Photo
- - - - -

Flying Circus

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#321 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:25

It seems wasteful to spend the rest of your life complaining about a game you no longer play

There's been a small bump in MP numbers since the sale.

I've spent hundreds of hours making maps for my FC server, and frankly the radically negative 'game's a complete write-off' comments have the potential to put new customers off all together.

Every time FC is mentioned here you can't help yourself.

You've had your say over and over, maybe now stop spoiling it for everyone else ?

The more people that buy BoX modules, the better for everyone, including you.

As one of the best Camel pilots, and one of the best gunners I've ever come across - I can't understand why you can't adjust to the changes that have come along.

But seemingly you can't.

So accept it's not for you anymore and play whatever you feel happier playing.

S!

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#322 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 05 July 2020 - 14:44

It is not just my opinion. Is the opinion of most the veterans that were playing back then. And there are some people fighting for it in FC as well, you just don't see it.

And who the heck is you to tell me to move on?

I'm just going to say it:

The majority of the "veterans" are bitches.

They threw a tantrum and quit when their favorite Entente ride got nerfed in RoF. Then they threw a tantrum a quit when they couldn't pull 8 G's in their bullet sponges anymore.

The "veterans" are second on the list of responsibility, behind the devs, when it comes to demise of these games.

If the veterans were willing to take off their diapers and just enjoy the game for what it is, a game, I think the devs might have more incentive to work on FC. As it is now, every change they make is met with endless whining and complaints; and why bother for a game that is only played enmasse on Sundays and Thursdays?

#323 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 05 July 2020 - 19:27

"The veterans" are the people who have been fighting for this game for ages. We are talking about squadron members, server operators, popular / respected people in the forum. And it is not just opinion. Most things are the result of research and experience. Disagreements are common, but when the majority says that they screwed with the DM, I would listen.

So you sell a product that most expert customer’s say the wheels are deal breakers for example, and you are talking about experienced pilots competing for years, and in the next update you introduce square wheels? Are you serious?

And many of us worked hard to seed Flying Circus since day one (me for example, at Berloga since day one), to open and operate servers, to organize events. Some people are still flying FC and pushing for a fix. The normal locking and deleting is happening over there. Will people accept the gag? We'll see. At the moment, Rise of Flight is vastly superior in most things, DM included.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#324 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 05 July 2020 - 19:29

You want to fight for FC?

Play it.

#325 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 05 July 2020 - 19:49

I think it's important to remember that the vocal portion of the forum doesn't represent any sort of 'majority'.

#326 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 05 July 2020 - 19:56

That too.

#327 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 05 July 2020 - 21:00

You want to fight for FC?

Play it.

It does not work that way. No long ago 'the vocal portion of the forum' mentioned that this thing of buying WWII modules because people say it helps, it does not. It only makes the development shift to WWII. You could even gift WWI modules, but you also signal that you approve the game. In other words, if people continue to play, they won't change a thing. So we resort to messages in our signatures or we even stop playing. Plus, it wasn't the first time I wanted to stop playing there. The last one was with the invisible plane's bug. But I endured two years. I just felt that the DM demise was too much. We can't play anymore. 

That's the only tool we have in hands. Ourselves.

I think it's important to remember that the vocal portion of the forum doesn't represent any sort of 'majority'.

Don't forget that 'the vocal portion of the forum' is what makes the game what it is. Otherwise we would be playing Camels with Spad FMs and vice versa. Copy and paste, sort of what the developers do in WOFF. I'm hearing people complain about the 50cal being pillow punches in Il-2 now. It is the vocal portion of the forum who will push for a fix. For some reason they have self-confidence enough on the WWII part to complain and ask for fixes. The WWI part of the game is the one that has this 'we take what we are given' attitude.

This is a mistake, but understandable. Some people don’t care, they just want to add a photo in their cockpit or have a pilot with mustache, or a new tone of grass*, and some people don’t know how to act better, some people don’t speak English (people say the Russian part of the forum is a volcano always erupting), some people are just funboys, etc. It is no easy job to be part of the ‘vocal portion of the forum’. We just do it because we are passionate about it. I just think the game has potential, we had fun with it and we want to continue. But sometimes they have this tendency to put a silver bullet in their own game.

*not even talking about single player.

It is not in our hands, but we do what we can.

#328 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 06 July 2020 - 00:50

You're kidding yourself if you think "one burst and you're blacked the fuck out for 15 seconds" is functionally any different from "one burst and your wings are torn to shit".

The only difference is that the "vocal" community praised the former, and cried over the latter.

Somehow people managed to fly with these sort of wings for years in RoF. But they somehow can't in FC; because they got used to flying SPADs like FW190's in FC (No kidding, one guy complained he could no longer pull out of a 360kmh dive- no backing off throttle, just straight out of it); and flinging Camels around like TIE Fighters while riddled with bullets.

#329 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:56

I have Flying Circus, but I could never bring myself to embrace it.  It wasn't because of the game itself, it was because of the community.  I didn't like what I saw in the community when I played Rise of Flight, relatively late in its lifecycle, but thankfully the Flight Model wars of 2013 and 2014 were a bit before my time.  Now, reading the FC forums, I have a taste of what that must have been like.  Yuck.

#330 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:54

It wasn't because of the game itself, it was because of the community.

Amen. Just head over to the WW2 side of the forum; and while it does have its flare-ups; on the large it's a huge breath of fresh air. Even in the "good times" of FC, it was still this way.

#331 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 06 July 2020 - 06:31

Most of us don't play for the community, but for the game.

Always remember you are unique!

Just like everyone else.

#332 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 06 July 2020 - 06:36

Stumble, the problem is, if you are playing a poorly populated game, with the same 10 or 15 people, night after night, a certain level of rancor develops.  Some are dominant, some people are getting pwned, there is a lot of butthurt.  So in a multiplayer environment, the "game" does suffer from the "community"

And then some come into the forums, and people are always complaining about this, that, and the other, or even worse, bringing their personal battles from the servers onto the forums, and vice versa it just makes things worse.  Bitching about the progress of the game, the neglect of the developers, etc, as if their entire lives depended on this one game, and there is no alternative on earth...

The World War One niche community appears to be uniquely passionate, and that can be a good thing sometimes, but it also can be ridiculous and detrimental.

#333 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:06

Yes, multiplayer is not for everyone. In any competitive endeavor you have to deal with stress, with rivals, nemesis, rules and the whole ball of wax. But most people will be in this battle in some area of their lives, so, contrary to the belief, the yuk part is intrinsic to life. Some deal with it here, some at home, some at work, or at the club, at the park. Wherever. Maybe a retiree is smart enough not to have to deal with it anymore, but if you are playing, it is part of the game.

So my opinion is that any game forum that has multiplayer will be like that. Perhaps in some big games you get diluted in the crowd, but if the player is really competitive, he will end up rubbing shoulders with just a bunch of other players at the top, and the dynamic will be the same - a fight to climb the hierarchy line.

For those who deal with it outside the game and don’t want to deal with it here, I can see the game becoming a hassle, especially in such a niche and with both modules forgotten. Here because it came to the end of the development, there because it is at the bottom of priorities, the forum is not read and updates can always bring a ball from left field.

#334 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:28

Nevermind.  It is what it is

I'll say this though.  What did you do for multiplayer this evening?  I played IL-2, P-51Ds, with 2 buddies that I've been flying with since RoF.  We did well, and had a good time.

At some point you are going to have to quit bellyaching about Flying Circus, and move on to something that provides you with fun.  You and others have made your point that you are dissapointed.  Maybe the developers will fix things, and maybe they won't. 

#335 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:06

I played IL-2, P-51Ds, with 2 buddies that I've been flying with since RoF.  We did well, and had a good time.

Until they screw the P-51. Then you will do the same. It is easier to bitch about people's reaction when the neighboring country is being bombed. But when the bombs start to fall on your roof...

#336 knalp

knalp
  • LocationNew Zealand. ( ex. Scotland )

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:27

No one is on except Arties honey pot profile.

I connect to NFF1 and start rebuilding my bindings.

Do some stunts in Camel.

Ten minutes later other people show up, one is playing first time since RB3D days.

Everyone has a good time.

No problems.

There is nothing wrong with the Rise of flight community.

Why you WW2 types and Flying Circus types come back here is quite absurd.

Maybe you should put some hours in on a RoF server near you and stfu.

RoF is alive and still kicking.

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

Oh no... oh dear... oh gosh, blinking heck! My wing!

#337 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:39

Any kicking RoF has is due to rigor mortis.

#338 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:45

Well, NFF had 16 players yesterday. Compared to the mid 40s that the Sunday event had in FC, I would say ROF is still well awake.

#339 knalp

knalp

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:52

Any kicking RoF has is due to rigor mortis.

Does this make sense to you ? How ?

Dan is coming along quite well ( for an austrialian ) they are learning how to play nice....

and Smudge is keen and flies the Bristol. Is English.

Yep, dead as a dodo...

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

#340 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:59

I can't believe..

a. SW's playing RoF on NFF - the nasty 'airquake' icons thing that he always hated - but is now sliced bread.

b. Planky's telling us how wonderful RoF is after all these years of telling us how bad it is ! (fixed the 'fly now' crashes have you - thhhhhrrrrrrpppp !)

Global revolution does strange things to people..

S!

#341 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:17

I can't believe..

a. SW's playing RoF on NFF - the nasty 'airquake' icons thing that he always hated - but is now sliced bread.

b. Planky's telling us how wonderful RoF is after all these years of telling us how bad it is ! (fixed the 'fly now' crashes have you - thhhhhrrrrrrpppp !)

S!

What are you talking about? I fly on NFF since 2017. Icons isn't a problem. I think Aces Falling had icons. It could be better in my opinion, but nonetheless it is staple in ROF now and I can have a dogfight, and I had a few already after I left FC, something that is no longer possible in Flying Circus.

Larner recently said in one of the FC threads: "During one training night I was doing a bit of sparring with one of the 103rd guys. We must have had about 20 duels - about 18 of which resulted in me shooting out one or more of his controls, or vice versa, with the first burst that landed."

18 out of 20?!!!! Is this a [bad] joke?

Sorry, I'm just kidding.

#342 knalp

knalp

Posted 06 July 2020 - 12:40

I can't believe..

S!

Hold on there ZF.

Misrepresentation!

Fix the borked bits of RoF! Some bits are really good! Is it all bad ? No!

More attention to detail by the devs would have gone a long way to secure more money.

Dumping the game and not even telling anyone is a pretty crap move.

But wait! You can buy it all again! but with much less content.... and a base game you have to buy... what?

Fixing RoF and adding new content would have been a better move in my opinion.

In fact asking the RoF crowd what they would like to spend some money on might have been a better plan over all.

but no.

Do we need DX 11 ?? do we need VR ??

Do we need ZEPPELINS ?????

Do we need mods on servers ??? Arma2 did it. That was aaaaaages ago.

S!

Lankp.

N17 002.jpg

#343 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 06 July 2020 - 16:30

What are you talking about? I fly on NFF since 2017. Icons isn't a problem. I think Aces Falling had icons. It could be better in my opinion, but nonetheless it is staple in ROF now and I can have a dogfight, and I had a few already after I left FC, something that is no longer possible in Flying Circus.

Larner recently said in one of the FC threads: "During one training night I was doing a bit of sparring with one of the 103rd guys. We must have had about 20 duels - about 18 of which resulted in me shooting out one or more of his controls, or vice versa, with the first burst that landed."

18 out of 20?!!!! Is this a [bad] joke?

Sorry, I'm just kidding.

"That is, I'm starting to not enjoy returning to ROF so much"... "ROF apeal is starting to age and shade off quickly"

A couple of quote's from a post 17/12/18.

No FC DM change has affected anything in RoF.

And if I'm not having great dogfights in FC just now I'll have to think of another name for it !

S!

#344 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 06 July 2020 - 16:47

Yes, the original Flying Circus DM was vastly superior to ROF. So I don't see your point. And Larner quote stands.

#345 Kraftowod

Kraftowod

Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:23

The Red Baron is alive!

cf4b3a273406ac6bccb7a9181c9feace.jpg

d60cf2a4f7e83227109ca5523b3ffc64.jpg

4f7e60fc1c1b344890cbc7683bd1c828.jpg

c159c15f135e1950507db4ce7aa6f18c.jpg

My group ,,VKontakte,, https://vk.com/public165950262 the channel  ,,YouTube,, https://www.youtube....HURYRzupbA?view  dedicated to the creation of skins.

#346 Kraftowod

Kraftowod

Posted 03 November 2020 - 15:48

4c61c0677aacc657ba8a0bd05124b691.jpg

2ac5f55c100dcf459ef79f3c99a85ba9.jpg

87157bd1a8551158750f5f695ff23566.jpg

My group ,,VKontakte,, https://vk.com/public165950262 the channel  ,,YouTube,, https://www.youtube....HURYRzupbA?view  dedicated to the creation of skins.

#347 Kraftowod

Kraftowod

Posted 07 November 2020 - 16:46

14563e7d2223c9fe3621ba9cae80d18a.jpg

df70a7bea9e17b4afdc42f8a569f780a.jpg

b588df82ec18e5251a9b5b0d14356add.jpg

#348 Kraftowod

Kraftowod

Posted 22 November 2020 - 13:34

ae8da0d1f41189d3cc04c2ee7641ea4d.jpg

#349 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 22 November 2020 - 17:07

Nice screens Kraftowod.  Wish that sim had the content/character of RoF.

#350 Leftenant_Gerald

Leftenant_Gerald
  • LocationUnited States EST

Posted 22 November 2020 - 19:11

Wish that sim had the content/character of RoF.

Same thought here

Begrüssen! The Youngest Geezer Around   :icon_e_salute: 

PP logo1 25.jpg

#351 127Tom

127Tom

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:17

Gave FC another go a month ago. A Dr.1 took some pot shots at me from a couple of hundred meters away. I heard a couple of bullet hits and my wing fell off.
That was the moment I uninstalled it and I will doubtly ever come back.

#352 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:51

Beautiful skins, a beautiful shroud for a dead dream. Sometimes we can only be silently sad, because all the words have already been said a long time ago.

#353 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:14

Gave FC another go a month ago. A Dr.1 took some pot shots at me from a couple of hundred meters away. I heard a couple of bullet hits and my wing fell off.
That was the moment I uninstalled it and I will doubtly ever come back.

Yes you will.

You'll feel the need to come back again in a month to tell us how crap it is, all over again.

#354 knalp

knalp

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:40

Yes you will.

You'll feel the need to come back again in a month to tell us how crap it is, all over again.

So that will be every two months we get the same "FC is still crap" carrier pidgeon message?

I wish I had not bought FC ( and given it away... ) and instead saved up for a 144 hz monitor... sigh.

Sometimes I am a blooming loony....

May buy the hurricane next and take it to Berloga. If it's better than the I-16 I will be pleased.

FC is not coming up in the Dev Diaries very much and I see there is an unhappy face in each successive one...

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

#355 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 23 November 2020 - 15:43

No it's not featured in a DD for some time... that tank nonsense on the other hand !!

I'm trying to learn to level bomb in the 111 before giving up and getting back into that sexy big beast the 110. Get shot down lots then I seem to end up back in RoF quick smart.

S!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users