• Please log in to reply
6694 replies to this topic

#161 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 17 February 2010 - 14:51

Approach from the west
a railway bridge on your left

I did the same Nova did, coming from the west I took the first best road and did the touch and go while the road you are describing actually runs north-south if I am not mistaken. You could actually zoom in on the map and draw it in next time ;)

There is a railway bridge to the east and west of that city btw, at least in the summer version.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qwPtmSnsq5Y">

Here is the video, still being processed by youtube though.
Never said I was a good map reader :lol: but that street looks just as difficult so either counts each snarlers choice, impressive video Imp, looks like I gotta make another medal, I'm gonna have to find something real hard for a challange, what about a touch and go train can it be done :?:

#162 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 17 February 2010 - 15:58

Touch & Go award Imp and Nova congrats to you both, your getting quiet a collection now :lol:
Attached File  T&G award.png   84.6KB   244 downloads

#163 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 17 February 2010 - 16:12

Touch & Go award Imp and Nova congrats to you both, your getting quiet a collection now :lol:

Cool, now I will wait for Imperator's resizing of the award. :)

#164 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 17 February 2010 - 16:34

It was mentioned about the EFC award invirted under a bridge that is only one way of winning the award it can be anything deamed as Exceptional Flying, i.e dipping a wing tip in water without crashing, touch and go on water without crashing, lets see those exceptional flying videos and if its nail biting, edge of seat stuff we will look at a EFC award, go for it snarlers :idea:

#165 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 17 February 2010 - 16:34

Oh hey, that was quick, I'd rather try the right position first though :mrgreen:

I guess the bottom one is better?

edit: deleted obsolete medal bar

#166 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 17 February 2010 - 16:42

Oh hey, that was quick, I'd rather try the right position first though :mrgreen:
I dont see the difference Imp, they seem just the same difficulty :o

#167 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 17 February 2010 - 16:44

Oh right, wasn't sure :D In that case I am honoured to accept the award :D :D :D

This is really great, if people ever start using real medals in their signature they will have a hard time competing with these :lol: Imo this is a tiny bit like the achievements on steam :) apart from the lovely ones we already have ingame of course

#168 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 17 February 2010 - 17:17

What mission are you using for this challenge?

#169 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 17 February 2010 - 17:19

Oh right, wasn't sure :D In that case I am honoured to accept the award :D :D :D

This is really great, if people ever start using real medals in their signature they will have a hard time competing with these :lol: Imo this is a tiny bit like the achievements on steam :) apart from the lovely ones we already have ingame of course
It dosn't look right in your sig bar Imp, try the updated one

#170 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 17 February 2010 - 17:26

What mission are you using for this challenge?
Its touch and go Jori at the town of Tourney have a look a couple of pages back :)

#171 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 17 February 2010 - 17:27

Excuse me, sure will :) thanks

Edit: can't find a download. Are you just using a fly now mission? Or am I a bit of a thicko :lol:

#172 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 17 February 2010 - 17:30

Excuse me, sure will :) thanks

Edit: can't find a download. Are you just using a fly now mission? Or am I a bit of a thicko :lol:

I used fly now / takeoff then flew to Tourney.

#173 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 17 February 2010 - 17:57

Sorry to mess you about with the medal I wasn't happy with it didn't look right in your sig bars, check back for the updated one (patch 1.3 sound familiar lol}

#174 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 17 February 2010 - 18:12

With your medals looking better and better the recent challenge seems almost menial to get the recent one :)

Is this to your liking now? For future medals maybe you could try to have a height of 300 pixel and something bettween 180 and 240 width for better resizing to match with the current ones? The lastest one turns into 91x100 for reference, the other two are 70x100 and 60x100 respectively.

#175 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 17 February 2010 - 18:15

With your medals looking better and better the recent challenged seems almost menial to get the recent one :)
Thanks I really enjoy making them for you all and they dont take that long, they look really good in your sig bars, just wish I was good enough to earn them :D :D :D

#176 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 17 February 2010 - 20:03

I will be attempting both of these this evening I need to get my Kaiser Puff,Stuff breast filled with medals :)

#177 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSrP-iZk060
In the end, I wasn't even that close to the river :x …but there you go. Tell me what you think :)

#178 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 18 February 2010 - 15:07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSrP-iZk060
In the end, I wasn't even that close to the river :x …but there you go. Tell me what you think :)
Jorri thats more than good enough congrats on your T&G award, (the music made me giggle) :lol:

#179 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 18 February 2010 - 15:28

Thanks! I can play that tune myself too, actually, but not that well :D

#180 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 18 February 2010 - 15:59

I was thinking of a challenge for snarlers in the theatre of Last Man Standing for the LMS award, but it would take someone who new what they were doing in mission making (that's not me), but I'm not sure if it would effect your leader-board standings?
The plan is a selected area on a server all meet there and one massive shoot up at the OK coral, last man standing wins the award, but it would mean shooting down friendly as well, hence not sure about your leader board ratings, anyone who wants to expand this idea jump in, I will try to make a medal of outstanding quality for this, what do you think good or awful idea :? :?:

#181 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 18 February 2010 - 16:03

Just use a mods on server and the leaderboads will not be affected :)

#182 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 18 February 2010 - 16:20

I was thinking of a challenge for snarlers in the theatre of Last Man Standing for the LMS award, but it would take someone who new what they were doing in mission making (that's not me), but I'm not sure if it would effect your leader-board standings?
The plan is a selected area on a server all meet there and one massive shoot up at the OK coral, last man standing wins the award, but it would mean shooting down friendly as well, hence not sure about your leader board ratings, anyone who wants to expand this idea jump in, I will try to make a medal of outstanding quality for this, what do you think good or awful idea :? :?:

Sounds great :) Somebody needs to make a mission and then we need to agree on a time and on the planes involved. I suppose every player should spawn on it's own in a starlike pattern so we don't shoot each other during take off? We should also set a fuel or time limit so people don't just fly off.

For the plane, I'd like to suggest the Albatros D.Va. Everyone has it, it's easy to fly and it can't carry as much fuel as some entente planes. The Dr.I would be the obvious choice but this way camel/entente pilots can also participate.

#183 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 18 February 2010 - 16:30

I was thinking no shooting till say reached the area a preselected umpire (one of the players) says go then its a free for all, to alleviate the luck factor have it over 4 rounds on the same night, in the event of a draw out of the 4 rounds, the 2 equal shoot, it out while the rest spectate, if you get a runner they must return to the area within 2 Min's or before time out or they forfeit :twisted:

#184 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 18 February 2010 - 17:04

For the plane, I'd like to suggest the Albatros D.Va. Everyone has it, it's easy to fly and it can't carry as much fuel as some entente planes. The Dr.I would be the obvious choice but this way camel/entente pilots can also participate.

Excellent idea all in a DVa makes it fair, gives the less experienced pilots (me) a chance against the camel & DR1 experts, who's the volunteer to set the mission up, I will get onto the medal right away.

#185 oscarfox

oscarfox

Posted 18 February 2010 - 18:57

Do you guys think it would be a little too easy for someone to stay outside the furball until there is just one other person left (who is low on ammo and has a few holes in the canvas)? Then it's just a one on one.

#186 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 18 February 2010 - 19:07

Yea, good catch. We need a defined zone that cannot be vacated, something like 500 or 1000m radius, Sensenmann did this in his duel mission I believe.

#187 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 18 February 2010 - 19:08

And perhaps unlimited fuel and ammo? :P

#188 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 18 February 2010 - 20:33

Done the Award for the winner Last Man Standing Award
Attached File  Last Man Standing Award.png   469.24KB   231 downloads

#189 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 18 February 2010 - 21:08

Brilliant!

Now we "just" need somebody to make a mission :lol: I have 0 knowledge of the ME and if I now started looking into it you will have to wait about three years for the mission ;)

#190 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 18 February 2010 - 21:11

Brilliant!

Now we "just" need somebody to make a mission :lol: I have 0 knowledge of the ME and if I now started looking into it you will have to wait about three years for the mission ;)

If you need somebody to create a mission, and if it's not a too hard one, i can help you making it, if you want ;)
Cheers

#191 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 18 February 2010 - 21:26

Brilliant!

If you need somebody to create a mission, and if it's not a too hard one, i can help you making it, if you want ;)
Cheers
Thanks fifi that would be great, if you need anymore input, Imp & Jorri know what there talking about, I'm sure they would give you all the info you need, andits open to everyone to have a go, sounds like its gonna be good fun :) :)

#192 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 18 February 2010 - 22:25

You guys have just to PM me exactly what you want. i'll try to do my best ;)
I guess it will be a MP mission to create…no prob.
Give me all details needed.
Cheers

#193 oscarfox

oscarfox

Posted 19 February 2010 - 17:18

Should also think about setting minimum number participants for the mission to grant an award. If three guys show up, it's not the same as if there are a dozen, IMO.

Will this be held once, or monthly, or on-demand?

I'm good at asking questions. I leave the answering to others.

#194 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 19 February 2010 - 17:20

I guess it could be a monthly thing and people can get bars for winning it several times?

#195 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 19 February 2010 - 18:16

Monthly sounds good and if we set an amount of times won, it would be no problem to make an award to be held for the year, suggestions welcome for the name of that award, probably with a very arty certificate to hang in your sim room.

#196 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 19 February 2010 - 20:21

I would draw a big coughed up furr ball :D get it furr ball…well I tried. :)

#197 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 19 February 2010 - 23:26

Certificate for print out winner will be sent via email, the large edition
Attached File  lms-certificate.jpg   168.43KB   293 downloads

#198 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 21 February 2010 - 18:07

check out tournements section for a meet tonight 21st feb ;)

#199 Gunter_Glieben

Gunter_Glieben

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:31

looks like I gotta make another medal, I'm gonna have to find something real hard for a challange, what about a touch and go train can it be done :?:

Yes. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0JWn5mcagQ

Gunter

Attached Files

#200 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:18

Nice touch and go. I look forward to doing this when I am all settled in my new apartment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users