- - - - -

Flying Circus

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#1 Leftenant_Gerald

Leftenant_Gerald
  • LocationUnited States EST

Posted 25 April 2020 - 14:52

Does anyone know whether Rise of Flight skins can be used in flying circus?

S!

Begrüssen! The Youngest Geezer Around   :icon_e_salute: 

PP logo1 25.jpg

#2 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 25 April 2020 - 16:51

Well, kind of. I've tried with Albie D5 ones. They've messed around with the 3D model some, for no good reason and not very well so they don't look so good.

Generally they're all too dark, so if you could lighten them a bit they might not look so bad but the D5 I'd certainly say no.

My foray into FC has ended there I'm afraid. When the devs don't take it nearly as seriously as you do it's probably time to hang up your boots.

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 25 April 2020 - 21:38

Yes, because I have noticed in FC that some skins like from J2 & Trupobaw are 2k, but it does need some adjustments.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#4 Leftenant_Gerald

Leftenant_Gerald

Posted 25 April 2020 - 22:04

Another question, can you see other peoples skins, even though you don't have that skin file on your computer?

PP logo1 25.jpg

#5 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 25 April 2020 - 22:37

No you need to have it downloaded too. There's an unofficial bundle put together by GCF.

Always remember you are unique!

Just like everyone else.

#6 Leftenant_Gerald

Leftenant_Gerald

Posted 26 April 2020 - 13:00

Alright, thank you!

PP logo1 25.jpg

#7 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 26 April 2020 - 19:23

For whoever is on the fence about Flying Circus, my advice is just to wait for several reasons.

1 - There is only one server being populated at the time being - J5 Flugpark. That’s telling.

2 - There is a serious invisible plane bug that makes especially D7s (the most popular plane on the German side) invisible to Entente planes. Some squadrons have been recording tons of tracks and one of them mentioned 5 invisible planes case in one single mission if I'm not mistaken, so it is a rampant critical bug that is very frequent.

3 - Spotting and visibility is not as good as in ROF. I've been playing here for the last week and rendering is better, spots are more consistent and there is no cloud shimmering / banding as in Flying Circus. It is way easier to track and spot planes in ROF due to the superior rendering, contrast, reflection, the latter that is pretty bad in Flying Circus and has some contrast bug / complaint threads already open. A considerable part of the Il-2 community complaints about the visibility forever.

4 - On the last update they screwed with the damage model (that was almost perfect according to most of the veterans including myself). So planes behave now like in ROF, shaking and loosing wings with a spit, plus with a gunnery that is similar to the ROF improved gunnery. It is wings fest right now and you can't be hit with a few bullets because you will shred your wings apart. The devs say that they are fixing it, but they might just bring the ROF dispersion bullet, just like they brought something very similar to the ROF damage model (I still have my doubts that it is the same). So in other words, FC is just a fraction of ROF planes with a very similar damage model, several bugs, some critical, no single career, very few objects on the missions, same mud, same old just with some eye candy. 

In other words, if they bring bullet dispersion to 'fix' the damage model screw up, there absolutely no difference from ROF, plus the fact that it is just 10 planes, no career, no servers being populated, no nothing. Just a small gathering everyday that tends to disappear since everyone is complaining about the last update and some of them are stopping to play, like myself.

Plus, ROF runs much better with my GTX 1060 6GB.

These sales happens all the time, so I would wait to see if they will fix the damage model or just stroll along and bring some bullet dispersion or any of these distraction moves.

Right now, Flying Circus seems to be pretty over from my perspective. I was there since day one, playing basically everyday in Flying Circus, many times just to seed and help out, and held my own though all the bugs (almost quit with the invisible plane bug), but now, with planes shaking with a spit and losing their wings left and right, there’s nothing there for us unless your standard is pretty low and you just want to fly around and shot things / get shot down. Something you can do better in ROF.

So, right now I would only buy Flying Circus if it cost $20/25 US dollars. More than that is misleading due to the lack of anything. They just tossed some ROF planes in a map and totally forgot about the development.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#8 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 26 April 2020 - 19:57

Well here is a good question then...

If Flying Circus has been damaged in quality, and the fact that when IL-2 Normandy game comes out we have no clue what they will focus on....

Is it better to simply stick with RoF and check out Wings over Flanders Fields to get similar level graphics and  a shit load of planes to fly with missions,,,,,  and wait for FC to get fixed...

Or just get Flying Circus now on sale, and hope for major updates

#9 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 26 April 2020 - 20:53

This sums it up

https://captiongener...FC-damage-model

#10 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 26 April 2020 - 21:44

LOL... is this in some FC thread? 

#11 Leftenant_Gerald

Leftenant_Gerald

Posted 26 April 2020 - 22:40

One other question, if Flying Circus isn't good, is it worth it to get a WW2 Il2 one?

PP logo1 25.jpg

#12 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 27 April 2020 - 01:44

Fyi WoFF has very bad graphics and not so good FM, but apparently it's the best WW1 experience. It really makes you feel apart of the war I've heard.

Just like everyone else.

#13 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 27 April 2020 - 01:46

One other question, if Flying Circus isn't good, is it worth it to get a WW2 Il2 one?

WW2 is completely different to ww1, and can come as a bit of a shock!! But it's also heaps of fun. I suggest getting BoS, cause it gives u the main plane set of most MP servers. Im pretty sure it's fairly cheap at the moment. You can always buy it on steam, and refund if you don't like it. (You can refund if you've played under 2 hours or something like that).

S!

Just like everyone else.

#14 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 27 April 2020 - 03:26

graphics?   you mean were here for the graphics? crap I thought we was here for the Pong....

#15 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 27 April 2020 - 03:50

Nah haha so FC has good graphics and it supports VR. However you do need a slightly more high end PC to run it fine. I have a GTX 1060 6GB and run it on High (Not ultra) on a 1080p monitor. Its still a big improvement from RoF tho IMO.

But WoFF, that has much worse graphics from what I've seen. The flight model and damage model are also not as good as RoF or FC, but the single player experience is amazing apparently. It has no Multiplayer.

Just like everyone else.

#16 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 27 April 2020 - 05:23

Nah haha so FC has good graphics and it supports VR. However you do need a slightly more high end PC to run it fine. I have a GTX 1060 6GB and run it on High (Not ultra) on a 1080p monitor. Its still a big improvement from RoF tho IMO.

But WoFF, that has much worse graphics from what I've seen. The flight model and damage model are also not as good as RoF or FC, but the single player experience is amazing apparently. It has no Multiplayer.

the hamster in my pc's power generation wheel would get upset about the "better pc rig" if he wasn't so busy with his Atari.

right NOW we are on a major generational change in mother boards and processors form AMD. it "might" be a lower end gaming board and processor, but it has technology on it that will cost you  about 400$ for an intel socket board right now. Perhaps 600$ if you consider the actual processor youd need form intel to equal this new one from AMD.   I think youd need an Intel i9

#17 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 27 April 2020 - 09:42

WoFF is more an WW1 simulator, wanting to feel the real WW1 immersion than it is your game. In this contrast FC is showing a typical Russian sterile style, made with not any emotions. No decent intro music like in the movies or decent intro videoclips to increase immersion, in FC its al so Siberian empty.
Woff does have more planes, much bigger time range, uses more plane in a fur-ball fight, has the complete western front including mountains.
On the other hand about VR, flying and mp, its the FC series your choice.
Now about graphics, Woff is more like painted while the FC, I’m not saying good, its still not on a decent 2020 level, but if graphics is the key then go for FC. On the other hand I find the graphics from clouds, no-mans land and showing the damage in WoFF much better then those in FC. While FC still uses intact buildings on the frontline, in WoFF they are destroyed.

I did play lots of WW1 games from RB1 until FC1, I do not care about mp, but when WoFF is going to introduce a real VR mode I’m back to the WoFF series. For me WoFF is still the way to go and not that in every essential WW1 aspect very limited FC1.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#18 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 27 April 2020 - 09:49

right NOW we are on a major generational change in mother boards and processors form AMD. it "might" be a lower end gaming board and processor, but it has technology on it that will cost you  about 400$ for an intel socket board right now. Perhaps 600$ if you consider the actual processor youd need form intel to equal this new one from AMD.   I think youd need an Intel i9

If you intend to play simulators, Intel is still superior if you overclock it. Most Intel chips get to 5Ghz now with fairly good temps. For Il-2, an i5-9600K is more than enough. I have one and it seldom goes beyond 20% usage. But I would advise to get the i7-9700K to play DCS or the new MFS 2020.

#19 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 27 April 2020 - 10:23

OK ja funny......!!

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#20 Leftenant_Gerald

Leftenant_Gerald

Posted 27 April 2020 - 12:51

WW2 is completely different to ww1, and can come as a bit of a shock!! But it's also heaps of fun. I suggest getting BoS, cause it gives u the main plane set of most MP servers. Im pretty sure it's fairly cheap at the moment. You can always buy it on steam, and refund if you don't like it. (You can refund if you've played under 2 hours or something like that).

S!

Alright, thanks!

PP logo1 25.jpg

#21 Leftenant_Gerald

Leftenant_Gerald

Posted 27 April 2020 - 13:51

I'm probably going to get Battle of Stalingrad, and Battle of Kuban

PP logo1 25.jpg

#22 Guster

Guster
  • LocationNo man's land

Posted 27 April 2020 - 16:15

WoFF is more an WW1 simulator, wanting to feel the real WW1 immersion than it is your game. In this contrast FC is showing a typical Russian sterile style, made with not any emotions. No decent intro music like in the movies or decent intro videoclips to increase immersion, in FC its al so Siberian empty.

I have no idea what is typically Russian when it comes to software development, or typically Russian in general for that matter, and I'm by and large put off by this sort of negative stereotyping. In fact I rather think the RoF GUI is testament to the very opposite of your claim.

That said, while the BoX GUI works well for a WWII-oriented game, I agree it lacks anything even remotely suggesting WWI content, save for the loading screens. I can imagine the BoX WWI stuff, from a user perspective, comes across as an afterthought, which is probably fair to say it is.

The BoX engine clouds and the very limited content are the main reasons I'm not getting FC. It's true that BoX is slightly more demanding on the hardware, especially the larger maps, but there are workarounds. I just really, really, really don't like the clouds in BoX and won't purchase any more modules before there's some sort of remedy.

#23 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 27 April 2020 - 18:21

That said, while the BoX GUI works well for a WWII-oriented game, I agree it lacks anything even remotely suggesting WWI content, save for the loading screens.

I think even some of the FC loading screen pics are taken over the Stalingrad map.

#24 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 27 April 2020 - 19:36

Double post caused by internet hiccups.

#25 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 27 April 2020 - 19:37

I have no idea what is typically Russian when it comes to software development, or typically Russian in general for that matter, and I'm by and large put off by this sort of negative stereotyping. In fact I rather think the RoF GUI is testament to the very opposite of your claim.

That said, while the BoX GUI works well for a WWII-oriented game, I agree it lacks anything even remotely suggesting WWI content, save for the loading screens. I can imagine the BoX WWI stuff, from a user perspective, comes across as an afterthought, which is probably fair to say it is.

The BoX engine clouds and the very limited content are the main reasons I'm not getting FC. It's true that BoX is slightly more demanding on the hardware, especially the larger maps, but there are workarounds. I just really, really, really don't like the clouds in BoX and won't purchase any more modules before there's some sort of remedy.

Think you should try-out WoFF and you will know better and feel what I wanting to tell here and that is not being solved by showing WW1 loading screens. I do not flush FC away, think you get that complete wrong, they both have there very strong points. Arcade gamers, mp, VRusers, eye candy players or people who only wanting to fly at the best realistic physics should avoid WoFF.
As I did say earlier FC is a combatflysim, while Woff is an WW1 flysimulator. But indeed, next time I should more pointing out the positive side from FC1, as now its looks I’m terrible negative on FC1. Moderator no problem in deleting my reply here above.

Edit: for the clouds there are 3 ( I think even 4) mods available that will bring you improvements. Use JSGME to swap on what is the best mod at your taste. So enjoy your next BoX module. :-)

#26 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 27 April 2020 - 20:51

I just really, really, really don't like the clouds in BoX and won't purchase any more modules before there's some sort of remedy.

If the problem was just the clouds...

They started BOX with the wrong foot. I think they wanted a lighter engine, but for some reason it came with very poor spotting, the same 9.5km bubble that we have in ROF (inexplicably) and perhaps just some workarounds on the netcode, still single threaded and being overloaded, which might explain some of the bugs. All in all, it seemed to be a step down from ROF in critical things like rendering and visibility, and the netcode seems to be way behind things.

And then the years came by and we now have some weird patches that made the engine very questionable. The amount of complaints and bug reports just pile up, we still don't have near the spotting of ROF, which is very stable here, with very defined spots and dots and reflection, while in BOX the reflection solution was just introduced with the last visibility patch in late 2019 (that made things worse), and they have network problems like invisible planes, vanishing balloons, planes being removed from the map seconds after being killed (in mid air) and this and that. They can't make a B17, they might never make PTO...

Now they seem to be stuck with it. What was to be a new age of the 1946 crowd became a nightmare for both the [serious] community and the devs. Right now I see no solution for it. They might have solutions for all the problems we are having, but the way they put it, they are just in damage control mode (MFS 2020 is around the corner) and most of the fixes are not possible.

Would be better to just start creating a new engine (for real) on the side to be released in a couple years and offer some good deals for who already has the modules. If they get it right, because to keep the 9.5km bubble in BOX was a sign of lack of vision (no pun intended). So who knows what they would bring with a ‘new’ engine. I also think that some of the ROF guys no longer work for the studio, which might explain some of the differences.

#27 earlybird

earlybird

Posted 28 April 2020 - 04:26

With the latest release of Update 4.005 (which greatly improved the game, but was mainly a disaster for FC) and the development of Battle of Normandy, I feel that it's just best to put Flying Circus 2 on hold until... let's say after the final release of Normandy. That project will require tons and tons of resources, and personally, I think that it would be best if the devs mainly focused their attention on BON and a Tank Crew 2, featuring a Western Front 1944 Tank battle.

I'm quite curious what Ugra is up to now, 5 months after the final release of FC1.

#28 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 28 April 2020 - 04:40

they have the flight simulator for the ww2 games that seems to be decent I guess, based on reviews.

however all they would really need to do for that is import the ground vehicles, ships, and aircraft from flying circus or rise of flight into say Kuban and you have a fun little environment to play in. who wouldn't want a spad or se5a that moved like a hawker hurricane?

with their apparent emphasis on world war two, there is a small chance that we might get a game inside the med, and that would mean wed get to fly fairy swordfish against an Italian fleet...... hmm torpedo bombing form a biplane..

#29 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 28 April 2020 - 05:22

Flying Circus does not require much work. The original Flying Circus damage model was spot on. They could tweak it, but the work was already there. They just needed to follow the same numbers. This if the new damage model is really new, because it seems to be the same thing we see here in ROF. So far I have seen no reason to believe the new FC damage model is novelty. Perhaps they just did a copy and paste job with the numbers, but it feels the same.

In other words, they broke what did not require any fix. So to roll it back or to adjust to the original FC DM won't require much. They always have this talk that we are cheap so that we can't expect much. Flugpark, with all this crap going on, packs from 65 to 75 players every Sunday. Many times we are the runner up server on the list, and if J5 had 85 slots, I'm sure we could get 85 players on occasion. During sales, we were seeing new people arrive, so they are getting revenue from it, even without SP missions, and from ROF as well.

To just cut Flying Circus lose is a mistake. But they can't just toss the planes on the map, charge $80 and call it a day. They thought it was enough. They don't follow the forum, not even what we post on the devs diary. People were warning that the DM we had had been perfect, to don't change it, to don't bring the ROF damage model because we considered it primitive, flawed, old. I think even a tester posted in favor of the original FC DM on the dev's diary a month prior. They had absolutely no reason to do what they did.

That's what pisses people the most. I hope they fix it because I enjoy playing it, but I won't drop a tear if all goes to hell. At least we still have ROF to play, this if they don't decide to pull the plug on it for whatever reason.

#30 Guster

Guster
  • LocationNo man's land

Posted 28 April 2020 - 07:24

Think you should try-out WoFF and you will know better and feel what I wanting to tell here and that is not being solved by showing WW1 loading screens. I do not flush FC away, think you get that complete wrong, they both have there very strong points. Arcade gamers, mp, VRusers, eye candy players or people who only wanting to fly at the best realistic physics should avoid WoFF.
As I did say earlier FC is a combatflysim, while Woff is an WW1 flysimulator. But indeed, next time I should more pointing out the positive side from FC1, as now its looks I’m terrible negative on FC1. Moderator no problem in deleting my reply here above.

Edit: for the clouds there are 3 ( I think even 4) mods available that will bring you improvements. Use JSGME to swap on what is the best mod at your taste. So enjoy your next BoX module. :-)

Thanks! I think I've tried every tweek and mod out there, but BoX and I just don't get along at the moment. I might change my mind, never say never and all that. :-)

I've read good things about WoFF, especially the immersive experience of 'being there', but I'm quite satisfied with the career mode in RoF. Usually though, I just mess around in a bunch of MP 'sandboxes' I've made with respawning AI planes that roam the area doing their thing like the busy bees they are.

#31 earlybird

earlybird

Posted 28 April 2020 - 16:35

The original Flying Circus damage model was spot on. They could tweak it, but the work was already there.

I pretty much agree with what you said.

IMO, the Flying Circus DM by bullets seemed a bit too strong (almost like poking the wings with toothpicks), while the Vanilla RoF DM seemed too weak: wings flying off after a few hits or wings of 2 seaters covered in holes after a few hits. I feel that the RoF mod- Reduced lethality seems the most realistic.

I feel the FC crashes have more momentum at a shallow angle, unlike in RoF, but the crashes at a steep/vertical angle and high speed in FC seem Unrealistic, compared to RoF. 

#32 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 28 April 2020 - 19:24

im not exactly the most enthusiastic about how some AREAS of the mission maps work. Detest inspiration island, I swear that the bullets do half the damage in it.

#33 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 28 April 2020 - 20:02

I pretty much agree with what you said.

IMO, the Flying Circus DM by bullets seemed a bit too strong (almost like poking the wings with toothpicks), while the Vanilla RoF DM seemed too weak: wings flying off after a few hits or wings of 2 seaters covered in holes after a few hits. I feel that the RoF mod- Reduced lethality seems the most realistic.

I feel the FC crashes have more momentum at a shallow angle, unlike in RoF, but the crashes at a steep/vertical angle and high speed in FC seem Unrealistic, compared to RoF. 

I considered the original FC damage model nearly perfect. They could add some very seldom random structure failures, but other than that, you could fight with damage just like they did in the war. The plane would only start to shake after you were pretty banged up, and I have several records with planes shredding wings back then, so it is not that the planes were indestructible, they were just pretty right, and there are several posts on the FC damage model thread with war accounts validating our claims. They would come back from dogfights riddled with bullets. The mechanics would just patch the fabric and they were good to go again.

Apparently whoever is making FC does not read books or study what they are doing, nor visits the forum or plays the game. They seem to be doing guess work. Right now it is total dystopia. Before the update people were complaining that 99% of the wounds led to long blackouts. Then, after the update, people say thay you can get hit several times and just get bloody eyes. I mean... Come on.

We all knew that we were not being supported, just being dragged around together with the WWII modules, but hell, they do like to shoot themselves in the foot a lot. It is not good for business this is for sure.

#34 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:10

Not everything you're saying there is true SeaWolf. At first I also had doubts whether or not the devs had even one iota of care for the FC community since they failed to communicate very well when the DM first came out. However, they did then make it clear they were looking into it. AnPetrovich told us they couldn't simply revert the changes, and roll back to the old DM considering that this DM was the same for all BoX air crafts.

And I think your predictions may be right... change the gun dispersion as an easy fix. But we all know that won't be good enough, especially considering the price.

The main worry I have is that if some people return to RoF, and not everyone, then we're just gonna end up with two dead games.

That's why I'm trying my best to be patient with the devs and give them a chance. Cause I don't wanna lose both RoF and FC over this.

S!

Just like everyone else.

#35 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:58

from what I see on here, the development team sounds like a drunk Russian on the eastern front, playing Russian roulette with himself, with a single shot pistol that his political officer made sure was loaded for him.

#36 knalp

knalp
  • LocationNew Zealand. ( ex. Scotland )

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:14

I'm still not going near it.

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

Oh no... oh dear... oh gosh, blinking heck! My wing!

#37 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:44

Not everything you're saying there is true SeaWolf. At first I also had doubts whether or not the devs had even one iota of care for the FC community since they failed to communicate very well when the DM first came out. However, they did then make it clear they were looking into it. AnPetrovich told us they couldn't simply revert the changes, and roll back to the old DM considering that this DM was the same for all BoX air crafts.

And I think your predictions may be right... change the gun dispersion as an easy fix. But we all know that won't be good enough, especially considering the price.

The main worry I have is that if some people return to RoF, and not everyone, then we're just gonna end up with two dead games.

That's why I'm trying my best to be patient with the devs and give them a chance. Cause I don't wanna lose both RoF and FC over this.

S!

I don't think that's true either. They say that they are fixing it because 'everyone' complained and they are already slammed with serious complaints. They can't simply turn their backs on the entire community of a module. 

And why did we get to that point? Did they not saw the dozen of posts complimenting the original DM since day one over the last two years? I mean. And then they come with a DM that sounds like a ROF clone?

Plus the wrinkling and shaking, a thing that was also criticized over the years. Those where things that were commonly mentioned in Flying Circus when people were on the fence about buying Flying Circus. So in a way they not only shoot their foot with this update but shoot whoever was advertising FC for them. So let’s say that they shoot both their foot this time, shall we?

Since I'm back here, I can see how crazy the old DM and bullet dispersion is. The bullet dispersion sounds almost comical from my view. Yesterday on NFF I realized that those Hail Mary shots that got our engines are not a ghost shot, but most likely part of the 'pellet dispersion' effect of the model we have in ROF. That’s simply absurd in a simulation, and now I understand why Alex Revell wrote on an e-mail that this is bullshit, telling the stories of McCudden and his sights. We don't see the shot because we can't fathom that it came from a plane that is at an impossible angle (not talking about lag). We are just flying and shooting pellet shotguns here in ROF.

These are really basic things that we learned over the years at Flying Circus and we talked about it all the time. You need to know these things. Didn't Ugra Media read our posts? The studio that was making FC did not visit the forum of the product that they are making? If they left already (I have no idea where they are), there was no feedback sheet left for the Il-2 crew?

And they can easily bring back the [dreaded] bullet dispersion. I hope not, but I would not be surprised. So there is absolutely no reason for a person to buy FC unless it costs $20 or you have a VR set and wants to fly around. ROF is vastly superior in most things, especially regarding visibility, rendering, reflection, stability and plane set / number of objects. Plus we don't have soggy ground in ROF and map builders can place airfields wherever they want.

But let’s see if they do something with it. And if both games die, it might help to bring a committed studio down the line. I still have a few decades left in the tank. And whoever is past 70 now can play WOFF or ROF offline for the time being and still hope for a studio to make a WWI simulator in the next decade or so.

#38 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 30 April 2020 - 04:46

You're right, they shouldn't turn their backs on the community... however with the release of the new DM I can imagine they were quite busy at first. I hate the fact that they didn't respond to any of our complaints at first. Even a simple acknowledgement that they knew what our problems were, would've been good enough for me. I do think its unfair to say they rolled the DM back to the RoF model, cause thats just not true. Yes it seems like it, but they stated that wasn't the case and I think we should believe them.

And yes the RoF DM is so much worse then what the old FC one was like. I never realized how good it was until I came back. Here wings fall off whenever you sneeze. The funny is that it was one of the only things that gave FC an edge over RoF and now they've ruined it.

I wish someone were to take over and continue development on RoF. We needa find someone super rich so we can work this out :)

S!

Just like everyone else.

#39 pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Posted 30 April 2020 - 05:20

actually they can do a crowd funding git up, except they would have to actually be LIABLE if they went that way.

theyd have to take the money, and then deliver the product on a set schedule.

I believe the only game in the last 10 years to deliver world war one ground fighting was Battlefield 1. And that was a semi quasi fantasy style game I believe.  Now, with the fact that the RoF environment has a lot of good ground work already, an infantry expansion would be rather nice.

And they have a decent naval environment so far, that they could include a genuine naval edge to the game. perhaps submarines from both sides, simple minelayers and anti mine ships... commerce raiders..

#40 Guster

Guster
  • LocationNo man's land

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:30

actually they can do a crowd funding git up, except they would have to actually be LIABLE if they went that way.

theyd have to take the money, and then deliver the product on a set schedule.

I believe the only game in the last 10 years to deliver world war one ground fighting was Battlefield 1. And that was a semi quasi fantasy style game I believe.  Now, with the fact that the RoF environment has a lot of good ground work already, an infantry expansion would be rather nice.

And they have a decent naval environment so far, that they could include a genuine naval edge to the game. perhaps submarines from both sides, simple minelayers and anti mine ships... commerce raiders..

It would be cool if development could continue somehow, perhaps like the Team Fusion gig with Cliffs of Dover.

Speaking of ground fighting, a terrific mod for Company of Heroes came out 6-7 years ago, I think - it's called The Great War 1918 and it's probably the best mod I've ever played. Very, very nice work and completely bug free. I still have it on my HD.

I'm not sure the RoF engine would support infantry action very well though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users