of yours that you are really enjoying IL-2. 

#22 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 13 February 2021 - 02:09

Thank you, again!!  Salute!! :icon_e_salute:  :icon_e_salute: . I remember an old post of yours that you are really enjoying IL-2. 

It has some warts and problems, but yeah - I have enjoyed it quite a bit.  The first time I took my trusty Bf-110 flying through the canyons and over the mountains on the Kuban map in VR still stands out as a most amazing flight sim moment ever!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users