- - - - -

Black widow hat switch issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM12093

AlexM12093

Posted 05 February 2020 - 17:08

Hello there, 

Im having an issue with my black widow joystick and I don’t know what’s causing it. My hat switch no longer seems to respond to being pushed directly upwards (pushing it upwards would allow to look upwards) but all the other points seem to work just fine eg. Left, right etc. 

Any help would be most appreciated 

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 05 February 2020 - 22:40

Black Widow is a poor joystick. I had one. When I changed to Mad Catz Cyborg FLY was so much better (and it's still one I would not exactly recommend, but oh so much better). If I remember correctly the worst was lack of or poor diagonals. But it also started spiking.

If you can, move away to something better that suits your budget.

#3 Cardboard_killer

Cardboard_killer

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:37

I just upgraded to a Gladiator Mk II, and I cannot get the hat to work at all. I remapped it but in game only the mouse and numpad work.

#4 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 17 February 2020 - 18:21

Double check you have hit the Apply button and the mappings are still there after you close the window.

#5 Cardboard_killer

Cardboard_killer

Posted 17 February 2020 - 18:38

I got it now; the joystick number changed when I swapped the old stick for the new one and quadrant. What's weired is that I remapped, but maybe I didn't hit apply (I would swear on a stack of bibles I did though).

Anyway, thanks!

Attached Files

#6 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 17 February 2020 - 22:12

Nice :)

#7 ARFF1Tampa

ARFF1Tampa

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:59

Cardboard, how do you switch the # of the control column to #1. I have my stick as circles 2 and the mouse as #1 and obv the HAT doesn't control looking around. Never mind, I figured it out. Just re-mapped in column 1 box. Been a while since I tried this sim. hx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users