Still alive?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Robert_Pfeffer

Robert_Pfeffer
  • LocationHesse, Germany

Posted 17 January 2020 - 22:34

Gentlemen,

is it still possible to have a skin approved for use in the game’s “mods off” mode?

Best regards

Adloff

RoF_06.png

RoF_07.png

RoF_12.png

RoF_13.png

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 17 January 2020 - 23:09

I doubt any new multiplayer skin pack will ever get approved. But you don't need mods on to use skins. Of course, other people won't see it. But there's hardly any people in multiplayer nowadays.

#3 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:27

Yeah - if the devs indicated any interest in releasing another skin pack I'd be happy to curate/create it for them as before, but TBH I don't really see much chance of that ever happening at this point.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#4 Robert_Pfeffer

Robert_Pfeffer
  • LocationHesse, Germany

Posted 18 January 2020 - 19:54

Yes, I already thought so—what a pity! As far as I see, I cannot use unapproved skins in mods-off-mode. I tried replacing the dds files of my old approved Adloff skin by the ones shown above, and I got an error message saying I couldn’t use the skin as it had been modified. Or do you mean it’s still possible to add unapproved skins (for use for your own eyes only) rather than modifying approved files that already exist?

#5 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 18 January 2020 - 20:28

You can surely add your own skins, no doubt about it. But if you were able to modify standard skins, you could replace them by something very shining and spottable for miles and miles, in which case you would have an unfair advantage against anyone using it. Probably the reason why they guarantee the standard skins' integrity.

#6 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 18 January 2020 - 21:02

You can surely add your own skins, no doubt about it. But if you were able to modify standard skins, you could replace them by something very shining and spottable for miles and miles, in which case you would have an unfair advantage against anyone using it. Probably the reason why they guarantee the standard skins' integrity.

Aye. And that baby's had it's ready brek!

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#7 Robert_Pfeffer

Robert_Pfeffer
  • LocationHesse, Germany

Posted 18 January 2020 - 21:03

I just tried that—without success, though. I added a dds file with my skin texture and a dds file with an appropriate preview image. I could access them in mods-on-mode, but not in mods-off-mode. Do you know if I’m doing something wrong?

#8 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 18 January 2020 - 23:33

Was just reading other posts... yeah, apparently you really have to set mods on. Sorry, was a bit confused as policy in IL2 is different: there are no official packs. You see the skins which you have installed, freely shared with anyone else which want to see them too.

#9 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:42

Yes, in RoF you can only use unofficial/unapproved custom skins while in "mods on" mode.  That was basically the point of the whole skin poll/submission/approval process, to be able to use those particular skins while in "mods off" mode.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#10 Robert_Pfeffer

Robert_Pfeffer
  • LocationHesse, Germany

Posted 19 January 2020 - 16:05

Alright, gentlemen, what a pity. Thanks, however, for your immediate reply!

Best,

Adloff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users