Photo
- - - - -

Multiplayer news, reports, intel, gossip, arguments etc.

• Please log in to reply
496 replies to this topic

#481 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 16 June 2021 - 22:39

I have to confess, I struggle to reconcile the square peg of your high moral stance, with the round hole of your track record of behaviour on other peoples' servers ?

And what exactly am I supposed to have done on other people's servers?

In my culture, when one admits to making a correctable mistake, one corrects it.

#482 Hurtzem

Hurtzem

Posted 17 June 2021 - 00:02

I've heard a little rascals track before. Also a call for an ambulance. Phone ringing, different stuff

#483 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 17 June 2021 - 03:23

Very recently in another place, there was an accusation levelled that a single individual's actions had been somehow responsible for practically putting an end to RoF multiplayer.  Don't bother searching, it has quite rightly been removed.

My view of the current situation is that those wanting the 'full-real, fly across the front' type of experience have mostly migrated to FC, while the RoF servers are being used mainly for fast-action play at various levels.  Any dwindling of multiplayer population, I would attribute solely to the relative popularity of WW2 planes.

In my culture, when one admits to making a correctable mistake, one corrects it.

#484 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 17 June 2021 - 08:16

Any dwindling of multiplayer population, I would attribute solely to the relative popularity of WW2 planes.

Weirdos

#485 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 17 June 2021 - 09:33

And what exactly am I supposed to have done on other people's servers?

Strange, if not dangerous one to bump...

Perhaps you could describe what you used to do on a certain server, on a certain map, at a certain time of day near then end of the map.. ?

Over and over again for a number of years.

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#486 ST_Agent86

ST_Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 17 June 2021 - 12:46

It gets too dark in here

#487 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 17 June 2021 - 13:26

Perhaps you could describe what you used to do on a certain server, on a certain map, at a certain time of day near then end of the map.. ?

Over and over again for a number of years.

That must be a reference to the corrective guidance I was obliged to issue, in the furtherance of multiplayer quality.  I don't quite see the connection.

#488 Kaiser_chaos7492

Kaiser_chaos7492

Posted 07 July 2021 - 16:18

hey guys im pretty new to this game and im looking for a active discord so I can get quick tips and online play my discord is Kaiser_chaos7492#4467

#489 InaBurn

InaBurn

Posted 01 August 2021 - 10:16

hey guys im pretty new to this game and im looking for a active discord so I can get quick tips and online play my discord is Kaiser_chaos7492#4467

Hey, do you want to play multiplayer? If so, I'll dm you on discord

#490 George_Smiley

George_Smiley
  • LocationNorilsk

Posted 06 September 2021 - 11:30

Excellent times on the NFF server !

Red_Baron er something...

Mamo

ZF.

etc

Gunning for ZF ( Various planes ) fighting our way through RB and Mamo to bomb the living daylights out of the Germs. 

Blooming hard to shoot the MG's... quite a ... skill to master. Not the best kit for it. Could do with a wide pov.  

BUT fun was had so that the big idea. he he. Mamo got shot out of the sky a few times. Became quite shy of

tailing us. but then he got the Becker out on the albatross. The swine.

Very good fun. ZF was super accurate with his bombing. Truly heroic. VC in the mail.

S!

G.

PS Really good view on the Sic, but not very good angle of fire on the Lewis. on the front. Never mind. Fun!

#491 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 06 September 2021 - 11:55

Indeed !

Good clean fun for all the family, well apart from the swearing and killing.

The usual multi-seat experience in small map icon servers -

Crushing disappointment punctuated by the occasional epic flight.

One in the HP springs to mind - so wanted to get back from that one.

Would have if I hadn't flown back to the Gerry base.

At Verdun - what was I thinking !!

Good shooting btw.

S!

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#492 George_Smiley

George_Smiley
  • LocationNorilsk

Posted 06 September 2021 - 22:11

Would have if I hadn't flown back to the Gerry base.

Ah yes. You fluffed it a bit there. I was wondering why we were going back. and so low. Are we landing ?  

I just though you knew what you were doing and kept my mouth shut.  ;-)

I wonder some times how many hours Mamo has put into this game... then I consider how large that number may be and whistle.  

Still trying to get him to fly the Halberstadt DII ... It would be excellent if he gave it a shot right. Instead of D7f or the Alie with the Becker.

He was flying the Camel for a bit a while back.... I even saw him in a Se5a. I am pretty sure he would not like that. being flimsy and all.

Right second cup of coffee and then over the top.

S!

George.

#493 George_Smiley

George_Smiley
  • LocationNorilsk

Posted 11 September 2021 - 22:01

Two on NFF right now.

9:58 pm
Saturday, 11 September 2021

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

Just lost a fight with Immelmann0304 .... the Dr1 has more sustained turn the N11.

but I am working on grinding the dr1 down... bloody wobble thing to shoot when it's slow.

S!

George.

#494 George_Smiley

George_Smiley
  • LocationNorilsk

Posted 11 September 2021 - 23:14

Phew, some hard flying on NFF.  \

N11 vs Dr1. I had 20 fuel in my N11. ) Immellman0304 in the dreaded Dr1. S!

Two things stand out:

1) Keeping on stall climbing to force the Dr1 to fly round you. Seems that the N11 can sort of hang in the air to a degree, you can then decided to dive out at some stage.

2) In the swoop up dive down vertical fight, deciding how to turn out at the middle of the dive can force the Dr1 in to an uncomfortable turn when they zoom up.  

This is all about working out what they will have to do to try to catch you. If you can get them to stall trying to turn left at the top of a zoom up ... you can maybe catch them floating.

The worst thing about the N11 is it become very floppy and un responsive when you pull up too much at low speed ( pulling out of a dive...) . Seems a bit too much but what evers.  

Making sure you have adequate altitude in a vertical fight is super important.  The N11 seems to fly into the ground more so than other planes. the Halb DII can be a bit

like this as well.

I am not so sure that the N11 would be so floppy with the wing being so high and the cog quite low. ( lets ignore the 1/2 wing ) . ... but it's very good practice for stick and rudder work as you

have to be quite sharp to save the plane from crashing when you are low and slow and trying to pull out of a dive. ( this sounds weird but trust me it's a thing ) .

Fun!

S!

G.

#495 George_Smiley

George_Smiley
  • LocationNorilsk

Posted 13 September 2021 - 01:02

TEN on NFF right now. 

1:01 am
Monday, 13 September 2021

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

I would copy and paste who was on but it's just not so easy..... and a screen cap is a pain as

you can't see all the people on unless you scroll down the list.... ffs.

S!

George.

#496 George_Smiley

George_Smiley
  • LocationNorilsk

Posted 13 September 2021 - 22:23

Hello!

There is some good news on the MP front. Old players are dusting off their Joysticks and joining the fray. It's true!

Just other day I was pleasantly sharing the air with a fellow who found his 15 year old 3D pro and has come back to the game!   

Um, his name was... thingy. Escapes me now. But did we have a whale of a time! YES WE DID!

So heck, there is still life left in the old game. Imagine if they over hauled it. ??? Never happen. BUT...

The things you could do. My first things I think would be to sort out the landscape and what it does at distance. 

With new PCS's having better specs etc the way things worked back in 2013 are old hat now, view distances can

be worked to better represent this. The trees fading out in the distance so you can see through them, fix that!

Some objects are plain as day where as others have faded out completely. Golly. The smudged forest colour does not match the

sharp forest colour so you have two separate things when they should really look like one with the details of the trees, fading out

at distance... instead the forests look like pools of green slime. In my opinion. and better in game maps, with details of the villages

and towns etc. Like a real map would look. So you can actually tell where you are by looking carefully at all the roads, villages etc.  

The very very simplistic in game map is a bit low fidelity. But never mind. Better model textures? and why not? Deep wood grain!  

Player controlled AA points , and a better gunnery mechanic. The one we have needs seperat controls for the turret ring,the turret elevation

and the pintle mount. YES THEY HAVE THEM !!!! but we do not use them in game. Also the player does not move around when you

traverse the turret, you are glues to the same spot. But from the outside view your model does move around accordingly.... weird.

Also the use of head tracking and turrets needs to be sorted out. No idea why it is such a pain the arse, but it's easier to not use tracking .

Never mind! Oh look a dense brick of text! What ever next? I bet that dork Sea_Serpent turns up at some stage to take me down a peg or three

and his sidekick. Inseparable. I think back in the day you had to set them in different places in the class or they would bolster each other to higher

acts of hazing behaviour. Would you believe it? Yes you would. and that is the norm here. But I digress. Is it me of did Ken turn the flack up on the

NFF server? Some missions seem to have a lot more. Makes things dicey. The extra edge. I quite like the bombers attacking the AF's mission.

But I have seen some bombers being weird. Hey they are weird, right. I remember the Gothas on War Grounds trying to fall graciously out of the sky

for some reason. What on earth were they thinking? AND someone said they saw MAMO flying a Halberstadt DII... what the heck? I have been

haranguing him to do so for ages. Get one! They are fun! and you can even catch a camel in one if you are careful. Which shows the Camel up

to be not as amazing as it could be. Shhhh... do not talk about the war. The Stall in the Halb is awesome, you really have to be careful,

it remind me of the stall in the N11, if you get it just right it will fly into the deck regardless of what you do. Flapping it's wings and pouting.

But isn't the N11 glorious? And why do all of it's siblings get worse ? culminating in the N28 which is a dog. How did that happen? I digress...

Well that's enough from me. It's raining again over here! The mud is too thick to get he planes out, we tried scrapping it off but, well what we dug

up needs to remain buried.... some kind of matting made out fibre might be a thing. A giant rug for use of. Better push off now.

S!

George.

#497 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 13 September 2021 - 23:38

Unfortunately I'm slammed this week. Perhaps on the weekend. I've been around for the past few weeks and it has been fun, both on NFF and J99. but the last few months have been busy. Had almost no day off. Let's see how it goes during winter.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users