Photo
- - - - -

Multiplayer news, reports, intel, gossip, arguments etc.

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 knalp

knalp
  • LocationWell it's kind of green and bushy...

Posted 26 January 2020 - 23:25

Chaps.

If we bring news back from the fight over in the multiplayer universe then people might  

get a bit enthusiastic about the game in general and get more involved.

Threads take on a life of their own, such is life on the forum.  

If this thread happens to go wonky can we see if we can steer it  

back into formation without getting it locked. Pretty please!

Q: What should we post here?

A: Stuff what you have experienced in multiplayer that might be funny, inflamatory etc.

Essentially anything that brings life from MP to this forum.

Try not break the forum rules though!!!

Well heck I guess I have to start the ball rolling!

Old news!

Yes I am banned from War Grounds for being a dick. I earned the ban. I did not feel bad.

My best attack in the N28 was the lone train raider who had failed to spot me zooming down on them

from waaaay up high. We were the only ones on and out of the whole front they chose the one place I was  

keeping an eye on. So I waited patiently watching them trundle over the mud towards our train.

Zooming down I calculated to meet them at the train and give then a good HELOOO with my BG's.

Unfortunatley I zoomed a bit too fast and over shot them a tad. However I did open up early so

I scored some hits. They never saw me coming! YEY! The jinked a bit and missed the train and

high tailed it home. As a precaution I shadowed them over the mud and bid them a farewell before  

RTB back to base for hot crumpets and a mug of tea. The crashed in NML soon after... oh well.

We both laughed. It was a hoot and took aaaaages to happen. ( WG ikons off etc )

New news:

J9 Austin is back!

Sorry I crashed into you ... and I did smirk at your "i'm new " response to my "sorry!" he he he.

Mammochka disconnected while under fire!

they did! I swear! One moment I was stitching up his D7f on NFF at close quarters in my Camel and then...

BLINK !!!! Gone! The swine! I did get the kill though. Ha!

I would like to consider that possibly it was a transportation error on the internet but.... hmmm that looked

a lot like some kind of "thing"....

I must admit once Mamo gets on my tail in his plane he is very very hard to shake off. ( 5% fuel I think ??? )

Such a RoF hero though. A great asset to the MP experience! ( if a tiny bit... annoying at times! )

Ace Rimmer turned up! Wooh!

But then left after I crashed into him twice. I guess this is the price we pay for furballing with the pin pulled out.

Getting too huffy about it is IMHO counter productive. but it was good to see them on! Yey!

the fly in.

I would like to name names but that would mean loading the track record and writing stuff down.

It was awesome! and very HUGE THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO TURNED UP.

When we had formed up we saluted Wrongway. A tiny gesture of respect in the RoF way. S!

Impressed that ZF would consider taking the S-16 in a cross country jaunt. He finally made it after about 30minutes...

then crashed. I think. I am thinking he started the crashing in the roadway thing. I clipped his wheels and cartwheeled into an haberdashery ...  

Fighting Falcon and Micheal ( ? ) actually flew in formation the whole entire time! ( I think.... maybe they did? ) HEROIC !

Bridges were crashed into and non eventors shot at us. Chaos descended then we got back to the war.

Epic!

Gossip:

I may be annoyed at a certain person for a certain thing. I probably deserved it to a point but I am still a bit cross. ( ! )

Is the spam really as bad as people make out? Is closing the forum on the cards? Will cyber security be increased?

( Do not click on strange looking links!!!! )

Flying Circus: do we really care?

OK that's about it for me, hopefully some one can chime in with some observations from MULTIPLAYER and/or   

some interesting RoF stuff. ( More MP tales would be ACE !!!! )

S!

Knalp.

Spam patrol: on duty and on guard. None shall pass!

I was there: The Great Spam War  of 2019/2020

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#2 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon
  • LocationIn The Middle of No Where

Posted 27 January 2020 - 00:34

Fighting Falcon and Micheal ( ? ) actually flew in formation the whole entire time! ( I think.... maybe they did? ) HEROIC !

Bridges were crashed into and non eventors shot at us. Chaos descended then we got back to the war.

Epic!

Yes, that was Micheal and I.

S! :icon_e_salute:

Veteran of the Great Spam War 2019-2020

#3 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 27 January 2020 - 00:35

"The name's Falcon, Spam_Fighting_Falcon"

#4 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 28 January 2020 - 21:34

Just wondering, but what servers do you guys like to fly on?

#5 knalp

knalp

Posted 28 January 2020 - 22:01

News!

Zooropa_fly  :

https://riseofflight...97-zooropa_fly/

has a server up!

~ Z WINGS ~

Yey! I jumped on and was surprised at the air starts. hmmm what the heck...

But then getting teleported to the stratosphere in a Camel was quite fun.

So yes. well well.

The Mission brief was nice and informal.

The customary  RoF "no profanity" warning was conspicuously missinng.

Does mean "sledging" is ok? Only the server god knows!

( In the rough and tumble of the play ground you sometimes have to grow w thick skin or miss out on the "fun"...)

but really a bit of sledging in the FUR BALL is expected. Well the tongue in cheek variety...

"Get your wing out of my eye socket you moron etc...."

Any ways the mission I was on was interesting and if I was a newbie I might get a kick out of the

swarming AI.

The aspect of having several things happening at once is good. ( three actually )

yey!

Thank you ZF for increasing the server options ! ( build it and they will come ???)

The RoF server battle heats up. Just wait till I get mine up! out... oh dear....

S!

Knalp..... very wee again...

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#6 knalp

knalp

Posted 31 January 2020 - 02:54

Report on action:

As I drink from this ice cold can of beer I will try to report some news from the front while dying in this heat.... :

Ahem.

NFF server Inspiration island.

Took off in the Halb DII ( 50 fuel ) and headed over to the Entente AF. ( I balanced the teams old chap )

Flew over a Camel and decided to lurk it. Turned out to be PARTIZAN. Not an AI.

Spiraled in and took a few T intersection shots at him. Connected. Kept on wearing him down.

We lost height and headed into a ridge. Smoke. Fuel leak. (  ? ) He went down in the trees.

I was not certain that I would win but as fate would have it.... the camel is a bit of a dud when it's run out of E....

Salute Partizan!

Attacked by a SPAD ( sory forgotten the piolts name! oops ) They were below me and not looking too sharp.

The out come was inevitable.

What happened next.... Not sure.

Partizan was taking off and tailed him till he was at a good height then we had at it.

GREAT FIGHT! We went down to the weeds. Was looking even ish UNTIL.... we were interloped by a spad

which blew my wings off. ( I was damaged and nursing the Halb....but it was all over. )

A draw? S! Partizan.

Met the same SPAD and shot it down. Bad spad driving. A newbie? I gave advice! Never try to drive a SPAD like an SE5a. They are not.

( I have had a bit of fun in the SE5a by dialing in the H Stab.... it's quite a hoot but MIND THE WINGS ...)

Mr Rimmer and Kilgore were on! I almost wet my kilt. But they left. Sad face.jpg

Chatting and banter ensued. Nice time. Ace.

Attached File  2020_1_28__7_6_7.jpg   317.32KB   0 downloads

From previous mission. Got smashed by Mammochka and managed to land EVEN after hitting the invisible tree.

Attached File  2020_1_31__18_35_32.jpg   315.42KB   0 downloads

I thought the clenching joke was a tad mirthful... maybe not.

S!

Knalp.

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#7 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:01

Looks like you guys had good fun!! What time was this? I really need to install RoF again.

S;

Never argue with an idiot

They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#8 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 01 February 2020 - 22:23

Had a bunch of people on one of the NFF servers today, though the British were really out numbered

Attached Files

#9 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 01 February 2020 - 23:33

My brother and I spent most of the time in destroying the British bases in Gothas, our biggest problem was that the new people kept crashing into us

#10 knalp

knalp

Posted 02 February 2020 - 00:08

Go!!!!!!!

AIRTROCITIES:

Dagnabit Arty is good in the N17.

I went up against his royal highness in the Halberstadt DII. and by golly did I get a pasting!

Most of the time I was stuck under his plane in a fruitless position that was not completely  

invulnerable to attack. Essentially we were flat essing ( scissors ) with Arty's good vertical and lateral separation.

At the right point he could stall/snap into an attack and have a go at me. We did this loads.

In the Halberstadts defense it had a couple of trick up it's sleeve.

If I was the right short distance away I could snap roll into him and shoot off a few rounds.

Essentially doing what he was doing to me but in a tighter schedule.

And every now and then I had him on the ropes down low. The rick is to try to keep the

pressure on so that he cannot get a zoom up.

Then we are back to the long game again.

In dueling with Arty what I noticed in this match up was we were taking advantage as much as humanly  

possible of any mistakes each other made, with the N17 having a clear edge in the climbing up to the perch

with which to launch an attack from. Once the N17 was in front and above it was pretty much impossible to  

knock it down. Though you can nose down to pick up speed then zoom up and hail Mary a few shots.

Did not seem to work that well. At that distance the leathality of the rounds was pretty low.

S! Arty.

NFF.

DH2 vs EIII .... who did I fly against? I forgetted! Sorry. S!

Wow this was exactly like the fight with Arty. I ended up lower and behind in the DH2.

The exact same formula prevailed. Wait until they slip up.

The EIII seems a tad too good for a very early plane and the DH2 seems  

quite gutless in comparison. When you are stuck under the blasted EIII ... USE YOUR PISTOL !!!!

The EIII like the N17 will use it's better climb and zoom down attacks. Foil this by wiggling alot.

At times the EIII and the N17 will get too low. This is the best chance to get passing shots.

The returns are marginal but will add up over time.

The Dh2 has a good turn but it scrubs loads of speed. I practice turning left and right to see

what the result will be. At times you can use the left or right turn to your advantage.  

It is wise to test this out. A slow but tight turn keeps you pointing at the other plane but  

far away from it. A fast but wide turn keeps you close to the enemy but you can't get enough nose up

to shoot ahead of them.... choose which one will get you one step towards getting and advantage.

Some times two or three good moves need to happen to get them. What are they  ??

S! Pilot who flew the EIII.

S!

Knalp.

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#11 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 02 February 2020 - 00:10

My brother and I spent most of the time in destroying the British bases in Gothas, our biggest problem was that the new people kept crashing into us

Have J13 been recruiting again ?

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#12 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 02 February 2020 - 00:31

Have J13 been recruiting again ?

:icon_lol: 

#13 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:34

I always have the same problem ... Silly time zones :(

I can only ever play afternoons and nights, so I don't think it'll ever work out for me.

Anyways, sounds like you all are having an awesome time. I might pop in sometime if I ever get the chance.

S!

P.S. Knalp, how big do you make the base for your rudder pedals so they're stable enough and don't go flying around on the floor? Do u anyhow fix them onto your floor? (I'm not quite prepared to drill a hole lol)

Never argue with an idiot

They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#14 knalp

knalp

Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:59

P.S. Knalp, how big do you make the base for your rudder pedals so they're stable enough and don't go flying around on the floor? Do u anyhow fix them onto your floor? (I'm not quite prepared to drill a hole lol)

Rudder bar.

The bar pivot sits on a plank of wood. Maybe 200 by 500 wide?

In the corners I drilled wood screws with the point sticking through.

The floor is soft so the screw points stick in a tiny bit and hold it firm.

Would be good on carpet etc. You can adjust to suit.

It's steady as a rock. : - )

S!

Knalp.

PS a few on right now!

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#15 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 08 February 2020 - 00:15

Had 15 people on one of the NFF servers, had alot of fun flying Felixstowes & Spads though I had some connection issues. 

#16 knalp

knalp

Posted 08 February 2020 - 05:27

Had 15 people on one of the NFF servers, had alot of fun flying Felixstowes & Spads though I had some connection issues. 

Any memorable moment? Dashing deaths? Terrible triumphs? Silly slips? Drastic dodges? Catastrophic crashes? Wild wombles?

: - )

S!

Knalp.

PS. You can take sceen shots in game by mapping a key to your joystick! ( it can make the screen freeze for a tiny second...)

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#17 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:57

While in my Felixstowe, I was dogfighting for a bit, multipul D.VIIFs, Dr.1s and D.VIIIs. It ended with me running away after my gunners shot down two of them. One of my engines was overheating, I was leaking fuel, all of my gunners were wounded, my wings were about to fall off, and it was great.

#18 knalp

knalp

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:38

Blinking heck. Back in the thick of it again.

New pilots coming out of the wood work, it's great to see newbies getting stuck in. : - )

Had some great action with a whole bunch of pilots today, good work!

Orange um something and Haff and my fine self had a some fast duels with O and me in the Entente two seaters and

Haff in the Dlf.

Well. The DH2 was not that great, switched to the Bristol and well we gave Haff a good bashing. FUN !!!

He is a pic of my good "wheels down" landing. ( it's a stage hand truck loading joke... ) but er, we are on fire and  

Ornage was dead.... but then Haff was a bit dead too. so I hospitalized with things... yeuch.

Attached File  Wheels down landing.jpg   1.23MB   0 downloads

So here is a thing. If you set the Trim to nose down the plane goes faster, if you set the trim to nose up it turns better.

A ha! If you are judicious with it's use you can really go to town. But NEVER stick back too hard when you have damaged wings...

Dratted cardboard wings....

Excellent fun!

S!

Knalp.

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#19 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 10 February 2020 - 14:00

I flew the Spad XIII, Hanriot, (non-seaplane version) Sopwith Pup, F2B F.III, Handley Page, N.28, Spad VII 180hp, and the Felixstowe. I actually shot someone down with my rockets in the Spad V.II 180hp. They didn't like it, and then left shortly after.

EDIT: added some screenshots:

Attached Files

#20 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 10 February 2020 - 17:53

Was it one of the Red Dwarf crew ?

#21 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 10 February 2020 - 17:58

Also for a while, Knalp, Von D, and I raced each other on autoilot and then had one on one duels to practice. And sometimes Rimmer (I think) and friends would come over and try to shoot us down.

#22 knalp

knalp

Posted 10 February 2020 - 21:16

I flew the Spad XIII, Hanriot, (non-seaplane version) Sopwith Pup, F2B F.III, Handley Page, N.28, Spad VII 180hp, and the Felixstowe. I actually shot someone down with my rockets in the Spad V.II 180hp. They didn't like it, and then left shortly after.

Heck thats right I forgetted. The lunatic with the rockets! Almost burnt my eyebrows off on the rocket exhaust! WHOOSH !!!

Probably the most under used weapon in the whole arsenal....

FF and VD dukeing it out over the forest! Just floating along watching is actually good fun!

Really must get a notebook and get names and actions. and and. What fun!

It is so great to see new players and sometimes the old ones come back for a gawk.

Rimmer lurking around in a Dr1 looking for people to kill off. Such a hero! He got me a few times and I got him back

and then he disappeared in a flash. No salute and must have packed his bags before hand. Well heck! Sore loser?

Did I do something wrong? I was not even getting smart at him.....  Places to be I suppose. It was good to see him getting

stuck in though and then crashing in the forest..... in flames....bit's falling off.... quite.

The case for shooting your enemy down.

All animals that learn to hunt as pups or cubs etc "play fight". It looks like a big load of fun but really it's serious.

The skills are learned and honed and sorted out before they go into the wild and life gets real fast.

So to in flying.

Many times I have met a newbie in the air and just swooped around them, latched on to their six and tailed them.

At times they have tried very hard to get clear and in doing so do things they would have tried or thought of.

and I have seen people try things that actually worked, even though they had no idea what they were doing,

This is great. It's awesome.

Oh crap some one is at the door...

To be continued.

S!

Knalp

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#23 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 10 February 2020 - 21:51

A while ago I was flying a Sopwith Stutter when a flak burst knocked my wings of while I was close to the ground, and knowing I was going to die, I dropped all my bombs right before I hit the ground. A few seconds later I expected to be looking at what was left of my plane. But when the smoke cleared, there sat my plane on its undercarriage without wings. And with my gunner and I without a single scratch.

Attached Files

#24 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:36

Hey Knalp, saw that you were on a server, but was unable to join you, how did it go?

#25 knalp

knalp

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:41

Salute FF.

Yesterday was terrible. For reasons I should keep to myself. ( it's hard to do as I am prone to over sharing...)

Today I jumped on NFF and got in a scrape with Kilgore who only flew the Dr1. Needless to say he flew

very well but was totally boring. Every fight started with a head on joust and he kept breaking my engine or

smashing into me and I came off way worst. He flew off a few times after I was totally wreaked. Not a scratch on him.

I started out in a Dh2 an that was fun but really it's out classed by the DR1.

Then moved over to the Camel and frankly you have to catch a Dr1 with it's trousers down to beat it.

There are some who say that you can beat a Dr1 in a fair fight with a Camel but I am still doubting it.

Two equally good pilots and the Dr1 will win. In my humble opinion. :  -  )

I decided to then test this theory and pit my DR1 against kilgores Dr1 but he stopped flying.

I guess some people just don't like the odds evened out? Who knows. Maybe he was taking a phone call??

Heck.

Um now I flew against some other chap in a D7f =, I was in a Camel and I actually managed to get him.

Normally I give up against the D7f if it is flown up high and carefully managing it's perch, but they  

came down to my level and I managed to knock them off. Still if it had been Mamochka driving the D7f it would have  

been a tooth and claw fight to the death. ( or a collision...)

Oh yes I remember, I fought um... thingy... Joker_BR he was in a Struttty B and I was in a D7f ( I was TESTING IT OK ...)

I think he shot me down. Several times. The strutty is a good low and slow  plane. But the view is bad, ikons on is the key.

I really need a notebook and pencil tied to it with a bit of string. ...maybe a clipboard  and biro ?

Phew.

What I find most tedious:

People who A ) never change sides ( usually Germans )

and B )  those who never try out other planes ( again usually Germans ).

But there are no rules about this however I hardly ever see Se5a's SPADs or Dolphins being flown...

( Because they are essentially flying coffins? ) and are the lesser German planes really that bad???

Looking at the D7f and the average furball server, I think taking this pane off the map would actually

make flying the Entente hit and run planes a not so suicidal thing to do.... could even be fun...

my sixpence worth.

S!

Knalp.

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#26 127Tom

127Tom

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:45

Multiplayer is where Rise of Flight is most fun. Especially the interesting characters flying it. 
Sometimes I wonder who they really are and how they look like. Everyone has their own quirks. 

Moro = I respect his ability to fly that Camel. He sticks to you like glue in a turning fight.
And he always manage to hit you with his pop shots from hundreds of meters below you. 
Superb flying and shooting skills. I met no one as good as him.

But he sure is annoying too: Vulching airfields when he can. If he damages your plane and you are venting fuel and coolant and head back for base he will come after
you no matter what and makes sure he empties all his bullets until your plane collapses. If you manage to land, don't think you are safe: He will turn around and shoot you on the ground.
Moro, I think you should know by now if you damage a plane and it's forced to land, you will get the kill ;)

And always some funny stuff to read as you fly. This made me chuckle a lot:

#27 127Tom

127Tom

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:51

Salute FF.

Yesterday was terrible. For reasons I should keep to myself. ( it's hard to do as I am prone to over sharing...)

Today I jumped on NFF and got in a scrape with Kilgore who only flew the Dr1. Needless to say he flew

very well but was totally boring. Every fight started with a head on joust and he kept breaking my engine or

smashing into me and I came off way worst. He flew off a few times after I was totally wreaked. Not a scratch on him.

I started out in a Dh2 an that was fun but really it's out classed by the DR1.

Then moved over to the Camel and frankly you have to catch a Dr1 with it's trousers down to beat it.

There are some who say that you can beat a Dr1 in a fair fight with a Camel but I am still doubting it.

Two equally good pilots and the Dr1 will win. In my humble opinion. :  -  )

I decided to then test this theory and pit my DR1 against kilgores Dr1 but he stopped flying.

I guess some people just don't like the odds evened out? Who knows. Maybe he was taking a phone call??

Heck.

Um now I flew against some other chap in a D7f =, I was in a Camel and I actually managed to get him.

Normally I give up against the D7f if it is flown up high and carefully managing it's perch, but they  

came down to my level and I managed to knock them off. Still if it had been Mamochka driving the D7f it would have  

been a tooth and claw fight to the death. ( or a collision...)

Oh yes I remember, I fought um... thingy... Joker_BR he was in a Struttty B and I was in a D7f ( I was TESTING IT OK ...)

I think he shot me down. Several times. The strutty is a good low and slow  plane. But the view is bad, ikons on is the key.

I really need a notebook and pencil tied to it with a bit of string. ...maybe a clipboard  and biro ?

Phew.

What I find most tedious:

People who A ) never change sides ( usually Germans )

and B )  those who never try out other planes ( again usually Germans ).

But there are no rules about this however I hardly ever see Se5a's SPADs or Dolphins being flown...

( Because they are essentially flying coffins? ) and are the lesser German planes really that bad???

Looking at the D7f and the average furball server, I think taking this pane off the map would actually

make flying the Entente hit and run planes a not so suicidal thing to do.... could even be fun...

my sixpence worth.

S!

Knalp.

"I decided to then test this theory and pit my DR1 against kilgores Dr1 but he stopped flying.

I guess some people just don't like the odds evened out? Who knows. Maybe he was taking a phone call??"

- Why didn't you mention that Kilgore came right in after you called him a "pussy" for leaving the server as you switched to a Dr. 1, Plank? ;) 
Yes, it's me, "Flash_"
So, how did that Dr. 1 duel go with Kilgore? Is there a reason you don't mention this?

This is why I always take what people say with a grain of salt ;) you never get the full story.

#28 knalp

knalp

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:25

So, how did that Dr. 1 duel go with Kilgore? Is there a reason you don't mention this?

Salute Flash. ( and you don't have to quote the whole post.. you can edit out parts. )

The reason why there was nothing more to add is that there was nothing more to add.

kilgore came back and did not get in a plane. I waited and then gave up and left. Like I said he may have been  

busy or something. Picking his teeth? No idea...

I put Kilgore and Rimmer in the same basket. They fly to get kills as hard as they can. and that is about it.

They usually drive the Dr1 and use it's advantages to the maximum. ( which is a lot easier than the Camel, right .)

As far as Moro goes how well does he do against the Dr1 aces? Is he miles better ? I don't know.

Some people definitely are really good.

This may sound a bit um thing  but I personally do my best to coach newbies and not just smash them down.

It's not good for their confidence and they certainly don't get to do a lot of learning.  

And as you may have noted today I started off in the Dh2 ... hardly a killing machine.

Some people play only to rack up kills.

It's all they are there for. Frankly it's boorish. But hey...

So calling out Kilgore as a pussy is not a big deal he has said some pretty nice things to me so,

really there is no love lost. We have tangled a few times over the years. Such is life...

Now if you have ever had to deal with Thor in his D7f when you are in a camel... well he is a pro.

He knows just how high is high enough and will whittle your Camel to matchsticks. Unlike your  

show today where you tossed your altitude away. Normally I would expect to lose....

But then take an N17 with twin Lewis and foster mount.... let them fly high! ooh but it's cheating...

Oh yes then there is the Pup .... this can be excellent at bashing the Dr1's. But it's no the

Camel which is supposed to be our really good fighter... I guess....

Personally I quite like struggling with the inferior Entente planes until I lose my rag. ... Which can happen.

the other day Mamochka hunted me down in his D7f and killed my Se5a and Dolphin.

It just kills me that the D7f is the go to machine for all round killing.

And he is no slouch against a Camel in it. He can fly the thing and that's for sure.

But then he actually flies the Camel at times, so I take my hat off to him. : - )

S!

Knalp.

PS I got cross at Mamo and left, I was tired and it's boring being chased across the map by the D7f....

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#29 127Tom

127Tom

Posted 13 February 2020 - 13:43

You sure to like to write a lot. Jeez haha
Also funny how you don't mention the times I blasted you out of the skies.
I think I will have to ask Kilgore about that Dr.1 duel if it happened or not ;) 

#30 knalp

knalp

Posted 13 February 2020 - 21:25

Chaps.

Still have not yet purchased a note book. Check.

Orangefighter2  and myself took to the skies on NFF in various two seaters to harass the enemy.

Now this is a relatively new thing for myself. I tend to not team up with people.... but Orange was   

keen to gun in a bomber and heck why not? So we took off to join the merry fray.

First targets  were the search lights. Orange dispatched them with surgical precision. Good shooting!

Next we bashed up some ememy fighters. I think we got in a spot of bother and had to land which resulted in   

a crash. Orange was killed. Drat.   

Next we got some more fighter bashing in before we had to head back to base but as luck would have it we  

ended up swimming back. No sharks thank goodness.   

To end the adventure  I thought we should bomb the battle ship. Well. Heck. after about three bomb loads I think  

we managed to cripple it. Unfortunately on our last run I clipped a radio mast and everything went black.  

Well actually my game crashed. It was all very dramatic. I got back in the game to bid Orange farewell and then  

turned in. It was quite late my end.

Had a great time, Orange was a great gunner and the AI were gracious in not being too hard on us.

S!

Knalp.

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#31 knalp

knalp

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:50

A note book!

Scribbling notes after action is harder than it looks! Heck.

Report:

Date: 14.0.20       

Time: ?

Plane : Camel

Enemy:   Kilgore

Plane: DR1

Outcome: Damaged.

Report:

Was vulched while taking off, then head to head attack, oiled.

K was diving as I were taking off.

Got a turn in or two before engine died. Glided into tree. Survived.

K engine out. Mission rolled.

Date:14.02.20

Time:

Enemy: Klugermann

Plane: Halb DII

Outcome: N/A

Report:

Caught up with Klugermann and as his engine died I shot him up.

Apologised.

Date: 14.0.20       

Time: ?

Plane: Halb DII S!

Outcome: Loss.

Report:

Very tight. Went under Klugermann's plane and was smashed to bits by his wheels.

Date:14.02.20

Time:

Plane: Halb DII

Outcome: Draw.

Report:

Attacked by Kluggerman with height advantage, knife fight ensued.

Collision. Both down. Halberstadt DII is excellent. It won't go down easily.

Date: 14:02:20

Time:

Plane: D8

Outcome: Win.

Report:

I forget how it unfolded. Did I get on his tail?

Date:14:02:20

Time:

Plane: D8

Outcome: Forced down.

Report:

Co alt intercept, energy parity.

Solid fight. S! Klugerman.  

Wore down energy and managed to stay out of his guns.

Frankly I think the Hlab DII is more dangerous.

Very good low alt knife fight. Damaged D8 till it landed out.

Did not press attack. Good fight.

S!

Date:14:02:20

Time:

Enemy: Klugerman

Plane: Phalz.

Outcome: Ground fire/forced down.

Report:

Phalz was harrasing AF AAA. Took off and intercepted.  

Some tricky swooping then Phalz looked damaged.

Did not press attack, let them land at our AF.

Invited to officers club for cheese sandwiches and brandy.

End of report on activity.

S!

Knalp.

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#32 knalp

knalp

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:19

A quickie.

I'm flying a Camel.

Kilgore Dr1 Loss head to head . oiled in H2H.

Kilgore Dr1 Loss head to head . Wheels kill in h2h.

Kilgore Dr1 Draw H2H. Collision in h2h. Both disabled x2

Kilgore Dr1 Draw H2H.

Kilgore Dr1 Loss H2H . ( oiled. kilgore was shoooting from over 1500 metres ...)

Kilgore Dr1 Win  H2H  Managed to not get oiled in first pass and olied him.

Fought down to the weeds and finished him off. Tough fight but well earned.

Something went right but no idea what.  I did laugh a tiny bit...

Observations:

In a simple co-alt head to head I was coming out distinctly worse off.

Even when we collided his plane just did not sustain any reasonable damage.

I suspect desync and the Dr1 being a little bit too tough. It is a wooden plane after all  

not a blinking cement mixer....

Rudder control. I had a curve on the rudder to help with longitudinal stability.

It was very nice for fine rudder work but I started to find it an impediment  

when really needing sharp yaw action. Set it back to linear but with a short throw  

and gained a bit more authority. Will see how it matures.

I am starting to wonder what the Camel has that the Dr1 does not.

Surely the Dr1 can't be better in every way? I guess?

S!

Knalp.

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#33 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:21

I can't think of anything the current Camel has over the Dr1.

However, most of the margins are small, and a pilot who can maximise energy in a Camel will beat all but the absolute best Dr1's.

If you get behind one in a Pup you can stay there, but you have to fly impeccably and hold your nerve. The Pup however is highly vulnerable in so many ways.

My memory doesn't go that far back, but I believe the pre-nerf Camel was a different story..

S!

#34 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:24

Yesterday went on one of the NFF servers with my brother, flying Dr.1s. We had some nice fights with Cavemanhead who was flying a F2b F.III. Some of them ended with him getting shot down, others ended with us getting shot down. A little later we got in a fight with someone called Inverted_Immelmann (i think). He was flying a Spad XIII and sadly for him he tried to turn fight. I start getting holes in his plane, and I hit his engine, when suddenly he just exited in the middle of the fight and never came back. After that we flew D8s and had a couple of fights Pizza Cat, my brother and I both got shot down. And then we had to leave. 

Attached Files

#35 127Tom

127Tom

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:40

Some strange behavior by a guy on the on the NFF # 2 server today:

A guy called "Cartoon_aircraft" kept team killing. Standing on the air field with a two-seater and shooting them down as they spawned.
Then when I tried to bomb him (I was on the opposite team as him) he of course exit the flight before the bombs could reach him so I wouldn't get the kill.

He kept doing this. As we ignored him and started shooting AI planes and bombing submarines he of course took off in a Fokker D.VII. 
But as I turned towards him he turned away and just headed for the sea (exit of the map). 

I recorded everything. But not sure if I bother to render the video and then upload it to youtube. Takes hours. 

Felt this guy just likes to annoy people and meta game. 

#36 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon

Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:07

I have had a similar expierience with someone named jjppxxx and I've had to actually fight him in the air while he's on the same side as me. That was a while ago though, and he seems to have stopped recently.

#37 127Tom

127Tom

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:31

Sorry to hear that Flying_Falcon  :icon_e_sad:  it's frusrating.
The few servers we have will certainly not attract newcomers with this type of behavior. Also sadly yesterday a new guy entered the servers, asking for help
and this twat just team killed him all the time, and he exited. Doubt if he bothers to come back.

#38 knalp

knalp

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:56

Sorry to hear that Flying_Falcon  :icon_e_sad:  it's frusrating.
The few servers we have will certainly not attract newcomers with this type of behavior. Also sadly yesterday a new guy entered the servers, asking for help
and this twat just team killed him all the time, and he exited. Doubt if he bothers to come back.

We have to nurture the newbies. I have done it time and time again.

The thanks you get from helping out a new pilot makes up for all the dents you get  

from other twerps. It's worth it. Totally.

I have even shot down pilots on our side who have been beating up the newbs.

They just do not understand that we need more good players and less dickheads.

Still, I have seen some jerk pilots come into line, there is hope for some of them!

S!

Knalp.

2020_2_24__5_52_19.jpg

#39 127Tom

127Tom

Posted 16 February 2020 - 20:31

Today there was some dispute among some players that they teamkill for kills. 
And some sent ban and kick tickets at each other. 

It seems ridiculous, but I am equally worried about my team mate behind me shoulder shooting at my target and almost crashing into me than I am about other
enemies behind me when I chase down my target. 

And the team mate behind usually don't care if he hits you or not.
Shouldn't this be easily fixed if there is a penalty for hitting team mates? 3 strikes and you get kicked for let say 20 minutes or so?
No need to ban, because we have few enough players as there is. 

#40 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 16 February 2020 - 21:00

There is a 'return friendly fire' setting, but that would have to be activated by the server operator.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users